View Poll Results: with or without gloves when you spar......

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • with gloves................

70 60.34%
  • without gloves...........

46 39.66%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Green Legged Sweater vs. Green Legged Lemon 84

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Green Legged Sweater vs. Green Legged Lemon 84

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    she is perfectly beautiful...
    Thanks GG.
    All 10 of her ofspring last year were eaten by varmints. I would have to try again this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Green Legged Sweater vs. Green Legged Lemon 84

Quote Originally Posted by GG Crasher
    she is perfectly beautiful...

my DL lemon...........

Post Thanks / Like

My Own Green Leg Sweater....just want to share..
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...egSweater2.jpg
    And My Broodcock green leg Sweater..
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...LegSweater.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tres_mentiras
    This is a cross between a YELLOW-LEGGED and a GREEN LEGGED. Nice broodcock.

I prefer the GREEN LEGGED ONES, they are better in sparring than the YELLOW LEGGED ONES.

tres,

i agree with you! not only do they spar well they win too!

west wing

Post Thanks / Like

West Wing,

They surely do....

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

Post Thanks / Like

The Green Legged Sweaters are known to be the Sweater with POWER.

The Green Legged Lemon 84 is known to be tactical and packed with MACHINE GUN SHUFFLES.

Which Bloodline has Better Fighting Style?

Do you know the History of their Strain?

Please post pictures

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras:lol:
    tres,

u are right describing the green legged lemon 84 fight "known to be tactical and PACKED WITH MACHINE GUN SHUFFLES!! my friend called me last night and described how their green lemon 84 fought , same words just as you said! their breeding materials came direct from paeng araneta consisting of a green legged lemon 84 broodcock and a green legged and a yellow legged lemon hens.

west wing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRES MENTIRAS...

Quote Originally Posted by west wing
    here is a green leg lemon broodcock
    http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/IMG_2356.jpg
    West wing, super handsome.......... and thanks to Mr. Paeng Araneta holding the GL Lemon 84 for perpetuating this very special breed.

Can some post video clips if they had crossed the GL Sweater to the GL Lemon? Sparring of the pure GL Sweater, pure GL Lemon and their cross.

thanks...ed

Post Thanks / Like

tres,

u are right describing the green legged lemon 84 fight "known to be tactical and PACKED WITH MACHINE GUN SHUFFLES!! my friend called me last night and described how their green lemon 84 fought , same words just as you said! their breeding materials came direct from paeng araneta consisting of a green legged lemon 84 broodcock and a green legged and a yellow legged lemon hens.

west wing
    RCA GREEN LEGGED LEMON 84

Well, aside from the GL LEMON 84's tactical way of fighting and being packed up with machine gun shuffles, this LEMON 84 strain is an advantage, because it serves as a camouflage--it looks like a Medium Stationed Hatch.

We fought our Sweater-Roundhead with a GL Lemon 84, we thought it was a Hatch. When we released it, I thought the hatch-looking bird will be too aggressive and penetrate our waiting fowl. But to our disappointment, it stayed in its place. Then, in an off-beat tempo sank the knife on the chest of our fowl. It won unscathed.

When we use our Sweaters, I fear the Lemons. This bloodline is one of those I respect in the pit. The only problem is that, they get better at a later age (2 YEARS). I do not intend to pit them during stags, unless graded with a blood of Sweater or Hatch.

GREEN LEGGED SWEATERS

Until now, I don't see them being suited for the long-knife.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=tres_mentiras]RCA GREEN LEGGED LEMON 84

When we use our Sweaters, I fear the Lemons. This bloodline is one of those I respect in the pit. The only problem is that, they get better at a later age (2 YEARS). I do not intend to pit them during stags, unless graded with a blood of Sweater or Hatch.

tres,

u are right again on this one,"they get better at a later age (2 YEARS)".this is what paeng told me two days ago when i called him in bacolod.

eaa indians,

you are welcome!

God Bless!

west wing

Post Thanks / Like

tres,

u are right again on this one,"they get better at a later age (2 YEARS)".this is what paeng told me two days ago when i called him in bacolod.

God Bless!

west wing
    How's Paeng doing to this date?

I heard that he no longer breeds in the place where he used to raise them. Where is he breeding right now?

Unfortunately, if you talk with people from his home town, they dispute the authenticity and ability of the Lemon 84. They will tell you that it is Lemon-Lemonan and that the authentic Lemon 84 died in the hands of Peter Uy. The unpopular version claims that it died in the hands of Tony Trebol. Well, that's what many say....

