Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negros Oriental Gamefowl Breeders Association

Post Thanks / Like

Negros Oriental Gamefowl Breeders Association

Cocking Networking

NOGBA, Negros Oriental Gamefowl Breeders Association;
    If you are currently breeding in Negros Oriental city or from that area, leave your name and email address for cocking networking.

Rochel @ Sugargrove, Illinois
    Rochel2004Sibulan@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

NOGBA

bai rochel,

im from tanjay city negros oriental but i am in saudi arabia right now. i have a small breeding area there. i want to be connected to this group.

Click here to e-mail me

reggie

Post Thanks / Like
    Rochel,
    We are slowly organizing Negros Oriental Gamefowl Breeders Association. NOGBA. Because No group excists in N.O. It sucks big time! This thing has been planned for sometime now but no one ever stepped up to the plate.

We will try to gather all the Negros Oriental breeders and try get a meeting to arrange the group.
    I'm organizing with Roger Dasig (the Pit operator of Tanjay Square Garden). with this because the only true pit in Dumaguete is the Square Garden.
    It's mostly owned by my family members and other stock holder friends so atleast it's easy to coordinate with.

I know we have enough cockers in Dumaguete to do this as our place lives for cocking.

We just need a focused and dedicated leader to lead the group.

I'm meeting with Mayor Juancho Aguirre tomorrow. I will seek advice from him.
    Our target 1ST derby for the group is a Clean up 4 or 5 stag derby after Herman Lacson 6-stag.

Anyone, who's interested give us your INPUT!!!

victoriosierra@hotmail.com

Best,
    Victor Sierra
    Super SS

LMIGHTY
    This is a good move, I know there's a lot of cockers and breeders in N.O area. I'm from Negros Occidental part but not too far from Dumaguete. I hope to see you someday. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up NOGBA

I will volunteer/handle the Illinois group to visit my gamefarm

TO: Reybanz, Victor, or any oncoming breeders,

Gentlemen,

Now that we about to organize the NOGBA, I will handle the Illinois (Negros Oriental cockers/breeders alike) or U.S. to submit there email/name. We will encourage everyone from Negros Oriental to join and be a member. We will try to launch a website for NOGBA and have some little funding for membership/cause.

I have a gamefarm here in Sugargrove, Illinois and all Negros Oriental and adjacent islands are welcome to visit.
    Rochel2004Sibulan@yahoo.com

Please inform Mr. Roger Dasig that I will be sending him some future stocks through Ric Silva of Tanjay.

Rochel

Post Thanks / Like

THE MORE THE MERRIER !

Victor Bai,

I think its a great idea that more and more of us younger generation breeders are getting involved in the sport for the sake of the sport itself.

And, having organizations to bring us together is one of the best ways to bring about so many positive changes in the sport.

ONe great example is the sprouting of many organizations in the interest of sportsmanship and fairplay....and no other than the great precursor of the BAKBAKAN has done so much to ignite such passion.

I just came back from Iloilo a couple days ago from the NFGB(National Federation of GameFowl Breeders) meeting to discuss the upcoming BAKBAKAN 8 cock derby in April and 8-stag derby in November.

And, in that meeting so many positive developments were achieved through lengthy discussions between the representing members of each organization...In fact, it was Mayor Juancho Aguirre who insisted on putting up a rule clause regarding underweight-badweight; citing as an example the time when your entry fought against Nato Lacson's entry where your stag was 200 grams underweight due to the handler's error in submission....

So, the more heads there are to meet and unite under the auspices of the Federation would greatly influence the development of the sporting aspect of the gamefowl industry.

I was lucky enough to be seated between Gerry Alivia and Choy Ampil during our dinner and I found out some very encouraging info.. Gerry was saying that the first year they organized for the BAKBAKAN before they won it the first time...the stag population in their organization CVGBA numbered only 2500 heads....last year they had to band 15,000 stags. Also learned about the humble beginnings of the Ampil brothers who according to Choy are originally from Escalante Negros Oriental.

Anyway, best wishes to your efforts in putting up your new organization.

glenn

nivek
    GBANO

A group from Negros Oriental has recently organized a Breeders association Named Gamefowl Breeders Association of Negros Oriental and the President is Mr. Wilson Ong of Octagon Farm. The Founding members are all the way from Vallehermoso to Siaton. The plan of the group is to Band January 2005 Stags and the Schedule of the 6 stag derby will be on October 2005 a clean up 5 stag derby will be on November aftere Lcsons derby

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to know that there's a plan to organize a legitimate gamefowl breeder association here in Negros Oriental. Although I've joined the stag derbies these past three years with better results, it's still frustrating to deal with some unfair and unsportsmanlike acts committed by a few fellow cockers.

Allegations of overaged stags entered in these derbies is the usual complain among the participants. (We cant call ourselves members since we dont belong to the supposed gamefowl breeders association.) I've also witnessed how a sentenciador helped a losing stag win. And like true Filipinos, we take all of these in strides. But in fairness to Mr. Herman Lacson, I believe he's a fair and good man. It's just that he could not assume all the responsibilities in organizing these stag derbies. Having a legitimate organization in Neg. Or. is really the call of time.

I'm just a backyard breeder but I enjoy joining stag derbies. I hope, we small-time breeders can have a place in this association. I also know a number of competent, honest and true-blue cockfighting afficionados who do not join the stag derbies here because of the usual complains. If a good and well-run association is organized, a lot of them I'm sure, will be very eager to join.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nivek,
    Thats good to hear that there's a new group with Wilson as Pres.
    I know though for a fact that theres another association which was even first with the plans and are just waiting for the final paper works in Negros Oriental.
    Here's the founding members:

Dodong Teves, Babe Teves, Herman Lacson, Santiago Sierra Sr., Dr. Uy Pitching.

So it should be interesting what develops in the next couple of months with the 2 Associations. It should be alot of fun and people in Negros Oriental now has an option to enter which association he wants to be part of.

Neildivine,
    We've been entering Hermans stag since its beginings and I havent had anything to complain about. Smooth sailing derbies.

Best,
    Victor

dondon
    I am very interested....i am from tanjay city (tabuc), just 5 minutes away from tanjay square garden...would be very very glad to join this group...

JBAB_ALAS

Pls Count me in

i am from Negros Oriental too. I know that there is a circuit derby led by Mayor Anthony Bayawa of Tayasan, Wilson Ong of Octagon farm and Engineer Elvis Rabor.

it's good to hear that they already form a legitimate organization in Negros Oriental and i would love to be part of it.

bai Victor,

kindly keep us posted of the progress.

Thanks and Cheers,

jbab:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

bai

i have time to visit negros oriental last summer, then we also visted sibulan and we are looking for your farm there, we did not find your farm there, can we ask you whats the address of your farm so we can see it next summer. the only farm that we visited there is the farm of mr. brian calingacion, do you know him? he had plenty of cocks more or less 500 heads

JBAB_ALAS

Cromon

Hello there,

just curious bai if you are directing the question to me. just wanna make sure it's for me before I will provide the answers to your queries.

cheers,

Brian

:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

sorry

the post was for rochel.

JBAB_ALAS

Cromon

No probs bai.

regards,

jbab_alas:rbounce:

JBAB_ALAS

Rochel

Hello bai Rochel,

I am from Chicago bai and there's a good number of us pinoy here who fights regularly at Springbrook and Brownsville. We back-up a show or two to our american breeder freinds. We would love to pay a visit to your farm if it is fine with you. Maybe we could finance a show of your bird for the upcoming season.

We had a small kitakits last night and you are very much welcome to join us should you wish.

Best regards,

Brian

:rbounce:

binky
    NeilDivine,

The following are the founding members of GAMEFOWL BREEDERS ASSOCIATION OF NEGROS ORIENTAL:

Wilson Ong - Enterim President - La Libertad
    Dr, Demetrio Sy - Enterim Treasurer - Dgte City
    Engr. Vergel Artes - Dgte City
    Engr. Rummel Dy - Dgte City
    Engr. Elvis Calunod - Guihulngan
    Niel Salma - Tanjay
    Douglas Maquiling - Dgte City
    Ely Cabanag - Bais City/ Valencia, Negros Oriental
    Engr. Dexter Patrocinio - Sibulan
    Engr. Frankie Koppin - Dgte City
    Rico Trasmonte - Amlan
    Samson Yan - Pamplona
    Atty. Erwin Vergara - Mabinay and Bacong
    Oliver Bongoyan - Vallehermoso
    Atty. Cris Palpagan - Bayawan and Santa Catalina

The Official Address is the Training Camp of John Sy and Junior
    "Baki" Jardeniano at the Back of Botica Real, North Road Dumaguete City. Contact Tel No. is 2252866.

