Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearny Whitehackle

Post Thanks / Like

Kearny Whitehackle

KEARNY WHITEHACKLE
    by tres_mentiras

HISTORY OF THE STRAIN

The Kearny Whitehackle was said to be one of the oldest bloodlines that is an ancestor of today's bloodlines. This bloodline was developed by Floyd Gurley who bred them for over 50 years.

When Floyd Gurley started his breeding, his produce is not so uniform, as there would come out yellow-legged and green legged ones. The green-legged was due to the Kearny Brownred bloodline which was crossed with the Kearny Whitehackle. What he did is to make a family of the Green Legged Kearny Whitehackles (Chesapeak) and the Yellow Legged Kearny Whitehackles. The last strain that Floyd Gurley developed was the Spangled Kearny Whitehackles.

Another breeder who has developed this bloodline is Steve Sturm, but how he developed his Kearny Whitehackle is a different story.

PHYSICAL FEATURES and FIGHTING STYLE

The Kearny Whitehackle is 100% straight comb. They come in Yellow-Legged, Green-Legged (Chesapeak) and Spangled.

It is a complete tactical fighter and a ring general which is suited for the long knife slasher type of cockfighting. Among the many positive traits, it also has an accurate timing which gives blows deliberately with gameness cannot be questioned.

The Kearny Whitehackle had proven its name in the old times, and due to meticulous and intelligent breeding, the bloodline is still winning at present.

What the Kearny Whitehackle's advantage, compared to the bloodlines of today like: Kelso, Hatch, Roundhead, Sweaters, Clarets, etc., is CONSISTENCY!!!

Floyd Gurley has carefully bred this Kearny Whitehackle straight, creating a family producing similiar looking fowls with identical fighting styles.

CREDENTIALS and STORIES ON THE ROAD

Jesse Horta, an exemplary breeder, said that in order to win in today's competition, you should have fowls that could beat the Sweaters. The Sweaters are winning in almost all the cockpits in the Philippines. Almost all cockers have the Sweaters.

What Jesse Horta did, was to make his Sweater Killers, which he called the White-Legged Sweater, which is a cross of Kearny Whitehackle x Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead.

Kearny Whitehackles are best to cross with the Cowan Roundhead at 3/4 Kearny Whitehackle x 1/4 Cowan Roundhead.

Another breeder of the Kearny Whitehackle is Curt Langston, who is fortunate enough to acquire original materials from the breeding pens of Floyd Gurley himself, before the old man retired on his much loved sports. (Today, Floyd Gurley is staying in a veteran hospital with no more chickens.) Curt Langston met Floyd Gurley in the 90's. They became friends instantly and exchanged thoughts on how to breed the Kearny Whitehackle.

What Curt Langston does, is to cross his Kearny Whitehackle with the Orientals. This creates a good cross, which enabled Curt to win 13 straight fights in long knife years ago, and to win a 4-cock derby recently. This is the reason, why the Kearny Whitehackle is good to cross with the Roundheads--because Roundheads have Oriental blood in them.

Among others, and in the Philippines, RED GAMEFARM which is owned by Edwin Aranez and Raffy Campos has been successful with the Kearny Whitehackle which they got from Steve Sturm. They were blessed to get the Kearny Whitehackle, before Steve Sturm passed away.

In addition, RED GAMEFARM, is known for the DINK FAIR SWEATERS. It is said that getting stocks from RED GAMEFARM, is as good as getting stocks from DINK FAIR. However, the DINK FAIR Sweaters are not bred for the long-knife slasher fighting. Thus, RED GAMEFARM, blended the Kearny Whitehackles with their Dink Fair Sweaters.

EUREKA!!! The results were dramatic. Out of 9 cocks that were pitted, RED GAMEFARM, had 10 wins. One cock was pitted twice and won. An excellent perfect 110% for the RED GAMEFARM using the Kearny Whitehackle.