But to those who really had first hand experience with the RCA Lemon 84 (whether Green Legged or Yellow Legged), you still could say that it could still sting opponents in the pit.

And not to mention, the Originator of the Lemon 84 is really a true blue sabungero for being too kind to accommodate any afficionado. He deserves respect, as all of us should give respect and be respected.

" Do unto others what you want others to do unto you."--Jesus Christ.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

P.S.

Honestly, the Lemon 84 fights as early as 4 months, but they are just too stupid during their early years. They don't throw too many shuffles, they catch all the punches of its sparmate. Nevertheless, once it reaches 24 months, you'll be surprised that you'll have an all together different fighting machine. (I'm talking about the PURE YL Lemon 84)

With the Green Legged, they have multiple feet even as stags, but it improves like wine as they mature, including their being tactical in its fighting style.

Corollary, ask all Lemon breeders, and they will say the same thing, these are late maturing birds.

Eddie Boy Ledesma said, "the Hulseys are late maturing birds, and requires the infusion of early maturing bloodlines for them to be fought as stags, but when these birds reached three years, they are second to none."
    Last edited by tres_mentiras; May 19th, 2009 at 06:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

up up upppppppppppp green legged sweater.

Post Thanks / Like

tres,

health wise paeng is doing fine ,he excercises everyday doing tai-chi .i remember in 2007 when i was there ,we had to go to the park so he could do tai-chi,while i was a taking a walk.
    he told me he won a derby last december,but lost some derbies after.he breeds at home and brings them to a nearby place where he use to breed them.he gave up his cording area up in the mountains.

west wing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear that he is doing ok. I get the picture of the plaza. I pass by the plaza when we go to the La Carlotta cockpit.

Thanks for the update.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

lytbringer

grren legged lemon84 for me

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a PURE YELLOW-LEGGED LEMON 84 as bred by FREDO GAMEFARM.

Here is a PURE GREEN-LEGGED LEMON 84 as bred by FREDO GAMEFARM.

Here is the sparring of a GL Lemon84 vs. YL Lemon 84:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirlHURmzAg

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a PURE YELLOW-LEGGED LEMON 84 as bred by FREDO GAMEFARM.

Here is a PURE GREEN-LEGGED LEMON 84 as bred by FREDO GAMEFARM.

Here is the sparring of a GL Lemon84 vs. YL Lemon 84:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirlHURmzAg

God bless.

Tres Mentiras
    are they brothers? seems like they fight the same, but one thing that disturbed me is that the yellow-legged one pecks then shuffles.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are brothers, but the YELLOW LEGGED is younger than the GREEN-LEGGED LEMON 84.

From the first two buckles, the YELLOW-LEGGED Lemon 84 made clean hits (without the bill-hold). He tried to peck and hit, when the birds became too close to each other--it's the in-fighting instincts.

Notice that even the GREEN-LEGGED Lemon 84 made pecks too before it shuffled. It just became obvious with the YELLOW-LEGGED Lemon 84 because it could not catch the Green-Legged.

Eddie Boy Ledesma said "there are three reasons why a gamefowl bill-holds:

1) It cannot hit the down-opponent, and needs a bill-hold to make a direct hit (drag fights);

2) It is too tired to make a shuffle, so they bill-hold to get a good leverage, then it shuffles naturally; and

3) It is a natural bill-holder."

In my (biased) opinion, I think, it's acceptable considering that the first two buckles were a clean hit. Assuming, they have the knife, I believe it is not necessary for some in-fighting.

Honestly, the Lemon 84 (and almost all the Lemons) is "relatively" boring to watch during sparring, because it is elusive. How much more if it is pitted against a sibling? Same fighting style.

The breeding is PURE. There was no other infusion.

Nevertheless, when crossed, they tell a different story--even Paeng Araneta would agree.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southborder22av
    up up upppppppppppp green legged sweater.

Post Thanks / Like

I am yet to see some ponkan green legged sweater with white streamers...is there any or just plain hatch looking green leg sweaters...can anyone post some pics of these ponkan green legged sweaters??thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I have never seen a Green Legged Fowl with a White Streamer.

Seriously....

If there is such a thing, hope someone could post his Green Legged Fowl with Streamer.

As to GREEN LEGGED SWEATERS, I have seen light hackled ones, but none with a white streamer.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

So far, I do not see anything remarkable with the GREEN LEGGED SWEATERS. It's just a variety of a SWEATER. Same fighting style, although with more power.
    Last edited by tres_mentiras; December 23rd, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WT AVALON

I've seen your SLICK LIZARD Green Legged Sweaters in the farm. They're like gems. They are as rare as diamonds.

