Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eggs from states

Post Thanks / Like

Eggs from states

My friend in U.S. is sending eggs to P.I. next week. What to do to avoid damaging it and become infertile. I need help to maximize hatchability. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eggs from states

the eggs should in the incubator or nestled by the hen at least 14 days for them to withstand the travel,half incubating it increases the chances of chick to develop

pol paks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MARVZ
    My friend in U.S. is sending eggs to P.I. next week. What to do to avoid damaging it and become infertile. I need help to maximize hatchability. Thanks!
    I HAD 3 DOZENS BOUGHT LAST APRIL 10TH FRESH FROM THE FARM IN TULARE, CA. AND IN THE NEXT DAY MY FRIEND BROUGHT IT TO P.I. ARRIVED ON THE 14TH IN KALIBO, AKLAN AND SETTED IN INCUBATOR 8 HRS AFTER. LAST MAY 5, OUT OF 36 14 WERE HATCHED AND SO FAR THEY ARE ALL HEALTHY AND ENJOYING AT THEIR BROODER AT THE MOMENT....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by encargado
    the eggs should in the incubator or nestled by the hen at least 14 days for them to withstand the travel,half incubating it increases the chances of chick to develop

Marvz,

I agree with Encargado that you have the eggs nestled or incubated for at least 14 days to better your chances. I just recently sent 2 dozen eggs which were nestled for 18 days and candled by the breeder. Left Texas, flew to manila and incubated the eggs right away. Hatched 24 out of 24! I couldn't believe our luck. These eggs went through the xray machine too. Let me know if any one tries this too. Hope this helps our fellow kakmeyts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sirs for the information!

Angeles/Ilocos N/Zambales, http://www.bilihan.com.ph/forum/index.php, http://hencura.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Eggs from states

I agree!

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance gentlemen, but do the eggs have to be hand carried or are they securely placed and cushioned in a balikbayan box. Also, if they are hand carried, what effects of the ionizing radiation of x-ray have on the undeveloped eggs. Many thanks ahead of time.

LaDy_J

Quote Originally Posted by tigershark
    I HAD 3 DOZENS BOUGHT LAST APRIL 10TH FRESH FROM THE FARM IN TULARE, CA. AND IN THE NEXT DAY MY FRIEND BROUGHT IT TO P.I. ARRIVED ON THE 14TH IN KALIBO, AKLAN AND SETTED IN INCUBATOR 8 HRS AFTER. LAST MAY 5, OUT OF 36 14 WERE HATCHED AND SO FAR THEY ARE ALL HEALTHY AND ENJOYING AT THEIR BROODER AT THE MOMENT....

14 out of 36?

that would be less than 50% hatchability,is it not?

how would you increase the chances os hatchability?

Post Thanks / Like

Very Good Info.Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice info guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaDy_J
    14 out of 36?

that would be less than 50% hatchability,is it not?

how would you increase the chances os hatchability?
    For me, 14 out of 36 is not really bad considering that the eggs passed thru the x-ray in SFO airport. I dunno how could i increase the hatchability %......

tigershark

LaDy_J

Quote Originally Posted by tigershark
    For me, 14 out of 36 is not really bad considering that the eggs passed thru the x-ray in SFO airport. I dunno how could i increase the hatchability %......

tigershark
    how was it packed as handcarry?

they say it is much better to pack them with bubblewrap individually then into eggstrays inside a tupperware type container?

i've read about it somewhere in this site, i just can't remember how'd they actually packed them.

sorry about that..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalayra
    Pardon my ignorance gentlemen, but do the eggs have to be hand carried or are they securely placed and cushioned in a balikbayan box. Also, if they are hand carried, what effects of the ionizing radiation of x-ray have on the undeveloped eggs. Many thanks ahead of time.
    Jalayra,

I recommend that you handcarry them. The eggs that were shipped have been nestled for 18 days, went thru the xray machine with no ill effects. Like I said, out of 24 eggs that were handcarried home, 24 hatched. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

hand carried? my dad just left last night in SF but was told to return the eggs, no fluids alowed in the plane. they were 17 days old. they could have survived the baggage with no problem. but it was too late. lucky i was still outside waiting on what will happen. he was told that it would have been ok if he placed them in the baggage. . . . tsk tsk tsk sayang.
    who wants them? i am still incubating them here in the house should hatch in a couple of days. too many eggs, 68 of them.

