Page 1 of 68 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Leiper

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper

What should i put over my johnny mitchell leiper. thanks n advance.

El Espaņol
    I would put an steel Asil over them.

Have a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper

How about a Leiper?

It works for me.

Regards,

Tom

fmgomez

Hey Tommy

I would try some Leiper like Tommy says or some roundhead. LOL, Tommy
    Mike

r_ongpin
    Yes, try using Leiper also or RH.

What's the fighting style of your Johnny Mitchell Leipers? Do they break also, or are they basically ground fighters?

Good luck,

Rene

Post Thanks / Like

J. Mitchell Leipers

Just got a pair of Leiper's too from d Ol' Man Johnny Mitchell a month ago, got mine a little lighter in color, they break, side step and shuffle straight w/out bill hold...
    The thing is i think Johnny's Leipers need infusion of another Leiper blood to freshen it up co'z it certainly looks like they are too inbred according to d Ol' Man...

Tom,
    Do you have Johnny's Leiper Line too?

Jerry

alexc

CROSSES

MAN YOU DIDNT EVEN ACKNOWLEGE THAT OTHER THREAD IF YOU REALLY WANT TO FRESHEN UP YOUR STOCK YOU SHOULD TRY NON AMERICAN FOWL BECOUSE THERE BRED FOR ENDURANCE
    AND GAME I MEAN IF YOU WANT TO KEEP BREEDING THEM TO THERE CUSINS YOUR GOING TO GET THE SAME RESULT. YOU KNOW RETARDED FIND YOURSELF SOME SPANISH FOWL AND TEST ONE OUT YOU MIGHT LIKE THE RESULT

Post Thanks / Like
    hi tommy i got a pair of jeff lipper after breeding to mother and son i got grey looking pair from the matting..is that a trow back or what is it.....:hombre:

Post Thanks / Like

Brownred30

I just posted in the Gallery some pix of my Leiper pair from Johnny M, try to take a look if its kinda similar to the leipers u got from him...

Jerry

renealbay
    johnny mitchell are grand old man fighting a lot green leg chicken in the phil. we back in the late 1960,s shipping chickens to the late conrado ferrer and jose peping fernandez an importer of game cocks. fortunate enough to have green legged chicken of johnny mitchell which became 7 time winner. i salute the leipper hatch of johnny similar bloodlines of leiper hatches could be acquired from tommy cooper and jeff h. and the late jimmy east and one very very good leiper bloodline breed from a fellow from palmetto georgia is the late howard suttles verry very good for the knife. one leiper breeder is rat graves of oaklahoma his friend is garry guiliam where cong. claude bautista got his leiper where the broodcock he called bone crusher.

Post Thanks / Like
    clipperman my leipers came from hammertime gamefarm owned by roger brooks. they have the johnny mitchell line. my stag is limping in the left leg. the stag is very dark red in color. the pullets are buff colored. the stag is a good shuffler, throws a lot of feet and doesn't need the beak to hold. ill try to post a pic of my hammer time leiper.

Thaks and Happy New Year.

hatchclaret

about leiper

cliperman is right , no bill hold ,w/side step am not mistaken ,bill morris leiper ..

Post Thanks / Like
    slick lizard has the johnny mitchel liepers i like them crossed on a radio

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently acquired a pair of Leipers fron Slick Lizard, I must say it's one of the prettiest stag I ever seen and the body conformation is second to none. I will post his pic soon when the weather is nicer here. They're very hard hitting family of hatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    they are very good crossed on roundheads... use a roundhead hen X leiper cock...

gamay
    i'm planning to cross them to greys , roundheads , radios and sweaters . hope they'll do good

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Liepers they are a fast powerfull hatch with ability and brains. They think and don't just run in. 1 of my broodcocks broke the finger of a friend and tore the skin with 1 hit when he seperated them while sparing they hit hard.
    They cross well with almost every line and they can compete pure.
    Cheers Mate
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the Leiper type fowl come straight, pea combed or both?

What about leg color Blue, green and black?

Post Thanks / Like

Good Stuff

I got some Leiper Hatch a few years ago from a guy named Jeff Smith. we got 6 pure leiper cocks and one Hen . The cocks went 5 wins and one draw the first time we showed them. one went on to win 3 fights and one other one went for four wins before being retired to the brood pen . The hen has produced many winning cocks and so has the one cock .

Ours come wine red with blue leggs . They kick alot and hard as hell . The leipers I see from Mitchell look just like the ones we got from Jeff Smith.

Some of the best Hatch Blood Ive seen. Ive bred them with My Red Mcraes and pure and either way they are awsome. :rbounce:

Gypsyfarm

Leipers

Having the Mitchell leipers for 4-5 years now. Radio and Kelso has been the best crosses. Breeding to Leiper Hens. Johnny laways breeds a leiper rooster to cross with, but he would go back 3/4 and 1/4 crosses on most all his battle crosses. Those leipers have crossed on every thing for me, making good roosters. Grey,Whitehackle, Blueface and Sweater. Johnny had 2 sides to the leipers,the Right nose side and the six marker side. Those 2 sides crosses were excellent roosters.

Michael Middleton
    www.geocities.com/middletonfowl

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper Hatch?

A friend of mine sent me his trio, one leiper hatch brood cock, one brunner rh and one jjumper kelso hen. I breed the cock over california chet instead, and mate the brunner into sweater. And jumper kelso over my kelso hatchet cock. The leiper hatch kicked really strong but I noticed that he don't brake high. Maybe on my next mating, I will breed him to my Mclean Hatch hen.

Post Thanks / Like

LEIPER

Our Leiper Hatch is from Kelly Green.
    We tried to to cross this hatch to Kelso and Roundhead.
    For the outcome, our fingers are crossed, we'll soon find out.

GMGF

El Espaņol

Johnny Mitchell Leiper

Here is a great picture of a Johnny Mitchell Leiper Hatch.

Johnny Mitchell Leiper Cock

Regards,

gamay

el espanol

this is my johnny mitchell lieper hatch which i aquired from slick lizard

gamay
    sorry here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

kaohu
    I have one that I got from a friend, that he says is rat graves hatch. He looks like the leiper cocks you guys are showing. He has a pea comb, dark red, with blue legs. If anybody knows if thats what rat graves hatches look like please write back.

JBAB_ALAS

Lieper

Here is my lieper stag acquired direct from my young freind Johnny Mitchell. This is the ol man's right nose family.

ooooopppsss can't attach the files cozits too big. i have it on my gallery.

cheers:rbounce:

gamay

kaohu

my lieper stag and pullets are green legged

Gypsyfarm

Johnny Mitchell

When I bought johnny mitchell out 3-4 year ago, this was the little bull rooster he called him. a RN rooster, one of 2 brood roosters he had on the whole place.

Michael Middleton

Gypsyfarm

Six Marker

When i left johhny's place, there were no hens, roosters, baby chicks, or eggs left. He was in bad health at the time. And was getting out of gamefowl. Here is a pic of the other side of the leiper. He called the six marker side. He wanted them called johnny mitchell hatch instead of leiper. This rooster came from one of the eggs out of the big bull rooster.

michael Middleton