Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Art Hefner

mikeasncn

Smile Mr. Art Hefner

Hi, can anybody shed some light regarding Mr. Art Hefner's chickens? Any info will greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mr. Art Hefner

Art was well known for his sids and they were good ones he once told me he had to keep the Sids to pay the feed bill for the rest of his chickens he also had Hatches and some Blues that were good Sam Gowdy had good success with Arts blood and many others as well including myself hope this answers some your questions.

mikeasncn

Smile Re: Mr. Art Hefner

Thanks for the info....leadfoot. What can you say about his sweaters?

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Heffner had the green leg sweaters he called them sweater peaheads (not to be confused with yellow leg sweaters) Excellent roosters, have posted pictures of Mr. Art Hefner's sweaters in Portal Para Ibero Americanos here in Sabong. Mr Heffner was well know for his quality roosters he had some excellent Leiper Hatch, Roundheads, the Million Dollar Blues and his excellent Sid Taylors. I like his Sweater Pea Heads they are very good in the short knife.

TIMEX Tijuana Mexico

GENERAL JOHN SEDGWICK'S FAMOUS LAST WORDS: THEY COULD'NT HIT AN ELEPHANT AT THIS DISTAN....
    Last edited by TIMEX; August 22nd, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEX
    Mr. Heffner had the green leg sweaters he called them sweater peaheads (not to be confused with yellow leg sweaters) Excellente roosters, have posted pictures of Mr. Art Hefner's sweaters in Portal Para Ibero Americanos here in Sabong. Mr Heffner was well know for his quality roosters he had some excellent Leiper Hatch, Roundheads, the Million Dollar Blues and his excellent Sid Taylors. I liked his Sweater Pea Heads they are very good in the short knife.

TIMEX Tijuana Mexico

GENERAL JOHN SEDGWICK'S FAMOUS LAST WORDS: THEY COULD'NT HIT AN ELEPHANT AT THIS DISTAN....
    COOL...

Post Thanks / Like

I have his Niggers and his Sids. Havent found better families of fowl to date. Sids have power just like a hatch and just as fast. My niggers are cutting machines

mikeasncn

Smile Re: Mr. Art Hefner

Timex and brent0307 thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.
    The reason I asked this is because I have a freind that has some of Art's chickens..specially the green legged sweaters and miner blues. At first I was so intrigued and fascinated with the green legged sweater and his stories with Art's chickens, but after having confirmation with you guys, I'm glad that he's telling the truth. He's basically breeding most of them in Mexico. I went with him to his farm in Mexico and boooy!....I love it!! There I saw his other breeds and his pictures with Mr. Art and his trophy in winning the Hawain tribute a long time ago.
    Also I was able to learn the legalities of cockfighting in Mexico. I was planning to buy his dink sweaters and whitehackles but unfortunately I have no place to raise them. But he was so encouraging and helpful that he told me that due to this prohibition of breeding showing roosters here in the U.S. he'll just bring me whenever he has some shows.
    Thanks again and more power.

rancholc

Leadfoot, I´m a Sid Taylor bloodline fan, could you please tel me where to find Art Hefner´s Sid taylors, Who has them??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rancholc
    Leadfoot, I´m a Sid Taylor bloodline fan, could you please tel me where to find Art Hefner´s Sid taylors, Who has them??

get yourself a copy of playboy magazine you will find a good hefner there...he is the ultimate broodcock...and if you post a few more times i will gift you with information where to get the best, proven, and authentic art hefner's sid taylors at a poor man's price...

LevisaRiver

The Sid fowl you are talking about where better suited for the gaff. I have Sids from Art Hefner, Orie Hunt, Ray Christian, Thurman Combs, Bill Robinson, Jerry Hunt, Troy Dale Prater, Stan Proffitt, and Darwin Blackburn. Some are better suited for LK. LevisaRiver

Post Thanks / Like

LevisaRiver,

The Sids of Ray Christian and Troy Dale are one and the same. Troy got it from Ray.

spangle

LevisaRiver

Hey brother, I knew they were the same. Ray got his original start from Orie Hunt and I got one cock before he died that Ories son Jerry gave him. They fought him at Sunset and the Bayou Club. Getting some age but still breeds. Also Ray got some fowl from Bill Robinson. Have a good one. LeviaRiver

Post Thanks / Like

LevisaRiver,

I regret my losing my family of Sids from Ray. I did good with them. Hoping I could start a new family same as Ray's.

troy

Post Thanks / Like

LevisaRiver,

I regret losing my family of Sids from Ray. I did good with them. Hoping I could start a new family same as Ray's.

troy

rancholc

That was funny kogmohon, you said if I posted a few more times you´ll gift me with information about where to get art hefner´s Sid Taylor, well here´s my first post, hoping tha the information is not a joke as the playboy´s hefner broodcock, which by the way was pretty funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rancholc
    That was funny kogmohon, you said if I posted a few more times you´ll gift me with information about where to get art hefner´s Sid Taylor, well here´s my first post, hoping tha the information is not a joke as the playboy´s hefner broodcock, which by the way was pretty funny.

you got pm....

