Thread: bloodline's name

Post Thanks / Like

bloodline's name

if we say that it is a lemon sweater cross, which come first the broodcock's bloodline or the hen's bloodline? I'm confused others told me that. by example, lemon sweater cross,it must be from the lemon broodcock and hen is sweater.

Any opinion on this matter is highly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bloodline's name

hintay lang pare...........ok tong topiko mo ah...may matutunan na naman tayo nito..........
    magandang gabi sayo.......

Post Thanks / Like

On two way crosses I always interpret it as Broodcock over Hen

Just my two cents

tigercobra

Roundhead cock x asil hen = roundheadasil, this is so because most offsprings inherit the looks of the mother....if the cock was prepotent and had an offsprings that just look like the father then they are called asilroundhead....this is how we select and name the offsprings of a 1/2 x 1/2 mating.

If the female offsprings are being backcross to roundhead (father), we called the offsprings as Asilroundhead because the fractional distribution of blood would be heavy on Roundhead.

On Brood Materials having different leg color, for example a greenlegged Hatch Cock x yellowlegged Hen Sweater.

We select the 1/2 x 1/2 offsprings according to leg color.....if the offsprings are greenlegged then we call them SweaterHatch, whatever the comb it gives....and if the leg color was yellow we call them HatchSweater, whatever the comb is.....

if legged color was YellowGreen we now then look at the comb...if the comb was straightcomb we call them SweaterHatch and if the comb was peacomb then we call them HatchSweater.

If we backcross the female offsprings to Hatch Cock (father) we call them SweaterHatch because the hatch blood according to our record contains the higher blood donation, inherited by the offsprings no matter what the kind of comb or color of leg.

On your case....Lemon and Sweater are sometimes hard to distinguish on it's 1/2 x 1/2 crossbreeding....but we know that most Lemons are Straightcomb and Sweaters are Peacomb.

If the offsprings are straightcomb we call them SweaterLemon and if the offsprings are peacomb we call them LemonSweaters....what ever leg color they may give (white, lightyellow, yellow).

There are times that we used broodmaterials with both equal on legcolor and type of comb but differ in bloodline....and we really have a hard time to distinguish... we used the feathercolor, body conformation, height and kind of fighting style.

Sometimes if Feather is dominant on our 1/2 x 1/2 mating like for example a Gold cock x HatchHen.....if the offsprings are having Gold tail, goldWings or gold breastfeather they are called HatchGold, whatever the kind of comb or legcolor....and if no Gold feather appears they are called GoldHatch.

On BlueCock x GreyHen.....if feathercolor blue appeared on breast, wings and tail...they are called BluePyle if dominant color was on Blue, and.....GreyPyle if Grey feather color was dominant over blue.

With todays modern kind of distinguishing a bloodline is by using the toe markings, nose markings, legband, wingband and other method of putting a breed I.D.....they do this because it's hard to distinguish nowadays if it's a YLH, Radio, RoundheadClaret, Kelso or Sweater....which they almost look alike because they are relatives....not only that because nowadays there are variety family on hatch, roundhead, Grey etc...having a different blood composition but was considered to belong on a Dominant blood contributor.
    Last edited by tigercobra; May 7th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

keep it cxoming guys!!!!...
    for me its the bloodline of the broodhen first since 70% of a whole being of its offspring froms the hen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apong_ambo

Just my two cents
    I interpret it the same. But some people will say for example if the hen is a sweater and the rooster is a roundhead they will still say sweater/ roundhead just because it sounds better then roundhead / sweater . But you should still ask the breeder what half is what.

Post Thanks / Like

ang anak na lalaki ng talisaying inahin ay palaging talisayin maski ano pang kulay ng broodcock. kaya kung ang tawag sa isang cross na grey ay kelso grey, kelso ang ama. kung cross na grey yata ay palaging bandang huli ang word na grey, hindi ba ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedToe
    I interpret it the same. But some people will say for example if the hen is a sweater and the rooster is a roundhead they will still say sweater/ roundhead just because it sounds better then roundhead / sweater ..

As a breeder I'd rather be consistent than sound good, but then again as long as the breeding records are good anybody can call their crossess any which way they want....cheers

yfis

Post Thanks / Like

Just my two cents

I practice the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach by doing the above.

top_signature

Hi Guys how will I call this stag then...been thinking about it for a while now...

this is a 1/2 Sweater x 1/4 Lacy RH x 1/4 Gilmore but is a Gilmore Looking Stag. I got 2 out of 20+ Stags....check out the picture below...

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL129.../249673067.jpg

thanks in advance...

cheers!

g-ayo

As a breeder I'd rather be consistent than sound good, but then again as long as the breeding records are good anybody can call their crossess any which way they want....cheers

yfis
    right on the button... its not important how you call them..lemon sweater or sweater lemon...its just plain simple that its a cross between a lemon and a sweater or a sweater and a lemon..whichever comes first..if you wanna know the blood of each parent then just be specific about it..

newell.aceret

it depends on the breeder.... you can name them in which way you like

Post Thanks / Like

i did not notice that this is an english thread. just skip my post, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

dont be confused cockmates this is the standard way of naming your breed;when a broodcock mates the broodhen its gonna be the cock goes over the hen to copulate.if your broodcock is a hatch and your hen is a sweeter the offspring are called hatch/sweater if your cock is sweater and the hen is hatch its gonna be sweater/hatch.in 3 way cross if the cock is a hatch/sweater and the hen is roundhead then the offspring are called hatch/sweater/roundhead.just remember whatever the crosses are its always the breed of the cock that comes first.it makes sense and easily remembered:cock over hen.hope this will help specially to the beginners.happy cocking to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by armandoviray23@
    dont be confused cockmates this is the standard way of naming your breed;when a broodcock mates the broodhen its gonna be the cock goes over the hen to copulate.if your broodcock is a hatch and your hen is a sweeter the offspring are called hatch/sweater if your cock is sweater and the hen is hatch its gonna be sweater/hatch.in 3 way cross if the cock is a hatch/sweater and the hen is roundhead then the offspring are called hatch/sweater/roundhead.just remember whatever the crosses are its always the breed of the cock that comes first.it makes sense and easily remembered:cock over hen.hope this will help specially to the beginners.happy cocking to all.

Amen!

gausejo

i always do cock over hen in bed, my father has this. his favorite line is lemons. i guess this crosses is too commercially in looks. i dont like the light side of this crosses, gets too agressive.
    Last edited by gausejo; May 9th, 2007 at 01:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When We Purchase A Fighting Cocks There Is No Exact Rule In Written Form Bec The Breeder Will Just Tell You Sweater/hatch Unless You Ask Wich One Is Cock Or Which Is The Hen.but In Buying A Dog Or A Horse The Breeder/seller Will Disclose To You In Wrting The Pedigree Like The Bitch Or The Stud And The Horse Who Is The Sire (stud) Or The Mare.,for The Purpose Of Registration In The Horse Registry Or The American Kennel Club.
    Now A Days The Bigtime Breeders Will Show You The Breeding Records But Some Breeders Will Tell You Either Cock/hen Or Hen/cock.

warmac007

Smile Re: bloodline's name

i always go for broodcock over hen