Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarets

pinnacle
    my clarets have lots of power, superior cutting ability, "abang", perfect timing, rapid aerial fire, full-visible feet

HardGround
    Travis Clark, Stone County Game Farm of Missouri has some of the finest Claret fowl you'll find in our sport - anywhere.

bushmaster

Ferdief's Clarets

sir pinnacle;

i think he got his al liras from the same man from the backyard that you talked of. the way i knew it Greg doesn't sell his Al Lira easily and he is also a hard man to crack so all people who want to get it mus t go through the backdoor, perhaps.

pinnacle
    my instinct also. the 1st and last time i visited rolly was i think 2002. wala pa siyang Al Lira Clarets nun. i'll post our pic on the gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Madigin Claret Broodcock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

claret

abai,
    pre,this claret is handsome,sure they can fight.would you mind telling me who is the breeder?
    frederick sy

Post Thanks / Like
    abai

nice madigan.... my madigan's are wine red dark and have white streamer in his tail feathers... the only time i get the lighter ones is when i cross them with my hb clarets..... still love my cigar clarets wouldnt trade them for anything....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Cigar, Fredsy. This is the Hochatown Claret. He's a winner at Texoma.

Post Thanks / Like
    abai,
    basically they are the roy gibson of circle g fame,you are indeed lucky to have that old time cutting and intelligent claret.by the way i tried to call your cell phone but you are always out of coverage area.
    yfis,
    fredsy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frederick,

Thx for mentioning the name of Roy Gibson of Tn. Hes a good friend of mine. I acquired battlecocks from him and won impressively w/ his roundhead kelso..He got his kelso from John Begnaude who used to be a referee at sunset. John B. got his kelso direct from walter unfortunately mr. begnaude passed away a couple years now. Regarding the claret Roy Gibson no longer breeds them...YFIS

danding09

white claret???

hello,

my uncle gave me this bird and 1 of them is a 4x winner in derbies. is this a white claret????

Post Thanks / Like
    if faced with a white claret or any clarets for that matter, what, besides another claret, would you choose to pit it against?

pinnacle
    for me, a good product of the claret - a lemon.

ryan72_2000
    you are right, pinnacle

Post Thanks / Like
    To all Claret fan,
    Haven't you notice lately,Clarets are making a comeback in the big pits as well as in smaller pits,in Sunset the Cocker of the Year goes to the JOE entry of Mr.Joe Wolcott using Clarets as his base crossed with his radios,greys etc.,the claret blood came from the late Wendall Loveday.in Piney Woods it is Mr.Big Sam White who won the COTY award using his Griffin Clarets.It simply shows that Clarets are here to stay,that should make us Claret lovers and fans something to be proud of.

pinnacle
    makes me love the line even more. nothing's like the original where it has been proven for so many years to be an excellent base blood. still a lot nicks out of the good old clarets are yet to be discovered.

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone ever heard of Palawan game farm? I acquired this claret with a wingband that says palawan. just want to know the history or roots of this bird. will be much obliged for any info.

pinnacle
    here's my proven 7yo imported claret broodcock. still very active. just quite exhibiting man fighter sometimes especially if on moult. just bear w/ the uncentered photo taken by one of my farm boys. sired multiple winners for me and my close friend who imported him.

pinnacle
    brod victor told me he's a madigan from miraloma but according to sdgf, he came from an old breeder in the person of howard belk.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackwell Claret...

Just like my friend's Curtis Blackwell broodfowl. Matanda na rin pero mael pa rin. Keep propagating it.

I entered a 3-cock derby in Bacarra,Ilocos Norte 2 years ago using his claret crosses and they were awesome. Good cutters. I am talking about Emmanuel Lafradez of La Union and NYC. Prepotent yung broodfowl niya. Pati na rin siya.(biro lang EL):lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    i have posted some new pictures of my cigar clarets.....
    stags, pullets, hens and cocks.....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 Families of Clarets the Old time Madigin Clarets that I got from JF Vance of texas and from JB Jaynes of North Carolina, their 100% straight comb 100% pearl legged some have black spurs and some dont, 100% dark red and black breasted.

My 2nd family are the white Madigin clarets that i got from georgia and they come 100% straight comb, mostly white legged and very few come yellow legged.

my 3rd family are the Griffen Clarets that i got from Ray Alexander. Their 100% straight comb, they come white or yellow legged, they come light red and sometimes dark red.

Heres the Pic of one of my pure Madigin claret

Post Thanks / Like
    Pic of my pure madigin claret hen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture of my pure madigin white claret

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture of my pure Ray Alexander giffen claret 2x winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pic of my Ray Alexander griffin Claret hen

El Espaņol

Patriot's Gamefarm

Danny,
    You have some really ass kicking brood stock there man!

Am I jealous?

You betcha!

Are those Ray Alexander Griffins all the bomb that people say they are? I have only heard great things about that particular line from Ray.

Best of luck friend and Happiest of Holidays to you and yours!

Sincerely,

ROL MACATANGAY

Cool MR. CIGAR'S CLARET

MR. CIGAR , CAN YOU PLS GIVE ME SOME INFO ABOUT YOUR CLARETS. DO YOU INTEND TO SALE YOUR COCKS AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST AND WHERES YOUR LOCATION.

Post Thanks / Like

El Espanol

Jon,

Thanks man yes the Ray Alexander clarets are excellent cutters and they want to be on top all the time of the other rooster. They cross very well and produce awesome battlefowls when crossed with pure hatch, Lacy roundheads, kelso, sweaters and brown reds. Happy Holidays to you too and to everyone.

Patriots gamefarm

Post Thanks / Like

Clarets

Clarets are known for power, speed and deadly cutting
    they come mostly white legged and some yellow legged(depending on the family of claret)
    100% straight combed
    most are a Deep Red Claret wine color (hense the name)
    but ocasionally they will come spangled and white
    cross excellent on hatch although in my opion they are great Pure
    most that ive seen were Dead Game and mine certainly are.originally bred for Gaff competition but have had great success in the long knife. hope this help ya