CARSON FARM's NEWLY ACQUIRED BLOODLINE

Carson Farm is proud of the newly acquired stocks of KEARNY WHITEHACKLE which were imported from the United States of America. It came from a known breeder which strain can be traced from the original stocks of FLOYD GURLEY.

The Kearny Whitehackles are now being carefully bred by CARSON FARM.

They are set as PURE, and are crossed with the Sweaters and Roundheads.

For more information, please visit www.carsonfarm.com.

sources:

1) ******** MAGAZINE, Issue #1, pp. 18-23, 2006
    2) Cockfights Magazine
    3) Sabong.net.ph. Forum

KEARNY WHITEHACKLE now in CARSON FARM

Post Thanks / Like

Carson Farm's KEARNY WHITEHACKLE

Post Thanks / Like

Spangled KEARNY WHITEHACKLE of CARSON FARM

Post Thanks / Like

Spangled KEARNY WHITEHACKLE of CARSON FARM

Post Thanks / Like

Kearny Whitehackle Pullet

For more information please visit www.carsonfarm.com

[BCARSON FARM has set the newly acquired KEARNY WHITEHACKLES in pens of straight KEARNY WHITEHACKLES, Bruce Barnett DOUBLE RIGHT SWEATERS, Bruce Barnett LORN SWEATERS[/B] and with Carl Davis and Hugh Norman ROUNDHEADS

January-February Born Trios will be available soon.

Post Thanks / Like

kearny whitehackle

wt avalon

ang gaganda naman nyan mang noel
    pareserve na ako ng mga offspring hehehe.
    magandang gabi sa yo.

Post Thanks / Like

kearney

My original pair of Kearney direct from floyd gurley..Floyd bought his kearneys from Mike Kearney, "the originator of Kearney Whitehackle"
    Last edited by Sotangbastos; March 13th, 2007 at 02:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

white hackle

gaganda naman ng mga whitehackle nyo... kailan kaya ako magkakaganyan.. he he he...

Post Thanks / Like
    nice info...........

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a kearney whitehackle...and maybe didn't plan to acquire it. Whitehackle is an old line....and like any old line then this will fight an old style of fighting. I mean, whitehackle is slow. That's why they're crossed and blended to fast fowls in the past by old time breeders...like Brownreds to produced green legged Hatches and also crossed to Boston Roundheads to make the Albany's. It was said that original Hatches was a blend of Kearney WhiteHackle x Irish Brownred, and original Albany's was a blend of Kearney WhiteHackle x Boston Roundhead.

In conclusion, Hatches and Albany's got their gameness, power and good body muscle conformations from Kearney Whitehackles. But we also know the fact that these fowls are also slow, low flyer and single stroker. So Whitehackles blood should only be bred by professional breeders who has the patience and time to improve the line again.

Of course, I am not saying that Kearney Whitehackle is no good but I don't like to go back to square one coz this was the line where the original old lines of the past came from and lots of breeders have consume many yrs of breeding and selection process just to get for where we are now....of having fast, high breaking, smart, cool headed, multiple shuffling, accurate cutting fowls that are game to death very suitable for slasher pit on which most of the fights lasts only (most of the time) in seconds and not hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Like wine, Kearny Whitehackle gets better and better as time goes by....

Before Curt Langston obtained the KEARNY WHITEHACKLE of Floyd Gurley, he had the chickens of most cockers have: KELSO, HATCH, GREYS, etc.

But he discarded these lines, because these bloodlines are INCONSISTENT, due to the eclectic concoction of bloodlines that created these strains. Some are good, and some are so..so....

KEARNY WHITEHACKLES are making their names in the derbies especially when crossed with the COWAN ROUNDHEADS.

The KEARNY WHITEHACKLES are winning not only in the past, but also in today's competition. They just get better and better as the years go by.... Of course, credit is due to the breeder who painstakingly developed the Kearny Whitehackles of today....FLOYD GURLEY.

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras

CARSON FARM is now developing the KEARNY WHITEHACKLES by infusing them with BRUCE BARNETT DOUBLE RIGHT SWEATERS.

