Thread: riverview line, anybody knows

Post Thanks / Like

Question riverview line, anybody knows

guys, anybody knows the breeder of riverview line, particularly lasak.
    we were able to get three, thye are good in cutting and fighting style, our source was Mr. chabby of bacolod.
    he's the one that told us it was a riverview line from the US...

aloy villanueva

Thumbs up Re: riverview line, anybody knows

Jude Torres, sir;

Like you, we did not get our riverview GLH direct from the source. But were products of the imported trio that the late Billy Abbott brough to Mr. Boyet Plaza when he last visited the Philippines. As we were told, Mr. Abbott gave specific instructions to sir Boyet, not to lose this bloodline in his yard to be competitive.

Yes, they are good cutting and game roosters. However, they are not as good when they are stags and they are only good until the 26th month. Older than that they seem to lose their speed and they get easily hit by faster fowls, specially those that side steps. This when fought pure or straight bred. They are more on the McClean type chickens. They remind me of the roosters of the late Dave Moreno.

They are best crossed and brought down to a quarter of their blood. They were good with the radios, kelsos and roundhead. They were also good, with 1/8 Riverview 1/8 radio & 3/4 sweater (dink). These Riverview GLH puts the CUT CUT CUT in other Green Legged Hatches or the greys. I have to say WERE, because, I have to give up my yards due to the lack of time I could spend with them.

I suggest you also keep them, just be selective though, some of them are nasty man fighters. Enjoy them. Hope I've been of good help. God bless and keep you sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: riverview line, anybody knows

Isn,t Riverview the former operation run by Ron Chappel and Gene Brown?

Post Thanks / Like

riverview game farm is runned by randy raney if im not mistakin ...he raises yl hatch..gl hatch ..kelso blood.....

Post Thanks / Like

Leonard FABer breeds Riverview Hatch

trick_7447

Quote Originally Posted by titans
    Leonard FABer breeds Riverview Hatch

yes its been introduce by billy abbot to boyet plaza.and boyet plaza send it to boy acaling to be condition and it won several big figths.then boy acaling breed it.but rigth now the best riverview owned by Ralf Sola of victorias cityt negros occ.riverview over butcher roundhead.

River Bty

ELITE808EDGE,
    I believe you're right, i use to see his ads on the Gamecock magazine, he also used to visit the Pitmaster site years ago, nice looking Yellow leg hatches and Kelso's

shoutloud

My father-in-law has also a breed of Riverview's and we're located in Victorias, Negros Occ. also but not familiar with Ralf Sola since i'm only new in this field libangan kun=mbaga.. For sure my father-in-law knew him. I have a Riverview radio (2x winner in hackfights) and Riverview Butcher (brassback) in my photo gallery. And yes! riverview are nasty man fighters, i was beaten several time already..hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes big farm operation causes a lot of confusion from selection and record keeping stand point.
    If you guys ask the all the animal brokers in CA about the quality of fowl being sent in the PI,Guam and HI by so called bigtime U.S breeders they're mostly junk.
    Only a few U.S breeders are honest and some retired oldtime breeders have much better stock as a seedfowl at a very affordable prices $600-750.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ELITE808EDGE
    riverview game farm is runned by randy raney if im not mistakin ...he raises yl hatch..gl hatch ..kelso blood.....

Randey Raney of O'hatchee Gamefarm? Riverview Hatches was originated by Ron Chappel in the 70's who's operating the RVGF now?

Post Thanks / Like

Ironchef ..
    Isn't Ohatchee Gamefarm Runned By Jerry Ellard ??

gabrl

I have asked before about this farm and randy rainy, and i received no response. I ordered some fowl from him and wanted to know the makeup of his hatches, the dark ones and the lemon hackle ones. My birds came from randy from a farm in florida, and he called me a few days after i received the birds and told me to take care of them that they were the good ones. We ordered month old chicks 20 of them, yl, gl hatchs some blue leg males and females. What are they? where is randy? i never heard about hime after i got my fowls, On his old website he had a farm in da phil called riverview game farm. he also had a farm in california if im not mistaken. any more info folks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are really interested of Authentic Riverview GLH, I can get it for you but in his cost price but seldom to sell this line..so I can only try but can't promise you, I can't give you his contact number.

Post Thanks / Like

Please dont get the farm's confused, there is a
    Riverview game farm in Califonia(Faber) and there used to be one in florida, but it's called " River view game fowl Farm"( Randy Raney)...Randy told me that he bought out Ron Chappel's Stock and even the Name"River view game farm" but he had some legal problem's with that! guess Ron sold the fowl and the farm name to more than one person....

Post Thanks / Like

I heard it from Randy Raney himself about six years ago, he does not have one feather of Ron Chappel's blod in his breeding which were the original Riverview line and great roosters. Raney's cocks were called "Republicans" after this date.

Who knows??

