Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuable Conditioning Tips

Accredited Merchant tjtcokngacademy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Valuable Conditioning Tips

Grains have certain bacteria in them. This depends on the way they are stored, dried or processed. Moisture content of each grain also varies depending on the source or area where they came from.....the weather.....and the way they were dried (processed). If you buy at different times during the keep, you won't have the same quality of grains. This will affect your fowl's digestive system and consequently, their performance. For the real meticulous feeder, what I mean is that you don't want to change the bacterial content in the grains in the middle of the keep and specially during pointing. If for example, you are on your 18th day of conditioning, then you are forced to buy new corn, stress in their digestive system will set in because the microflora in the gut will be greatly affected by the new bacteria. New corn will result to green droppings and you don't want that to happen on fight day.

I would like others to share some inputs in this thread. Remember that no one???? has ever perfected the art of conditioning and I would still have an open mind to learn from other fellow cockers.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; June 2nd, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doc TJT's Tips on Conditioning

your right doc...thanks for sharing this to us ...hi guys! give us some of your ideas about conditioning.

savvy_chick

Good morning Doc TJT and hello peeps. I have very little to share on conditioning as I am a novice to the sport and especially on breeding. So much to learn...and I'm going to be reading this thread as often as I can.

Question Doc TJT...following your first post on feeds used for conditioning....how long must we keep the feeds to be used for conditioning? Hmmm...not sure if this question makes sense...but I'm certain Doc that you get an idea of my point in question.

Look forward to your response. Appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Marie

Post Thanks / Like

how about adding 15% - 20% of a new mixture to the base mixture for each week as we consume. thus maintaining the base mixture without removing the initial bacteria that was introduced to our fighting cocks.

just my two cents

Post Thanks / Like

savvy_chick
    The longer you store the grains, the bigger the possibility of depleting its nutritive value.

Superboy
    It would be more practical to buy the feed supply for the whole keep. Presuming, you weren't able to calculate the amount of feeds to be consumed, what you've suggested is the best option. But, you will still be bothered by the fact that this can upset the digestive system of the chickens being conditioned.

Post Thanks / Like

doc...how are you? do you remember the two time winner without tari at the cebu seminar? i brought it home with me...he won his fifth and the derby last night still unscratch...should i breed him doc?

g-ayo

i add holding ration pellets in thier feed to give them more chest and broad shoulders..instead of calf manna..

savvy_chick

Doc TJT:

Thanks for the advice po.

Cheers,
    Marie

savvy_chick

Kogmohon:

Hello Lee...how are u doing? If I'm not mistaken we met at the CF Mandaue Derby last year....am I correct?

Cheers,
    Marie

SkYLine

sir, do u have a book or vcd or dvd regarding proper handling and conditioning? PM me the price please. thanks

skyline

Post Thanks / Like

kogmohon

Quote fr. Kogmohon:
    doc...how are you? do you remember the two time winner without tari at the cebu seminar? i brought it home with me...he won his fifth and the derby last night still unscratch...should i breed him doc?

I remember that bird.....he was the one who was supposed to be killed(sacrificial lamb) during our "knife tying session" in the Academy. But suprisingly, the bird (with the knife) was hit in the head and ran, shocking everyone........ I would describe it as an AMAZING WIN!!
    Breeding him.....is your choice?. If I were in your shoes, I would blend him with one of your gamest blood in your farm to erase any doubt on the gameness that his offspring might carry in their line.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 27th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

In my book, "On Gamecock Conditioning" i mentioned Jockey Oats as one of the ingredients in the ration. I would like to elaborate more on the proper preparation of Jockey Oats for our birds.
    The chicken's digestive system is not adapted for fiber feeding. If we feed Jockey Oats as dry, chances are, you'll find traces of undigested hull in their droppings. The best solution is to soak the Jockey Oats first before feeding them. In fact, we must soak them until they are about to sour, (for 3 days), for better digestibility. However, after more than 4 days, it becomes rancid and would smell bad. To avoid this, soak only the exact amount and put it inside the refrigerator and add 1 tbsp honey in the water. This would slow down the fermentation process.

Remember.. the proper way to feed Jockey Oats is to soak it not more than 3 days.
    Oversoaking it, (sour and fermented) would only give your roosters.... diarrhea problem.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; April 28th, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

CORN contains the highest calories next to red rice. That is why it is ideal for carboloading. It can make your roosters heavy when given alone and fats would accumulate in the gut (sapola) making it harder for your rooster to fly. You can obsreve a yellowish pigmentation in their skin, which indicates that he is fat. It is best to start CORN at 30% of the mixture and just increase it in the last few days gradually to load your bird with "CARBO" giving him the SNAP on fight day.

I usually lower the amount of corn when it's hot, because it makes thm warm. In times of colds and rainy days, i increase my CORN.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc,
    What I can suggest is to set aside the amount of feed you will be needing for the entire keep and put it in an air tight container and store it in a cool dry place away from sunlight. As we all know, the humidity in the Philippines is always high. Moisture attracts mold and I believe that it is one of the main causes of chicken mortality. It can hit very fast and within a few days it can kill your chicken. Early signs of this is the chicken being crop bound.

Just sharing.

R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_chick
    Kogmohon:

Hello Lee...how are u doing? If I'm not mistaken we met at the CF Mandaue Derby last year....am I correct?

Cheers,
    Marie

yes savvy chic and i'm still wearing a wounded heart from you babe....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: kogmohon

Quote Originally Posted by tjtcokngacademy
    Quote fr. Kogmohon:

I remember that bird.....he was the one who was supposed to be killed(sacrificial lamb) during our "knife tying session" in the Academy. But suprisingly, the bird (with the knife) was hit in the head and ran, shocking everyone........ I would describe it as an AMAZING WIN!!
    Breeding him.....is your choice?. If I were in your shoes, I would blend him with one of your gamest blood in your farm to erase any doubt on the gameness that his offspring might carry in their line.

thanks doc...i will try it...

joeydancer

Doc,
    You have something for brittle pecker? I have one in here whose beak get cracked often, thanks.
    joey
    Last edited by joeydancer; May 1st, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry Doc medyo naconfuse ako,sabi doon sa 14 day keep feed nyo ay 50 % dapat ang corn content sa regular na patuka tapos dito sa tips nyo sa conditioning ay start at 30% ang corn,anong pong tama dito --salamat po ulit

Post Thanks / Like

MAKIKIRAAN LANG MGA KAKMEYTS AT MAG IINVITE NA RIN.... PALABAN ITO NG CAVITE CYBERKADA COCKERS CLUB (C4)

PAHABOL SA TAG LUGON 2 COCK DERBY

DATE: JUNE 29
    ENTRY FEE: 3.3K
    MIN. BET: 3.3K
    GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE: PhP 120,000.00
    VENUE : ARCONTICA COLESIUM

SUBMISSION OF WEIGHT : 10AM - 4PM (DAY Of FIGHT)
    DERBY START : 7 PM

HOSTED BY : C4, TMCCC, EIW

UP DATE LANG NATIN...

Pledged Entries:

1. C4 Godfather TMCCC
    2. Market TMCCC
    3. El Kabo TMCCC
    4. Lito TMCCC
    5. Engr Inoy TMCCC
    6. Mossimo TMCCC
    7. Maestro TMCCC
    8. Danny P TMCCC
    9. CNN TMCCC
    10. CARTER/BASTE TMCCC
    11. C4 JOCSENA
    12. C4 WALDAS
    13. WANDERLUST - C/O SIR ANGEL TMCCC
    14. C4 REDSAND
    15. C4 Edong
    16. C4 Mojo/Samburikit
    17. C4 EQUALIZER/COBRA COMBINE 1
    18. C4 EQUALIZER/COBRA COMBINE 2
    19 C4 Kompressor (no fight kay hi-Ace)
    20 C4 Hi-ace
    21. AERO365 I
    22. AERO365 II

PLUS 10 ENTRIES C/O EIW

SALI NA MGA KAKMEYTS....

tibong_75

To fellow sabungeros,

Doc Teddy Tancahanco will not be able to answer our queries regarding chickens for 1 week starting today for the reson that his PC is still under repair and being upgraded for him to comfortably accomodate our concerns.

How ever, We are still open for reservation for our May 17,18,19 seminar at the TJT Cocking academy. Please contact Dexter Guce for reservation at 09183067589 or 09178730204.

Next to that will be June 7,8,9

We are looking forward for your understanding and continuous patronage to the TJT Cocking Academy.

