Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3184

Thread: Clarets

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has quality Claret?

Do you any contact info on the game farms listed above?

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Wallace has some good Clarets, and Cigar has a very good reputation for his Clarets.

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Cigar I've heard.... Best kept secret here on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

lol cigar and ray harris here in texas

Post Thanks / Like

Cigar is the word associated most with good clarets, aswell as Big Sam White from Bama... I know of a very good family up here in Tennessee, probably the best ive personally witnessed.. they came from Walter Hopper some years ago before he got out, no idea where he got them, you guys know him, was well known for making very good uality gaffs back in the day.. if i was buying, id have to go with the ones from one of these 3 guys, i have the man with the hoppers contact info, cigar can be found here and on facebook, and im not sure about mr white, but have heard good things about his griffins.. however i must say this, the ones from post oak gamefarm are all hyped, in my opinion.. because i know 4 men that bought direct from him.. and each of the guys ended up with a different product with different problems, and all of the problems were tough fixes and a couple had to cull due to there being no fix at all.. one because they werent game, and one because they had no style to fix and were lowheaded, to a fatality issue low headed... hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

OH! i forgot to mention another man with high quality clarets.. they are white clarets but came out of red parents in the beginning, Mr Butch aka: Irishcutt... from TN.. not sure if he has many to sell or any, but itd be sure smart idea to try!

Post Thanks / Like

my avatar is a quality claret it was a gift not sure if he sells any or not but they are the old bloodline of claret i traced them back to rolla missouri.

Post Thanks / Like

HOWARD BELK of california

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    my avatar is a quality claret it was a gift not sure if he sells any or not but they are the old bloodline of claret i traced them back to rolla missouri.
    Is that the stone county stuff?? He sure looks good, they perform well for you??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    Is that the stone county stuff?? He sure looks good, they perform well for you??
    a guy in new york sent me a pair last dec very nice birds and nice person also.the stock came from mr. womac who worked for fred on his farm.i like them as good or better than any fowl i have.thanks again dave you are a true cocker. i think they are griffen bloodline mr ettleman was the one that had the bloodline.
    Last edited by blades61; May 18th, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blades61 View Post
    a guy in new york sent me a pair last dec very nice birds and nice person also.the stock came from mr. womac who worked for fred on his farm.i like them as good or better than any fowl i have.thanks again dave you are a true cocker. i think they are griffen bloodline mr ettleman was the one that had the bloodline.

whats the finer points to them? what do you like best about them? And if you dont mind answering, what is their "weapon of choice"

Post Thanks / Like

i own "Howard Belks" madigan clarets by far the best clarets ive seen.

Post Thanks / Like

whats the finer points to them? what do you like best about them? And if you dont mind answering, what is their "weapon of choice"
    i have only had these since dec have some younger ones running around the ones i had a few years back before they were stolen would cross good on any good family and good pure the best thing about good clarets is cut cut cut.

Post Thanks / Like

hotcocker pm me tell me who u talkin off havin good clarets in tenn

Post Thanks / Like

Well from what I've seen Mike Everett has some nice Clarets , single mate , healthy chickens . And the one crossed on his Whitehackle looked like you wouldn't wanna have to mess whit ......
    I would like to try those Cigar Clarets to see what all the hype is about

Post Thanks / Like

Look im not trying to brag but my old man has had his line of clarets for over 20 years and has had satisfied customers he has never had a return but here's another thing my old man said cosas buenas en manos de pendejos no sirven "good things in hands of idiots don't work" my old man has had guys come back and say this bird didn' do good and as soon as they got him from my old man the next week they got him in the pit.
    Last edited by wstsider; May 19th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ttate View Post
    Talk to cigar....he is a member on here.....i hear he has some good ones.......also try mason farms
    I appreciate the comment! We have clarets from chief Lawler (rip) they are of madigan blood. We also have griffins originally from Paul Webster.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Bobby joe manziel clarets...

