Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -Hennie Breeders-

yewleong

-Hennie Breeders-

hey guys.. i wonder how to breed hennie.. i means breed a hennie and get a bunch of his son that with the hennie feathers.. how to do this? because i just saw the photo that posted by someone with choco hennie.. hey man.. that's great.. i ever tried to breed hennie but the sons of him not even one have the hennie feathers.. why? any tips to breed hennie..

g-ayo

its no secret...

when you are using a hybrid hennie b-cock try to match it with a solid hen...i mean...a hybrid hen also of any good bloodline of your choice then...the outcome may not be all hennies but ther'll be some...the daughters of this cross would have to be mated back to the hennie b-cock...still...ther is no guarantee of producing an all hennie line-up "but!" the probability of producing one is higher than your first cross...get it? no one breeds a hennie to a hen then produce an all hennie stag in one mating...is there??? no i dont think so...just select the hennie feathered one's then the red one's you can give them to me just kidding...

archangel
    i've seen a gold hennie in my neighborhood... also seen a black hennie at the pit... really great looking...

dogmancarter

Inbreed the hennie broodcock

Breed him back to his sister & daughter. You should get some more hennies.

Post Thanks / Like

g-ayo

Good suggestion... I have Hennie in my Farm, thats' the way we
    are doing it... cheers...

Yfis...
    www.carsonfarm.com

yewleong
    wow... thanks guys for sharing.. i will try it when i get a well-performance hennie.. the main reason i want to try breed hennie because i ever saw a match that hennie vs a red fowl.. and the result.. hennie win.. the cock thought that the hennie was a hen and felt to step on the hennie and the hennie give him a speedy blow and that's end of the match.. stedy hennie!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: -Hennie Breeders-

how about ahen with henny bloodline cross to regular rooster?any guess what is yhe offspring?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey yewleong! Just get a single colored bird and battle trim! Haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Take a long feather and twist it at any cock they will try to hit it! Its fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I raised one hennie stag this year out of 3/4 leiper / 1/4 law grey the other 3 stags I raised come normal but one came hennie if I raise out of him will he produce hennie offspring

Thanks yfis Joey

Post Thanks / Like

Hmh? Really? That's cool, what color did that sucker turn out? Grey or red henny?

Post Thanks / Like
    Grey mostly with a red tint to his back kinda like the was a hen crossed the same way turned out I'll take a pic of him tonight and post it

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me this. All you hennie experts. A cocker I know, quiet knowledgeable, I will not disclose. Said and I have witnessed him making hennies out of regular fowl. An estrogen shot @ beginning of molting season??? He's done it many times . I've seen the cocks win. I've seen them become roosters at the next molt.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of this lablue guess it would work but wouldn't that make your cock grow tits lol

Post Thanks / Like

No tits. only female feathers. fought game all I seen. All Hennies, molted out roosters the next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post
    Tell me this. All you hennie experts. A cocker I know, quiet knowledgeable, I will not disclose. Said and I have witnessed him making hennies out of regular fowl. An estrogen shot @ beginning of molting season??? He's done it many times . I've seen the cocks win. I've seen them become roosters at the next molt.
    I know who you're talking about. Turned them in to ace hennies for sure. I think it left them infurtle.

And he's very knowledgeable. My brother and I call him the Dr. Phil of gamefowl.
    Last edited by Lino Zuniga; November 12th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I have a question for you hennie guys? I have a bird that was gifted to me it is about 7 months old at what point or do they grow a comb like a typical comb??

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so it must be a pullet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaBlue View Post

Wow. I don't know that you can make a regular rooster into a henny-looking rooster after moult. Thanks for the info Sir.

Anyone have tried it themselves?
    Last edited by chrisjr; November 13th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjr View Post
    Wow. I don't know that you can make a regular rooster into a henny-looking rooster after moult. Thanks for the info Sir.

Anyone have tried it themselves?
    Yes. I did. Just like Lablue said. You can get the stuff anywhere. It is a shot for cattle. If you're planning on duing it...be careful with the dosage. Very easy to overdue and kill your rooster. I wouldn't recommend it. Unless they're throwaways. They won't be fertile anymore...and dunghills when hormone runs out.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about infertile. The guy had the hatch cock that thought he was a hennie wanted hennies not hatch. lol

22. Likes MANG C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I truly believe a hen cock has the advantage. Just because some cocks truly don't like to whoop up on hens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lino Zuniga View Post
    Yes. I did. Just like Lablue said. You can get the stuff anywhere. It is a shot for cattle. If you're planning on duing it...be careful with the dosage. Very easy to overdue and kill your rooster. I wouldn't recommend it. Unless they're throwaways. They won't be fertile anymore...and dunghills when hormone runs out.
    Thanks Sir Lino Z for sharing your experience with 'Pseudo-Hennies'

I'm just surprise to know that this kind of 'process' (injecting female hormone to a rooster), really works to make a 'pseudo-henny'.

