Thread: Lacy Roundhead Fighting Style

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lacy Roundhead Fighting Style

Friends,

Can anyone describe to me the typical fighting style of Lacy Roundheads? How good are they in LK? How about their gameness?

Thanks for any information you can share.

YFIS,
    Engkanto

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lacy Roundhead Fighting Style

my lacy roundhead will hop, skip, and jump...and if they are not dead in two pittings you will be watching a skilled surgeon and a matador combined to serve you chicken enchilada a la carte...

Post Thanks / Like

Friends, thanks for sharing your experiences.

INCUBUS06, yes I read somewhere the differences in the fighting style of RHs. I guess it depends on the outside blood the breeders have infused into their own 'signature' RH. For the LK, I like better the smart, sidestepping, hit from any angle style of fighting, though.

Sir Kogs, the superb accuracy of you RHs must have come from their Asil ancestry. What do you think? Well, I know you're the expert on this department. I heard you're from Bohol. If you don't mind my asking, which part of Bohol? My mother is from Loboc -very nice, clean and peaceful town.

Thanks again for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lacy's I get are very good and probally one of the best Roundheads I've seen. The person that breeds these lacy's been breeding them for over 30yrs and there awesome. There very fast and are cutters but will break high an shuffle in the air and all the way to the ground. I'd actually had one of the members from this site come check them out. He was amazed when he saw these roundheads spare. He spared my no tail Lacy with his rooster and said he'll feel sorry for the Lacy cock after his rooster gets done with my lacy. But his rooster couldn't touch my Lacy. They're pure Lacy's and I get them for $150 a cock and worth every penny and is one of the best RH I've seen. By march or april he'll be sold out. Just trying to help him sell it faster and trying to help our fellow members who is looking for a good cock at a great price. If interested let me know if your looking for a pure lacy. If anyone knows Frontier (John) ask him about these Lacy RH and ask him how good they really are.

Post Thanks / Like

jt roc. i'm interested. can u post a pic of your lacy rh here. thanx

Post Thanks / Like

here's my RH without a tail. Doesnt affect his ability at all. and here's a cross RH/Claret and a RH bullstag
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...c/100_1488.jpg
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...1_11_07350.jpg
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...1_11_07347.jpg
    these are some birds that I'd bought from him. I'll be buying some more from him this weekend. Some pure Dinkfair sweaters and a pure Hugh Norman Lacy RH. Once when I buy it I'll post a pic and they look great an for $150 its worth every single penny. $200 for a pair. xjet82x email me jtroc2k3@yahoo.com if you want shipped to PI i also could get it there for you. xjet82x if you just even buy one to try it. You'll will come back an buy more and you'll be impress alot. These are RH are no joke.

Post Thanks / Like

My Carl Davis Lacy Roundhead are high station, smart, off-beat (salto), excellent
    cutter and game enough to, give the last two peck to win fight...

Yfis...

Post Thanks / Like

Jt those are awesome fowls. I just e-mailed you.

wickedfr0g

Quote Originally Posted by INCUBUS06
    there's two types of styles of the roundheads there's the smart,sidestepping, hit from any angle type, cutting machines & there's the high breaking, fast, cutting machines both are good sparring chickens usually single stokers but they will shuffle also . some cocker's don't have to much faith in their dead gameness and some swear to their gameness....in all breeds there's good and bad for the most part it all depends where you buy them .
    heres my lacy roundhead from north carolina.
    old man been breeding his lacy for many years,
    and past on to his nephew mike ruff..
    side stepping will hit in any angle, good cutting single
    stroker when we spar them.

Both brothers ready for this month season..

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Lacey Rh There.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto
    Friends, thanks for sharing your experiences.

INCUBUS06, yes I read somewhere the differences in the fighting style of RHs. I guess it depends on the outside blood the breeders have infused into their own 'signature' RH. For the LK, I like better the smart, sidestepping, hit from any angle style of fighting, though.

Sir Kogs, the superb accuracy of you RHs must have come from their Asil ancestry. What do you think? Well, I know you're the expert on this department. I heard you're from Bohol. If you don't mind my asking, which part of Bohol? My mother is from Loboc -very nice, clean and peaceful town.

Thanks again for the info.
    engkanto...i know loboc very well...lobocanons are the most peaceful loving, generous,
    friendliest, and hospitable people i ever met and associate with...fiesta everyday in may...best boat ride i ever had...home of the best carab meat...home of some of my lay
    lacy roundheads...btw, i was born and raised in tagbilaran city...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Lacy Roundhead Fighting Style

my lacy roundheads are high breaking good cutting birds! a high percentage of them became multi winner!

Post Thanks / Like

My lacy roundhead are sidestepper, angat sarado and
    can kill the opponent in single fly, a very good cutting
    chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

Lacy Roundheads are more high-breakers and accurate cutters than Bostons Roundheads. They are also agressive compared to Boston. Fast and smart, kills their opponent more in the air than in the ground. This is a wise fighting bird....

Lacy is best to be crossed with Heavy strains...like hatches, Greys, YLH...etc..

Boston is more cool headed...best to cross with light Strains like the Sweaters, Kelso, Lemons, Clarets etc....

Post Thanks / Like

Lacys are on the agrresive side. You do have to handle a little more so they dont turn into manfighters

Post Thanks / Like

JT Roc,

Yes you are right, this is my experienced for our Lacy RH stag, a manfighter but Iam still hopefull that he will still change.

Gud luck,

Noel

Post Thanks / Like

They'll change just add more time with them and they'll come around. They're very good

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have really good Hugh Rudd Lacys back home in NM. I now live in NC and looking for good Lacys. How do i get in touch with the breeder in Nc? Wickedfrog can you help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JT_Roc View Post
    The Lacy's I get are very good and probally one of the best Roundheads I've seen. The person that breeds these lacy's been breeding them for over 30yrs and there awesome. There very fast and are cutters but will break high an shuffle in the air and all the way to the ground. I'd actually had one of the members from this site come check them out. He was amazed when he saw these roundheads spare. He spared my no tail Lacy with his rooster and said he'll feel sorry for the Lacy cock after his rooster gets done with my lacy. But his rooster couldn't touch my Lacy. They're pure Lacy's and I get them for $150 a cock and worth every penny and is one of the best RH I've seen. By march or april he'll be sold out. Just trying to help him sell it faster and trying to help our fellow members who is looking for a good cock at a great price. If interested let me know if your looking for a pure lacy. If anyone knows Frontier (John) ask him about these Lacy RH and ask him how good they really are.
    Bro im interested in those lacys as well! Shoot me the contact info for the breeder. Is he in cali?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JT_Roc View Post

Can PM me the contact number of the breeder pls? Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

I have ones that arnt super tall theyre meduim station but super fast none of my other brood cocks could touch him he has already proved himself he fought 4 time in derby but his sons with hatch were very impressive cutters but hes one of the fastest iv seen he barely touches yhe ground wen hes all over his oppenent again