Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Troiano hatches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenny Troiano hatches

I understand what ppl think but is it really enough for a lot of ppl are saying and who is to say that he doesn't have someone show for him and he just gets all his info to keep breeding I mean we no he has to have been around fowl anf fighting but some ppl just like the breeding side of the sport but. What I'm sayin when y got a farm that sells 1500 to 2500 is all those chickens went through and selected no there bred and put in cages to sell yea 20 yrs ago they were tough and ill bet u they didn't have a 25 percent as they do now. Id rqather have someone that bred and to time to select fowl. I just hate that ppl are so hard on him when he isn't even in the books advertiseing and stuff he sells a select few. But canyon gamefarm sells his fowl so someonne likes them cuz ppl have them but like u say to each his own

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what your saying and i dont know the manor his birds they may be world beaters but hes had them long enuff to fight at leagle pits or have someone do it and if he didnt theres no telling how good they are all he knows is there bred for standard in a show. To me i dont care i dont like hatch fowl anyways ill stick with the monkey blood lol. He's a writer and he likes breeding and thats cool and i know he doesnt try and sell so it doesnt matter. My only opinion on the thing is in my opinion is its a waste to breed gamefowl for 20 years to not know how good they really are but thats just if i was raising them as long as he enjoys what he does and is happy more power to him. He has differant goals than what others have in this sport and its done by dog breeders all the time. Some are for show and some are for workin and they both have there own ways but someone breeding for workin should jever breed like the one that is breeding for show. It will he a trainwreck in the long run but ill stl read his aticles every month for something to do.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you and idk all aout his fowl but for people to get on her and bash him is crazy he isn't in the book he isn't selling a bunch of culls that he says is go and not people no he doesn't show fowl but people alson don't no that someone else doesn't show them for him or whatever in that but u can bet they are well bred and selected ibut does a rooster that wins a couple times in a big derby make a great brook cock or is he just a great rooster because we all no a lot of ppl breed by that standard a lot idk I am not trying to get on here and argue I just hate for ppl to smash him that have no clue just because he didn't win a big derby at a pit or he don't brag that he won 20 derbys in a yr when in all honesty how do we no that most ppl did and not just there name

Post Thanks / Like

you speakin of winnin big derbys on reg basis i may be different but if i was winnin big derbys consistently there is no way in hell that i would advertise and sell my stock i am to prideful to let it out not to say that his aint good just difference in him and i, i feel that the big winners dont sell much and dont advertise alot cause they dont need to the fowl does the advertisin for them if they did want to sell, but like i said if they makin money in the pit why sell em for 2500 and take chance on meetin them down the road? but i will say this he has some beautiful roosters man those hatch cocks are sharp!!! if they could fight as good as they look they worth 2500

Post Thanks / Like

Rite but everyone dogs him like he is trying to sell a buncfh of fowl I could see everyones point if he was trying to sell a bunch of fowl and him not have showed a bunch of roosterrs but look at the gamecock book from years before almost every add tell what derbys and how many they won lol is that really what ur getting when u buy from them not at all but people by the name and what I mean by the big derbys is u win 1 or 2 big derbys that gets ur name out and that don't make u any better then them but as for not testing how bout some of the big breeders or sellers that hasn't showed a rooster in 15 yrs and raise a lot and sell them are they really btr then someone like kenny who spends the time to select them then someone that is just selling his name now sure the ppl who buy may teswt them but idk just after my experience with bill morris and his farm and advertiseing just makes me look at things a lil bit diff but I think were all rite in our own thinking

