Thread: winner badly wounded

slash4u13

Exclamation winner badly wounded

hey good day to all of you...... i have little problem...... i have a cock....... a two year old black hennie.......2x winner recently......he has worse wounds in him....as in grabe.... now he died two days after..... i fougth him sunday, then at tuesday morning i hand fed him egg white...... and one sip of water.......coz i was worried he have no food and water for one day.......what the hell. he died at 2 pm....... now what went wrong..... is it the water i gave him.. or the egg white.......pls. help me figure it out.....i was just a beginner here.......i got one question in mind........ how many days should i give food or water to my cock after he wins with fatal wounds in him......advise badly needed.....i truly appreciated it......

Heart of Panay , Passi City , Iloilo , Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: winner badly wounded

Before we can answer to your querry...Can u tell us what is the severity of his wounds?Does the "chicken doctor"treat the wounds properly?Did you give some antibiotics after the treatment of his wounds?Then, we can go to the conclusion...

Post Thanks / Like

how many days should i give food or water to my cock after he wins with fatal wounds in him......advise badly needed.....One important rule after the fowl has won..."Don't feed the wounded warrior right on the next day after the fight."Do this whether the wound is severe or not....to those who have superficial wounds,feeding may start 1 day after the fight with soft diet given as in the regular feeding...soft maybe formulated by mixing 25% pellets,25%egg whites and 50% cooked rice....moisten the mixture with milk and water-soluble electrolytes....when the wounds heal,revert to your regular feed...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slash4u13
    hey good day to all of you...... i have little problem...... i have a cock....... a two year old black hennie.......2x winner recently......he has worse wounds in him....as in grabe.... now he died two days after..... i fougth him sunday, then at tuesday morning i hand fed him egg white...... and one sip of water.......coz i was worried he have no food and water for one day.......what the hell. he died at 2 pm....... now what went wrong..... is it the water i gave him.. or the egg white.......pls. help me figure it out.....i was just a beginner here.......i got one question in mind........ how many days should i give food or water to my cock after he wins with fatal wounds in him......advise badly needed.....i truly appreciated it......
    pareko never never feed you chiken when hes wounded the more liwuids or any food substance he gets in his body the more he will screte all this juices the main thing that u want to do is make it as dry as possible dont even feed him depending on severity.. i had a badly wounded cock before didnt feed him for a week or more probably 8 days id rather have him hskinny as hell rather than dead if he recovers he will gain his same body at no time..

slash4u13

yes....... the chicken doctor did well........ as he said........i personnally supervise him.......he said "he will live".....yes i gave the warrior antibiotics......hes better.....but after i hand feed feed of egg white and one sip of water after two days he just turns in to blue........ as if its drowning....or suffocated or something........it bothers me alot.....its like i killed my warrior.....i feel so sorry bout what i done.......

Post Thanks / Like

For major injuries...provide only electrolytes on the first day....if the crop(butse) or the digestive organs are wounded...withhold feed for five days and give only electrolytes(3dips a day).....You may also give dextrose(intravenous)or do tube feeding(consult your vet about this)....

slash4u13

sir mataban.. thanks alot for ur advise........the thing is.... i was worried bout my cock... he didn't have food and water for one day......thats the reason i gave him food and water after two days..... now it causes his life..........i have learn from my mistakes.....experience is the best teacher..........ur rigth better skinny than dead......at least he can recover......now its gone.......i'm suppose to breed him after he recovers......i want to propagate black hennies......its gone......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slash4u13
    sir mataban.. thanks alot for ur advise........the thing is.... i was worried bout my cock... he didn't have food and water for one day......thats the reason i gave him food and water after two days..... now it causes his life..........i have learn from my mistakes.....experience is the best teacher..........ur rigth better skinny than dead......at least he can recover......now its gone.......i'm suppose to breed him after he recovers......i want to propagate black hennies......its gone......

well we learn through our experiences and sometimes it has to be the hard way.. its ok theres nothing you can do now about it.. just for the future.. let this give u a good lesson and learn from it.. me personally i dont give them any feed NOTHING not even water or sumthing.. only his vits and antibiotic as long as u see his wounds are dry the you can start nourishing him little by little.. liquids and any other food that you give him like i said causes that blueish color to his body and makes it the main reason for him to die..

slash4u13

thank you sir mataban.......appreciate it.....may u have more winnings sir.......god bless.......

Post Thanks / Like

even if my partner thinks his bird has won without any cuts, he will not give water or feed until he can thoroughly check him the next morning. if he has been hit, he will withold feed and water for at least two days. he will also sew the wounds the following day, after the fight.

the only thing each wounded bird gets the first night is an antibiotic pill.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he was just to badly cut. It might just be that. But for me as a rule of thumb I don't feed for at least 3 days after a fight if he has been cut 5 days for serious wounds.

slash4u13

copy that crokkedtoe......salamat......
    meticuluso pala partner mo kaimukirich.......thanks

toothpickcharly

Bro if his badly wounded, give him a decent funeral. lol

Post Thanks / Like

i once had a pasay cockpit winner that had been badly cut-up during a fight and after bringing him to a cockpit doctor, i was assured that my gamecock will live since he suffered only superficial flesh wounds. after a couple of days, the cock still died. a few hours prior to his last breath, i've noticed that the cock was shivering and was pale blue. the only medications i gave him was a 500 mg antibiotic right after being stitched-up after the fight and another capsule a day after, with just a few sips of water to wash down the drug.

since I'm suspicious that the cockpit vet mis-informed me of the actual condition of my fighter, i decided to conduct an autopsy and sure enough, i saw that his liver was cut and left untreated. i was informed later that eventhough the liver was sutured back to form, the cock still had a very slim chance of surviving because an internal organ was damaged.

my point here is that the 'quack-pit vet' should've inspected every wound on my gamecock's body and informed me of his findings, serious or not, so that i will not be made to believe that my rooster will recover in due time. if there are really no mortal wounds sustained by your fighter, slash4u13, i see no reason why he shouldn't fight another day... unless, of course, if his constitution is weak and he succumbs even to minor wounds. then, that is another story.

hope this helps...