Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Academy

Post Thanks / Like

Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Academy

To : TJT Cocking Academy

Thru : Dr. Teddy Tanchangco, DVM
    President

Re : Conditioning, Feeding and others of equal import.

GREETINGS!

Undersigned, expresses deepest of gratitude in allowing (me) to contribute the little knowledge that I know, to the academy, with deepest respect that I write.

In the hallways of the academy and the rolling terrain of the beautiful venue of an unparalled symposium conducted by your goodself, the dilema of being lost in the wilderness of the unknown in the art of the Cockfighting, you have unselfishly shared to both Senior (not necessarily Senior Citizens, lest I be misconstrued) and the Beginners, who in the nearest future, will shock the cocking world and their skills came from this academy of integrity and knowledge, being imparted to the students and the public at large specially, thru the globalized method of communication and thru television (Hataw Pinoy) and thru the superior product lines of Tthunderbird, who had chosen the best Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and in all goodfaith and trust, one of the most successful Conditioners, Trainers, for the last two (2) Decades or more that I greet.

More power Dr. Tanchangco!

Yours Faithfully,

BOMBIT ABAD
    Writting in Memory of the Legendary Jesse Cabalza
    (and in my personal capacity)
    Last edited by bombit aba; June 17th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Academy

To all lovers of the Sport:

The undersigned say Greetings!

Conditioning is a matter of choice and/or preference by the feeder who more often is also the Trainer. The latter (Trainer), has the hardest job, why? because he takes care of the birds almost 26hours a day, figure of speech.

HOwever, come fight day, the handlers or the one pitting inside the arena is the one given acknowledgment. It is good if the one handling the bird inside the arena is also the Trainer. What if he is not?- there would result unfairness as to the role of each and every member of a particular game cock team.

Moreover, it is my humble opinion and/or suggestion- that in every fight, the breeders be given also their Honor by announcing prior to every fight during derbies or even in hackfights, the name of the breeder and the bloodline of the gamebird, why? again, because it would serve as a guide to the betting public prior to releasing the bird for actual combat and also, to henceforth respectfully opined, the name of the gaffer (mananari).
    This way, sabong will have the prestige of a noble sport, a Sport of Kings and not the stigma of a gamblers vice.

In furtherance to training, just one simple tip straight from the Master's lips (Jesse Cabalza), many years ago, today: 1- When you flip your cock, they should flop their wings. Otherwise, they're useless. 2- When you train your birds, train them, never strain them and lastly, 3- Hard trained birds needs longer rest or keep, lighter trained birds, needs shorter period of rest to point them to avoid being stale.

Goodluck until my next writing.

In all good faith and trust.

Yours faithfully,
    BOMBIT ABAD
    (iN mEMORY OF THE LATE JESSE CABALZA)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Academy

Quote Originally Posted by bombit aba
    To all lovers of the Sport:

The undersigned say Greetings!

Conditioning is a matter of choice and/or preference by the feeder who more often is also the Trainer. The latter (Trainer), has the hardest job, why? because he takes care of the birds almost 26hours a day, figure of speech.

HOwever, come fight day, the handlers or the one pitting inside the arena is the one given acknowledgment. It is good if the one handling the bird inside the arena is also the Trainer. What if he is not?- there would result unfairness as to the role of each and every member of a particular game cock team.

Moreover, it is my humble opinion and/or suggestion- that in every fight, the breeders be given also their Honor by announcing prior to every fight during derbies or even in hackfights, the name of the breeder and the bloodline of the gamebird, why? again, because it would serve as a guide to the betting public prior to releasing the bird for actual combat and also, to henceforth respectfully opined, the name of the gaffer (mananari).
    This way, sabong will have the prestige of a noble sport, a Sport of Kings and not the stigma of a gamblers vice.

In furtherance to training, just one simple tip straight from the Master's lips (Jesse Cabalza), many years ago, today: 1- When you flip your cock, they should flop their wings. Otherwise, they're useless. 2- When you train your birds, train them, never strain them and lastly, 3- Hard trained birds needs longer rest or keep, lighter trained birds, needs shorter period of rest to point them to avoid being stale.

Goodluck until my next writing.

In all good faith and trust.

Yours faithfully,
    BOMBIT ABAD
    (iN mEMORY OF THE LATE JESSE CABALZA)
    Good thought. Everone that has a part is recognized not just the handler.