Post Thanks / Like

...Thanks Raptor....I hope no chicks hatched with 3 beeks or one wing shorter than the other. Maybe the stags will come out as x-ray induced mutant super fighters. Many thanks again though!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Won't they die? if I am reading this right you guys let the hen set on them for 18 days or so and then take them off and fly them over? Is this right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaDy_J
    how was it packed as handcarry?

they say it is much better to pack them with bubblewrap individually then into eggstrays inside a tupperware type container?

i've read about it somewhere in this site, i just can't remember how'd they actually packed them.

sorry about that..
    wrapped it in a soft tissue paper individually then into eggtrays inside a tupperware.mine was put in a checked-in baggage

Post Thanks / Like

Sirs, does wrapping eggs with aluminum foil protects it from the radiation of the xray?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MARVZ
    Sirs, does wrapping eggs with aluminum foil protects it from the radiation of the xray?
    I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS. LET'S WAIT SOME EXPERTS..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalayra
    ...Thanks Raptor....I hope no chicks hatched with 3 beeks or one wing shorter than the other. Maybe the stags will come out as x-ray induced mutant super fighters. Many thanks again though!!!
    Jalayra,

hehe...so far all the chicks look normal...I was really expecting around 50% hatch ratea and was really elated when I found out that all of them hatched. Swerte lang siguro.
    At 18 days, the chick inside is developed enough not to be affected by radiation. At least I'm just basing it on my experience. Hope this helps bro.

Post Thanks / Like

im trying bring eggs too, may I know what kind of container I can place them to withsatnd the travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    Jalayra,

I recommend that you handcarry them. The eggs that were shipped have been nestled for 18 days, went thru the xray machine with no ill effects. Like I said, out of 24 eggs that were handcarried home, 24 hatched. Hope this helps.
    thats why it is advisable to nestled them before sending or carrying them to withstand the travel, x-ray etc.but this is not fool proof we are doing this to the chicks inside the eggs to increase the chances of surviving
    when they arrive here.

Post Thanks / Like

up

Post Thanks / Like

Best to place the eggs in the balikbayan box or inside your luggage. You have to wrap these eggs with soft tissues properly and secure these with plastic type trays that you can buy in any home depot or any other building hardware stores or walmart. This way the eggs won't crack. Your mortality rate would be high though, BUT at least it will not be CONFISCASTED if you handcarry these. My two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Last january I bring 6 dozs. of eggs to the Phil. I didnt' have a problem... here in
    Los Angeles, I talk politely to the guy, who is doing the x-ray. I told him I bring
    some fresh eggs, for hatching,breeding purposes only and request to a
    occular inspection, he call his supervisor, and wipes some eggs with a piece of
    tissue and inspect to a machine, everything is ok. and he told... goodluck

Yfis...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sirs tinalupan & WT AVALON for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

hi guys, tama po kayo! it is best to bring in Pre-hatched eggs, meaning the eggs are set in the incubator or hen nestled for about 14 to 16 days before brining in to P. I. At this stage the embryo is fully developed,, buo na po ang sisiw nito, and can withstand d transport or temperature stress. Just make sure the eggs are gently wrapped (mas makapal mas mabuti) to maintain warmth, securely placed with large end up in egg trays, or jst an ordinary styro box simulating that of an incubator. Be sure naka preheat na ang incubator na pagpapasukan nyo to avoid temp fluctuation stress into the developing chick. Ipasok agad sa incubator pag dating. hope this could be of help in some ways. may your flock increase!

Post Thanks / Like

UP

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I do 8 years ago when shipping of live birds are not as easy... I wrap those fresh eggs in a soft tissue and then wrap them with aluminum foil to protect them from X-RAY and packed them tight on egg trays. I hand carry those darn dozens of eggs like a baby. I hatch a very high percentage doing this method. Hope it helps...