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i get what you sayin about him and who knows if he aint still testin his fowl it aint like we can print the derby wins in the gamecock or grit and steel anymore! i stop and look at the roosters in the gamecock every month they are good bred cocks as far as looks! i have his book on breedin very interestin book but i still dont use his methods of breedin not exactly like him anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3B gamefarm View Post
    I agree with you and idk all aout his fowl but for people to get on her and bash him is crazy he isn't in the book he isn't selling a bunch of culls that he says is go and not people no he doesn't show fowl but people alson don't no that someone else doesn't show them for him or whatever in that but u can bet they are well bred and selected ibut does a rooster that wins a couple times in a big derby make a great brook cock or is he just a great rooster because we all no a lot of ppl breed by that standard a lot idk I am not trying to get on here and argue I just hate for ppl to smash him that have no clue just because he didn't win a big derby at a pit or he don't brag that he won 20 derbys in a yr when in all honesty how do we no that most ppl did and not just there name
    I'm not bashing him because of here say. I've talked to the man. I could of said I thought he was a bit arrogant and that he said something not to nice to me in reguard to my experience. I never argued with him about that. I'm a third gen. cocker so I've seen a few things. He came across as a no it all and the stags he had for sale looked like culls not stags a guy should be selling. I thought, what the heck, maybe he know something I don't. So I bought one. I just don't want anyone else to have this happen to them. He may not be a chicken peddler, but he does peddle his books. His books aren't saying anything that hasn't been said before. In my opinion he breeds for the LOOKS. Not for FUNCTION. And that fine. Just make it clear. He sort of rides the line to be appealing to both sides. Thats not right. Just be up front. Thats all I'm saying.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya brother. I'd just hate to spend that $ on something that just looks pretty.. The car lot is full of cars that look good but that don't mean they run well...

Post Thanks / Like

yep! i try to breed my pitcocks to look descent not good lookin cocks tryin to make pitcocks out of em!

Post Thanks / Like

I admire Kenny's knowledge about gamefowl breeding and his love for the sport is unquestionable.Regarding his hatch, I acquired a pair last 09 and in my humble opinion, these birds are bred only for poultry shows. Station and conformation wise theyre perfect, but doesn't have the quickness and athletic ability.I read his column in "THE GAMEFOWL" and I also got his book prior to. My understanding is his birds can be shown for all kind of shows.He doesn't practice what he preached about selection and culling. Don't waste your money!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Personaly i dont care nothing about him or his fowl
    And what i have to say isnt intended to be directed directly at him but he is the example here. He is walking that fine line talking about gamefowl breeding and how to produce the best fowl but the thing is somewhere it needed to be disclaimed for poultry standards shows only not let things be implied that it works for pit gamefowl. Cause its always seemed to me that he lets people go on and believe his technics are for producing top notch pit fowl which isnt quiet what he's doing. Now i realize that it is illeagle now but until 07 it was and he has been writing for a long time. I just feel he has kind of mislead people over the years and he's not the only one. Now if u want to know how to raise the prettiest fowl he can help u with that. I realize he doesnt sell fowl for the most part and i think thats for a few reasons biggest one is if he did and they were duds in the pits then people wouldnt buy his books or read his articles and that is what he is really peddling. So it just depends on how u look at the whole situation but to me it dont really matter i wont buy the books or the birds i just dont think he should he misleading people into thinking he is breeding the ultimate fowl and marketing hia book to cockfighters, it is more suited for the 4H club.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read his books... But I did skim through one that he had sent his illustrator, what I saw could help the rank beginner... I've heard of them newbies feeding nothing but Cherrios, just because they didn't know any better... I wouldn't mind having the books just to have... Biboys book is probably more for the average cocker & i'd definitely like to have it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have never bought any of his books os fowl i have talked to the guy a few times he seems like a very nice guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a little unfair to judge him for not advertising that he's pitted or hasn't pitted birds before., maybe he just has them for show, its not his fault what people do with them and don't get the results they are looking for. As far as quality, i wouldn't know, but if you buy eggs or birds you take a chance, i've personally ordered from well known breeders and the quality isn't what I was expecting and I end up getting rid of it. Times aren't like they used to be, you can't be advertising that you fight or you can't be telling people about your history, you never know who your talking to, as it will be used against you if it comes to going to court. Also, people don't understand how difficult it is here in California, especially the populated areas where there's alot more voters then the valley areas. If **** wanted they could easily go after, Sanford, Bluefox etc., since there's so much evidence they could use against them, but they live in areas where the population is minimal, it's not worth their time since they are going after Voters., that why breeders lik Kenny and others in the populated areas have to be EXTRA EXTRA careful., anything people say here can be used against him, unfair don't you think. He sells what he has, Good or Bad., not everyone's standards are the same., I see a peddler as someone who tells you one thing and you get another, had he said they're the best birds out there, etc that would be different, but he says they're for show, then they're for show., All I can say is buyer beware, and this goes with any farm out there !
    Last edited by hatch100; October 3rd, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol i live in california so i understand but i think u can judge someones fowl that havent been shown in 20 years. Its the same as a hunting dog line that hasnt hunted in 20 years and just bred to standard u dont buy them to hunt there just pets doesnt mean he's a bad guy or anything. He likes breeding chickens and he breeds for standard and thats great just dont sell them for $1000 under the unsumption that they are pit fowl. We all know how the dance goes when talking about these things but bottom line is gamefowl need to be tested regularly and see if they are competative.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yea ur rite they do need tested so tell me how the big breeders that haven't shown a rooster in 20 yrs have done it but people no he hasn't or don't show his fowl and has said he hasn't so y are people bashing him for not doing it he isn't lying to people to sell his fowl and only sells a few so if people buy his chickens thenif they don't turn out it ain't his fault if u show in something. And it don't work

Post Thanks / Like

Look im not gonna argue this point any more he may not sell chickens but he sells books and if he has never fought chickens he dont know sh!t about breeding them to fight. He breeds to a standard and thats fine because thats what he enjoys. As far as the big breeders i could care less ive never been dumb enough to buy from any of them. I have bought a few birds in my life but always someone that was tuff as nails at the pit and i usually know them so the sold me What they said they did other than that the rest have been gifted guess i was just lucky in my life. Personaly i think that 90% of the people who advertise and are big breeder are just peddlers. The good ones everyone knows who they are and some just sell now and live on there reputation but some still show. When them big breeders birds fall apart everyone knows because everyone whille start complaining they are junk. The problem is your taking this personal and i could care if its him or anyone else it doesnt make a differance who it is to me. Would u listen how to breed a coon dog from someone who just showed them if u wanted to hunt? Nope u wouldnt and thats all he is his knowledge doesnt pertain to raising birds to fight but he advertises it to people that do that. Like i said im not going to sit her and go back and forth cause it didnt really have to do with this man just people like in general.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

wewel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi sir kenny!
    just want to inform you that the pair i got from you last 2004 won 3x in lk.now he is in the broodyard with a broken right leg.excelent vertical cutters!thanks sir
    __________________________________________________ ________
    From; cutfreak---Sharing a video I saved long time ago and I believe this is a troiano givens hatch. I also found this 2008 post from "wewel" describing his Troiano hatch to be verticals. Watch the video...they seem to be vertical. This might just help, don't own his hatches but I like verticals, definitely needs to be crossed but I would not complain on this pure individual if you are after the style. Was sparred also in a concrete pavement w/c hinders balance...station a bit too high for me also should'nt be a problem since has to be crossed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQclA90s4c"]Givens vs Low Sta. Sweater - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