4. Likes algar liked this post
    Accredited Merchant tjtcokngacademy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bombit Abad

I am deeply honored by your support. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts & useful tips. This will definitely benefit all the readers in this forum......Keep it coming!
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

CrookedToe

No doubt about it.....TEAMWORK is the key to success!!!
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

Guest Speaker on Conditioning

Atty. Bombit Abad (guest speaker) giving some tips on conditioning. It was through him that I learned the secrets of the legendary Jesse Cabalza.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

Post Thanks / Like

great topic atty.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the signs of a rooster on point?
    Last edited by tjtcokngacademy; June 19th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.
    TJT Cocking Academy
    March 19, 20 & 21

10. Likes algar liked this post
    expressdelivery

Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Acad

doc and atty. abad
    i would like to know about your opinion
    regarding how a cock`s body should feel
    kapag sinalat natin o hinipo
    i appreciate your answer sir.

they say
    a cock`s body should feel "SPONGY" during keep
    and should feel "CORKY" during fight day.

how would you relate this different feel of cock`s body
    in our feeding practice during the keep and fight day
    with the saying.....MOISTURE IN MOISTURE OUT.

i realy really appreciate your ansqwers mga sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjtcokngacademy
    What are the signs of a rooster on point?
    REPLY:

iT IS REALLY an Honor to be asked by the head of the most prestigious Cocking Academy in the Philippines. Suffice it to state, the undersigned being in the profession of legal combat, outside of the arena of cockfighting. (My) answer to the querry of a Great Conditioner,

is this:

Based on my experience and coupled with the fact, with the tremendous influence (I) had with the Great Jesse, up close during the prime of his career when he was winning, the signs of a gamebird being on point on fight day, are as follows:

1- When being limbered, during rest or keep, a bird reaching his point (and/or peak) is extremely "maporma". He should act with superiority, never irritable or agitated;

2- He must be high headed and composed;

3- The droppings should be firm but, not too dry;

4- The eyes of the bird must sparkle and the head of course, red in color (not blackish, which constitutes a clear manifestation of a respiratory or cardio problem);

5- The feel of the bird must be solid, but never tight. Meaning, when they move the conditioner and/or Trainer must be keen enough to feel the movement of every muscle including ligaments of the bird. In short, they must posses in your hands- POWER!;

6- And ofcourse, the correct rate of conversion of the pointing feeds on fight day. The birds must be able in simple language, to digest their feeds on time. Hence, the need for the proper graduated manner of feeding gamebirds on fight day. Frankly, (I) give them two (2) pecks every thirty (30) minutes and the last two pecks is seven (7) fights before my/our scheduled fight;

All these, are ofcourse a matter of preference as to the mythology used by and through the sound discretion and style of the Chief Trainer. Truly, a matter of personal judgment.

With all due respects (Dear Doctor), there is no quick and fast rule not even the computers of the big feed milling companies can answer with dead precision. But one thing for sure, the great ones who (I) admire, is of course the original idol, Jesse, your former American Counter part, Mr. James Pope and-you. For you have cultivated the talents of both two(2) and, your inherent talent and passion for gamebirds for many years, but speaks for itself.

I tried (my) best to answer your querry in the most honest way I can under the circumstances at hand.

My warm regards!

13. Likes algar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Acad

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery
    doc and atty. abad
    i would like to know about your opinion
    regarding how a cock`s body should feel
    kapag sinalat natin o hinipo
    i appreciate your answer sir.

they say
    a cock`s body should feel "SPONGY" during keep
    and should feel "CORKY" during fight day.

how would you relate this different feel of cock`s body
    in our feeding practice during the keep and fight day
    with the saying.....MOISTURE IN MOISTURE OUT.

i realy really appreciate your ansqwers mga sir.

in REPLY:

In my most humble opinion and with deep respect, I forthwith answer as follows:

1- As to the matter of: "xxx a cock's body should feel "SPONGY" during the keep and should feel "CORKY" during fight day xxx "- The feel of the bird during the keep and on fight day, must not change. If they are spongy, they should be that way. Extreme carbo loading or excessive use of corn or worst, at 100% corn on fight day usually cooked for 30 minutes, will unduly risk the bird to go over weight even without water and/or so-called moisture. Because, Gentlemen and Friends, a cooked corn naturally contains fluid plus, its high energy carbo value and therefore, titigas and hipo on fight day. This is too dangerous.

