Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: TIPS from DOC TJT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TIPS from DOC TJT

doc ted,
    wat should be the correct ration of feeds if i do it in wet feeding and dry feeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc ted, got one bird that has somewhat a "halak" i dont know if this is the correct term anyway he has shortness of breathing, sounds like he has phelgm but my farmhelp cannot see visually any phelgm in the mouth/throat, what is this sickness and your advised medication to eradicate this problem? i hope he can survive one more day, latest info ko doc mukhang nangi-ngitim nayong palong...video provided below for your guidance, hope you can clearly see it... thanks for the help.

Last edited by ulokandiaMaster; March 28th, 2007 at 03:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc ted gud pm po.may mga 1 to 6 mos old kme ngaun balak namin mag bigay ng b1 b1,b1b1 la sota at fowl pox paki guide niyo naman kme kung paano ibigay sa kanila ng tama at kung ano pa pwede ibigay na vaccine sa kanila tnx po
    Last edited by lon051500; April 4th, 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Accredited Merchant tjtcokngacademy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

pmo11

Aside from the fact that they are sick, too much antibiotics in their system depresses their appetite. To stimulate their appetite and help them recover, give a supportive vitamin like B Complex.
    Rule of Thumb: A SICK BIRD, UNDERGOING ANTIBIOTIC THERAPY, NEEDS TO TAKE MORE VITAMINS COMPARED TO A ROOSTER BEING CONDITIONED.

Post Thanks / Like

doc. ted gud am po. tel ko lng po sana ulit ung about sa mabahong ilong ng manok ko at how many days po ang pag take ng ceforex nong manok koh at ilan beses sa isang araw po sya mgttake ng gamot. at ask ko din po sana kung ilang minute po ung inahin sa loob ng flypen kasama ng kinocondition kung manok at ano po tamang oras sa gabi na ilalabas sa cage ung ilalabang kung manok na ilalagay sa t-pee 3 days before the fyt. at pag medyo masama mo ang panahon o mahangin eh pwedy ilagay nalang sa sa flypeen para d mabasa o d mahanginan

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,

Tanong ko lang po, I have 2 months old pure blue face cockerels. Masisigla naman po sila at malalakas ang katawan ang problema ho ay pumipikit and isa nilang mata. Hindi naman ho bulutong at wala rin silang sipon. Pinapatakan ko na rin ho ng Oxy-rid. Ano ho sa tingin nyo ang sakit nila??? Pwede ho bang may factor ang climate change, umiinit na ho kasi ang panahon sa probinsya namin sa Infanta, Quezon.

Thanks for your answer and more power!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ricko on pointing

Quote Originally Posted by tjtcokngacademy
    Pointing is the last 3 days of the keep. It is a tedious, step by step process that involves a lot of detail. Let me share a few tips:
    To rest them properly, you need to situate your resting stalls in a cool, comfortable place (well ventilated cockhouse/ under a tree) that is private so that they are not bothered.
    Provide a wooden roost (good diameter) wherein he can have a good comfortable grip........ so that he can relax his shank and leg muscles............. as long as he wants.
    Some chickens donít drop normally, once they are kept inside a stall........... so you have to limber them, every 3 hours in order for you to check their droppings and monitor if he is digesting properly.
    Carbo-loading is done during the last 4 days. How to mix it correctly, is shown, in detailed demo form, in my VCD. Controlling their water intake would put them in their right "moisture level". Remember, that if a rooster drinks a lot of water......IT'S DEFINITELY A BAD SIGN.
    Doc teddy.. how can i buy yor Conditioning Video..

Pls pm me.. or email to me.

jefdeg/jdtherapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ulokandiaMaster
    Doc ted, got one bird that has somewhat a "halak" i dont know if this is the correct term anyway he has shortness of breathing, sounds like he has phelgm but my farmhelp cannot see visually any phelgm in the mouth/throat, what is this sickness and your advised medication to eradicate this problem? i hope he can survive one more day, latest info ko doc mukhang nangi-ngitim nayong palong...video provided below for your guidance, hope you can clearly see it... thanks for the help.

This may be a case of infectious laryngotracheitis. The best treatment to resort to is human preparation medicine since this is a life threatening disease---Gentamycin Sulfate ampoule (Garamycin Sulfate) 80mg injectable and inject .4cc intramuscularly once a day for 4 days. I want you to understand that this is the ultimate treatment since it is a very strong antibiotic and if this medication does not work, it is due to the fact that it was given too late.... If it was detected earlier then it would not have reached this stage..... It is best to disinfect the area where he was kept to prevent an outbreak

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjtcokngacademy

This may be a case of infectious laryngotracheitis. The best treatment to resort to is human preparation medicine since this is a life threatening disease---Gentamycin Sulfate ampoule (Garamycin Sulfate) 80mg injectable and inject .4cc intramuscularly once a day for 4 days. I want you to understand that this is the ultimate treatment since it is a very strong antibiotic and if this medication does not work, it is due to the fact that it was given too late.... If it was detected earlier then it would not have reached this stage..... It is best to disinfect the area where he was kept to prevent an outbreak

