Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 337

Thread: Allen Roundheads

  
  1. #151
    Senior Member hitmonkey 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    bryant, AL
    Posts
    658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    there used to be a old man from ga that showed some at a pit we used to run about 5 years ago i will see if i can get ahold of him they are very classy fowl and have a very good %

  2. #152
    Senior Member Outlaw greys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    I know an old man in ellijay ga who raises spangled pumkin allen roundheads they look good but i personally have not seen any of them fought

  3. #153
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    My friend breeds Allen roundheads, and Billy ruble hatch only. He's had them for 30 years. I was at his place yesterday and he must have about 300 birds.

  4. #154
    Senior Member super fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CVBA
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by nimhlowery View Post
    Fellow cockers who is BREEDING not peddling. The good allen roundheads.
    Im looking for a royally bred cock or stag. All the right characteristics.

    Thanks M
    I got this from Doug Page of Georgia but he has been out of the chicken business for around 2 years now. These are hard hitting, high flying Allen blood. Too bad I was not able to hold the line as what I got are already bred very tight but the crosses have been winning with me still. I think they don't come as royally bred as this one. Goodluck!


  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    THE GAMEFARM
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    very nice looking bird Ima rounhead man. Just searching around for some infusion blood.

  6. #156
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    This are a few pictures I have saved of his Allen.



  7. #157
    Member MIMI-09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Victorias Hazienda MIMI Neg. Occ
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Sir or gallo nice looking birds .. Hope to have some in near future

  8. #158
    Senior Member hitmonkey 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    bryant, AL
    Posts
    658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw greys View Post
    I know an old man in ellijay ga who raises spangled pumkin allen roundheads they look good but i personally have not seen any of them fought
    i bet those are crazy looking fowl but this old man lives pretty close to bart maner i think its canton they are red with yellow legs 100% pea combed

  9. #159
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by MIMI-09 View Post
    Sir or gallo nice looking birds .. Hope to have some in near future
    Thanks MIMI-09
    My friend has had the Allen roundheads for 30 years, they are truly some of the best roundheads around.

  10. #160
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    ryan thats one fine roundhead bud

  11. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA/PI
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    OR GALLO,

    Is your friend in Oregon or Washington?
    What about you what other bloodlines do you have in your yard?

    THANKS and GOODLUCK with your breeding, sir! You have beautiful doms.




    Quote Originally Posted by OR GALLO View Post
    My friend breeds Allen roundheads, and Billy ruble hatch only. He's had them for 30 years. I was at his place yesterday and he must have about 300 birds.

  12. #162
    Senior Member super fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CVBA
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by fourwinds_011 View Post
    ryan thats one fine roundhead bud
    Greg I still have a couple of the Allens at the farm but they come real small now. I will try breeding the Cowan blood into them and see if that would help their size. Anyways, those Cowans have the Allen blood in them. I think it might work....

  13. #163
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    i have a nice allen hen for you dont do away with them they come the same color as yours they came from ben fords grand son years ago. i bred the allen to the cowan this year they look good so far

  14. #164
    Senior Member super fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CVBA
    Posts
    610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by fourwinds_011 View Post
    i have a nice allen hen for you dont do away with them they come the same color as yours they came from ben fords grand son years ago. i bred the allen to the cowan this year they look good so far
    Thanks a lot Greg! She will be a nice addition to them and would greatly help the blood. I wish you could have seen the Allen stag that won at the Araneta with his guts hanging out. Game for a Roundhead! They won't take a backseat to any RH line in terms of power. Will call you soon buddy!

  15. #165
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    OR GALLO,

    Is your friend in Oregon or Washington?
    What about you what other bloodlines do you have in your yard?

    THANKS and GOODLUCK with your breeding, sir! You have beautiful doms.
    Thank you Scrapper
    My friend lives about 14 miles from my place in Oregon.
    I breed my main lines Doms, toppy, and muffs.

  16. #166
    Member JT-Sphinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    do ben ford allen rh comes white????

