Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3339

Thread: Cowan Roundhead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cowan Roundhead

Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    really now were testing cutting ability by cage fights! This is funny an I understand they happen but thats a rookie mistake. a sign of inexspeariance or laziness. M.O maybe you should start a thread on "testing cage fighting cutting ability"
    am i missing something here, or you can't read? who in their right mind would test their birds by cage fights? it was an accident... pen got knocked over by strong wind, rooster got out, and messed himself up badly... since it already happened, a person has a choice to save him or not... my criteria to try to save such roosters would be if their spurs were knocked off, or shanks by the spur-and-prop-toe area, or the prop toes themselves were damaged badly... if the damage is mostly on the other 3 toes, he's a cull to me... geeeze-o-peeee...

my cousin once had a three time cage fighting winner an with no spurs still won a hack.
    that's right, he has no spurs because he was hiting the wire with his spurs, not the bottom of his feet... can you hear yourself now?
    Last edited by newtogame2; March 8th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newtogame2 View Post
    am i missing something here, or you can't read? who in their right mind would test their birds by cage fights? it was an accident... pen got knocked over by strong wind, rooster got out, and messed himself up badly... since it already happened, a person has a choice to save him or not... my criteria to try to save such roosters would be if their spurs were knocked off, or shanks by the spur-and-prop-toe area, or the prop toes themselves were damaged badly... if the damage is mostly on the other 3 toes, he's a cull to me... geeeze-o-peeee...

that's right, he has no spurs because he was hiting the wire with his spurs, not the bottom of his feet... can you hear yourself now?
    Hey rookie ur name says it all son.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey rookie ur name says it all son.
    so did you read it again, and finally comprehend what you read? that nobody was calling for cage fights to test cutting ability? and that what you said about your firend's cock missing his spurs being a good cock is the same thing i was trying to say? ... not bad for a "rookie" heh?

btw, if the name alone says it all, yours should be "can't-read gamefarm"... also, it's common to misspell when writing, but hell, at least take some time to spell your name correctly... is it supposed to be "success gamefarm" or "suckass gamefarm"?
    Last edited by newtogame2; March 9th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johndi View Post
    my sweater-cowan RH
    fought 5 full brothers 3w 1d & 1l

At first, whenever i saw them during sparring i was not really impressed because of their fighting style that's something different from the birds i prefered. (ie,agresiveness & multiple shuffer). infact, i did not put their broodcock bact to their broodhen for the last two years.

until last friday (march 16 in a 2-cock derby) they prove they are worth breeding because of their perfect timing & good cutting ability which gives me an impresive result of 6W 1L & 1D from this line.

they are just ordinary fighter but fatal whenever they hit.
    Last edited by johndi; March 19th, 2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

5. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With a record of 6W 1D 1L, I wouldn't call your COWANs 'ordinary'. I would say you have true COWAN RH blood, meaning they are damn good.

Too often I see fast multi-shufflers in the ring where the fight lasts for minutes because all you're seeing is a lot of shuffling and wings flapping, BUT NO REAL CUTTING to deliver the FATAL BLOW to end the fight. My definition of a real good CUTTING fowl is one who can end the fight within 30 seconds.

7. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so did you read it again, and finally comprehend what you read? that nobody was calling for cage fights to test cutting ability? and that what you said about your firend's cock missing his spurs being a good cock is the same thing i was trying to say? ... not bad for a "rookie" heh?

btw, if the name alone says it all, yours should be "can't-read gamefarm"... also, it's common to misspell when writing, but hell, at least take some time to spell your name correctly... is it supposed to be "success gamefarm" or "suckass gamefarm"?

You must be one of these internet cockers its obvious you dont know youre head from youre a s s in this sport. I wish you common sense and the will to fix youre cages step ur game up. I remember when i was in 8th grade an had cage fights I hated it. An if my cowans got out they both would be dead im sure they are dead game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPG5 Backyard View Post
    With a record of 6W 1D 1L, I wouldn't call your COWANs 'ordinary'. I would say you have true COWAN RH blood, meaning they are damn good.

Too often I see fast multi-shufflers in the ring where the fight lasts for minutes because all you're seeing is a lot of shuffling and wings flapping, BUT NO REAL CUTTING to deliver the FATAL BLOW to end the fight. My definition of a real good CUTTING fowl is one who can end the fight within 30 seconds.