Thanks again Sir. I do breed hennies, too. But i'm using the 'natural way'. Breding 'real' Hennies to make hennies.
    Last edited by chrisjr; November 13th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sir Lino Z for sharing your experience with 'Pseudo-Hennies'

I'm just surprise to know that this kind of 'process' (injecting female hormone to a rooster), really works to make a 'pseudo-henny'.

Thanks again Sir. I do breed hennies, too. But i'm using the 'natural way'. Breding 'real' Hennies to make hennies.
    I don't do it. Just tried it. To see what it was all about. I did see a huge improvements in the fowl that was injected. Really hard to beat. But I don't like faking the funk. So my yard is all natural. No hennies. I would like to try some though.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do it. Just tried it. To see what it was all about. I did see a huge improvements in the fowl that was injected. Really hard to beat. But I don't like faking the funk. So my yard is all natural. No hennies. I would like to try some though.

I just can't imagine what would happen to the Testosterone level of the 'pseudo-henny'.
    Does the 'BULKY muscles' of the rooster change to FINER muscles(feminine-type) because of the introduction of un-usual level of estrogen?

Does the 'style of fighting' of the rooster changes from Aggressive to Defensive(passive)?
    Testosterone makes the rooster 'urgy'. Estrogen injection makes them sterile. Maybe, there's a direct effect on the organs producing the 'male' hormone(including the testes)
    How 'game' this pseudo-henny would be?

How would the 'Pseudo-hennys' body react with the increase Estrogen level (aside from changing his feathering)
    Are they still interested in 'female' partners

It would be interesting to do some experiment Sir Lito Z.

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't imagine what would happen to the Testosterone level of the 'pseudo-henny'.
    Does the 'BULKY muscles' of the rooster change to FINER muscles(feminine-type) because of the introduction of un-usual level of estrogen?

Does the 'style of fighting' of the rooster changes from Aggressive to Defensive(passive)?
    Testosterone makes the rooster 'urgy'. Estrogen injection makes them sterile. Maybe, there's a direct effect on the organs producing the 'male' hormone(including the testes)
    How 'game' this pseudo-henny would be?

How would the 'Pseudo-hennys' body react with the increase Estrogen level (aside from changing his feathering)
    Are they still interested in 'female' partners

It would be interesting to do some experiment Sir Lito Z.
    I don't know the science behind it. But it acts more like a steroid. Pumps them up really hardcore.

If you're planning on testing it out you'll see that you get a different reaction from the dosage you give them. When done right...they're like machines. It really changes a bird.

The shot is given for performance not for them to go hennie...on my yard.

Anyway. Good luck with your fowl.
    Last edited by Lino Zuniga; November 14th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the science behind it. But it acts more like a steroid. Pumps them up really hardcore.

If you're planning on testing it out you'll see that you get a different reaction from the dosage you give them. When done right...they're like machines. It really changes a bird.

Thank you Sir Lino.
    I'll try it someday to my regular roosters for the sake of curiosity.
    Maybe, there's also a good effect of female hormone on our rooster

I have an athlete friend that used to be in the 'Female Football Team' of San Diego (pardon me, i forgot the team's name). I heard that some of her team mates, uses male hormones to be stronger, and have more prominent cuts(on the muscles) and bigger (Bulkier) muscles.
    The one uses the Male hormones were more athletic, and tend to develop a more masculine body compared to the one who were not using it. (I know this for a fact.)

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but seems like La Blue is talking about a different thingy and you are talking also about a different thing. What La Blue is talking about to my understanding is turning a regular red rooster into a Hennie by giving a shot of the female hormone Estrogen, while you are talking about a performance enhancer which is the male hormone Testosterone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FILAMEX View Post
    I could be wrong but seems like La Blue is talking about a different thingy and you are talking also about a different thing. What La Blue is talking about to my understanding is turning a regular red rooster into a Hennie by giving a shot of the female hormone Estrogen, while you are talking about a performance enhancer which is the male hormone Testosterone.
    No you're wrong. We're talking about the same hormone shot. It has more than estrogen. Look into it.

I have screwed that man over enough. I'm sure that was a secret of his. You want all the facts ask Dr. Phil himself. LaBlue might have his contact information.
    Last edited by Lino Zuniga; November 14th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

No you're wrong. We're talking about the same hormone shot. It has more than estrogen. Look into it.

I have screwed that man over enough. I'm sure that was a secret of his. You want all the facts ask Dr. Phil himself. LaBlue might have his contact information.
    I dont know who Dr. Phil is and dont have any clue on that medication you guys are using but sounds like its a wonder drug. As LaBlue said, that guy "Dr. Phil" is using it to have some Hennie colored roosters that can fight too, while you are using it as a performance enhancer. So I have a couple questions for you if you dont mind. Is their any truth to what LaBlue said that, that Dr. Phil have been making Henny roosters after the moult by using that hormone? And do you think that he is also using that same hormone as a performance enhancer like you do/did?
    Thanks