Here is a picture of BRUCE BARNETT DOUBLE RIGHT SWEATER of WT AVALON

Post Thanks / Like

Whitehackle

GEMINI,SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED ONE TO SEE WHAT THERE REALLY LIKE.MINE ARENT SLOW OR LOW FLYERS OR SINGLE STROKERS THEY ARE GREAT CUTTERS AND WILL SHUFFLE LIKE CRAZY..MINE CAME FROM WILL(ROUNDHEAD)ALLEN.THE MAN I GOT MINE FROM GOT THEM FROM WILLS SON.HES HAD THEM FOR OVER 30 YEARS...www.daredevilgamefarm.com THEY COME WHITE AND YELLOW LEGGED.MOST COME STRAIGHT COMB BUT,I DO GET PEACOMB EVERY NOW AND THEN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kearny Whitehackle

daredevil... what a beautifull stag... keek crowing...

Yfis...
    www.carsonfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

daredevil, I am sure your WhiteHackle is not already pure as it is. Whitehackle only came as straightcombs and white legs. If it came from Will Allen...then it already has a blood of a Roundheads, so it fights like a roundheads.

If your WhiteHackle is already fast and multiple shuffler then it could be suitable already for slasher fights, but unless these whitehackles didn't make a mark in World Slasher Cups and in big time derbies...then I would not trust it. Coz statistics speaks louder than words.

Post Thanks / Like

We are in the process of breeding the Kearney Whitehackle pure and cross
    them with our other bloodlines, especially BB Sweaters, double-right, LORN,
    Roundhead, (Carl Davis, Hugh Norman) Radio(Slick Lizard) Kelso (Dink Fair,BB)
    and try thier produce in the coming Stag Derby on 2007... cheers...

Yfis...
    www.carsonfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Goodluuck Kuya Noel

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Kearny Whitehackle

Carson Farm.. goodluck in your breeding! We are looking forward on your stag next year's Stag Derbies!!!

Cheers,
    Yfis

Post Thanks / Like

Gemini,There Are Articals Talking About Whitehackles Coming Peacomb And Yellow Legged.there Is One In The Aug/sept 2005 Game Cock Magazine On Page 49.talking About The Allen Roundheads And The Boston Roundhead Used To Make The Allens Came From Ireland Without An Id.they Believe To Be A Irish Whitehackle.which Came From Dr.fred Saunders. The English Breed The Peacomb Out Of The Whitehackle.but,the Irish Didnt Care So, They Breed To Both Sides.so, Thats Just What Ive Heard I Know Nothings Pure Pure Anymore..all I Know Is That There Awesome Chickens..gemini Ill Send You One To Try You Pay Shipping...thanks Daredevil

tatodupaya

Wink Re: Kearny Whitehackle

Hey send me one too, daredevil. I'll pay shipping cost.

Post Thanks / Like

HAS... falconbirds...

Thanks you for your support... and I will keep you posted about our
    Kearney Whitehackle breeding... cheers...

Yfis...
    www.carsonfarm.com

Brokewing

Contrary to what was said about Jessie Horta's White Legged Sweaters, Jessie Horta never said they were a cross between Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead and Kearny Whitehackle. What Jessie did say about his White Legged Sweaters is this: "Frank Steele let me have them back in the fifty's. Frank was the last guy to feed for Mr. Kelso." His remarks can be verified in the G&S October 2005 issue, page 12.

Jessie Horta has had the White Legged Sweater some 40 years before Jr. Belt owned his first Cowan Roundhead. Let's get the facts right if we are going to share historical or useful information to our friends in sport.

ricko

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse Horta' White Legged Sweaters

The latest issue of COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE of Mr. Wilvin Sy which featured the ROUNDHEADS of Allen Hinds and George Woods, discussed in one Article about "Horta's Man in Cebu" or something to that effect.

In that article, it featured how the man got his HORTA fowls.