  17. #167
    Senior Member Hotcocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    1,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by fourwinds_011 View Post
    i have a nice allen hen for you dont do away with them they come the same color as yours they came from ben fords grand son years ago. i bred the allen to the cowan this year they look good so far

    some of the best allens I ever saw was from Ben Fords stock.. still around this area and thriving, very comparable fowl.

  18. #168
    Senior Member Hotcocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    1,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by OR GALLO View Post
    Thanks MIMI-09
    My friend has had the Allen roundheads for 30 years, they are truly some of the best roundheads around.
    those are some really nice looking allens, Id like to get my RH stationed a bit more like those, i like the way they sit atop their legs like that.

  19. #169
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    those are some really nice looking allens, Id like to get my RH stationed a bit more like those, i like the way they sit atop their legs like that.
    Thanks Hotcocker
    This Allen's have great station, and back when legal my friend showed in the American shows. He sells his trios for 350. I think they would cross great with those nice white legged roundheads you got.

  20. #170
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    i went to ben fords grand sons three times and got fowl and there was never no whites some would come green legged from being bred so close but he had nothin on his yard but allen rounds. as most of you know ben ford walked cocks for will allen.also the criple tonys are allen rounds as a kid i seen a lot of these all of them being yellow legged every now and then a green leg not like these white leg junck being sold on oakridge

  21. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    THE GAMEFARM
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Was the green leg a throwback of the grist grady fowl or what?

  22. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    cen cilfornia
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by OR GALLO View Post
    Thanks Hotcocker
    This Allen's have great station, and back when legal my friend showed in the American shows. He sells his trios for 350. I think they would cross great with those nice white legged roundheads you got.
    how old r the trios ur friend sales for $350

  23. #173
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoghectic View Post
    how old r the trios ur friend sales for $350
    They are young trios from 7 to 12 months old.

  24. #174
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    yes the green leg would be a throw back to the grist grady blood. but the criple tony blood will allen got them friom a black man in east texas bred this blood to his this round heads. this new blood was dark legged. he bred back to his round heads cut the dark leg blood way down and he called this family his criple tonys i have a allen thats pumpkin colored but also has the red quills color lime green legs she was yellow leged till she turn two than her legs change color weird right but she is a good hen wonts to fight all the time with the other hens

  25. #175
    Senior Member Mike Everett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by fourwinds_011 View Post
    yes the green leg would be a throw back to the grist grady blood. but the criple tony blood will allen got them friom a black man in east texas bred this blood to his this round heads. this new blood was dark legged. he bred back to his round heads cut the dark leg blood way down and he called this family his criple tonys i have a allen thats pumpkin colored but also has the red quills color lime green legs she was yellow leged till she turn two than her legs change color weird right but she is a good hen wonts to fight all the time with the other hens
    I don't think Mr. Vines was a black man, the original Cripple Tonys were named by Nick Arrington for his slave, this was the blood Mr. Vines raised and Will Allen got...

  26. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
  27. #176
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    you may be right but this old history i have said they came from and old black man in east texas any way they were and still are good fowl if you can find them not to many left

  28. #177
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    This is the only picture I have of my friend Scotty's Allen roundhead hens. For the guys that wanted to see what they looked like. Not a very good picture,next time I visit him I'll get a few more.

  29. #178
    Member fourwinds_011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    around
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    your friend has some good looking allens

  30. Thanks bingking/bmfarm thanked for this post
  31. #179
    Senior Member springwater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    He has very good looking brood pens also.

  32. #180
    Senior Member OR GALLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Allen Roundhead breeders

    Thanks fourwinds, and springwater.

Similar Threads

  1. Los Gallos Allen Roundhead por W.L. Allen
    By TIMEX in forum Foro para Ibero Americanos
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
  2. H. I. Allen
    By cwreid in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 9th, 2013, 11:44 AM
  3. Allen or lacy roundheads?
    By el.kora in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 6th, 2011, 11:28 PM
  4. Allen Roundheads...
    By ichiko in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •