Thread: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

Friends and Fellow Enthusiast,

Currently, the aforesaid bill is going through the US Congress for hearing. It is a bill that's moving rapidly and lobbied by powerful **** and **** Groups. The coalition for our cause isn't influential enough or funded to great extent unlike our adversaries. However, it is a democracy afterall and national election in the US is just around the corner in 2008. Politicians tend to be more attentive to their constituents this time of the year. I realize a great deal of our friends are non-US voters but I still encourage you all to either reach out to your friends and families in the US and have them contact their Congressman and solicit for their support to deny the passage of this bill. Believe me, they'll listen - It's election season! At the very least, please post your opinion on the following board at

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills...l#usercomments

Survey reflect an 87 % of respondent being totally against this bill. Do your share and help our American breeders from being unconstitutionally rob of their livelihood and right to pursue liberty and happiness.

I know I will...

Affirmedpoint

Detailed Summary
    Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 - Amends the federal criminal code to prohibit: (1) sponsoring or exhibiting a bird in a fighting venture in a state where it would not otherwise be in violation of the law, only if the person knew that any bird in the venture was knowingly bought, sold, delivered, transported, or received in interstate or foreign commerce for such purpose; or (2) knowingly sponsoring or exhibiting in an animal fighting venture any other animal that was moved in interstate or foreign commerce.

Prohibits knowingly: (1) selling, buying, transporting, delivering, or receiving, for purposes of transportation in interstate or foreign commerce, any dog or other animal to participate in an animal fighting venture; (2) using interstate mail service for commercial speech promoting an animal fighting venture except as performed outside the limits of the states (with an exception for bird fights in states whose laws allow them); or (3) selling, buying, transporting, or delivering in interstate or foreign commerce a knife, gaff, or other sharp instrument to be attached to the leg of a bird for use in an animal fighting venture.

Increases the penalties to a fine and up to three years' imprisonment for violations.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Re: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

Just did my part. I hope that this will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post, We all need to unite and help each other out. This is a war and we need as many soldiers as we can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...

This is a cause and we need to exercise resolve. Help us by sharing your views.

Post Thanks / Like

Posted mine guys, hopefully it will make a diffrence.

Post Thanks / Like

keep them no votes coming!!!

Post Thanks / Like

better ransfer in the PI. I dont thnik we san still hold on that into abolishing. Though i voted NO. Cockfigthing in US is as bad dream. C'mon guys US is no longer the home of pure breed. Good breeds are already in PI. We've been through ups and downs of laws abolishing cockfighting in the US. Let them do their wants. So better transfer to PI the land of free!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibong adarna
    better ransfer in the PI. I dont thnik we san still hold on that into abolishing. Though i voted NO. Cockfigthing in US is as bad dream. C'mon guys US is no longer the home of pure breed. Good breeds are already in PI. We've been through ups and downs of laws abolishing cockfighting in the US. Let them do their wants. So better transfer to PI the land of free!

Although I don't disagree with your contention that the "good breeds are already in the PI," I do agree that cockfighting in the US is a bad dream. However, I think that we should continue to support our brothers in the US in their cause to pursue liberty. Moreover, Americans also share the same passion as Filipinos in all aspects of sabong. It is also heavily embedded in their culture just like us here in the Philippines. I mean this is their livelihood that we're talking about. Forget about geographic barriers and you'll see a group of people being oppressed simply because of something they believe in. It's not right!

praetorian

Affirmedpoint

Thanks, if not for your thread I would have missed the opportunity to speak my mind.
    I hope it does some good!

SSDNOFEAR

Thumbs up Re: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

Thanks For All The Support Fellow Sabungeros. Any Letters Or Phone Calls And Faxes To The Politicians That Will Decide This Fate Would Also Be Of Great Help................... Keep Them Crowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y.f.i.s.
    Ssd (rob)

Post Thanks / Like

please vote!!!

Post Thanks / Like

bump

praetorian

Bumpin' up!

rickeyh

I did my part also

lagalag

i voted for NO also!!!

regards sir frank!!!

rain goce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lagalag
    i voted for NO also!!!

regards sir frank!!!

rain goce

Bump!

Rain...musta na? Parami na din mga palabas ng Claret trio.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

When I came to America, everybody say its the land of the free. Not anymore, The word free was destroyed by those influential people whose are against the freedom of everyone. Everyone that are engaged in the world of sports. especially in the dog fight the cock fighting. the bull fight. ect.ect.ect. who are these people that are taking away this freedom? who else but the ****.and the ****. What is the best thing for us to do? Vote a big NO to the bill that they are pushing thru to the congress. Long live the people of the cocking world.

lagalag

Quote Originally Posted by affirmedpoint
    Bump!

Rain...musta na? Parami na din mga palabas ng Claret trio.
    ok lang po sir frank... musta po kayo? nice to know dami n palabas nyo ng clarets. dani went back to NY this morning. im back here in bacolod last sat pa. as soon i finished the farm inventory and dany made the identification of the fowls.somthin came up kaya iniwan ko cya dun.last minute nag hackfyt pa sya s pasay yesterday. ok naman ang result ng laban nya.

these animal rights group is a pain in the a..... after nung isa eto nanaman.
    keep voting NO folks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping Up

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: URGENT! The Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (HR 137) (S. 261)

TWILIGHT ZONE scenario:

Gigantic intelligent fowl are breeding humans for year-round fighting. Favorite breeds are **** and **** lines perpetuated in D.C. and shipped worldwide. Since they are not originally fighting breeds, they are knowned to be infused with Al Qaida blood for gameness and some Politician blood for cunning abilities.

Post Thanks / Like

bumping up.

Post Thanks / Like

bumping up.

praetorian

Back to the top with this thread.

Please continue to vote NO, GoldenDragon and some others here make some good points!!

Post Thanks / Like

go vote