Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCD B1B1 Vaccination

Post Thanks / Like

NCD B1B1 Vaccination

Cockmates, Need some info about this type of vaccine asap, can we vaccinate my chicks eventhough they are still 5-6 days old? what is the dosage? and where to give? (nasal or ocular), can these be given on both 1 drop in the eyes and nose or only one site either nose or eyes? please help, thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NCD B1B1 Vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by ulokandiaMaster
    Cockmates, Need some info about this type of vaccine asap, can we vaccinate my chicks eventhough they are still 5-6 days old? what is the dosage? and where to give? (nasal or ocular), can these be given on both 1 drop in the eyes and nose or only one site either nose or eyes? please help, thank you
    NCD b1b1 7days old. Intraocular 1drop per bird, booster day28 with NCD Lasota 1 drop/bird intraocular..

Post Thanks / Like

darkfowl, so basically its just 1 drop from either thru the eyes or nose right? asking cause got some info from other cockmates that they do 2 sections 1 in the eyes and nose, so do you think that thru the eyes is sufficient enough? thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ulokandiaMaster
    darkfowl, so basically its just 1 drop from either thru the eyes or nose right? asking cause got some info from other cockmates that they do 2 sections 1 in the eyes and nose, so do you think that thru the eyes is sufficient enough? thanks for the help
    yup! 1 drop is the right dose for ND vaccines be it intraocular or nasal.. 1 drop contains enough antigen to stimulate immune response of chickens regardless of age and size.. only antibiotics and vitamins dosage are computed based on body weight.. if excess antigen is introduced or instilled to chickens it is very stressfull and might cause disease outbreaks or vaccination reactions... FYI. SOP give vitamins via drinking water 1day b4 and 4days after vaccination..

Post Thanks / Like

darkfowl,

sir.. ok lang ba na ibigay yung NCD B1B1 kahit 2 months na yung sisiw? meron bang ibang dapat agamitin kapag ganito na ang edad? pls advise..

hanz

archangel

Quote Originally Posted by hansvictor
    darkfowl,

sir.. ok lang ba na ibigay yung NCD B1B1 kahit 2 months na yung sisiw? meron bang ibang dapat agamitin kapag ganito na ang edad? pls advise..

hanz
    Brother Hans> no problemo to administer even with 2mo or older... for a high phase of vaccination program, a chick should be completely within 1mo of age... B1B1, B1-Lasota, Fowl Fox, Gumboro... some gave the Marek's vaccine as well... I prefer this fast phase coz some chicks esp. during the hot climate, are prone to Fowl Fox at an early age of 21days.

... btw... at KAAGPAS POULTRY SUPPLY... they gave b1b1 shots both at 1 eye & 1 nostril... then they advise booster shots after 2weeks... running these great store are registered vets themselves... regards to Drs. Arnel of NFGB, Butch & Ding.

maybe N.C. Yabut could provide more info... ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yes KAAGPAS, met them once in cagayan valley.. their technical people vaccinated one big farm there ncd killed vaccine.
    Last edited by darkfowl; February 28th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: NCD B1B1 Vaccination

Last edited by ncyabut; March 1st, 2007 at 06:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks very informative sir darkfowl,..

Post Thanks / Like

Doc Yabut... I have a pm for you. MY PRC LIC #4405 dated sept 12,1995. PTR #0174116 dated jan19, 2007.. you are a former employee of san miguel corporation.. i worked for ECJ FARMS year 2000 in pontevedra as assistant operations officer.. FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Doc Yabut.. My credentials: 1995-1997 breeder farm vet Tyson Agri Ventures; 1997-2000 breeder and hatchery operations manager Blue Circle FArms Corp.; 2000-2001 ECJ Farms Negros Occ. Assistant Operations Mgr; 2001-present consultant gamebird production CJE (Cong Jack Enrile)..
    Last edited by darkfowl; February 28th, 2007 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pre, I'm not Butch. I'm Butch's cousin. I'm Mark Yabut. Impressive resume.
    Last edited by ncyabut; February 28th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

OK... I just post what i know. You can relay to him my PM to you, i have no problem with that.. you are questioning my profession that's why i post.. My name is in your PM..

Post Thanks / Like

Darkfowl,

I see you have a wider knowledge on gamefowl medicine
    Your long years of experience on said area surely made you a better vet.

Now, for the benifit of our readers, can you enumerate and differentiate
    symptoms of B1B1 from Lasota strain of NCD?

I'm not challenging your expertise but rather I do believe on your long years
    of experience. As they said, " experience" is the best teacher".

Honestly, I also studied on this area. However, my experience is too narrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redvirus
    Darkfowl,

I see you have a wider knowledge on gamefowl medicine
    Your long years of experience on said area surely made you a better vet.

Now, for the benifit of our readers, can you enumerate and differentiate
    symptoms of B1B1 from Lasota strain of NCD?

I'm not challenging your expertise but rather I do believe on your long years
    of experience. As they said, " experience" is the best teacher".