Dexter guce

Post Thanks / Like

up lang po pra sa avatar salmat po....

Post Thanks / Like

..up Ko Rin For My Avatar..hehhe

coolchico

Quote Originally Posted by godfather
    MAKIKIRAAN LANG MGA KAKMEYTS AT MAG IINVITE NA RIN.... PALABAN ITO NG CAVITE CYBERKADA COCKERS CLUB (C4)

PAHABOL SA TAG LUGON 2 COCK DERBY

DATE: JUNE 29
    ENTRY FEE: 3.3K
    MIN. BET: 3.3K
    GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE: PhP 120,000.00
    VENUE : ARCONTICA COLESIUM

SUBMISSION OF WEIGHT : 10AM - 4PM (DAY Of FIGHT)
    DERBY START : 7 PM

HOSTED BY : C4, TMCCC, EIW

UP DATE LANG NATIN...

Pledged Entries:

1. C4 Godfather TMCCC
    2. Market TMCCC
    3. El Kabo TMCCC
    4. Lito TMCCC
    5. Engr Inoy TMCCC
    6. Mossimo TMCCC
    7. Maestro TMCCC
    8. Danny P TMCCC
    9. CNN TMCCC
    10. CARTER/BASTE TMCCC
    11. C4 JOCSENA
    12. C4 WALDAS
    13. WANDERLUST - C/O SIR ANGEL TMCCC
    14. C4 REDSAND
    15. C4 Edong
    16. C4 Mojo/Samburikit
    17. C4 EQUALIZER/COBRA COMBINE 1
    18. C4 EQUALIZER/COBRA COMBINE 2
    19 C4 Kompressor (no fight kay hi-Ace)
    20 C4 Hi-ace
    21. AERO365 I
    22. AERO365 II

PLUS 10 ENTRIES C/O EIW

SALI NA MGA KAKMEYTS....
    ok yan sir ah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tibong_75
    To fellow sabungeros,

Doc Teddy Tancahanco will not be able to answer our queries regarding chickens for 1 week starting today for the reson that his PC is still under repair and being upgraded for him to comfortably accomodate our concerns.

How ever, We are still open for reservation for our May 17,18,19 seminar at the TJT Cocking academy. Please contact Dexter Guce for reservation at 09183067589 or 09178730204.

Next to that will be June 7,8,9

We are looking forward for your understanding and continuous patronage to the TJT Cocking Academy.

Dexter guce
    Hello Dexter Whats Up Man? Hope everything is going well.

irenea

Good Day! Doc Teddy would like to apologize for not having replied to your queries because aside from upgrading his computer, he is currently in Tagaytay for the scheduled seminar. He wants you to continue posting your ideas & questions in this thread and he promises to reply to them as soon as he gets back.
    Incidentally, the next academy schedule is on June 7, 8 & 9. Kindly make your reservations as soon as possible by texting/calling 09178730204/09209506492.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeydancer
    Doc,
    You have something for brittle pecker? I have one in here whose beak get cracked often, thanks.
    joey
    The upper beak should always be monitored for proper trimming (using a nail cutter) whenever it grows unproportionately to the lower beak. An over grown upper beak can result to a break (cracked beak) especially when it accidentally hits a hard surface.
    In your stag's case, to lessen the break line, you can smoothen the surface of the beak by using a small file or sand paper.
    Feeding them from a clay pot can strengthen & help maintain the beak into its normal length.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chargers
    sorry Doc medyo naconfuse ako,sabi doon sa 14 day keep feed nyo ay 50 % dapat ang corn content sa regular na patuka tapos dito sa tips nyo sa conditioning ay start at 30% ang corn,anong pong tama dito --salamat po ulit
    Although this works for some, I recommend that you use the formulation found in my book (30%corn) especially now that it is summer.

Post Thanks / Like

would you recommend safflower & sunflower as part of your conditioning tips? By how much if yes?

Post Thanks / Like

doc, sa 14 day conditioning keep nyo, sa gabi po naka position ang table work out ninyo. ok lang po ba ilipat ito sa umaga 4am,after ng scratch box.. meron po ba reason kung bakit sa gabi dapat gawin ang table workouts? thanks

sa book nyo po ba eh meron conditioning method for stags?

Post Thanks / Like

salamat ulit Doc