Post Thanks / Like

Timex Good Avatar John Ruiz Was The **** What Happen To Him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zacatecas
    Timex Good Avatar John Ruiz Was The **** What Happen To Him
    Thanks Zacatecas, John Ruiz did not last long as a champ but looking at my avatar you can´t help but admire the brother. game to the core...
    "buen gallo el compa"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    get yourself a copy of playboy magazine you will find a good hefner there...he is the ultimate broodcock...and if you post a few more times i will gift you with information where to get the best, proven, and authentic art hefner's sid taylors at a poor man's price...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HUGH HEFNER

CENTER FOLD SWEETERS

I`M LOVIN IT !!!

CutNPower

So does anyone have any information on where to get the Hefner Sids and/or Green leg Sweaters?

Thanks,
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolliMac
    bro,

I didn't know that art is in this business too. He's famous for his playboy's bunnies and the magazine. I don't know if he still got time for breeding fowls with his hands full as it is now.

uuuuuggggghhhhh !!!!!

boss lee is the keeper of hugh hefner's keys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CutNPower
    So does anyone have any information on where to get the Hefner Sids and/or Green leg Sweaters?

Blackburn farms sells sids from Heffner. good ones too.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LevisaRiver
    Hey brother, I knew they were the same. Ray got his original start from Orie Hunt and I got one cock before he died that Ories son Jerry gave him. They fought him at Sunset and the Bayou Club. Getting some age but still breeds. Also Ray got some fowl from Bill Robinson. Have a good one. LeviaRiver
    Mr. Ray Christian is alive and well and so are his sids, some of the best black roosters on earth, he has had his Sids for over 40 years and has maintained and improved the strain as when he first got it from Orie Hunt.

here are a couple pics of his Sids. the cock roosting on the chair had his streamers measured at 36 inches long, and the second pic is his son Tony holding the same rooster. if you like black roosters they don't get any prettier than these, and they can compete with the best of them.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...8/IMG_0001.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...8/IMG_0002.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Art was a very good chicken man I learned a lot from him and still have a few of his fowl .Its great that you guys are keeping his name alive .I worked for Art from late 70's -about 84 or1985 .At one time I had quite a few of his fowl , Sids,, RH's , HATCH'S ,,AND HULSEY'S ..He had me plant white pines on both sides of his long driveway to get a pair of his Duke Hulsey's lol , his Sid's very good the first pair he got ( looked like a red wing black bird , little white in the tail)from a gentleman in Kentucky I remember he was a coal miner long time friend who loved Art's Hatch's can't think of his name .I know a fellow in Colorado that still raises his Sid's and I have a few none for sale ..GREAT thread Thanks for posting ..

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate hills
    Mr. Ray Christian is alive and well and so are his sids, some of the best black roosters on earth, he has had his Sids for over 40 years and has maintained and improved the strain as when he first got it from Orie Hunt.

here are a couple pics of his Sids. the cock roosting on the chair had his streamers measured at 36 inches long, and the second pic is his son Tony holding the same rooster. if you like black roosters they don't get any prettier than these, and they can compete with the best of them.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...8/IMG_0001.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...8/IMG_0002.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody else with Arts blood? I am looking for his Sids and Blues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LevisaRiver View Post
    The Sid fowl you are talking about where better suited for the gaff. I have Sids from Art Hefner, Orie Hunt, Ray Christian, Thurman Combs, Bill Robinson, Jerry Hunt, Troy Dale Prater, Stan Proffitt, and Darwin Blackburn. Some are better suited for LK. LevisaRiver
    Question, do you still have the Sids from Stan Proffitt? I knew a man in North Carolina by the name of Bill Coley that had the Proffitt Sid blood.....best Sids I have ever seen. They were game and just did not know the word quit. I lost them several years ago and have not had any luck finding anybody that has them....Mr. Coley no longer had them the last time I checked with him.

Post Thanks / Like

can you post mr ray christian's phone # please?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I have sid blood from Dr. Herring in alabama and they are very good and he came highly recomended from fellow cockers. I dont think he sells alot of them because he mostly raises for his on use but does sell a few every year. The first sid family we tried from a different breeder cost us alot of money so be selective.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Art's Million Dollar Blues. Does anybody out there have any of these? I love the ones that I have. If you have any please post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everybody that is contributing to this post. Anyway, does anybody know a guy named Allen Hoffman from North Carolina?, because I belive he was with Mr. Art at the 1998 Wapanucka Game Club, and winning at the 5-cock derby with an entry name of "Alonso"? Can somebody shed some light on this?