Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much does it cost to fence?

ilahas

Re: How much does it cost to fence?

the only other thing i may add to this is that the concrete blocks in the u.s. is solid like a rock and unless you use all force with a hammer, the u.s. concrete block is indestrubtible. at 8" x 16" it is dense, and massivery heavy. the philippines concrete blocks however at (4" or is it 6") is fragile. it will crumble on your handles with the slightest pressure. it is not uncommon for this blocks to crumble when picked up.

stacked vertically without any support, the u.s. concrete blocks is formidable. the same arrangement with the philippines concrete blocks is unstable.

2. Thanks apache2a thanked for this post
    Likes apache2a liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: How much does it cost to fence?

Mga Sabungerous,

Una Sa Lahat Unang Ayusin Natin Bahay Natin Baka Mas Maganda Pa Kulungan Ng Manok Natin Kisa Bahay Natin Save Money From Future Our Kids Even U R Abroad Or Local Empleyee.. Limit Your Budget,thats My Oppenion. Ay Mali Englsih Ang Thread Na Ito

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Erwin, with the financial "burden" of putting the farm improvements and maintaining a gamefarm, we have to find other alternative income that would be more frequent and dependable, and I thought of the fishpond to provide the income and defray the farm cost, plus the added value of security or deterrent against thieves.

Angkibit. Thank you for the suggestion to angle the cement footing about 45 degrees and slow down the deterioration of the walls. What would be the ideal distance of the fishpound from the concrete fence/wall: A- for better yield (for Tilapias) and security?

Thanks-Ed
    Ed,if you want a safer distance from the Center of the Fence or Property line its 3-3.5 Mtr.were you can utilise the 3mtr.as Cord area.Your very Safe from water Scouring.
    This is a nice idea putting FishPond around the Farm.Last Nov.i was in the PI,the per Cubic excavation is 24/cu.mtr.Use Backhoe or Excavator.

Ed,not the cement footing that you are going to angle its the side wall of your Fish Pond.
    Last edited by ANGKIBIT; May 31st, 2007 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilahas
    the only other thing i may add to this is that the concrete blocks in the u.s. is solid like a rock and unless you use all force with a hammer, the u.s. concrete block is indestrubtible. at 8" x 16" it is dense, and massivery heavy. the philippines concrete blocks however at (4" or is it 6") is fragile. it will crumble on your handles with the slightest pressure. it is not uncommon for this blocks to crumble when picked up.

stacked vertically without any support, the u.s. concrete blocks is formidable. the same arrangement with the philippines concrete blocks is unstable.
    In the Phil.we also have those Load Bearing CHB they are usually use in High Rise Construction.It is just not common to ordinary Folks Coz of the cost which is too expensive.

But you can do your own CHB,1Bag of Cement = 30-35Pcs.CHB this is Class A.Just pay the Labor per bag of Cem.Most of the CHB sold in the Phil.Commercial is 1Bag Cem. = 70-80 Pcs.that is why it crumbles when you hold it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Pre Wildfoot, my gosh the cost per running meter went up already. My estimated cost before was P1,000 per lineal meter. If I had to find an alternative to secure the farm and I thought of creating a fishpond surrounding the farm, similar idea as the water (moth?) around the castle as a deterent or security for the inhabitants With the fishpond, I also created an income stream that is more frequent (around 3 to 4 months cycle) as compared to gamecocks which could be 1-1/2 to 2 years when they are sold.

Pre Wildfoot, how far apart are the two fences? Maybe, you can dig the fishpond between the two fences and maybe in 1 year you can recoup the cost of the fences.

Good luck-Ed
    Ed they are 2 mtrs apart, just enough to let some dogs loose around the perimeter. I am planning to put a pond inside the farm, maybe this christmas.

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildfoot
    My Contractor charged me P1400/meter for a 8ft concrete fence. So if it's a square 100mtrs x 100mtrs (1 Hectare) it should be P560,000 per hectare plus P50,000 for gates and mechanism.

I recently had mine double fenced, two meters apart and will shortly install 60,000 volts on top of the inner fence. which can add another P300,000 per hectare depending on a system you choose. A cheaper electric fence can start from P50K.

Dont forget the ammo........Spend at least half that!

Wildfoot
    Wildfoot,

Thank you for the information that you have shared with us. For added security, i plan to have severals dogs and have them strategically placed around the farm. Firepower as back up too...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: How much does it cost to fence?

Two years ago the front road in my farm was elevated a couple of feet or more so my fence became too low for people to see inside the farm so i added five more blocks to complement the sudden height changed. As for reconstruction I need to replace a new gate with a new and bigger columns to handle much bigger weight of the gate. Good thing the footing of the entire wall is deep and wide enough to handle the new load.
    This adds on only cost me 100k. Good thing the rest of the three hectares wall was constructed 5 years ago when the prices of cements, gravel, sand and steel are still bearable. But if I am going to start fencing at today's materials price. I doubt if fencing such a huge area is possible in my limitations.

GRAZI

Nice stable fence you have boss.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me that might know how much it cost to use interlinked fence??? I was thinking of having 2 layers of CHB and install interlinked fence or cyclone fence framed in tubos and would have a concrete post every few meters. I was thinking if this is a less expensive way to put up a border around my farm? Any input would be of great help. Maraming salamat po.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hollow block wall

Quote Originally Posted by tallpaulg
    I have noticed that in building a hollow block wall the Filipinos grout every hole and use horizontal steel. Unless this is a retaining wall both are unnecessary. Horizontal steel in the footing is a must and vertical steel that is tied to the footing is also a must but it is only necessary to grout the holes with the vertical steel in them.

I notice that every several meters they build a square support post of concrete with a lot of steel in it, this is also unnecessary in my opinion. I believe that the typical Filipino footing is not wide enough, it should be 18" wide and 18" deep depending on the soil. The overkill on the posts and grout may be because of an inadequate footing.

Unless the wall is a seawall or a retaining wall a lot of concrete, steel and time is being wasted with these practices.

I will be happy to hear any opposing opinions.
    Have you ever experience a strong quake????

Post Thanks / Like

up

bulikproof

Quote Originally Posted by Bedminster
    Can anyone help me make a rough estimate on how much it would cost to fence a 1-hectare lot (in the Philippines) using hollow blocks and cement, assuming it would be 8 feet high? Thanks.
    Roughly 500-700,000 Php. I can only give you a hint cuz i myself were canvassing but i left the island last march. CB cost 9.00 Php each,1 hectare is 10,000 sq mtr, at 8 ft high,3 cb's below ground and 2 to 3 mtrs for posts apart from each other. Goodluck! i only base the price from a contractor friend whose got a project but he doesn't know i would have one done myself.ocf/bulikproof

Post Thanks / Like

raptor, around 200 thousand per 2,220 sq mtr. hb & interlink with gi pipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rhandy
    raptor, around 200 thousand per 2,220 sq mtr. hb & interlink with gi pipe.

Sir Rhandy,

Thank you for the info. This will help me come up with a more accurate figure.

raptor

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the informative post. Well may I just add that costing of fence will variably change with locations. A priority of fence installation will definitely save true and different results.

Regards,
    Park Ridge Fence Company