In addition, JESSE HORTA was quoted in saying "To win in the derbies, you have to have those Sweater Killers, because almost all have the Sweaters." Then JESSE HORTA's White Legged Sweaters was then said to be the man's Sweater Killers which is a combination of Kearny Whitehackle and Cowan Roundhead.

Well, I guess, it is pretty assuming.

But JESSE HORTA is one of the few blessed people who have acquired JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEADS. Hence, I assumed JESSE HORTA uses those which he got from JUNIOR BELT.

Besides, a smart breeder breeds for the improvement of his fowl and will add another blood if necessary--and may call it whatever he wants.

I just find it logical that: the White Legged Sweater was a combination of Kearny Whitehackle x Cowan Roundhead, and JESSE HORTA has Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead. Therefore, it is "POSSIBLE" that he is using Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead considering the fact that he has it in his yard.

A smart breeder does not get a bloodline that will not improve his fowls. JESSE HORTA has JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEAD. The answer to the question will be answered by a question. And that is "Is Jesse Horta a Smart Breeder? In my opinion, he is.

It may not be expressly indicated in the magazine but what I was tought is that, "a good reader should never be confined in the four corners of the book".

Of course, I may be wrong. That's the purpose of the forum--"To get straight facts."

God bless. Peace.

Bottom line is KEARNY WHITEHACKLE rules!!!

-Tres Mentiras

24. Thanks Raisincity thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Kearny Whitehackle

Nice giving out of opinion.. i'm learning something with your conversation!!!

Cheers,
    Yfis

26. Thanks Raisincity thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

wt avalon, some birds are just nice looking but yours are beautiful and look very solid. my backyard would look better if i can have their offspring in my breeding pen. these whitehackle look perfect for use as foundation brood fowls. they look like models ready for the ultimate fighting championship.simply awesome!!! no doubt, i'll start daydreaming about them. thanks for sharing the pictures k noel

Post Thanks / Like

I Need Your Help Guys Please
    Is Kearney Whitehackle Same As North Briton Whitehackle
    When It Comes To Their Fighting Ability Can Someone
    Diffrentiate The 2

Thanks
    Farm

edmundo

the north britons are from england while the kearneys are from ireland. maybe in the distant pat they may have been related. i really wouldnt know. my great grandparents werent born then yet. i saw a north briton from john sears in peter uy's farm once and we fought it in then mandaluyong coliseum during the early years of the lgba. it won in one fly, breaking the neck of the opponent. they hit in that area since these north britons (similar to the morgans, gleezens, gilkersons, etc) whitehackles are inch and a quarter chickens. i also have seen steve sturms kearneys which traces back to dave ward (most probably back to sandy hatch himself), and they are body punchers. steve and jr belt fought in the short knife and in the spur or gaff. they hit deliberately into the opponent and with power. these arejust individual experiences and may not really represent the fighting ability of the bloodline as a whole or in general. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

sir.
    thanks for the info...i got these bird still with markings
    from john sears in one of our guys who imports fowls
    from the u.s.
    what do you think is the best to cross with these n.b.whitehackle
    i will try to cross these breeding season...
    thanks for the info sir edmundo

thanks again sir
    farm

Brokewing

Re: Jesse Horta' White Legged Sweaters

Quote Originally Posted by tres_mentiras
    The latest issue of COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE of Mr. Wilvin Sy which featured the ROUNDHEADS of Allen Hinds and George Woods, discussed in one Article about "Horta's Man in Cebu" or something to that effect.

In that article, it featured how the man got his HORTA fowls.

In addition, JESSE HORTA was quoted in saying "To win in the derbies, you have to have those Sweater Killers, because almost all have the Sweaters." Then JESSE HORTA's White Legged Sweaters was then said to be the man's Sweater Killers which is a combination of Kearny Whitehackle and Cowan Roundhead.

Well, I guess, it is pretty assuming.

But JESSE HORTA is one of the few blessed people who have acquired JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEADS. Hence, I assumed JESSE HORTA uses those which he got from JUNIOR BELT.