This is hopeless Butch93. Buy every book and bird you can get from the man he is a legend around here. you cant go wrong with his fowl or advice!!!!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol ya ok, im from north of Bakersfeild and if u feel he is a ledgend great. He can keep his hatch i dont need his when i have jeff pierce hatch one of jeffs friends walks jeffs hatch on my place and i can pick whatever i want out and jerry hamlin is a good friend of mine and most of my fowl came from him or rick(jeffs buddy) and all ricks fowl came from jeff or benny bidwell. Jerry and i are doing just fine with what we have and dont need his books. Besides them two men i had the pleasure of knowing benny bidwell and meeting stan wordell a few times and both of them men told me more info than i could ever get out of them books both of them were ledgands and theres many more i wont list. If your happy with what info u got from him and or fowl great good luck to ya i just think the cockers i had the pleasure of growing up around are in a whole differant class. Now that Jerry is over his health issues and im getting recovered from my fire maybe we can get things straight so we can start traveling to the PI and start proving it. Not saying gonna take the world by storm but will be tuff as nails i can promise that. Nothing personal i just think threads like this are nothing but advertisment to pump peoples shorts full of B.S. Wish u well
    Yfis
    Mark
    Last edited by Butch93; October 5th, 2011 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Lol ya ok, im from north of Bakersfeild and if u feel he is a ledgend great. He can keep his hatch i dont need his when i have jeff pierce hatch one of jeffs friends walks jeffs hatch on my place and i can pick whatever i want out and jerry hamlin is a good friend of mine and most of my fowl came from him or rick(jeffs buddy) and all ricks fowl came from jeff or benny bidwell. Jerry and i are doing just fine with what we have and dont need his books. Besides them two men i had the pleasure of knowing benny bidwell and meeting stan wordell a few times and both of them men told me more info than i could ever get out of them books both of them were ledgands and theres many more i wont list. If your happy with what info u got from him and or fowl great good luck to ya i just think the cockers i had the pleasure of growing up around are in a whole differant class. Now that Jerry is over his health issues maybe we can get things straight so we can start traveling to the PI and start proving it. Not saying gonna take the world by storm but will be tuff as nails i can promise that. Nothing personal i just think threads like this are nothing but advertisment to pump peoples shorts full of B.S. Wish u well
    Yfis
    Mark

i was being sarcastic, i am the one who has said time and time again that i dont believe him to be a cocker.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol sorry ive been beat up a few times on here and should have went back threw and checked lol like i said these threads about so and so's fowl etc are just seem like advertisments to me. Just makes me laugh these guys start breeding chickens and nest thing u know they have world beaters that never been proven or in this case advertising methods and books but theres many of them out there. I just wish there were still some leagle states so that they could be punlicly exposed. Outlawing it the way they have makes it harder to expose phoneys.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Butch, i guess they will have to learn the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

I was 1 of those people who was hard on his fowl when ex partner jun ordered 2 dozen eggs 1 of the red col givens and 1 of spangles I rasied 16 6 stags spangle and 4 red stags now I can say I have paided 1200 bucks a trio and haven't got as nice looking stags And as fast fowl as those stags I keep 1 spangle my partner also went 3 and 1 with the spangles and 2 1 and 1 with the reds

Post Thanks / Like

Thats part of what im getting at big bucks doesnt equal great fowl. Some people just advertise better than others and personaly wouldnt buy from a big breeder cause your just paying for the name. The best fowl that i ever got i ever paid a dime for. There is a big market out there and unfortunatly theres people that take advantage of this. They market there fowl and sell some B.S. There is alot of great hatch fowl out there and ive got to see a few but not close to every one. There is a big differance in good fowl and great fowl and until u own them u will never know. Id say stan wordell hatch, jeff peirce hatch and the liepers of gillium/ratliff were some great ones that i personal have seen and most other hatches dont stack up even if someone advertises there name attached just like the ones that put jr. Belt on there cowans. Few have the real ones but many advertise. Just know what your getting. Wins are great also but theres a differance in someone winning in stiff competition or against beginers, so just make sure there not skewing the facts.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

trojano hatch

Can anyone tell me the good and bad about the
    dark ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: trojano hatch

I don't know anything about his chickens, but I know he likes to write a lot! Every month I get to read how to inbreed, outbreed, linebreed, crossbreed, flock mate, single mate....etc till my head feels like exploding

In all seriousness though, I'd hope he has decent chickens with all that knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

HAha,He sure can write .\Always liked his dark lookin hatch was thinking about getting some just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge on them

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on here or google it. There's plenty of stuff written here on him

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh he does write alot.he seems pretty smart.I hope his birds are as good as they look.from my understanding all his hatch chickens.are the same.they can come dark light and sometimes spangled.