Incorporation Papers are already submitted to the SEC last week after which recruitment of Regular members will commence.
    We are all enjoining backyard breeders like us to join this organization for the betterment of the Cockfighting Sports in Negros Oriental.

Victor,

Most of us also participates in Hermans Stag derby so see you on November 5-8. Regards.

Rochel,

Your cousin Bryan is being recruited to be a member by Tito Sy
    Hope you could join.

Post Thanks / Like

Home of Gentle People

Gents,
    Am certainly honored and humbled to accept the invitation to join such an elite group of gentlemen across Negros Oriental, and contribute something to our organization. However, please direct me to the proper admin person and their contact number. What will be the initial requirements to join such a prestige org?
    For those who do not know me well enough; every year I travel to Green Meadows of Springbrook-Kentucky, Sunset Rec Club of Louisiana, and occasionally in Brownsville, Tennessee. Early 90’s, I often visited the “Hilton of Game Clubs”, Copper State of Ehrenberg, Arizona, Texoma Game Club, and Milkdairy Game Club, and so often, the mains in Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, and Iowa.
    Around 1984, I worked at Ingalls Shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi, near Biloxi, for over 12 months. Every weekend I spent my time in Louisiana Game Clubs. Several times I hang out in the backyards of Mississippi Bayou: Johnny Jumper, Rudy Ibelle, and Gene Batia. Louisiana Cajun: land of Wilbert LeBlanc and John Begnaud’s Hatch-Kelso. The same year, I traveled across Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana to Chicago. On 1988, I traveled from Illinois to Missouri, and Arkansas to exchange and pick up a breeding stock.
    Being a breeder has special relationship or game fowl camaraderie versus a customer base relationship. We as a U.S. breeder, we have our “breeders network”, or Area 51. Whereas, a buyer from Philippines or U.S. will have available materials at the Call Center (CSR).
    My original Allen Roundhead dated back on 1984 from William E. Piercy (RIP) he was one my breeding guru, a native of Kentucky. In 30’s and 40’s he fought against Sweater McGinnis, Max Thaggart, A.J. McCombs, William Wimberly, and Tom Spurrier back in Oklahoma. Now, I am able to continue the pure strain and thanks to the nephew of Mr. Allen in Florida to Michigan.
    I have array of breeding materials at my disposal and shipped to LGBA and MIGBA respectively over the years. My game fowl strains derive from Col. John Madigin’s, E.W. Law’s, C.C.Cooke’s, J.D. Perry’s, Ted McLean’s, Walter Kelso’s, Cecil Davis’, Doc Robinson’s, Lum Gilmore, and Sweater McGinnis. Over the years this gentlemen was at one time associated with the original breeders to name a few. Jerry Leber, Johnny Jumper, Eugene Brown, Loyce Derouen, Ira Parks, Sonny Ware, Odis Chappell, Curtis Blackwell, Johnny Moore, Rudy Ibelle, Gene Batia, J.F. Vance, and Oscar Akins. Moreover, this where I had acquired materials direct/indirect through time-honored friendship and/or breeder’s list.
    My breeding stock are as follows; Blackhawk, Kelso, Hatch, Roundhead, Greys, and Albany.
    People might be wondering why such prominent breeders the likes of NeSmiths, Barnettes, Dink Fairs, Fairchilds, Adkins, Caudles, and their Kelsos and Sweaters alike where not even mention in my breeding stock? I talked and eat with them in the pits and considered them as the next generation of breeders. I respect their hard work and popularity. However, they help me achieve the genetic makeup of their strain and source of seed fowls.
    I am busy organizing the layout of my propose research/development for breeding/conditioning facility and the Mountain View range/stag development. When all said and done, I will be moving all my materials to the projected site.
    At early 80’ I originated the solid black in Sibulan, one of these days I will bring it back and you know what I am talking about. I never had a farm facility because of the controlled environment, so all of my solid bloodlines known today are kept in the mountains of Antipolo.

Rochel

rachelle_torres

sali ako

sir/taga zamboanguita po ako at gusto ko rin pong sumali sa organization ng negros oriental,sana i accept nyo ako as a member,,,salamat

binky
    Rochel,

Merry Chrismas!

Did you know that your Sibulan Blacks entry of Mr. Fredo Sugkay(Not sure of Family name) was one of the champions in the 6 stag Derby held at Dgte City last November. They were acurate cutters and very fast one the draw. I acquires a hen 2-3 years back and will try to bred it for next years stag.