I agree my last cowan pulled out a draw in 15sec both were dead.

10. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To the once cowan fanatics I know jr belt is glad the Cowan craze has died down no one want be bothering the guy willing to pay thousands for his line that he doesnt want to sell!

12. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now to the hardcore Cowan fans. I love the fact that people think cowans are non game culls. Like a breeder on the board here said about his japs. Same as is with the cowans an most rhs. Are they pit game yes. Do they have that tug of war grity game no. Could you purge them to be super game yes I think so. But the Cowan as jrbelts have been purged to cut, an do it deep. This Rh is obviously full of asil or a touch infused. They are big bone big head birds showing more asil then most Rh lines. One thing Ive notice about this line is as stag there power/ cut . As they age they speed up with more feet an athletic ability. An smarts. I think breeding this line with Albany or sweater an picking smart lines at that, will put any breeder in any h&&l in the poultry show br winner.

14. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I might as well mention it. I cross my Cowans with my Kelso and got a nick. Excellent timing and deadly cutting.
    I also crossed Johnny Moore Albany to Cowan, but it could use a little more speed even though the stag we tested won and is alive and well.
    Last edited by EPG5 Backyard; March 19th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You must be one of these internet cockers its obvious you dont know youre head from youre a s s in this sport. I wish you common sense and the will to fix youre cages step ur game up. I remember when i was in 8th grade an had cage fights I hated it. An if my cowans got out they both would be dead im sure they are dead game.
    common sense will tell you everyone who's been in this game long enough have had their pens knocked over by strong wind now and then... i wish you learn how to spell your own name first (it's either SUCCESS or SUCKASS, no such thing as SUCESS... maybe you should finish 8th grade ), then learn to stop talking and listen to your own words when they are just what the other guy is saying (missing spurs means the cock did not hit with the bottom of his feet, thus he's a good one... duh)... common sense, it's beyond you .
    Last edited by newtogame2; March 19th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

common sense will tell you everyone who's been in this game long enough have had their pens knocked over by strong wind now and then... i wish you learn how to spell your own name first (it's either SUCCESS or SUCKASS, no such thing as SUCESS... maybe you should finish 8th grade ), then learn to stop talking and listen to your own words when they are just what the other guy is saying (missing spurs means the cock did not hit with the bottom of his feet, thus he's a good one... duh)... common sense, it's beyond you .
    This discussion is silly and way off-topic, but here's something to think about. If I were trying to punch you in the face with wire between us, my fist would not connect on the wire the same as it would your face because that wire is in my mid stroke. Just like that cock is in mid stroke trying to connect with the bird on the other side of the wire.....you can't tell anything from a pen fight, nothing..nada..zip

Now get back on topic with Cowan Roundheads or get your posts deleted.
    Last edited by Falkor; March 19th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
    As long as the Almighty permitted intelligent men, created in his image and likeness, to fight in public and kill each other while the world looks on approvingly, its not for me to deprive the chickens of the same privilege.
    Abraham Lincoln

http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/search.php?searchid=31440

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    This discussion is silly and way off-topic, but here's something to think about. If I were trying to punch you in the face with wire between us, my fist would not connect on the wire the same as it would your face because that wire is in my mid stroke. Just like that cock is in mid stroke to connect with the bird on the other side of the wire.....you can't tell anything from a pen fight, nothing..nada..zip
    you are entitled to your own thinking... i am to mine... but here's something for you to think about... why are there cocks that just rip their shanks to the bone, knocking their spurs out... while others just got the bottom of their feet damaged?

and if you try to punch me when there's wire in between us, i'd say your IQ is the same as a rooster's, which may be the reason you failed to notice the question i just asked above...

Post Thanks / Like

you are entitled to your own thinking... i am to mine... but here's something for you to think about... why are there cocks that just rip their shanks to the bone, knocking their spurs out... while others just got the bottom of their feet damaged?

and if you try to punch me when there's wire in between us, i'd say your IQ is the same as a rooster's, which may be the reason you failed to notice the question i just asked above...
    You cannot analyze nor decipher anything from a pen fight, I don't care how you try to twist it or make it sound good.

