Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuable Conditioning Tips

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Doc TJT's Tips on Conditioning

doc teddy can i introduces my pointing feeds as early as 4 days b4 fyt den gradually increase the quatity of corn til fyt day? so not to stress the digestion of fowls?
    lastly my pointing feed mixture as follows:
    1;royal concentrate
    2;corn
    3;raisin
    4;egg white
    5;pearl barley
    6;raw banana
    anything i need to add doc? tnx in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doc TJT's Tips on Conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by ryanalbert
    doc teddy can i introduces my pointing feeds as early as 4 days b4 fyt den gradually increase the quatity of corn til fyt day? so not to stress the digestion of fowls?
    1;royal concentrate
    2;corn
    3;raisin
    4;egg white
    5;pearl barley
    6;raw banana
    Friendly and brotherly advice,

Condition your roosters the Tjt way and point them the Tjt way
    It does not matter so much even your cocks are just class "C"
    As long as they were conditioned and pointed properly
    If you were able to let class "C" cocks move properly , then....
    how much more for those class "A"s?

epc
    Last edited by redvirus; December 10th, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Accredited Merchant tjtcokngacademy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanalbert
    1;royal concentrate
    2;corn
    3;raisin
    4;egg white
    5;pearl barley
    6;raw banana
    Corn is what i use for my pointing feed.
    In my opinion, the simpler your pointing feed the better.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

roiz

Doc Teddy,
    Gud pm. Favor naman..Pwede po ba makahingi sa inyo nung Revised Medication Chart nyo na nasa revised edition? Kasi po yung first edition nyo ang may kopya ako. paki send na lang po thru e-mail. It would be a great help. Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like

Doc TJT,
    Can you confirm academy dates in January are 17, 18, 19th? How do you ensure that handlers are able to bring back knowledge if main medium of instruction is English, and do they get given notes/material to bring back? Can't leave it all to memory, I guess.

Also, please publish or PM me the cost for the academy. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slwnstdy
    Doc TJT,

Can you confirm academy dates in January are 17, 18, 19th? How do you ensure that handlers are able to bring back knowledge if main medium of instruction is English, and do they get given notes/material to bring back? Can't leave it all to memory, I guess.

Also, please publish or PM me the cost for the academy. Thanks.
    Our schedule for January is confirmed for January 17, 18 & 19. The academy's medium of instruction is Tagalog with some English....in other words, TAGLISH. Lecture materials & handouts are provided and everyone is given the time to take down notes. What is important is that your handler has the desire to learn May hilig sa pagmamanok).
    Our hands-on approach makes it easier for them to understand and implement the various procedures & treatments that is needed in your farm.
    Chicken talk continues in the evening after dinner and everyone is given the chance to ask all his questions. As an academy graduate, I will be ready to assist my students on whatever problems they may encounter in the future.
    We've had students coming from all over the Philippines (Visayans & Ilocanos) and they have all benefited from this workshop.
    If you wish to reserve a slot for January, kindly text or call 09178807362.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; December 18th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redvirus
    Friendly and brotherly advice,

Condition your roosters the Tjt way and point them the Tjt way
    It does not matter so much even your cocks are just class "C"
    As long as they were conditioned and pointed properly
    If you were able to let class "C" cocks move properly , then....
    how much more for those class "A"s?

epc
    sir redvirus tnx alot for d advice im just a beginner trying to improve my conditioning, tnx alot agen sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjtcokngacademy
    Corn is what i use for my pointing feed.
    In my opinion, the simpler your pointing feed the better.
    doc teddy tnx alot il follow it doc............ more power doc!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, doc. please reserve one place for us. We will deposit into you account. I understand the meeting place will be the same?

Post Thanks / Like

The meeting place is at the Thunderbird Head Office- which is @ #86 Mayflower St. Mandaluyong just behind EDSA Central (near Shaw Blvd, crossing). 7:30AM on Jan 17 (Thurs).
    I will need the complete name & cell number of the person who will be attending the workshop so that we can coordinate with him directly. Kindly send me a PM or call me @ 09178807362.
    Thanks
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; December 18th, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

We have registered, pls await direct payment to your BPI account.

Post Thanks / Like

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    & A
    PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR
    TO
    ONE & ALL!
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

As we enter 2008, TJT Cocking Academy will continue it's mission to broaden the knowledge of each & every cocker through it's detailed HANDS-ON technology to enable the students to visualize and comprehend easily through actual demonstrations and lectures, the knowledge they seek in all aspects of gamefowl health care.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

Nature has provided our chickens the 3 G's they need, in order for them to reach their genetic potential. Therefore, it is a must to provide them these essential 3 G's :
    Grains
    Grass
    Grits
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year To all

Post Thanks / Like

Happy new years to everyone!

Doc I've been wondering what kind of corn you prefer for pointing?There are some big yellow corn that is soft,some small yellow corn that is harder,some red colored corn that is hard, and regular popcorn?I have found that the the hard flint corn gives a good "crisp" feeling cock , but the softer corn cracked seems to pass easier and is easier to control?Which is your preference and expierences?

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zacdaddy77

Doc I've been wondering what kind of corn you prefer for pointing?There are some big yellow corn that is soft,some small yellow corn that is harder,some red colored corn that is hard, and regular popcorn?I have found that the the hard flint corn gives a good "crisp" feeling cock , but the softer corn cracked seems to pass easier and is easier to control?Which is your preference and expierences?

,Zac

I didn't think about it but, there may not be as many choices of corn in PI.Is corn just corn?Or .....?

