Thread: SHELTON Roundhead

Post Thanks / Like

SHELTON Roundhead

Any one familiar with this line of roundhead? I just heard of it recently when a friend got some stags of Shelton RH. I know a member of this site also bears the same name. Does it come from d line of Lacy's or Boston's?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHELTON Roundhead

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO. Shelton RH is an old blood, older than the Lacy's. The Lacy RH are mostly Allens & Sheltons and from reading a bunch of histories most of the RH of today are base on these RH old blood (Allens, Sheltons, and the Bostons).

Post Thanks / Like

Shelton Was Will Allens Brother-in-law.so, Sheltons Are Actually Allens.

Post Thanks / Like

Janrich and daredevil:
    That's a very sound info you've both shared. Jan, pardom me I haven't done my homework much =D.

Shelt:
    I expected much from you buddy! hehehe

bonecrash

Thumbs up Re: SHELTON Roundhead

parang allen rhx brunner.. thats what i remember longtimeago when my friend
    visit some farm in lousiana.. whos selling this bloodline but im not sure of it.but im right
    of the place somewhere in lousina....

whiteleggedred

Victor of the super SS fame breeds the shelton Rh's from Lanier.Good chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

lanier rh i believe is combination of shelton and lacys

LANIER RH STAG

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking fowl!

Post Thanks / Like

HEY,RAMBO... DONT CALL ME SHELTS... JUST CALL ME
    COMMANDO..ANY WAY THATS MY REAL NAME FROM NOW ON.
    ABOUT THE SHELTON RH WILL MAYBE I CAN SHARE YOU A LITTLE BIT..MOST
    STRAIN OF RH CAME FROM THE ALLEN RH.JUDGE LACY OF JASPER,WALKER COUNTY,ALABAMA,MADE HIS RH FROM THE ALLENS.WITHOUT LOSING HARDLY ANY FIGHTS.THE LEGENDARY MR.BURNELL SHELTON THATS HIS REAL
    FULL NAME.. IS COLONEL WILL ALLEN BROTHER IN LAW MADE HIS SHELTONS RH OUT OF THE ALLENS RH...THIS IS A COMBINATION OF DR.FRED SAUNDERS BOSTONRH COCK OVER GRIST GRADY HENS.

I HOPE I CAN SHARE YOU A LITTLE BIT SHORT STORY ABOUT THIS STRAIN.
    AND I HEARD FROM MY BEST FRIEND THAT HIS GREATGRANDSON HAS A GOOD ORIGINAL BLOODLINE UP TO THIS DAY HIS NAME IS CHRIS...

Post Thanks / Like

Sheltonrh,what About His Other Grandson Houston?he Got Will Allens Whitehackles.from What Ive Heard And Read The Boston Roundhead Of Dr.fred Saunders Was Actually An Irish Whitehackle.that Came From Iriland Without An Id Tag That Landed In Boston.so, They Just Called Them Boston Roundheads.the Grist Grady Hens Was Like 1/2 Shawl Neck Whitehackles.so, If This Is True Then The Allen Roundhead Is Actually 3/4 Whitehackle....something To Think About....imoa...daredevil

Post Thanks / Like

ROUNDHEADS: The Roundheads originated by crossing Jap & Asil Orientals with Straight Comb Bankava Mediterranean fowl such as English and American Straight Combs. This began long years ago and is currently practiced (1966). The product is Allen Roundheads, Bostons, Saunders, Sheltons, Lacey’s, Hulseys, Perkins, Killers, Claret Roundheads, Negros, Mayberry, Cowan, Lundy, etc. Allen made his first Roundheads from Grist-Gradys fowl by breeding to the Oriental side around 1900. A second Allen Family were an importation from Massachussetts of Dr. Saunders Roundheads in the early 1920’s.