My explanation was hypothetical and my IQ is in range for MENSA. Discussion is over. Talk about Cowan Roundheads on this thread or open a thread about testing or analyzing birds according to damage incurred from pen fights.
    Last edited by Falkor; March 19th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
    As long as the Almighty permitted intelligent men, created in his image and likeness, to fight in public and kill each other while the world looks on approvingly, its not for me to deprive the chickens of the same privilege.
    Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    You cannot analyze nor decipher anything from a pen fight, I don't care how you try to twist it or make it sound good.

My explanation was hypothetical and my IQ is in range for MENSA. Discussion is over. Talk about Cowan Roundheads on this thread or open a thread about testing or analyzing birds according to damage incurred from pen fights.
    but you did try to compare it to a person punching another person thru wire (well, let's say metal bars to suit humans better)... let's see more of your hypothetical explanation: if you were trying to punch me thru metal bars, and hurt your elbow instead of your knuckles, or if you trying to slam your forearm into my face, and hurt your palm instead of your forearm... then your aim ain't worth chit... thus a cull as far as prize fighters are concerned... just like the cock that aims with his spurs, but ends up hitting the wire with the bottom of his feet instead of his spurs/shanks... what does your MENSA IQ have to say about that?

i've "twisted" all i wanted to make it sounds good (for whatever demented reasons i have...)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not gonna debate this topic. Like I said, either start a thread about your pen fighting analyzations, or talk about cowan roundheads.
    Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

I've had enough experiences with Newtogame2 on other forums to say that its best to leave him alone in his own beliefs at one point we where ready to find each other and duke it out..Needless to say he is no longer a member over there ..BTW when you got banned I started a celebratory thread and we all chimed in and expressed our feelings...lol

Cowan talk and pictures please!!!
    Last edited by YeY197; March 20th, 2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: didnt want to debate with newtolame again, but expect him to try and do so with me..ja ja

Post Thanks / Like

I have a cowan ill be showing next week he is darker then my other cowans i own I have a light side a spangle side and now can produce the dark side Ill take a picture tomorrow and update on the show.

24. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my COWAN broodcock .

This is one of his 1st offspring....a 1/2 Cowan - 1/4 Claret - 1/4 Whitehackle

26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of his 1st offspring....a 1/2 Cowan - 1/4 Claret - 1/4 Whitehackle
    [/quote]

bro do you have a sparring video of this rooster...just wondering how they move...but for sure this one will give you honor in the pit...Goodluck..-BRO MONCAMERINO
    Last edited by EMON; March 20th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting on your Sis to arrive here in Florida in 2 days and she's bringing a video so hopefully she will have one of these guys sparring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EPG5 Backyard View Post
    I'm waiting on your Sis to arrive here in Florida in 2 days and she's bringing a video so hopefully she will have one of these guys sparring.
    Nice to hear that...Goodluck and Godbless u and the family...-bro MON

Post Thanks / Like

man wow cowan wow awesome..nice cowan johndi and epg5

Post Thanks / Like

Have a few straight and battlecross biddies now.Hoping they grow healthy and show excellent skills.Our cowans are smart,can cut,game,medium to med high station and with speed they're about 3 out of 5.cross well with sweaters,kelsos or any light fowl with power.they are also good 3way cross.

32. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

cowan from a friend

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that the brunners and cowans are basically the same? Anybody can give info?

35. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trueedge View Post
    I have read that the brunners and cowans are basically the same? Anybody can give info?
    I heard the BRUNERS are 3 kinds of Roundheads combined.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's the allens and cowans that are close.....but don't quote me on that.
    Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

No one really know, the make up of the bruners, all that can be said is the true breeder of the Bruner was Willis holding of nc, in whic he got the Cowan from tk Bruner when he died. Now Russell Poole told me that they added Allen Roundhead to the Cowan an
    Name them bruners in honor of tk Bruner. But other will say thy have Whitehackle an asil Infusion. I can tell you this the old timer didnt care about keeping bloodline
    Pure they bred what they needed to win. An make gamecocks! Russell Poole told me when Bruner were sharp nothing made through the first buckle.

39. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Brunners the same as the Alabama Roundheads?