Doc ted, he had no signs of this said infection, biglaan lang talaga, as of this writing he is still alive and still has the problem, still grasping some air to breath but not as much as the first day, i have instructed my farmhelp to give him a theraphy of amoxcillin caps 250mg once a day for 6 days (this is his 3rd day), plus sulfa powder mixed with cooked rice and every other day injection of spectam , i hope that i'm doing the right thing ; now that you have prescribe the medicine above, will do as advised in lieu of the spectam...do i have to continue giving him amoxcillin caps? or should i desist in giving him the anti-bio capsule? what are the primary causes of this iLH infectious laryngotracheitis? Is this desease prevalent in PI or its a rare one? ..thanks for the great advise doc.
    Last edited by ulokandiaMaster; March 29th, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

TJT Cocking Academy Next Schedule: May 10, 11 & 12

jefdeg

Post Thanks / Like

TJT Cocking Academy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jovilac
    Good day to you doc,

I admire your time and effort in helping us breeders, big and small alike, by way of your advises and handy tips which really makes a lot of sense. Your disease diagnosis and treatment recommendations have helped save a lot of good birds. You are truly an asset to the gamefowl industry.

I have a case of staphylocossis wherein the hock joints of a cock swells and begins to bore wound. I brought him to the lab for wound and skin tissue culture and sensitivity test. Wound result "No growth after 4 days incubation". Skin results: staphylococcus aurueus. Sensitive to aztreonam, cefaclor, ceporex, cefuroxime, minocycline, and ciprofloxacin.

Question is lets say i treat him with ceporex (since it would be the lesser price option), is 250mg sufficient straight 5 days treatment? Would u recommend other medication? Skin antibiotic ointment perhaps? Thanks a lot for your time and looking forward for your advise.

More Power to all your endeavors,
    Joey V Lacson

Given the result of the sensitivity test, check which of the medicines has the the injectable form and inject it directly to the leg muscle/drumstick so that it would go directly to the site of infection. You have to understand that problem of the shank, involving the joint, needs a lot of patience because it can take months to heal. Applying a topical antibiotic is OK, but you must remember that it is poorly absorbed in the scaly (keratinized tissue) portion of the joint.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; March 29th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,

pabalik-balik na sipon (minsan namamaga ang mukha) Ano ang LUNAS dito? Gumaling na 2 beses (mga 1-2 weeks lang ang pagitan) tapos balik na naman. CEPOREX & LA ang nagpagaling sa kanya before. ANONG MAGANDA MONG GAWIN...me sipon na naman. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, ANONG MAGANDA KONG GAWIN instead of anong maganda mong gawin.

Post Thanks / Like

TJT Cocking Academy

D Man
    Defintely its not eyeworm because they are only 2 months old and therefore oxy rid is useless.... So as not to be guessing, it would be best it you could send me a close up picture of the eye.

ROYALFARMS

Mas makakabuti kung ipa-sensitivity testing sa isang diagnostic laboratory para malaman mo kung ano ang siguradong lunas....In the meantime, it is best to do NOSE FLUSHING to clear the respiratory tract of any mucous....Extend the antibiotic therapy to complete the treatment and shift to another antibiotic because they have already developed a resistance to the previous antibiotic.

Post Thanks / Like

doc ted,

what's the best couse of treatment for chicks/cockerels afflicted with both coryza and fowl pox? age range 1 to 2 months old...

Post Thanks / Like

can you help about newly imported chicken from abroad what type of immunization needed how long is the seperation from other fowl what type of feeds needed thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: TIPS from DOC TJT

Doc. good day po, tama po bang haluan ng graind dog food ang pagkain ng cocks in conditioning,at ano po ang mixture ng power pellets.salamat po.

Post Thanks / Like

DOC TJT

What are the most important parts of conditioning program and the most common mistakes of every handler?

Post Thanks / Like

TJT Cocking Academy: May 10, 11 & 12

partydude

The chicks are too young and frail to have both coryza and fowl pox. I suggest that you investigate your rearing program. There may be a problem with your brooder…..it might be time to change, especially if it’s old and contaminated….. Fowl Pox is best prevented through vaccination while Coryza can be treated by a broad spectrum antibiotic like cephalexin or amoxicillin based antibiotic.

ramun
    Kindly go over this thread (10-15 pages away) because I have already replied to a similar question---regarding the proper management of newly arrived birds.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; March 31st, 2007 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: speakeasy

its in thread 10- thanks doc -what is the best time to ship ? how long will you keep the birds seperated from the native by the way are you planning to hold classes in cagayan de oro or malaybalay?