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

,Zac

..........hello? bump.

loreto rico

hi Doc,

good pm, available ba sa bookstore ang revised edition ng conditioning mo?

regards from cebu...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Doc Teddy,

Ask ko lang po kung ano pa po bang Books, VCD, DVD na gawa po ninyo maliban po sa "On Gamecock Conditioning" at magkano po bawat isa at saan po ito mabibili maliban sa inyo. Salamat po ng marami Doc ...

Sabong.NET.Ph
    Cocker of the Year 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Doc Ted,
    Hi! Just want to greet you a belated season's greetings and hope that the academy is still alive and imparting its wisdom to most of the cockfighting afficionados. Just arrived last January 14 after serving six months on board a chemical tanker. My first batch of experiments (as I call them) are not so bad. 2 out of 3 (wins) is not so bad considering that I am just a neophyte and it is thru the wisdom that you imparted during the seminar that I learned the proper method of rearing and raising gamefowls. Now that my nephew has gained the experience of the proper rearing of gamefowls, I will be some of my shipmates in Iloilo and Bacolod to get the proper breeding materials for the farm. Kudos and good luck to you doc and all the staff of TJT Cocking Academy. It is true that you will join the World Slasher this coming January? I'll try to see how your gamebirds will fare (sure win!) especially if you are joining hands with atty. amba. More power Doc!

Renne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyogi
    Hello Doc Teddy,

Ask ko lang po kung ano pa po bang Books, VCD, DVD na gawa po ninyo maliban po sa "On Gamecock Conditioning" at magkano po bawat isa at saan po ito mabibili maliban sa inyo. Salamat po ng marami Doc ...

Sorry Doc Teddy I was on a wrong thread ...

Post Thanks / Like

Before each feeding, feel the crop of the cocks to determine which of them has trouble, digesting their feed and adjust accordingly. A meticulous feeder would treat and feed his birds individually.
    It usually takes about 7 to 8 hours...to digest the 35gms-40gms of feed given to each rooster during conditioning. Two hours before the afternoon feed, their crop must already be empty. This suggests that their digestive system is functioning well.
    On the other hand, digestion & metabolic rates are slower while the cocks sleep. Some don't digest well when they are caged. If you notice this, take him out of the coop to him move or you can make him pass the night, in the teepee.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; January 23rd, 2008 at 01:46 AM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

The chickens body transforms food by means of various chemical processes, including adenosintriphosphate (ATP). If large amounts of creatine phosphate is stored in their muscles, it would enable them to perform well in the pit.
    ATP is the universal fuel for muscles, needed by all living organisms as a source of energy. Instead of using the synthetic form (CREATINE), it is simpler to load energy the natural way....... and this is what I call CARBO-LOADING.
    Carbohydrates is the main source of energy for cocks in training. Like human athletes getting ready for competition, the gamecock must store enough energy in his body to be used during the fight for his life. The critical days in conditioning which is the last 4 days before the fight, finds the trainer wanting to load up his gamecock with as much energy as possible to give him the much needed powe. This is done by "Carbo-Loading".
    Simply put, "Carbo-Loading" means the technique of increasing (loading-up) carbohydrates in their diet (pointing feed) during the last 4 days of the keep as part of "pointing".

The detailed procedure on Carbo-Loading Technique is shown in my video, On Gamecock Conditioning
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; February 9th, 2008 at 12:30 AM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

Water should be available to them all throughout the day during the entire keep except the last 2 days.
    Giving them the freedom to have a dust bath would enable them to regulate their body temperature to it's normal level.
    Spraying the surroundings with cool water every 3 hours would eliminate hotness. Remember that...HEAT is the main reason why they drink too much water.
    Always remember to check his crop few hours before feeding time because a rooster that can not pass his last feed before feeding time..is a bad sign.
    Provide STONE GRITS at all times except the last 4 days.
    Whenever you do your selection,always prioritize on those roosters with a tremendous appetite.

Laging tandaan:
    "Ang manok na mabilis niyang inuubos ang kaniyang pagkain" ay "mabilis din nyang pinapatay ang kanyang kalaban".
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; February 9th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot doc dami talaga naming natututuhan sa inyo
    keep it up and more power!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did already some tips on your conditioning method Doc. & it comes out really great. I'll keep on browsing this thread to get some more inputs from you & from fellow kasabong. So. please... please...please post some more!!!
    Again. many thanks to you & more POWER to you all!

Post Thanks / Like

,Zac

The crack corn (hammermilled) that i use to point my roosters, is actually the same corn (yellow-orange corn) that i use from the start of the keep. This way, there won't be any changes when it comes to it's bacterial content and the drying process of the grains.
    Being a meticulous conditioner, one would prevent sudden changes during fight day.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; March 4th, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

gud day doc...jus wana ask bout the proper administration of testosterone in stags in preparation for stag derbies..

Post Thanks / Like

You have to understand that, some stags have different reactions whenever they are subjected to a" hormone therapy". It is called idiosyncrasy. Simply put, "What is good for one stag might not be as good in terms of reaction to other stags.".
    Basically, testosterone is an oily solution (slowly absorbed) and the proper way to administer it, is by injecting it deep intramuscularly (use Guage 19 .....1 1/2 inch needle) to be absorbed effectively .
    Secondly, testosterone shots should be given in series because it requires an "accumulative effect " for it to be effectively absobed into their system. This is done by administering the drug 0.5 cc (testosterone 1,000mcg/ ml) ,on a weekly basis for 6 consecutive weeks , in order to reach the desired "accumulative effect ". In this way, they would reach their maximum pit performance after undergoing a Hormone Keep.
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; March 9th, 2008 at 11:13 PM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21