The spongy feel during the keep must be maintained on fight day thru a combination of for example: boiled wheat, banana and a little cooked ground beef.-This what Jesse uses to be brutally frank. And when he tried to change this, to upgrade, he failed.

2- As to Moisture in and Moisture out- my humble answer is: It should be in-between. Too much moisture will make the cock sluggish, too much drying-out will make the bird lose its power, so neither should the bird be wet nor dry. Exakto lang dapat.

Answered in all honesty.

Thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khazimline
    great topic atty.
    REPLY:

In the most honest manner and intent to share to all lovers of the sport and in Memory of the Legendary Jesse Cabalza, that I write.

The man who about a decade ago or more, when the American Cockers practically wiped out the Filipino Breeders and Trainers at the hight of the popularity of Roligon, the crowd roared in unison: "WE WANT JESSE CABALZA!!!". This fact, I relayed to the late Master, but for reasons only known to him, he just told me: "At the right time" and/or "in due course". But it never came to pass...

Thankyou.

Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody please translate the Filipino words 'titigas and hipo'? I am not from the PI and hopefully somebody would be kind enough to translate. Thanks

expressdelivery

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast
    Can somebody please translate the Filipino words 'titigas and hipo'? I am not from the PI and hopefully somebody would be kind enough to translate. Thanks
    that means the muscle would become too firm

Post Thanks / Like

Hi bombit!

Nice of you to join us

Anyway, my question would be about water and moisture.

Please teach me about it.

How important is it? how to regulate it? how to control it? Tips on fight day, etc...

Sorry, I know it's like asking a magician to reveal his tricks, but, I just had to ask, as I feel this is important to cockfighting.

Thank you very much and thank you for being with us

More power!

tatodupaya

I second the motion Sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow good information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenciador
    Hi bombit!

Nice of you to join us

Anyway, my question would be about water and moisture.

Please teach me about it.

How important is it? how to regulate it? how to control it? Tips on fight day, etc...

Sorry, I know it's like asking a magician to reveal his tricks, but, I just had to ask, as I feel this is important to cockfighting.

Thank you very much and thank you for being with us

More power!
    REPLY:

SIR(S)/GENTLEMEN:

Moisture and/or water control indeed, is one of the most touchy issues going on for many years. And it is (my) firm and unshakable belief that the late Legendary Mr. the Honorable Jesse Cabalza, my Master and mentor told me, very emphatically that the deprivation of water will severely affect the cutting ability of a gamecock. With intensity (he) lectured, what do you think will happen even to a great athlete who is severely dehydrated?- the power will be lost, the agility will suffer and severe electrolyte imbalance will result.

Water being the greatest solvent, on fight day or even during the pointing period by this I mean with due respects, if for example, the fight day falls on a sunday- We rest our birds at exactly 12PM thursday. And occasionally brings them out in early morning and at 2PM in a cool area in the farm for mild walking only, so that the muscles will not become stiff.

Within the parameter of what was taught and personally done by me, under the direct instruction of Jesse Cabalza, with his original team of farm boys refering to "Jose" and Mr. Felix Gacuan (Rudy his farm boy in Antipolo was 10 years late if we based it from (my) discussion herein)- The water is only regulated by Jesse, in Saturday PM (day before the fight) at about six dips of water and on fight day, absolutely no water. However, his feeds on fight day are all cooked except, for the banana and in a container, that is moisture laiden and the feeding is graduated at (2) pecks every 30 minutes and the last feed at (2) pecks 7 fights before pitting time.

In short, in all candidness and sincerity, Jesse never over did it. He was a genius in being able to strike balance between moisture within and drying out without over doing it. This was his method when he practically anihillated the opposition at that time. With such degree of superiority unseen up to this present day. He only lost control of the circumstances when the personal touch was gone. Because in training, as he always lectured me, the same can never be delegated.

And these declarations hereunto given are so to speak, given under penalty of perjury and under oath therefore (thou not notarized to make it a public instrument).

My warm regards!

22. Likes algar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you bombit!

Regards.

ExtraMints

Sir,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this thread. If I may, how often do you limber out your roosters to check how they are coming along on the day of the fight?

Maraming Salamat po.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Academy

Cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said and very informative Sir Bombit.

Got your PM many thanks. Hope to see you in January.

yfis.