Post Thanks / Like

Riverview farm owned by Ron chapel originally..but he runs it like a franchise kind of business. so Randy Raney and Leonard Faber are just a franchisee.
    Last edited by LMIGHTYWWW; April 29th, 2007 at 04:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

leonard from river view in cali got some pretty good kelso's some guys out here have been winnin derbies wit leonards birds.
    alohaz
    k

Post Thanks / Like

It Is An Ordinary Farm By An Ordinary Breeder Glorified And Just Made Famous By Pinoy Cockers In The Phil. I Visited The One Here In California About 2 Hrs From Los Angeles.the Owner Is Advertising In Gamecock Magazine Also. We Check The Bloodlines They Are The Breeds From Different Breeders Also . The Price Is Also Very High ,just Like So Many Small Farms Here In America These "breeders" Buy The Stocks And Just Advertise .check The Gamecock Magazines The Prices Are Too High .why?

Post Thanks / Like

One man in the 90's got a trio of a riverview hatch. in two years time he was the champion in the araw ng dabaw using the said bloodline. the offspring of the trio was really awesome, lots of power and accurate cutting. he was unbeatable using it, but they lack breeding know how when the original trio was gone he was also gone. Good figthing machine

Post Thanks / Like

Guamgazu is RIGHT! There is a farm here in N. California and the Randy Raney's farm was in Florida, i bought 20 3month biddies and all were winners and those were as he put it, REPUBLICAN HATCHES, which we did good with

Post Thanks / Like

shuffles like there's no tomorrow, lots of feet, on air or at the ground, having a good timing when throwing his feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Leonard shows his birds in Sunset, tough competition.

Post Thanks / Like

HELLO GUYS...

Can anybody here able to post picture of your riverview rooster or cocks? i am very interested to see how it looks like.

Thank you all...
    ASILs & BLACKs D' SWEATER TERMINATOR! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

SAGRADA GAMEFARM- Pili, Camarines Sur

Bicol Gamefowl Breeder's Association (BIGBA)
    Bicol Backyard Breeders & Cockers Association (3BCA)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: riverview line, anybody knows

this info. i got from the old gamecock mags. ron chappel originated the river view farm. if im not mistaken there base blood were their hatches (yellow and green legged). and i think some of the other big name farms that advertised in the book were using this same blood also. (oakgrove and nesmith were a couple i think). when ron chappel decided to take a break from breeding he sold the best of his yards to doc ray from tenn? everyone else got what was left in his yard, including randy raney. i know leonard faber was still running there buisness of selling their keeps after ron got out.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad used to fight this line. He got them from Billy Abbott. If I remember correctly the line traces back to Doc Robinson. The crosses he would get were Riverview Gilmore, RIverview Lacy and Riverview Albany. They were all picture cocks. We bred some pure ones and even infused some of the blood into my spangles. They have good cutting and timming but not as powerful and game as other hatch families.

I know Boyet Plaza still has this line and does very well with them.

Post Thanks / Like

My river view GLH has FEVER 3 on the wing band.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio
    My dad used to fight this line. He got them from Billy Abbott. If I remember correctly the line traces back to Doc Robinson. The crosses he would get were Riverview Gilmore, RIverview Lacy and Riverview Albany. They were all picture cocks. We bred some pure ones and even infused some of the blood into my spangles. They have good cutting and timming but not as powerful and game as other hatch families.

I know Boyet Plaza still has this line and does very well with them.
    thank you for sharing your info tonio. who sells the cocks with the riverview wing bands?
    ASILs & BLACKs D' SWEATER TERMINATOR! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

SAGRADA GAMEFARM- Pili, Camarines Sur

Bicol Gamefowl Breeder's Association (BIGBA)
    Bicol Backyard Breeders & Cockers Association (3BCA)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jude torres
    guys, anybody knows the breeder of riverview line, particularly lasak.
    we were able to get three, thye are good in cutting and fighting style, our source was Mr. chabby of bacolod.
    he's the one that told us it was a riverview line from the US...
    LEONARD FABER po kasabong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagitaurus View Post
    One man in the 90's got a trio of a riverview hatch. in two years time he was the champion in the araw ng dabaw using the said bloodline. the offspring of the trio was really awesome, lots of power and accurate cutting. he was unbeatable using it, but they lack breeding know how when the original trio was gone he was also gone. Good figthing machine
    I have seen them recently both straight and infused. To be honest, they are a good line but when you outcross them, it takes a cross back to the original to bring 'them back'. The ones I have encountered are reasonably good as stags but are at their best around 15 to 18 months but have slowed down a lot by 3 y.o. I procured a nice lemon hackle of this strain to keep my line going and he had a fantastic action at 2, by 3 he had slowed down a bit. I saw him spar prior to purchase, and whilst a younger and in my opinion inferior bird was the better sparrer on the day, I knew the quality of what I saw at 2 years and went with the older bird.

I believe this line would respond well to an infusion of good Karachi Hatch at maybe 1/4 to 1/8 and intend to experiment to that effect.

A pen of this line is a good addition to anyone with roundhead who seeks a cutting style with a bit of power