Thread: Gerard Spangled

Hector SV

Gerard Spangled

Sir Emoy Gorgonia, Sir Boy Diaz, gentlemen, ladies, anyone, please help me get info about this particular dark spangled gamefowl. Their origin and phenotype? Are they dead game? Do they have power and stamina? Do they cross well with other bloodlines? Are there local breeders who maintain them pure? Thanks guys.

edmundo

Re: Gerard Spangled

they're basically harold brown mcleans with some bates spangle hatch blood,according to dee cox and bud mcpherson, two people who have these spangles. like typical mcleans, they have gameness and power. i just don't know who in the philippines have and are breeding these spangles. the spangles that are dong good are of of course the manziel spangle hatches of mike and tonio romulo. i don't know if these two spangles are related, don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hector SV
    Sir Emoy Gorgonia, Sir Boy Diaz, gentlemen, ladies, anyone, please help me get info about this particular dark spangled gamefowl. Their origin and phenotype? Are they dead game? Do they have power and stamina? Do they cross well with other bloodlines? Are there local breeders who maintain them pure? Thanks guys.

i have the gerard from dee cox and the manziel spangled mclean they spar very good...
    my farm manager wants to go different direction...he wants all red...both cocks won
    prelims at rambulan and will see some more action again at the wsc...i got some biddies
    and the cocks wives...

Hector SV

Cool Re: Gerard Spangled

Thanks Sirs Edmundo and Kogmohon. I hope i can have updates on d results of ur gerards fights Sir Kogmohon plus your expert observation on d breed's pros and cons. I actually seen them in a broodyard of a breeder from Laguna but i never really saw them fight in bigtime derbies against top bloodlines. Just wondering what bloodline could be infused to them so they could be more competitive with both genotype and phenotype maintained. More power po mga Sir.

expressdelivery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my multiple winner
    deecox gerard spangle hatch broodcock
    from a breeder from georgia

i crossed him to bulik apatot hens
    last breeding season

--------------------------------------------

these are
    his bulik sons and hatch color daughters
    Last edited by expressdelivery; April 21st, 2007 at 02:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery

my multiple winner

last breeding season

these are
    Sir express pwede bang mag order ng inahen na nasa 3rd pic, para sa anak ko, kulit din kasi eh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery

my multiple winner

last breeding season

these are
    funny video..was that a sweater who run??? pre...hope to see ya next month...pls. pm
    your contact no....

Hector SV

Thumbs up Re: Gerard Spangled

That's very interesting Sir Express! So d Gerards can actually win multiple ha? I think am beginning to fall in love with them, hehehe. What's basically the fighting style sir? By the way, is their plumage color generally recessive or dominant when crossed with red color roosters? Thanks.

wickedfr0g

Gerard Hatch Spangle
    try H-Manokis he got some in batangas

expressdelivery

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    funny video..was that a sweater who run??? pre...hope to see ya next month...pls. pm
    your contact no....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    pareng kogs
    i already had my vacation last january
    my next vacation will be already next year
    hope to meet you next year my friend

Post Thanks / Like

From what ive seen ,there very good ,but better crossed ,they cross good with sweaters ,one of B Corcans # 1 brood pin has a dark red Garrard over sweater ylh hens ,he get ace cocks from this mateing ,if Dee Cox breed and keep them for 40 years there good ,he was in my opinion the best chicken man i ever seen ,and a very good guy ,allways helping the underdog .................................................. ..................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hector SV
    That's very interesting Sir Express! So d Gerards can actually win multiple ha? I think am beginning to fall in love with them, hehehe. What's basically the fighting style sir? By the way, is their plumage color generally recessive or dominant when crossed with red color roosters? Thanks.

i would also like to know if the plumage color is either recessive or dominant when crossed to reds or greys?i think Tonio and James Wolf can give us some info regarding this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CandCGamefarm
    From what ive seen ,there very good ,but better crossed ,they cross good with sweaters ,one of B Corcans # 1 brood pin has a dark red Garrard over sweater ylh hens ,he get ace cocks from this mateing ,if Dee Cox breed and keep them for 40 years there good ,he was in my opinion the best chicken man i ever seen ,and a very good guy ,allways helping the underdog .................................................. ..................

Post Thanks / Like

Bud Mcpherson was mentioned in this thread, very good source.
    I was reading some article about the Circle L GF and having good relatioship with
    the Mcphersons. I cannot help but be curious if they had that G Hatch blood mixed
    with their proven winning Hi Action Hatch.

4SW in 2 season had so many multiple wins with the G Hatch bloodline.
    Just so sad, the only hen that gave offsprings to the wins died in her peak.

very good with sweaters and butchers

good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have the gerards and the only thing they lack in my opinion is agility and speed. Other than that, as other mentioned are very powerful, hard hitting, good cutting fowl...just my two cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard
    i would also like to know if the plumage color is either recessive or dominant when crossed to reds or greys?i think Tonio and James Wolf can give us some info regarding this.
    when mine are crossed to reds maybe only afew will come spangle and with greys they all come grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonio
    when mine are crossed to reds maybe only afew will come spangle and with greys they all come grey.
    thanks Tonio for the plummage info.goodluck with your spangles.