Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: Leiper

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i agree with u ylHATCH.... the leiper of johhny mitchell is smart......

Brokewing

Leiper Hatch Pictures

Kogmohon,

You're absolutely right it depends on who's mouth you listen to, but when you here it from Terry Penny himself and his friends from Soddy Daisy, TN, then it has to be more reliable then some cocker who has never been acquainted with Sheril or Terry Penny. Futhermore, there will be no more Penny Hatch coming from the Penny Farm because every feather that was there was sold two years ago. Anyone that claims they bought some Penny Hatch directly from Terry recently, well all I can say is that person is not very trust worthy, but you can listen to whomever. Terry would say this himself but he will be going on vacation for a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

leiper and penny hatch ..

leiper hatch .. someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that jimmy east jr. has some good leipers .. i'll vouch for this .. a lot of these leipers have been fought out our way and i most say that they are one of the most impressive lines of hatch fowl i seen compete in the long knife .. speed speed speed and they've got heart like no one's business .. the ones i seen at least

penny hatch .. don't know much bout this strain of hatch but a few years back a cousin of mine brought some back from california .. never bothered to ask from whom .. all i know is they were some of the most beautiful hatch birds i've seen .. well built, tight feathered, etc ... equally impressive was their ability to fight .. cousin won his fair share of derbies in the 3 months he was out here visitin .. he brought 24 birds out here and half of them were of these hatches .. too bad these good birds were lost in the storm .. guess mother nature didnt want anyone but him to have their hands on them .. lol

ghetto_grappler

Brokewing

The information i heard on the penny is that when Ruble was in the Pen he told Penny to breed his best and Penny crossed the ruble to Leipers...the leipers added the style and the rubles added the gameness...I hear that these Pennys are as game as cocks get......now i would think the gameness came from the rubles for the fact that rubles are game to the core....i heard this info from a breeder that i got some pennys from...

duane campbell

penny's

broke wing .
    i have seen some penny's before here in west ga. a friend of terry's before he did the act that got him that vacation.well they were very good buddy's if ya know what i mean..he went there and got alot of those fowl there ,as that stuff was going down.the white legged roundheads up there were his and him and terry had been trading on goods and fowl.since sherils death i think the fowl had fallen off some.(imho).any how the penny's that i have seen fight have never thrown nor showed any thing but hatch colors no OFF COLORED LEGS i can tell ya more about them this year because they will be coming cock .the ones bred from the stock that was obtained two years ago
    duane campbell
    lieper /doc on my page on tee-pee
    http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/tater3-...st/duanes_game

Brokewing

Leiper Hatch Pictures

Duane,

I am also from Georgia. Terry's friend from W. GA has to be no other than Tommy. Tommy does have the good Penny Hatch, plus, the Lacy RH and Clarets, which Terry was using to make his battle crosses.

Your assessment of the state of Penny Hatch is probably right, they may have loss some of their ability, but in my view it had nothing to do with the chickens, because the good ones are as game as they come. For those that were fortunate to get some of the Pennys while Terry is on vaction, with proper attention and good selection in the brood fowl they will be as good as when Sheril had them. Nevertheless, let me know how yours are coming later in the year. All the best to you.

buhawi
    anybody knows the composition of ruble fowl?my limited knowledge says .......they are......hatch-claret........heavy on the hatch side.correct me if i am wrong......i appreciate if somebody can tell the true composition.

Brokewing

Leiper Hatch Pictures

Buhawi,

Who knows for sure what is all behind the composition of the Ruble Hatch. My good friend in Soddy Daisy, TN, was present when Sheril Penny brought the good Ruble Hatch home. According to my source they were not big roosters and many looked just like the Blue Face Hatch. Most informed game fowl breeders know that Billy Ruble was a close friend of both Sweater McGinnis and Red Richardson. Furthermore, one can assume that all three men shared broodstock from one another. Sweater definitely bred from the Leiper, the Blue Face and the Regular Grey. Therefore, it is not surprising that Billy Ruble had the same game strains.

Furthermore, I would not be surprised if some yards of the Ruble Hatch may have some infusion of the Muff or Toppy that Billy obtained from the late John Kozura. As you know the Ruble Muffs and Toppies were green legged due to his crossing with his Hatch family. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Johnson

Isn't there a breeder in Calfornia by that name - I recall he has a resemblance to Chuck Norris. He used to combine with Cliff Collins of Modesto California if I have it right.

Heard about him Brokewing?

By the way, is the Penn-Tex farm in Denton of Dr. Kozura still on?Those toppies were shown in an Internationa derby in the Philippines way back and had a good score.

Brokewing

Looking for friends, penpals and maybe more.