Green Legged Sweaters are great as it is. They have the Sweater Blood that is winning today, but they are even better, for having the POWER and MULTI-SHUFFLES.

We could breed them straight to another Green Legged Sweater. Green Legged Sweaters are Green Legged Sweaters. Simply the best!

Also, we could cross them with other Sweaters in your farm like Mr. SWEATER BARNETT's Double Right or LORN, BLACKWATER FARM's POSSUM. These Green Legged Sweater to Sweater, although bred straight, will have hybrid vigor due to the difference in their genes.

I would not suggest breeding them with your Four Webbers from Slick Lizard as you might be inbreeding them and might lose the hybrid vigor.

But to get the proven hybrid vigor, crossing them with other Bloodlines will be great for the upcoming derbies.

Green Legged Sweaters are more aggressive and gamer than the common Sweaters.

Crossing it with your HH Moore Claret will produce high-breaking "salto" and air-assault shuffles--since gameness is not a problem.

Crossing it with your Kelso will add speed, creating a fast and unstoppable killing machine.

Nevertheless, the proven cross for Sweaters is with the ROUNDHEADS (Carl Davis and Hugh Norman) at 3/4 Sweater/1/4 Roundhead proportion, to get early maturing stags, and more tactical ring generals with high-breaking "salto" air-assault. You've proven this cross. Might as well, continue the doing it to increase winning chances.

Just my thoughts....

Bottomline is, Green Legged Sweaters are great as they come. Crossing them with any bloodline could create unstoppable killing slashers.

Of course, with exceptions when crossed to turkey's, ducks, or love birds. Joke.:lol:

Mabuhay ka!!! God bless.

You are blessed to have the best slashers in the world in your farm.... I am blessed to be your friend. Always grateful.

-Tres Mentiras

it all boils down to one thing, this line are made and develop by the breeder that i admire. the late NewtonWade. for me this sweaters are the best of all, cutting, brain and accuracy i call them modern day lemon.

either the green leg or yellow leg sweaters as long as they have newtonwade line in them they are THE BEST

cheers all

season greetings to all...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orion
    it all boils down to one thing, this line are made and develop by the breeder that i admire. the late NewtonWade. for me this sweaters are the best of all, cutting, brain and accuracy i call them modern day lemon.

either the green leg or yellow leg sweaters as long as they have newtonwade line in them they are THE BEST

cheers all

season greetings to all...............
    I agree.

Newton Wade, among others, is one of the most successful breeders of the Sweater strain.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

cockfighter_199

id say the lemon 84

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.

Newton Wade, among others, is one of the most successful breeders of the Sweater strain.

God bless.

Tres Mentiras
    newton sweater are just like the lemon when it comes to fighting style and cutting, the only edge the sweater of newton has is the height compared to a regular lemon they are a bit taller knowing newtonwade sweater i think are the smallest when it comes to station. but on all aspect they can give you the show that you want and of course the wwwwww's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orion
    newton sweater are just like the lemon when it comes to fighting style and cutting, the only edge the sweater of newton has is the height compared to a regular lemon they are a bit taller knowing newtonwade sweater i think are the smallest when it comes to station. but on all aspect they can give you the show that you want and of course the wwwwww's
    I have the Newton Wade Sweater's love um ,however only get green legged pullets occasionally, never had a stag ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CALVIN2
    I have the Newton Wade Sweater's love um ,however only get green legged pullets occasionally, never had a stag ...
    where did you get your newtonwade sweaters?

Post Thanks / Like

SWEATERS-Came from Jerry Rayfield,He got them from George Lay,I traded cocks with Dean Johnson every couple of years his came from Newton Wade( Otis Chappell.)

Post Thanks / Like

so you had an authentic newtons, well i envy you my friend keep them up mine are about to be depleted and looking for a good source to replenish them, can you recommend where i can get here in PI or maybe you can spare some if you have

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CALVIN2
    SWEATERS-Came from Jerry Rayfield,He got them from George Lay,I traded cocks with Dean Johnson every couple of years his came from Newton Wade( Otis Chappell.)
    Well, Odis Chappel's Sweaters are the foundation stock of Blackwater's if I'm not mistaken....

God bless.

Tres Mentiras

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer crossing these two fine bloodlines... i believed the result would be brain, power & speed...