Honestly, I also studied on this area. However, my experience is too narrow.
    Symptoms of b1b1 and Lasota? I cant believe your terminology sir? Symptoms= are signs of the disease and b1b1 and Lasota are strain types of the ND that are used for vaccine production. this is the least virulent of all 3 groups namely: lentogenic, mesogenic and velogenic.. Velogenic is the most pathogenic and easily transmitted, mesogenic shows intermediate pathogenecity, Lentogenic strains chiefly b1b1/lasota in the new world are the vaccines we have now... when you talk of symptoms it is on the velogenic visceroptropic group! sorry if to technical explanation just dont have the dictionary for simple translations of technical terms..

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you darkfowl,

What I mean are the symptoms/signs of the disease prevented by both vaccine.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. As i've posted.. b1b1/lasota strain is the term for the lentogenic group of ND, it is used for vaccine production.. As per symptoms of the neurotropic: respiratory and neurologic signs or pumapalipit ang ulo: viscerotropic: predominates worldwide. watery-greenish diarrhea, swelling of the tissues of the head and neck. Respiratory signs includes: gasping, coughing, sneezing and rales. Nervous signs: drooping of the wings, dragging legs, twisting of the head and neck, circling.. Pathognomonic lesions are seen on the proventriculus of the infected bird as hemorrhagic. this is for the vet's necropsy procedure only..

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: NCD B1B1 Vaccination

darkfowl,

sir im planning to shot b1b1 in sunday for my birds. my question is i have 1 cock schedule for fight on march 18 for e derby...it is advisable to procced with my plan to vaccinate them.im only breeding in my backyard.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem sir... Just make sure you dispose of the mixed b1b1 properly. Boil first the mixed diluent and the empty vial of the vaccine for about 5mins bury it at least 1 foot under the ground.. your chicks should average 7 days old if different ages..

Post Thanks / Like

sir darkfowl my cousin gave my chicks the booster shot ncd lasota at the age of 14 days is that ok?

Post Thanks / Like

Nag b1b1 siya ng 7d.o. tpos boost niya lasota ng 14d.o.?
    Last edited by darkfowl; March 1st, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

darkfowl,

doc, if you don't mind me asking...are you not doc arlo the best friend of gaw aka rolie?
    very nice and very informative topics we got here...thanks

best rgds,
    gaw efren

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EFREN JUMAO-AS
    darkfowl,

doc, if you don't mind me asking...are you not doc arlo the best friend of gaw aka rolie?
    very nice and very informative topics we got here...thanks

best rgds,
    gaw efren

No sir...

Post Thanks / Like

Darkfowl,
    Been using clone30 lasotta. Can that be administered orally 1 drop too? I had a friend VEt who recommended clone 30 for pigeons for PMV. Can it be administered orally instead of the eye or nostril?

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much doc darkfowl
    I now understand

viscerotropic type often struck my small backyard at around 2-4 months old
    killing almost 50% of my cockerels. I suspected improper storage/handling of vaccines.
    So I now buy from other poultry supply in metro manila
    Since then mortality were reduced considerably

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock96
    Darkfowl,
    Been using clone30 lasotta. Can that be administered orally 1 drop too? I had a friend VEt who recommended clone 30 for pigeons for PMV. Can it be administered orally instead of the eye or nostril?

Al
    yup! clone30 is the best ND live vaccine. you can even give it on 1 day old chicks, it cannot be neutralized by maternal antibodies which is usually high at the early life of chicks.

Post Thanks / Like

darkfowl,

lasota po ba un dapat binabaon pgkatapos gamitin? or can we give it also to the rest para di cla matigok?

thanks....

RockIslandRed

To All,

Have you used the "killed" or "inactivated" type NCD vaccine? If you have experience with it, I would appreciate your input as to its effectiveness compared to the live virus types. I sometimes ship birds to the PI and I've been using the killed type vaccine before shipping in an effort to help protect the birds until the B1B1 or LaSota can be adminstered upon arrival in the PI. It's safer and more convienient for me to use b/c I can vaccinate the individual birds that are to be shipped without isolating them from the flock and without fear of spreading the disease among unvaccinated birds. We don't have NCD in the States much and few people routinely vaccinate for NCD. I used the "killed type" vaccine so I wouldn't have to vaccinate the entire flock and introduce the live virus to the entire flock. I did vaccinate with the B1B1 one time years ago and had to disinfect some of the indoor areas b/c the live B1B1 virus survived in the ground and on the structural sufaces of the indoor pens and infected some unvaccinated chicks about six months later, killing about 20%. The live virus wasn't able to survive in the outdoor areas that were exposed to it due to the initial vaccine use, I guess, b/c of the exposure to the sunlight which killed it, so none of the unvaccinated chicks kept in the outdoor areas were affected. I just don't know if the "Killed" type is as good as the live vaccines???

Thanks,

FIS,
    Last edited by RockIslandRed; March 1st, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks darkfowl, so i can have it administered 1 drop via the mouth pala. Thanks.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabaslasher
    darkfowl,

lasota po ba un dapat binabaon pgkatapos gamitin? or can we give it also to the rest para di cla matigok?

thanks....
    Yes lhat ng live vaccine ganyan ang tamang disposal.... yes you can give it to older folws