Besides, a smart breeder breeds for the improvement of his fowl and will add another blood if necessary--and may call it whatever he wants.

I just find it logical that: the White Legged Sweater was a combination of Kearny Whitehackle x Cowan Roundhead, and JESSE HORTA has Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead. Therefore, it is "POSSIBLE" that he is using Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead considering the fact that he has it in his yard.

A smart breeder does not get a bloodline that will not improve his fowls. JESSE HORTA has JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEAD. The answer to the question will be answered by a question. And that is "Is Jesse Horta a Smart Breeder? In my opinion, he is.

It may not be expressly indicated in the magazine but what I was tought is that, "a good reader should never be confined in the four corners of the book".

Of course, I may be wrong. That's the purpose of the forum--"To get straight facts."

God bless. Peace.

Bottom line is KEARNY WHITEHACKLE rules!!!

-Tres Mentiras
    Tre Mentiras, which translates to 3 Lies.

You make assumptions that are not based on facts. One, you say from a third or fourth party, Jessie Horta is quoted as saying his White Legged Sweaters are a combination of Cowan Roundhead and Kearney Whitehackle. If Mr. Horta did not say this himself that it's not a direct quote. I have already provided information from G&S when he was interviewed by Joe Mac Skinner the source of his White Legged Sweaters. Two, when Jr. Belt's friend, Steve Strum, was alive he said the crosses that nicked for the Jr. Belt entry, Tulsa, were Madigan Claret/Cowan Roundhead and Cowan Roundhead/Kearney Whitehackle. The general public cound not tell them a part. This is not an assumption just the facts. Just deal with the facts.

SSDNOFEAR

Re: Jesse Horta' White Legged Sweaters

Well As Far As There Being No Pea Comb Whitehackles That Is Not True Oconnor Had A Line Of Whitehackles That Were Called Duryeau Whitehackles And They Dominated The East Coast With These Fowl Winning Mains All Over. They Were Pea Comb Fowl. My Whitehackles Are A Blend Of 4 Whitehackle Bloods And The Foundation Line That I Was Lucky Enough To Acquire More Than 20 Years Ago Was Duryeau Whitehackle 100% Pea Comb Pearl Legged And Yellow Legged. I Also Infused Murphy Whitehackle, Lowman And Kearney And Bred For The Pea Comb Side. My Whitehackles Are Far From Single Stroking Slow Fowl. They Are Stronger Than Most Hatch Families And Can Shake With The Best Of Them. We Have Done Well With Them Pure In The Spur, S/k And L/k. They Do Really Really Well In The L/k Crossed To Hatch Or Griffin Claret. We Have Done Very Well With Them In The Past 20 Years And I Do Have A Straight Comb Pop Up Every Now And Then But It Is Just My Personal Preferance To Breed To The Pea Comb Side. There Is No Differance In The Way They Perform Pea Headed Or Straight Comb. To Be Perfectly Honest We Must All Stand Back And Really Take A Look In The Mirror. 60 Years Ago There Was No Such Thing As A "johnnie Jumper Kelso" There Was No Such Thing As A "blackwater Sweater" Or A "dink Fair Sweater"

These Men Bred What They Found As Exceptional Traits In Their Fowl And Have Set A Family Of Winners In The Major Competition. Just Because Something May Not Appear To The Norm Does Not Mean It Is Not Worthy. Look Into The Back Ground Of The "claret" Blood Line And You Will Find Stories That Oconnor Also Had A Hand In Making These Fowl Up Also And They Are Merely A Whitehackle In The Making................... Just Thought I Would Share My Thoughts On This Since I Am A Whitehackle Man Myself. Good Luck To Everyone This Season.................I am going to try and attach a pic of a Griffin Claret SSD Whitehackle cross stag here

Y.f.i.s.
    Ssd (rob)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SSDNOFEAR; November 19th, 2006 at 03:42 AM.