Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carboloading...

Post Thanks / Like

Carboloading...

Hello cockmates...

I just want to know why some cockers used red rice as part of their carboaloading program, instead of white rice. What is the difference between the two? To some, they would prefer white rice because its cheaper and can be bought easily elsewhere. Pls. help...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carboloading...

I think it has to do with how much carbs per gram.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedToe
    I think it has to do with how much carbs per gram.
    Meaning to say, red and brown would provide more carbs than white?? I'ts possible... Hello guys, keep on submitting your opinion about this... Share your ideas... After all, we're all brothers in this sport...

lord_spyblack

Quote Originally Posted by jomari_pua
    Meaning to say, red and brown would provide more carbs than white?? I'ts possible... Hello guys, keep on submitting your opinion about this... Share your ideas... After all, we're all brothers in this sport...

HEHEHE ITS A PREFERENCE
    WHATS AVAILABLE IN DA
    NEIBORHOOD

Post Thanks / Like

I think its basically the fact that brown rice and red rice is less fattening and alot healthier..

Post Thanks / Like

I use brown rice in the winter and white rice in the summer or somethimes I use half brown and half white.

,Zac

Post Thanks / Like

I also use long grain brown rice as part of my grain mix for maintenance feed. Brown rice, along with corn, is also a main ingredient for my conditioning and pointing feeds.

Let me share with you some info on the nutritional benefits of brown rice (courtesy of The George Mateljan Foundation).

Hope this helps...

Why Brown-But Not White-Rice is One of the World's Healthiest Foods

The difference between brown rice and white rice is not just color! A whole grain of rice has several layers. Only the outermost layer, the hull, is removed to produce what we call brown rice. This process is the least damaging to the nutritional value of the rice and avoids the unnecessary loss of nutrients that occurs with further processing. If brown rice is further milled to remove the bran and most of the germ layer, the result is a whiter rice, but also a rice that has lost many more nutrients. At this point, however, the rice is still unpolished, and it takes polishing to produce the white rice we are used to seeing. Polishing removes the aleurone layer of the grain-a layer filled with health-supportive, essential fats. Because these fats, once exposed to air by the refining process, are highly susceptible to oxidation, this layer is removed to extend the shelf life of the product. The resulting white rice is simply a refined starch that is largely bereft of its original nutrients.

Our food ranking system qualified brown rice as an excellent source of manganese, and a good source of the minerals selenium and magnesium. The complete milling and polishing that converts brown rice into white rice destroys 67% of the vitamin B3, 80% of the vitamin B1, 90% of the vitamin B6, half of the manganese, half of the phosphorus, 60% of the iron, and all of the dietary fiber and essential fatty acids. By law in the United States, fully milled and polished white rice must be "enriched" with vitamins B1, B3, and iron. But the form of these nutrients when added back into the processed rice is not the same as in the original unprocessed version, and at least 11 lost nutrients are not replaced in any form even with rice "enrichment."

Here are some of the ways in which the nutrients supplied by brown rice can make an important difference in your health:

Manganese-Energy Production Plus Antioxidant Protection

Just one cup of brown rice will provide you with 88.0% of the daily value for manganese. This trace mineral helps produce energy from protein and carbohydrates and is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids, which are important for a healthy nervous system, and in the production of cholesterol, which is used by the body to produce sex hormones. Manganese is also a critical component of a very important antioxidant enzyme called superoxide dismutase. Superoxide dismutase (SOD) is found inside the body's mitochondria (the oxygen-based energy factories inside most of our cells) where it provides protection against damage from the free radicals produced during energy production.

Tune Down and Bone Up on Brown Rice

Magnesium, another nutrient for which brown rice is a good source, has been shown in studies to be helpful for reducing the severity of asthma, lowering high blood pressure, reducing the frequency of migraine headaches, and reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. How does magnesium accomplish all this? Magnesium helps regulate nerve and muscle tone by balancing the action of calcium. In many nerve cells, magnesium serves as Nature's own calcium channel blocker, preventing calcium from rushing into the nerve cell and activating the nerve. By blocking calcium's entry, magnesium keeps our nerves (and the blood vessels and muscles they ennervate) relaxed. If our diet provides us with too little magnesium, however, calcium can gain free entry, and nerve cells can become overactivated, sending too many messages and causing excessive contraction. Insufficient magnesium can thus contribute to high blood pressure, muscle spasms (including spasms of the heart muscle or the spasms of the airways symptomatic of asthma), and migraine headaches, as well as muscle cramps, tension, soreness and fatigue.

But that's far from all magnesium does for you. Magnesium, as well as calcium, is necessary for healthy bones. About two-thirds of the magnesium in the human body is found in our bones. Some helps give bones their physical structure, while the rest is found on the surface of the bone where it is stored for the body to draw upon as needed. Brown rice can help you keep those storage sites replenished and ready to meet your body's needs. A cup of brown rice will give you 21.0% of the daily value for magnesium.