Quote Originally Posted by bombit aba
    REPLY:

SIR(S)/GENTLEMEN:

Moisture and/or water control indeed, is one of the most touchy issues going on for many years. And it is (my) firm and unshakable belief that the late Legendary Mr. the Honorable Jesse Cabalza, my Master and mentor told me, very emphatically that the deprivation of water will severely affect the cutting ability of a gamecock. With intensity (he) lectured, what do you think will happen even to a great athlete who is severely dehydrated?- the power will be lost, the agility will suffer and severe electrolyte imbalance will result.

Water being the greatest solvent, on fight day or even during the pointing period by this I mean with due respects, if for example, the fight day falls on a sunday- We rest our birds at exactly 12PM thursday. And occasionally brings them out in early morning and at 2PM in a cool area in the farm for mild walking only, so that the muscles will not become stiff.

Within the parameter of what was taught and personally done by me, under the direct instruction of Jesse Cabalza, with his original team of farm boys refering to "Jose" and Mr. Felix Gacuan (Rudy his farm boy in Antipolo was 10 years late if we based it from (my) discussion herein)- The water is only regulated by Jesse, in Saturday PM (day before the fight) at about six dips of water and on fight day, absolutely no water. However, his feeds on fight day are all cooked except, for the banana and in a container, that is moisture laiden and the feeding is graduated at (2) pecks every 30 minutes and the last feed at (2) pecks 7 fights before pitting time.

In short, in all candidness and sincerity, Jesse never over did it. He was a genius in being able to strike balance between moisture within and drying out without over doing it. This was his method when he practically anihillated the opposition at that time. With such degree of superiority unseen up to this present day. He only lost control of the circumstances when the personal touch was gone. Because in training, as he always lectured me, the same can never be delegated.

And these declarations hereunto given are so to speak, given under penalty of perjury and under oath therefore (thou not notarized to make it a public instrument).

My warm regards!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much sir bombit...for sharing this method,keep going sir.

Post Thanks / Like

very well said sir...... i'll try that system may be it will work on my rooster too.....

how about medication the last 3days up-to fight day, any input is very appreciated.....thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

sir bombit,

first of all, thank u so so much 4 sharing with all this information. i'm pretty sure that we are all so happy, because we are all learning from your words.

my question is: when you said that in fight day you feed the fowls every 30 mins (2 pecks), do you mean that, if for example you give morning feed (just 2 pecks), and from now on, every 30 mins you give 2 more pecks?

if it's so, what if you travel your fowls the same day of fight day and your travel time is 1 hour aprox.?

thank you so much sir!!

more power to you!!

sir RARAVEZ and unico,

get it.

cromon.
    Last edited by cromon; June 27th, 2007 at 02:04 AM.

RARAVEZ

Cromon,

no offense,, but you should send your text message to his Cell phone,,,ha ha ha,,

i do understand any way,,have a nice day,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RARAVEZ
    Cromon,

no offense,, but you should send your text message to his Cell phone,,,ha ha ha,,

i do understand any way,,have a nice day,,
    i agree!! ...with all due respect to the text messaging generation, it's really making it hard for us older generation to understand posts in text ..pardon my backwardness...
    Last edited by unico; June 27th, 2007 at 01:59 AM.

Cagayan Valley ... Pasay City... California ...
    Post Thanks / Like

RARAVEZ

You are right Sir ..

bwhahaha

QUOTE=RARAVEZ]Cromon,

i do understand any way,,have a nice day,,[/QUOTE]

baban

Smile Re: Conditioning by the Legendary Jesse Cabalza thru Bombit Abad and TJT Cocking Acad

your discussion is very enjoying thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cromon
    sir bombit,

first of all, thank u so so much 4 sharing with all this information. i'm pretty sure that we are all so happy, because we are all learning from your words.

my question is: when you said that in fight day you feed the fowls every 30 mins (2 pecks), do you mean that, if for example you give morning feed (just 2 pecks), and from now on, every 30 mins you give 2 more pecks?

if it's so, what if you travel your fowls the same day of fight day and your travel time is 1 hour aprox.?

thank you so much sir!!

more power to you!!

sir RARAVEZ and unico,

get it.

cromon.
    REPLY:

nO, you should feed your bird atleast 20 grams in the morning on fight day and that means they should digest their feeds by 12nn and thats the time, you start feeding (2) pecks every thirty minutes and the last two pecks is 7 fights before your fight time. This means in short, graduated feeding.

During travel to the pit, let us say early morning- no feeds. And make them comfortable as possible, because stress during travel can put your bird "off". They should look fresh on fight day. A tired looking bird is definitely "off".

Goodluck!