Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Or they just wouldn't admit it..what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

what is the definition of 'senyales'?

top_signature

I don't believe in senyales too...di totoo iyan. Sabi ng Lolo ko meron siyang manok noon na Baston raw ang senyales at wala raw talo...yung manok raw ay Lahing Palanan dilaw ang Paa at itim pa ang tahid...super dami ang senyales niya...Wala raw talo hehehe...

Unang Laban nanalo...ayos ang saya niya at wala raw talo...sumunod na laban nabihabit tama sa kili-kili patay! Talo...asan ang senyales doon?

hehehe...di totoo iyan kaya siguro di rin sila naniniwala...

walang manok na walang talo o di matatalo...iyan ang tunay na senyales ng mga manok na panabong...

cheers!

orlando

they are practical,not superstitious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaimukirich
    what is the definition of 'senyales'?
    senyales in english means a sign - a sign for good omen. we filipinos, mostly the old folks, look for that sign in our roosters, i.e. appearance, physical attributes, etc. etc.

there are also bad senyales but it belongs to the superstitious belief category. i guess americans do have superstitious beliefs also. don't know if they believe in senyales, too.

El Espaņol

There is no doubt that you got the señales from the Spanish. They in turn got them fromm the Roman Catholic Church. This is a known fact, not some fantasy of mine. Most Americans are Protestants and the Protestants are not into superstitions as much as the Catholics are. I know this also having been raised in both religions. No worries, señales are fun! Like Cockfighting!
    Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Coz it won't get you to the moon...hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

i dont beleive in senyales also...

mga panahong kopong kopong pa kasi yan,...

dont get me wrong doon sa mga naniniwala sa mga senyales.. saakin kasi ang lahat ng mga karacteristiks ng mga panabong including kaliskis ay hereditary pwde mong padamihin kaya di nmn once in a blue moon lang lumalabas..

like americans ithink being practical ika nga yun ang basehan kung bakit sila ngayon ay may magagandang palahi at magagandang mga manok..

Post Thanks / Like

Senyales just make the old folks, called tahor, braver. They Count The Scales, Kuko Sa Dibdib, Tungo Sa Lilong, Kabig Parada to name a few. hehehe.

Most of them adhere to the Moon Signs, too. Funny, but I SOMETIMES do this, too, especially when doing a travesya. It's fun.

Post Thanks / Like

senyales or not they taste the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Senyales do exist for a fact.........but they CAN NOT DO anything to affect the result of their fight.

Senyales can NOT cuase any harm to the opponent..........

But I use them to name my fighters for easier identification,,,,,,,, at least it works for I don't have that too many roosters..... I only have a lot.

kickcut44

filipinos are superstitious..especially the oldies...the new generation rarely believe in senyales

Post Thanks / Like

they dont seem to care, why should we?

Post Thanks / Like

Americans are performance oriented. It's all about winnings. Looks don't not matter as long as the rooster wins.

tigerwings62

Quote Originally Posted by El Espaņol
    There is no doubt that you got the seņales from the Spanish. They in turn got them fromm the Roman Catholic Church. This is a known fact, not some fantasy of mine. Most Americans are Protestants and the Protestants are not into superstitions as much as the Catholics are. I know this also having been raised in both religions. No worries, seņales are fun! Like Cockfighting!
    Regards,

With due respect to your opinion the Catholic Church does not teach what you are presenting. You might just be misinformed of the treasure of the Cahtolic faith ...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

I don't believe so, that all americans don't believe on senyales. Many probably are more "scientific minded" but still some of them also believe on those things. And probably some of them may also carry lucky charm on their pocket (in secret) when they go to cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Thanks guys.

The reason why I've asked this question is based on the common belief that when it comes to playing the game of chance, one can't help but be superstitious enough, at one time or another.

And no matter how scientific our sports have become over the years it is in our human nature to believe in a little superstition---gambling, being still, the nature of our sports.

So it is therefore safe to say that the Americans, just like their Filipino counterparts, can also be superstitious, whether they admit it or not.

I mean, to say that none of them at all believe in "senyales," is almost like saying that cockfighting involves no gambling at all.

Say, 1 out of 10---at the least, must be an exception to the rule.

El Espaņol

Tigerwings, I was not trying to show any disrespect but what I said is absolutely true. The Catholic Church does not TEACH us these superstitions, yet we keep body parts of Saints on public display in public churches around the world. That is pretty superstituous if you ask me man. By the way, I am Catholic and my eldest son is a member of Opus Dei too. Just have to call them as I see them....and you have to remember that during the Spanish Colonial times if the Spanish could make someone SUPERSTITIOUS of anything it was to their advantage because they were usually outnumbered many thousand to one. No worries man.

Regards,

jundizon

Thumbs up Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

'CAUSE THEY SIMPLY DONT KNOW SENYALES. HEHEHE

Post Thanks / Like

Good fighting chickens normally carry good senyales and you don't need to look for the senyales. Though I partly believe in senyales (you may say it is superstitious) but it can be also scientific if you will deligently study the statistics of winning rooster against the opponent. You will never know what senyales your opponent carries so it is better not to believe in it and just rely on luck, good breeding bloodline and good conditioning.

Post Thanks / Like

coz they dont know how find it, i think coz they dont learned the ancient decade about senyales...senyales help more in advantage...

rigel

i cant believe im replying in this topic.. senyales for me is plain stupidity... y do you think we are logging in here via the internet and reading topics such as this (senyales) what a waste of time

Post Thanks / Like

i have a frost grey stag that has baston scales on both feet and seven scales in his neck.
    he's the best fighter in the bunch but i keep him to brood because of the senyales. this
    fruitcake won't even top a squating pullet. is he gay or just being grey?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rigel
    i cant believe im replying in this topic.. senyales for me is plain stupidity... y do you think we are logging in here via the internet and reading topics such as this (senyales) what a waste of time
    You just wasted your time out of your own "plain STUPIDITY". Hwuah ha ha! You NOT us.
    Last edited by RalSuBirds; November 29th, 2006 at 04:51 AM.

hawaiian

Quote Originally Posted by RalSuBirds
    You just wasted your time out of your own "plain STUPIDITY". Hwuah ha ha! You NOT us.
    I go with winning persentage with care and understanding on what to do and when to do it following such a thing is not going forword . I was once told by an old timer that you can emty your pocket on this one cock and found out the hard way , he lost of course , learned it watched the persentage of this so called art which it is to learn it is very hard but like i said between this and the what to do from day one to fight day i go with knowing what to do and when to do it and believe me persentage is very high on this end and that my friend is what i believe in . when i lose i believe my bird just met a better bird and that's it. We win and lose but it's just being with gamefowl that make's us winner's take that to the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

Kogs,

..with 2 bastons already, your grey fowl must have become too gray..

Post Thanks / Like

mansmith...lol...my friend. i will cock him out and see what this senyales will do. he is
    useless in the pen or maybe just sympathizing with me. bird of the same flock feathers
    together...

simplisity68

maybe its more of action, and blood line
    but for me i use both

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Why the Americans don't believe in senyales?

wala pa kasing texas nuon kaya puro sa senyales nagkakatalo. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

senyales can't block the knive