In addition to the niacin it supplies, brown rice may also help raise blood levels of nitric oxide, a small molecule known to improve blood vessel dilation and to inhibit oxidative (free radical) damage of cholesterol and the adhesion of white cells to the vascular wall (two important steps in the development of atherosclerotic plaques). A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition suggests that diets high in rice protein can help protect against atherosclerosis by increasing blood levels of nitric oxide. In this study, when researchers gave mice bred to be apoliprotein-E deficient a purified diet containing either casein, the principal protein in dairy products, rice protein or soy protein, the mice given casein developed the largest atherosclerotic lesions. (In humans as well as animals, apolipoprotein E plays an important role in cholesterol transport, so a deficiency of this protein increases risk for the development of atherosclerosis.) Mice given rice or soy protein fared much better.
    In trying to understand why, the researchers evaluated blood levels of nitric oxide. Mice fed either rice or soy protein diets were found to have increased blood levels of L-arginine (the amino acid that the body uses to produce nitric oxide) and nitric oxide metabolites when compared to those given casein-based feed. However, the L-arginine content of the rice and soy diets was not high enough to explain the amount of protective benefit they conferred, so the researchers concluded that these foods must also contain other cardioprotective compounds.

A Good Source of Fiber

The health benefits of brown rice continue with its fiber; a cup of brown rice provides 14.0% of the daily value for fiber, which has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels, one more way brown rice helps prevent atherosclerosis. Fiber also helps out by keeping blood sugar levels under control, so brown rice is an excellent grain choice for people with diabetes. As we mentioned above, the fiber in brown rice can also help to protect you against colon cancer since fiber binds to cancer-causing chemicals, keeping them away from the cells lining the colon, plus it can help normalize bowel function, reducing constipation.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow lot of info but to much fiber isn't that good either chickens crops and gizzards can't break down the outer hull of the grain thats is why there isn't to much jockey oats in chicken feed. The hulls might get stuck in digestive track and cause a blockage(constipation).

Post Thanks / Like

up.... up... up....

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Back home in several Visayan Island, they prepare to eat red corn as their main diet. Red Corn has more nutritional value than white corn. I like fried corn being cooked like a fried rice or brown corn coffee with aromatic flavor, appetizing and delicious. I used fresh red crack corn mix with brown rice to my point feed. My favorite is the sweet white corn that I usually buy in Seafood City. Just put it in microwave for 10 minutes. Put some butter and let it cool, start biting from the left end like you are playing the harmonica until it’s completely gone. You must have a dental floss ready to get rid off the sticky residue being stocked between your teeth.
    Last edited by Sundowner; January 7th, 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

use nutri drench during night feeding 3x before the fight and morning meal on fight day...they are high liquid calorie which is very effective and chickens love it...if you will ask the chickens what they will like to eat before they die...they will ask for nutri drench...

Post Thanks / Like

bai kogs,can we get this product in PI?i saw this product at jefferspet.

Post Thanks / Like

up...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claretking
    bai kogs,can we get this product in PI?i saw this product at jefferspet.
    I MADE SOME RESEARCH IN THE INTERNET...
    IS THIS THE PRODUCT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...PoultryBot.gif

Post Thanks / Like

up..up....up...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLISS Argao
    I MADE SOME RESEARCH IN THE INTERNET...
    IS THIS THE PRODUCT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...PoultryBot.gif

yes...thats the product...you can also use dyne...they are available at jeffers...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    yes...thats the product...you can also use dyne...they are available at jeffers...
    kogmohon, thanks for the info...
    hopefully, "makapamarayeg" to some relatives and friends next time they send their balikbayan boxes...

champ

in my xpriens on kakfytng, I don't carboload my cocks during the preparation and conditioning. overoading with carbs, entails rigorous exercises to burn up extra calories or else it will build up as fats in the body. I only use quick absorbing sugars when my birds are about to fight. I buy stuffs commonly used for hypoglycemic situations among DM cases. I found the system very effective and with it I give Pangamic acid B15, to endure during the drag. Pangamic acid prevents acidosis due to prolonged stressfull situation. Carboload will sustain the availability of energy source. However, in quick fights these are not needed since the body doesn"t require these extras.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Info Sir,

safiro

carboloading for me consist of white pearl barley,brown rice,pop corn,wheatgerm, oatmeal and egg white(bits)

Post Thanks / Like

use nutri drench during night feeding 3x before the fight and morning meal on fight day...they are high liquid calorie which is very effective and chickens love it...if you will ask the chickens what they will like to eat before they die...they will ask for nutri drench...
    were i can buy this product this is available here in phillipines

Post Thanks / Like

up....up.... pls give your inputs on this topic.... share your ideas cockmates....

Post Thanks / Like

I use my carboload capsules....It takes the gussing out of the game and gets you what you want "Carboload"...

Check out my website @ www.RoyalGameFowlProducts.com

yfis,

Omar "El Cirador" Moreno

Post Thanks / Like

i used corn for carboloading and i never used rice. do you guys cook the rice?

Post Thanks / Like

When in the keep do you start carb loading? and how much to feed?Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

carbo load last week... no more or they will burn up....... yes rice cooked for no longer than 20 minutes if cook to long take all good stuff out.....

cigar
    Last edited by CIGAR; April 1st, 2009 at 05:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Carboloading...

up up up, lots of information we learn thanks
    Last edited by rolandolim; April 1st, 2009 at 06:33 AM.

CHAMPION
    Sabong.Net.PH 2013 Derby
    Post Thanks / Like

i use carbotec capsul it works for me save me fron guesing the the mixture and the cooking

Post Thanks / Like

I use Dr. Blues Carbotec also aro f2.. Breco product..

---------------------------------------

Larga United Pangasinan " Team Pangasinan "

CHAMPION
    Sabong.Net.PH 2013 Derby
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meloy
    I use Dr. Blues Carbotec also aro f2.. Breco product..

---------------------------------------

Larga United Pangasinan " Team Pangasinan "

how do you administer it i only give it once 3 hr b4 the fyt..
    the front bumper of your avatar aro meloy is loaded ...