Unico,

Yes, I have heard of Jimmy Johnson of California. Jimmy Johnson is Charlie Johnson's brother. Charlie is known for his Albanys and he has won more than his share of debries. It was Charlie that told me that he fed and trained roosters for Sheril Penny years ago.

duane campbell

brokewing

where about in georgia are you located ?are you from georgia or the phillipines?do you go to game breeders meets?you seem to know a lot of the same folks i know,thats the reason for the ??? maybe we have met in another time and place ,,,bama pits perhaps
    duane campbell

Brokewing
    Duane,

I live off 20 not far from the B. Abbot Farm. Yes, I do attend the GB meetings. I try to make at least 2 in GA, 1 in TN and 1 in AL. I am going to try to make the meeting on the 8th. If you are able to attend I'll see you there.

duane campbell

b.abbott

i lived in covington for about 6 years ,but that was without fowl..i was in another tima and place then .but still had my friends with fowl mostly on west side .i did manage to get to billys place and talk to his wife and oldman that lived out back in that apartment ..i met chewy they was all nice folks thats was about a month after billy died .everyone had flog his place trying to get his special fowl... lol.. he was a great roosterman and is still missed today.i use to meet my babies momma at that krystal off turner hill to swap kids for weekend..lol.i will be seeing you around i'm sure.
    duane

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear a man (CL) in KY has the good stuff (Kimper farms) as to the Penny Hatch.

Got to correspond with him regarding the Doc R's (Crooked Breast line)

Isn't Roger Roberts fr. GA. How's he doing there. He's figured prominently in the Worlds Slasher derbies in the Philippines with his Chets.

raytalisayon

leiper hatch and your experience with this fowl

need some help guys... i want to acquire leiper hatch but before i want to ask about your experience with this fowl or some history or blood composition.any opinions and inputs are highly appreciated

karan
    these are knifefowl and has a lot of bottom, can cross well with lightfowl..kelso,or roundheads:hippie:

raytalisayon
    karan
    thanks,have you experience pitting the cock without crosses,i mean as pure.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best families of hatch in my opinion, They have all the good attributes for good fowl, Power, speed , bottom and good cutting ability, They are a shuffling type of hatch cock and fire multiple licks with power behind them, We have had them and done real well in the gaff with them pure and crossed with ouyr roundheads and muggs, They make the best crossing foundationf fowl as they don't take away from the speed of the rh's and blacks like other slower families of hatch do. They will shake another bird to pieces. and have the HEART to make you proud to own them. YFIS dennywh

birdbrain
    who would be a good repudible breeder in the southeastern united states

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper Hatch

Mr. Johnny Mitchell of Tenn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well another one would be Jeff Hudspeth of Cedar Creek farms. They have some of the best on the circuit now, and Mine ain't to shabby. I will definitely be breeding them for some time to come. YFIS dennywh

Post Thanks / Like
    my liepers came from mike middleton of gypsy farm. he bought
    out johnny mitchell when he retired. they are excellent in lk cross
    or straight.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine is sanford (sandy hatch)
    and jeff hudsfeth they are great.....

zambales
    i had the leiper hatch from jeff judspeth i fight them pure and have good winning percentage...their too smart for crossing..

i still have the col. givens hatch they can't fight pure but their great in crossing for battlefowls...

mick,Bluefaces
    u gotta love em when ur proud to stand by em or hold mine is my own blend of leiper hatch/ mclean hatch and some ylh blood thur my own basass line of hatch

Post Thanks / Like

Leiper

As I have said numerous times, when starting a gamefowl breeding program you need a foundation family. My reccomendation for many years now has been the Leiper. Probably many of you on here are tired of my continued resolve that the Leipers are the best family to began a breeding program.

The Leipers are well suited for slasher fowl in the PI due to their inherient intelligence and gameness. We have shown them there both straight and crossed with excellent results.

They are not only for the beginner, but to strenghten an existing operation. My good friend, James Chiongbian, prior to his death, ordered several matings of the Leipers and quite many battlefowl. For me, this was quite the testimonial of the respect he had acquired for them after seeing and meeting them in Araneta.

Still my reccomendation after 40 years!!!!!

Best of luck to all this upcoming stag season and Jeff and I are planning on returning to Manila this January to join a couple of derbies.

Regards,

Tom

raytalisayon
    thanks a lot guys,
    is there a particular roundhead or kelso family that blends well with leiper..or any other bloodline(s) for that matter..and again any inputs are highly appreciated...more wins to come guys

el gwapo
    we got our leiper from johhny mitchell...they are smart when they fight...flyer then they have bottom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone here knows Jerry Watkins of NC who breeds Leipers and roundheads?

I saw 2 very good looking leipers last week the owner said they came from Jerry Watkins.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice