Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulutan In The States

Post Thanks / Like

Ulutan In The States

WILL THIS PINOY TRADITION CLICK IN THE STATES OR NOT......WHAT U THINK - WILL THE AMERICANS AND OTHER GAMEFOWL LOVING NATIONALITY TRY THE ULUTAN LIKE IN THE PI........FROM GAFF TO SK OR LK.........LET ME HEAR FROM THE EAST COAST TO THE WEST COAST........WILL IT NICK.:hippie:like in La. , NM , HOW BOUT IN MEXICO OR PR OR ETC......ANY FELLOW COCKERS FROM THIS PLACE OUT THERE...FROM THE ISLAND TOO LIKE HI. AND GUAM.....

Post Thanks / Like

in the states…there is no such thing as a no-weight scale matching…

very interesting topic, my friend.

any one, please kindly correct me, if im wrong:

in the states and in cockpits (any where in the world, except in the philippines) where our sport is legal, there is no such thing as a no-weight scale-matching. honor code, bird-no see, weight matching, yes. but then, your money and your honor is at stake. (that's why i have serious doubts when someone who is supposedly is from the states would suggest that a no-weight matching is better; im sorry, but i seriously wonder if such suggester is a humaniac or a phony).

in the states, in areas where it is illegal, with top secrecy, in hackfights or derbies, people bring their birds, and their tools of the trade or sport, their tari, and of course, their own weight scale. ulutan is the same. you kahig, you see and compare, and you observe. a timbangan ulutan matching does not in any way affect anyone’s ulutan skills (all matching factors could still be considered: weight, height, size, age, breeding, conditioning, owner/breeder, baldados, one eyed, give or take a partida, etc.). but, they’ll look at you as a nerd or a freak if you ever suggested or offer matching without knowing your bird’s weight. they don’t tolerate manggugulangs or even the inference of unfairness. and its a closed society. jail time and/or huge fines if you get caught enjoying our sport. and you better have an in-good standing member, sponsor-kumpadre to take you to one of these sabong events.

Post Thanks / Like
    NOT now. No one knows what's gonna happen untill it is tried in the pits. Yeah, this is a "interesting" topic.
    jailtime/and or huge fines......
    If YOU are one of the crooks, you should be caught and punished.

Just play by the RULES
    just as I told you and you'll be okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    If a group of Filipinos would start and make it as a special fight for them,,, it would be most likely be granted for cockers are FREEDOM lovers.....with the freedom of both parties to make their own terms and conditions without interference from maniacal individuals or groups and even that BIG government. Cockers would prefer to decide and speak for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sir A1GFarms,

Let me apologize anticipatingly because I just want to ask a question to our friend TONY777.

Sir TONY777, why are you NEGATIVELY critisizing and ARGUING the thread starter ???

The thread starter is just a question for us to throw our opinions. It's NOT even a proposition.

Sir TONY777 why are you DESPISING that mainstream tradition of Filipino cockfighters infront of the whole world ???

It's not even there yet but you have already pronounced your own judgement.

Thankks again Sir.

joeydancer
    There're only 2 states in US where cockfighting is still legal right now and both are using scales. I don't see any reason why they will opt for no scale when they're doing fine w/th scale.

tatodupaya

panggugulang in ulutan in hackfights. is it art or cheating Part V

Post Thanks / Like

what trolls can do…

tatodupaya: i like your approach in life of having a little humor and being happy. iust a reminder: i did not start the topic. he, he, he.

what trolls can do…was i arguing or just expressing “WHAT [] [I] THINK”?

Post Thanks / Like
    The thread starter is just a question.

You did not start the topic,but you are just attacking it with your SUPERIOR thinking and worldwide knowledge about cockfight.

The good humor of my bro. Tato has nothing to do with your attacking arguement.

Now you wanna use Tato's post as your divertionary avenue ??? Tsk tsk tsk!

Okay folks....ignore this guy....please post your opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

TROLL ALERT

try: http://hometown.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

(this is a good thread and a wonderful site. just pretend trolls don’t exist, or use your ignore button under profile. please kindly ignore any troll’s posting, and continue to share and express your views about this nice topic. there would always be taxes and death; cheaters in any game or sport; or trolls in any website forum or chat rooms. a lot of good rooms/sites had been destroyed by such trolls when people start staying away from such sites. the best we could do is to calm trolls down, or let them die (ignore them), address the person/s whom you want to reply to, and not to even mention the troll's name. such way does work!).

NDS731

MAIN

I smell MAIN...haha

Post Thanks / Like
    NDS731: not from this side, my friend. true, im tempted at times, but i dont want to waste my time with trolls, except to post troll alert/s.

tatodupaya

Tony, I know.

Hey guys, I love posting and reading your posts too. But can we just have a friendlier discussion? For all I know, we are all Filipinos by blood here. Peace to everyone. Malapit na pasko gentlemen.

Post Thanks / Like
    tatodupaya:

again, thanks for your wise counsel. but, as you said, ill draw the line on this issue. there would always be cheaters in any game or sport (like the hard core manggugulangs in our sabong), or trolls in any website forum or chat rooms. both are like cancer, and should be stopped. with the former, they are a hindrance to the growth and economy of our (gentleman and sportsman's) sport and they bring dishonor and disgrace to our honorable ulutan by their deception; with the later, they destroy wonderful site as this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: My friend TONY777

This is a site about GAMEFOWL or chikens. It's NOT a site for LEGISLATORS like you.