Post Thanks / Like

Ey Commando:

No harm intended just cut short of your name to save effort. Man that was a good input you've shared. Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Correct Me If Im Wrong But The Old Allen Roundheads Where White Hackled And The Roundheads Made Out Of The Oriental Blood Are Black Hackled.thats What Ive Been Told And Read..imoa..daredevil

bonecrash

Thumbs up Re: SHELTON Roundhead

will last night i went to visit my best friend jojo.he has a quit few old strain bloodlines in his yard.we talk a lot about his old strins of bloodlines and also enjoying his imported johnny walker "blue label" whisky.slurrp!![/ with some of the what i can say "laging palibre boys gang".with a bihag as our appetiecer.until our topic went to his shelton rh one of old strains in his yard.what he told me that their is a family in texas breed this shelton bloodline since 1910.direct from mr.burnell shelton himself.i will make the story shortss..

shelton roundheads...e. taylor of texas.i secured my first trio of these fowl,1910 from the late burnell shelton.ive called them shelton roundhead,however mr.b.shelton called themallen roundheads.i knew both allen and shelton personally.mr.shelton told me they were...7/8dr. fred saunderrhx1/8grist grady/in one family 1/8 vines cripple tony in the bull-neck,red-eye family.this will throw a green leg pullet and a quite a few pumkin stags from slight infusion of good cripple tony,this were redquill-looking cocks.i live within 30 miles of jefferson,mr.vines old home,visited him as a kid,many times.i have one yard pure old shelton and several yards carrying.... 1/4 dr.saunders roundhead x 3/4 burnell shelton.the saunders blood infused in 1945 came from bowen of vt.and they are what i can say one of the best lk.fighting machine. will thanks to the man b. shelton. :cool:

Post Thanks / Like

SIR DAREDEVIL,CHRIS IM TALKING IS MR.BURNELL

SHELTON GRANDSON... CHRIS SHELTON..TNX MAN

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR BREEDING.I THINK HE LIVES IN

SOMEWHERE IN TEXAS... THANK YOU FRIEND.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lundy Roundheads were made from the Smith Roundheads located in Washington D.C. Later they had Allen Roundhed infused into them. Check W.T. Johnsons History of Game Strains for the complete history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonRH
    SIR DAREDEVIL,CHRIS IM TALKING IS MR.BURNELL

SHELTON GRANDSON... CHRIS SHELTON..TNX MAN

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR BREEDING.I THINK HE LIVES IN

SOMEWHERE IN TEXAS... THANK YOU FRIEND.

chris still has the sheltons in pure form. my friend got my sheltons direct from him...

Post Thanks / Like

sir kogs,how much a trio from chris... can you share me sir the price so i can have an idea....just thinking to get some.hehehe...thanks kogs in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

i did not get it direct...my friend did...he gave me a pair to seed in the philippines...i have
    no idea how much he paid for his...

Post Thanks / Like

Dear sirs,

I see that this thread has been long forgotten so I would like to bump it up,

Anyone here in the Philippines still has the Blue Form of the Shelton Roundheads?

My Dad being and old time breeder once had these Sheltons, the particular Shelton Roundhead strain he got from Burnell himself are the ones Mr. Shelton crossed with the Sto. Domingo Blues.

Now for some twist of fate these very impressive Roundheads have been lost to my family due to sheer luck, me being the last one who handled one yet was not so lucky in breeding them, I had a very very old cock my Dad loaned me and he died due to a throat infection that I really tried my best to cure.

So to make the story short because of the medication his fertility was compromised in the end he died without any heirs.

So If anyone can point me to the direction of someone who still have these Blue Strains, please help me? I want to give my Dad a gift of a pair of new blood because he really loves this strain very much so.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to make this thread going, very informative keep it going guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone share insights of the Shelton Black Roundhead.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

According to some older information, the Shelton Black Roundheads were the foundation blood of the Black McRaes. I think Mr. Shelton had some fowl called Knob Comb Blues. There were some of the Allen&Shelton Roundheads that came straightcombed due to the Redquill blood, which is straight comb, and the Whitehackle blood in the Boston Roundhead,
    The hen that Hugh Norman,s Cripple Toneys were bred from was willed to him by Judge Lacy at the Judge's death. This hen was a pure Shelton and was yellowlegged, straightcomb large hen. This hen's line was bred back to her using stags out of her and the other Lacy family that Hugh got from Judge Lacy in 1928. This straight Shelton hen and the connection to the Allen and Shelton Cripple Tony line is why Hugh named this family of his the Cripple Tonys. These fowl are made different than any other roundheads. When active, I had both families of Hugh's roundheads. They were all Lacy Roundhead blood but bred differently. The Tonys that I had were longer breasted, more powerful, but still fought like a typical Lacy. None for sale at this time.