When you are in Dgte City contact us cel No. 09179309263
    We will band January born stags this coming April 1-10 and hopefully stage our first Stag derby come October during the Buglasan Festivities in Negros Oriental.

Rachelle_Torres,

Just Contact me at the phone Number above. I will give you the most recent Resolutions re our plans for banding etc.

BINKY

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Champion

as i posted a month ago in the News forum, Nicky Demandante was co-Champion of the 6-stag in Dumaguete last November, there were only 2 champions.

this is his first outing on his own after taking charge of their family's farm.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last 6-stag derby was sadly marred by controversy regarding over-aged stags or bull stags entered in the said derby. I was not able to join it due to some unfortunate incidents so I'm not sour-graping. A group from Mindanao was also suspected of poisoning stags(hasta pamali) during that competition. An entry from Guihulngan was a victim of this "pamali".

One owner of a champion entry even confided to me that his stags are actually Dec/Jan -born and not Feb-born.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink controversy?

My friend Nicky is from Dumaguete and I presonally saw the stags a few days after the derby, and they all looked like stags to me, so it must be the other champion..

Post Thanks / Like

CONTROVERSY

Draven51501,

I dont want to name anybody. I just want to emphasize the need to organize a fair stag derby next year. If you had been to that derby and especially if you had visited the heeling area, you would probably see a number of bull stags fought in that event.

I'm not saying it is that ramphant( A lot are still very honest among our fellow sabungeros) but if you know some of the info I know, you would probably say that the stag derby is very much flawed from the very start. That is why I'm interested to joining this new group.

Anyway, when will be the wing-banding of GBANO?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

neil,

as i said, there were only two champions. one is my friend Nicky and the other champion is posted by binky...

and you say you're not gonna name names? there were only two champions.. i am sorry for this but my friend's reputation is at stake here.. and for sure, i know Nicky used legitimate stags for i invited him to join the CEGBA derby here in Cebu last October but refused because he had late hatches, Febuary-born only..

but you're right in saying there were bullstags fought in that derby, Nicky got matched on one of those bullstags that you saw..

Post Thanks / Like

controversy

Draven,

I dont personally know your friend and I've never meet and talk to him or even saw his stags before the derby.

Peace.

Post Thanks / Like

inquiry!

To all NOGBA members,

Good day!

I am just dropping by in your thread but i'm not actually from your place, I would like to ask if you guys do not mind me asking about a breeder of hennies in your place, a certain Boy Sayre?? i am interested of hennies, if you could please help me how can i get in touch with him? or if you can recommend a good breed of hennies around negros.

I hope you can help me on this.

Thank you so much,

predator

Post Thanks / Like

boy sayre...

yes you are right... boy sayre's hennies were winning in negros oriental and other neighboring islands in the 80's... unfortunately, i heard that he already stopped his breeding operation, i don't know who got his hennie breeders now... maybe gaw neildivine knows something?

Post Thanks / Like

re: Boy Sayre

Reybanz,

Thank you so much for your reply and your good gesture, i'll better inquire neildivine.

Again, Maraming salamat kaibigan,

predator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Home of Gentle People

Gaw Rochel/Neil/Jbab_Alas/Reybanz/Bai Victor and all....

why dont we put back this thread in action?....

Bai Victor,
    kumusta diha nimo bai, didto baya ko itong championship round sa sinulog gui-kuyog ko ni miguel, kay apil pud iyang entry sa championship round, peldi iyang 2nd ug 3rd fight 4L-2L ilang score. Murag wala man ka itong gabhi-una. Si Bebut Monsanto ray akong nakit-an didto sa balcony. Cheerss bai ....& God Bless

Bai Predator,
    sigue nakong maagi-an si boy sayre mag lingud atobangan sa iyang balay, pero murag wala gyud siguroy mga manok sa iyahang compound, dili lang ko sure kay haskang taasa ang pader sa iyang compound unya wala pud ko kasulay nyag estoryahanay. Try mo Bai sa kang Dondon Maguiling basig naa siyay mga kaliwat nga binabaye gikang ni boy sayre. Naa ang name ni Dondon sa post ni Gaw Binky sa ubos.

Ngeek.....for english forum diay ni nga thread mga gawikz hehehe

NOTE: Sorry.... i knew this forum is for english version only....sorry

gaw/bai efren