Just go ahead and post your opinion about this thread or start a topic about gamefowl. If you really are in this sport,,,which you always call "beloved sport",,,convince us,,,talk about gamefowl which I think you never did.. Now, I doubt if you really are in the sport. I don't have any problem believing that you've been from cockfights to cockfights but I doubt if you really care about gamecocks.

The humaniacs that you've been talking about are just like you, so preoccupied with regulations, regulatons, regulations. You had been ranting and ranting about the pit regulations and probably next, you'll be ranting about a regulation how my birds should be taken cared and treated.

If you can live by your word,,,stop responding to trolls like me as you said, directly or indirectly. For that, you are violating your own rule, but you want everyone to follow your pet cockfight rules.

If you really care as you said about site[s] like this,,,,stop acting like the real TROLL.

Oh yeah..."gentleman's sport"....."beloved sport".....and the endearing compliments.... I think I've heard that a lot of times from....uhhh...Mr. Yap.

Post Thanks / Like

TROLL ALERT

try: http://hometown.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm#WIAT

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

(this is a wonderful site nobly provided free for sabong lovers. just pretend trolls don’t exist, or use your ignore button under profile. please kindly ignore any troll’s posting, and continue to share and express your views about any topic. there would always be taxes and death; cheaters in any game or sport; or trolls in any website forum or chat rooms. a lot of good rooms/sites had been destroyed by such trolls when people start staying away from such sites. the best we could do is to calm trolls down, or let them die (ignore them), address the person/s whom you want to reply to, and not to even mention the troll's name. such way does work!).

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm sorry, but what exactly is 'ulutan'?

Post Thanks / Like
    kaimukirich

"Ulutan" is a section within the Philippine cockpits (usually attached to the main pit building) where the cocks intended for fighting for a particular pit day are brought together by the owners or handlers for matching. And everything is voluntary. that's basically it is............ and I could expound more.

Post Thanks / Like

It's something you drink with beer

without the P.

J/k kai

Post Thanks / Like

Oops!

that's eat with beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Hey Darkwing, be carefull because someone here will call you a TROLL like me.:lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    Darkwing: you are cool.

pallothi

Smile

The big fights here in Hawaii uses the scale. However, there are some that don't use the scale at all and just "eyeball" it (biagan).

Post Thanks / Like
    pallothi: in your wonderful hawaii, are there weight scales in your matching area?

pallothi
    Yes, we do in the big fights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guerillas somewhere around just meet with their few cocks even without scale and an "eye balled" matching is no big deal. That's sport.

Pallot in Hi...must be enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like
    pallothi:

its been a long time, but we used to barbecue and spend our weekends at ewa beach or enjoy our sport. interestingly, the place (a circular pit) was run by the portuguese, but the crowd was mostly filipinos. they have weight scales there at the matching area. like clock work, the cops pay the place a visit at least once during the day, and haul the sentenciador and the two handlers away. luckily, they leave the crowd alone. i hope its still the same.

i hope you are okay after that quake near the big island. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

just for fun

hi folks,
    here's my story sometime back in '91 just after the first desert storm (Bush SR vs Saddam).......... nye-he-he.....

Riyadh, 1991.........
    perhaps out of fear and frustration, lots of us Filipinos found a way to enjoy, even ignoring the harsh consequences when caught....... nye-he-he......

the roosters are mostly natives here, the locals call them BADOU... or bedouine in literal term......... just like any ordinary native rooster in PI, some look like the asils......... or maybe a blood of asil on it..... we purchase them from the livestock market.. just a few kms from Batha, the commercial center of Riyadh at that time......... usually on Thursday afternoon......

night time comes........... and we all gather in some labor camp not far from the palace under construction (perhaps it was Prince Bandar's)..........

then comes the ulutan, in all forms of GULANGAN, nye-he-he....... I guess it is already a trademark of us Pinoys....... no offense meant........ but that's how it goes..........

betting at the lowest......... 40, 50, the biggest I can remember for a single bet was 200......... riyals of course......

you can laugh your heart out......... see those poor birds fight, sometimes when one gets wounded, it will simply run away, nye-he-he........

But oh man........... that's the wonders of sabong........ even at the strictest nation on earth.............. we still find our way how to enjoy.........

Today........... well, you can find the best bloodlines in Riyadh.......... and the cockpit is inside the palace itself of a big chief, perhaps a General........ himself having a seat on the ringside.......... the cockpit comparable to that in San Juan Coliseum......... glass and aluminum...........

but that's only in Riyadh.......... in Jeddah and Dammam, well, it is still a big risk, nye-he-he........... but as we all say, if there is a will, then we find a way..............

any similar stories in other parts of the globe please?

Post Thanks / Like

tapados

well my friends in good old mexico, years ago it was common to do this, we use to called them TAPADOS, you tell the guy or tell all the people the fight roosters if the want to fight some TAPADOS, if they say yes you only set the day, time and the money you were going to bet, the only thing you never set was the weight, & station so you never knew what he was going to bring, was kind of fun you don't see that very much this days.
    friend in the sport

Post Thanks / Like
    DINOPATANI and rex366:

nice stories.