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS doc for your advice. doc ted, reading on your book you mentioned not to give b-12 injectable in the last 3 days any reason for this? i'm one of those who give it the last 3 days, can you educate me on the ill effects or disadvantage of giving b-12 on the last 3 days of the keep? how does b-12 help anyway? whats's the proper way of giving b-12 injectable then? i only use this 3 days before the fight. during conditioning and training i just give b-12 tablets on top of the other vitamins we give i.e. multivitamins, b-50, vitamin E and planning to give creatine...any advice doc?

Post Thanks / Like

seminar sa baguio city

doc teddy,

do you have plans of staging a seminar in baguio city?

diegomucho

Post Thanks / Like

joejonjon

Dog food is a good supplement and I usually give it during PRE-CON......I only give 20%pellets in combination to my 80% Conditioning Feed Mixture. Kindly go over the book.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 3rd, 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

TJT Cocking Academy in Cebu: May 24, 25 & 26

ramun
    The closest to Cagayan De Oro is Cebu where I will be conducting a seminar this coming May 24, 25 & 26.
    Venue: Villa Teresita Resort, Talisay
    Seminar Fee: P8,000 including food, accommodation, certificate of completion, handouts, t-shirt & other giveaways
    To register, text/call +639179677353/ +639209506492 and give the following information: name, address & contact number of the attendee. For those abroad, email these information to docteddytanchanco@yahoo.com.
    Payments can be remitted through on line to BPI or through Western Union. Other details will be given upon reservation.

diegomucho
    There are no immediate plan of going to Baguio but you are most welcome to join this coming April 12, 13 & 14 or May 10, 11 & 12.

Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 4th, 2007 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

tebs69

Quote Originally Posted by tebs69
    DOC TJT

What are the most important parts of conditioning program and the most common mistakes of every handler?
    The most important part in a conditioning program is the POINTING PERIOD which I consider as the most critical stage.......The most common mistake committed by handlers (conditioners) is "TO FIGHT A ROOSTER...THAT WAS NOT PROPERLY CONDITIONED."
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 3rd, 2007 at 08:29 PM.

JBAB_ALAS

Musta po Doc Ted,

Dalwang Tauhan ko po pina-aral ko sa inyong academy may mga dalwang taon na ang nakalipas. DOuglas tsaka Diego ang pangalan.

Doc peron po akong mga manok na medyo lumalaki o lumulobo ang mga mukha. Itoy nangyari after magbakuna ng Gumboro ang aking mga tauhan pero hindi na apektuhan ang mga sisiw, pawang mga tandang at mga inahin ang me mga tama. Pati mga kinukundisyun nila na mga panlaban meron din.

Tanong ko po????

1. Kelan ba dapat magbakuna ng gumburo???
    2. Dapat bang bakunahan pati mga malalaki na, na tapos ng nabakunahan nung maliliit pa sila??? kasi to po ang ginawa ng tao ko at to daw nman ang instruction ng Vet sa kanila.

3. yung paglaki ng mga mukha after d vaccination, ano po ba ang dapat gawin dun???

Pinalagyan ko po ng antibiotic na water soluble yung inumin nila for straight 5 days kaso mo wala pong pagbabago at dumadami na po ngayon ang me ganung simtuma.

Sana po ay matulungan ninyo ako. Maraming salamat po.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,
    One of my stag looked like it's wattle looked purple, and dry. He did not even finished eating his morning feed..i've noticed yesterday that his droppings was color brownish white with some red on it. Is he in colli?...what shall i do.

3BCA/Cyberfriends arch_adonis_rmp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

doc ted,

thanks you so much for accomodating my call last tue, yesterday.
    indeed, it was a good help doc although i didn't win but i witnessed my cock showed a good fight! Atleast i learned one important thing--i managed to fight him empty and not reaching hunger in that urgent situations.

again, thanks doc.

by the way, if you'd remember my cock with swelled cheek which i posted before, that was him doc.
    Last edited by arch_adonis_rmp; April 4th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    lono0510500
    Much has been said and written about monthly jabs. In vet parlave, "jabs" means vaccinations done anually in farms as part of routine management practice. Different views and procedures on the correct vaccination program for gamefowl now exist and i would like to set a program for those mistrusting breeders and their uninitiated vets on my simple vaccination program for gamefowl.
    Sad to say, some vets set their program as if they are dealing with Broilers (45 days)or layers.....But gamecocks live longer, sometimes up to 15 years. Compared to humans, that would go about 12 years, allowing 10 human years for one chicken year. So, i decided to modify my gamefowl medication program.
    NCD(b1-b1) is given at Day 21
    NCD(LaSota) is given at 8 weeks.
    Fowl Pox is given at 3-4 weeks.

Rule of Thumb: Never vaccinate sick birds or those that show symptoms of disease.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 9th, 2007 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ty for the tips.