Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moon phases and rooster color

Post Thanks / Like

Question Moon phases and rooster color

I know a lot of old time cockers out there associate when to fight a certain color rooster according to the phase of the moon. Can any of you old timers elaborate on this topic? When are you supposed to fight dark birds, light birds, etc etc according to the moon? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moon phases and rooster color

Lunatic effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Moon phases and rooster color

Camarines,

So what is good for January 3, 4, 5, and 6, 2007?? Anyhow, Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to all!!!!

spangle

paquito56

INCUBUS06, i agree with you.. Is just a supersticious thing.. Here you see so many traditional beleivers that will make you nuts. If colors and moons are for real, why is it that believers dont bet all, including their properties?. Or why is it that they wont win always?.. If such fantasies and non senses were true, then the supersticious will be winning all the time. Colors is just genetics and moons, well, leave it to science..I have seen people at the pit blowing tobacco smoke at the face of the chicken to be fought, licking the longest tail feather , and some other weird things, and no wins all the time. But if these people believe in this, and it gives them comfort at the time of loosing, then, be it...Anyway, not everyone is the same ...Thanks..

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, THERE'S NO SUCH THING.

If superstitions are true, then a cocker should no longer pit his bird. He should just look for the bird that has inferior feathers than his fowl and just ask for the bet of the oponent.

Nowadays, these beliefs had been classified as nonsense.

Also, if these superstitions are true, then a cocker should bet all his belongings including his house, vehicle, and personal effects since he is certain that the signs are all in his favor? Then again, just to hear an excuse that you forgot to check that the spur of the oponent is black.

Forgive the term, but for me, it sounds "STUPID."

Of course, this is just my opinion.

These beliefs, are just formulated by old cockers, because of lack of security. It is just a means to hold on somethinhg, or to have an excuse when everything else fails. They just want to lessen the stress of expectancy and suspense in the game of chance, especially when during those times, what they pit were just jungle fowls that eat "bigas" or uncooked rice grains.

dogmancarter

Feed,training and fighting style. Thats all

abanski

Merry xmas...

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like

its not only in the philippines that old folks believes in the lunar, feather colors etc . . .
    but other asian countries too that enjoy cockfighting . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Camarines, how would you use that guide? The higher the number for a certain feather color and leg color the better on that given moon phase? Looks interesting to know. Maybe can try to see if actually works.

Post Thanks / Like

I call it " icing " of our sport or the greatest story ever told, to make it more exciting. Sometimes it work sometimes it does'nt.

Post Thanks / Like

coyotekiller,
    You have won the biggest competition in cockfighting when you became a WSD champ. Are you just curious about these superstious beliefs or are you going to try it?
    I think your system works just fine. Why fix something that ain't broke?
    Go trace back your steps when you won WSD; see what you did correctly, and what you did wrong. And, I believe with all honesty that you will win big again.

Post Thanks / Like

coyotekiller,
    Cockfighters like to brag about how good a cockfighter they are, and moon phases and rooster color, coupled with senyales are a perfect excuse for loosing. They may say that a Grey would win on a certain phase of the moon be it half, first quarter, or full moon. If they win they'd say, "I told you so". But, when they loose, they'd say, "I fought on the right moon phase but, the other rooster has better senyales".
    These are ready made excuses. None of these so called experts have done better than you. So, why bother? I have been around cockfighting for a while and I don't see any logical explantion to it.

Post Thanks / Like

bromanok...good post sir...

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year To All !!

La Loma, Quezon City / Valencia, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Astrology have always played a role in any game of chance and man somehow managed to chart his fate based on the position of the sun, moon and planets. Whether or not we should believe in the correlation of the moon with the colors of our feathered warriors vary from person to person depending upon his knowledge of how astrology and cockfighting works.

Each person or rooster for this matter have his own peak and low bio-rythms regardless of the position of the moon or planets. To consider planetary aspects as part of our conditioning and pointing method is just too much B.S.! Let's use our common sense and concentrate on just our fowls and master the art and science of our beloved sport.

By carefully charting our progress in this sport and posting more wins than losses, the moon and stars will prove immaterial.

But who knows, after all that's said and done we look up the sky to see which phase the moon is at after each win or loss and make a record of it. We just might be in for a big surprise!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is the limit to what we can do. Chart your own destiny...
    Last edited by edmerc; December 28th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're all waiting for the right person who has the authority to discuss these
    things, none other than Mr. William Dy(expert in cocking fengshui), Does anybody
    out there knows where we can contact him?

Post Thanks / Like

Duke Hulsey fought his Lemons at the Big Dome just like any other ordinary day. Harold Brown, Bobby Boles, Dink, etc. did they look at the moon and the stars before they fought their fowls? They bred, fed, and selected their fowls well. Work

Our old folks, based things on what they saw and understood, but they never imagined how a lemon, Zambo W and a Sweater would look like and how well they will fight. We have been to the moon..............................?

Post Thanks / Like

the lunar calendar is an old way of statistical report of which feather win most in a certain day. just my observation

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Moon phases and rooster color

The moon phases and rooster fighting were compiled by a few aficionados who regularly go to cockpits. Predictions we ask? Maybe.

The horoscopes are also predictions. Some people believe it and some just ignore it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I call it " icing " of our sport or the greatest story ever told, to make it more exciting. Sometimes it work sometimes it does'nt.
    I wud classify it also that way.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not a strong believer in feather color, but i do notice that on certain days, greys will dominate over every red rooster, yet on other days, greys can't buy a win.

Post Thanks / Like

kogmohon,
    Thank you, Sir.
    I have read a lot of your posts and I must say that you make alot of sense when you say something.

Post Thanks / Like

From experience Greys are lucky during the FULL MOON.

Post Thanks / Like
    I be leave it has to do with color I have put up shows of red gray and dark birds mixed shows and noticed that the dark birds would drink a lot of water red birds some water and grays very little water most of the time I see grays do great is when it is raining lol. White colors run cooler than dark colors that may b why the diff in water consumption lol. And the amount of moisture they take in from the air

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roundheadcross View Post
    I be leave it has to do with color I have put up shows of red gray and dark birds mixed shows and noticed that the dark birds would drink a lot of water red birds some water and grays very little water most of the time I see grays do great is when it is raining lol. White colors run cooler than dark colors that may b why the diff in water consumption lol. And the amount of moisture they take in from the air
    I think countyline has this same theory.

Post Thanks / Like

So if two greys meet during the full moon a draw is to be considered. Or is it the one that won had better markings on the scales? Or maybe it just was the better rooster won.

I too have seen many greys perform quite well during the full moon but not all won. Maybe the greys just rested better, or is it like a black car in the sun gets hotter than a white car parked in the same area. If this is the case them proper rest and proper moisture should be a factor. It can't be luck as the lady never comes my way cause I'm too old and too ugly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard people tell me that a grey can only win when it is a full moon or when it is raining but I know that isn't true

Post Thanks / Like

I don't belive on it on the shows that I used to win I always took greys black white and red birds and they where dervy winners

Post Thanks / Like

sabongeros from the old days resorts to superstition whenever confronted with things they cannot understand and explain. nowadays, science is the name of the game.

wala raw mawawala kung maniwala... sagot ko, wala ring makukuha kung maniniwala. dahil kung nanalo man hindi buwan ang nagpano sa'min kundi ang pag-aalaga ko at galing ng nokis ko yun lang mga kasabong ... peace hehe