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the Higginson Clarets, there's a guy here by the name of nmlowery whose got the authentic ones. Contact him and you won't regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

I got clarets from Carol in the early 80's and again later, Carol was a good man, he sent me good fowl. I also have the Bill Baumgardner Claret it too is good.....

Post Thanks / Like

Cigar is the word associated most with good clarets, aswell as Big Sam White from Bama... I know of a very good family up here in Tennessee, probably the best ive personally witnessed.. they came from Walter Hopper some years ago before he got out, no idea where he got them, you guys know him, was well known for making very good uality gaffs back in the day.. if i was buying, id have to go with the ones from one of these 3 guys, i have the man with the hoppers contact info, cigar can be found here and on facebook, and im not sure about mr white, but have heard good things about his griffins.. however i must say this, the ones from post oak gamefarm are all hyped, in my opinion.. because i know 4 men that bought direct from him.. and each of the guys ended up with a different product with different problems, and all of the problems were tough fixes and a couple had to cull due to there being no fix at all.. one because they werent game, and one because they had no style to fix and were lowheaded, to a fatality issue low headed... hope this helps.
    Walter still has some fowl, not as many as before, I went to his house a few months ago. Walter taught me a lot about the chicken business, my father was the orginal breeder of the clarets, Walter made them famous. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I asked about them earlier and seems they came from a Mr Charlie Passmore, is that your dad?? He used to sell suplies in the magazines at one time too!

Post Thanks / Like

My dad's name was Marlin Richardson, we lived just a few miles from Walter. Dad and Walter used to go to RedBay a good bit, late 70's early eighties. Man was that ever an area to grow up in if you were interested in gamecocks, Rush and Shorty Bullock, Johnny Jumper, The Brady's, The Dry Creek boys and many more. I went with Rush to Redbay to my first show, they held up the derby for a couple hours because we hadn't identified our weight slip.
    Yes Walter did make a lot of gaffs and string cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i dont live far from redbay mysel.. just up above florence, by pickwick lake...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    My dad's name was Marlin Richardson, we lived just a few miles from Walter. Dad and Walter used to go to RedBay a good bit, late 70's early eighties. Man was that ever an area to grow up in if you were interested in gamecocks, Rush and Shorty Bullock, Johnny Jumper, The Brady's, The Dry Creek boys and many more. I went with Rush to Redbay to my first show, they held up the derby for a couple hours because we hadn't identified our weight slip.
    Here I am trying to find some carets and I run into a somebody talkin about little old red bay! I've seen a many chikens drive by this house headed to that show. Wish it was still going!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was showing birds I was able to get my hands on some Lanky Luke Clarets and boy did they surprise a lot of people. I crossed some John Sears Boston Roundheads with LL Clarets...WINNERS! I was able to show several "Pure" Clarets in gaff and they earned their respect.

Post Thanks / Like

i got claret send in Philippines last year 2years old the owner told me he won already here in Texas when i take a vacation this March we fight him in hackfight he won again and he still in good condition whats the best thing we need to do with him breed him or fight him again.....

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Who has quality Claret?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybird555 View Post
    Here I am trying to find some carets and I run into a somebody talkin about little old red bay! I've seen a many chikens drive by this house headed to that show. Wish it was still going!
    Red Bay/Vina/Hester's, what ever you called it, mighty good roosters turned loose over the years. Legends of the breed in addition to the smaller breeders.

Post Thanks / Like

The Clarets from Mr. Hopper(or from your dad Catfish) looked different from most of the Clarets advertised out there. The hens will look like brownreds but boy, they are gooduns. Just don't show them as stags...We had good results crossing these Clarets with Carol Higginsons. That was before i quit. My buddy, a member on this board have and is maintaining both sides. He is a close friend of Mr. Hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clarets

I live about 30 minutes from where Howard Suttles lived, bought many chickens from him years ago when he was living> I still have his yellow legged hatch that he said was leipers and his butchers, great fowl and he was a very fair man.