Thread: Lemon 84

mikesmith

Lemon 84

what Is A Lemon And Where Can I Find Some.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lemon 84

Let's wait for our knowledgeable cockmates to respond with your Q..

------------------------------

in the race for quality there is no finish line...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bronx
    grocery store hehehe just kidding
    its phillipines very own made bloodline of gamefowl.
    i dont know any1 in the states that sells 'em but they are all over the PI
    The lemon 84 was a three way cross that was shipped to the Philippines by the the late Duke Hulsey for Paeng Araneta consisted of Hatch, Butcher, and claret blood combination. As to the percentage of each blood from the 3 bloodlines only the late Duke knows, they were christened as the Lemons due to the fact that their striking features at a glance were their Lemon colored hackles. Initially, Ka Paeng Araneta received a trio of these "Lemon Hackled specimen from the late Duke Hulsey in 1965 and a BroodCock of the same Lemon Hackled Phenocharacteristic assumingly of the same combination of the 3 blood that of the mentioned above sporting a leg band # 84 in 1967......Hence, the initially coined Lemons were now re-christened as the Lemon 84 known throughout the cocking world particularly to all corners of the Philippine Islands to this very day!

Post Thanks / Like

How many Versions of Lemon is there? I have seen some on here that are green legged and yellow legged, or is that just how they all are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownred30
    How many Versions of Lemon is there? I have seen some on here that are green legged and yellow legged, or is that just how they all are?
    Ofcourse, they come true in different leg colors as looking back at their origin being a combination of hatch, butcher and claret blood they would sport blue and green legged from the hatch blood in them and white legged from claret and Butcher as well...with white legged credited from butcher/Claret by origin, infused in the Green legged phenotypicalcharacteristics from the hatch blood just the same, a yellow legged progenies among them lemons should never be confusing! since some hatches has both pea comb and straight comb phenotypicalcharacteristics in them, infused these to the straight comb characteristics of the butchers and clarets and VOILA!!!! you have lemons with white, green, blue and yellow legged colors with both straight and peacomb features!
    Last edited by ironchef; July 2nd, 2007 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef
    The lemon 84 was a three way cross that was shipped to the Philippines by the the late Duke Hulsey for Paeng Araneta consisted of Hatch, Butcher, and claret blood combination. As to the percentage of each blood from the 3 bloodlines only the late Duke knows, they were christened as the Lemons due to the fact that their striking features at a glance were their Lemon colored hackles. Initially, Ka Paeng Araneta received a trio of these "Lemon Hackled specimen from the late Duke Hulsey in 1965 and a BroodCock of the same Lemon Hackled Phenocharacteristic assumingly of the same combination of the 3 blood that of the mentioned above sporting a leg band # 84 in 1967......Hence, the initially coined Lemons were now re-christened as the Lemon 84 known throughout the cocking world particularly to all corners of the Philippine Islands to this very day!
    Thnx a lot ironchef for the info.... more power to you..

--------------------------

in the race for quality there is no finish line...

BAKMAS

thank you mr.ironchief, hopefully our kasabong are well informed

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Info sir Ironchef!

A pair of Sir Paeng's Lemon 84 will in my yard before the month of July 2007 ends.

Thanks sir Paeng!

Regards to all!

Post Thanks / Like

It is unfair to declare that these "Lemon 84's" only existed in the philippines! we must look back that these three way combos of Claret/Hatch/Butcher blood were bred in the yards of Duke Hulsey here in the United States....Only a partial of these blood were shipped to Paeng and he christened it as the L-84's...most of these blood that was bred by the late Duke went into the hands of his friends within his "circle of friends" meaning every breeder that has obtained the Hulsey blood from the late duke...not counting the very close people that fed, walked and conditioned fowls for Mr. Duke Hulsey...some of these individuals have obtained the same fowls which maybe to this very day...may have maintained the above blood just as they received or obtained it from the late Duke without any outside blood infusion! so, these Lemon Hackled blood that was shipped by the late Duke to the Philippines for Ka Paeng with most of it's brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousin's blood are still widely distributed here in the U.S. simply as the DUKE HULSEY FOWLS!!!
    Last edited by ironchef; July 2nd, 2007 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I NEVER SAID THAT THEY ONLY EXIST IN THE PI. I SAID I DNT IF ANYBODY SELLS DM IN THE STATES BUT THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PI.
    You may find them being sold as the old time plain Duke Hulsey fowls...the reason why i did the quote is to supplement the fact that these blood is also all over the mainland and majority of breeders has the Duke Hulsey blood in their fowls! and these are not the "philippine made bloodline"!! these fowls were originated and bred by the late Duke Hulsey...it is in the philippines where it became popularly known as the L-84's but in every drop of it's blood they are still and will always be the Duke Hulsey Fowls!
    Last edited by ironchef; July 2nd, 2007 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the main characteristic of Lemon that differs with other bloodline?

bugoy78

Toto ironchef maayo ka gid ba...thanks for that info though...halong!

Post Thanks / Like

be cool ironchef..

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys Theres A Breeder In Ga, Claims His Lemons Originated From Duke?and He Aslo States That The Tejada Brothers Of Negros Are The Ones Using His Birds!his Name Is T. Mills[HOME OF THE GEORGIA FLYERS]
    Last edited by itoy; July 2nd, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

there's a guy in Texas last name Huron check his website who has also so called lemon rooster according to his website he is one of circle of friends of the late "Duke"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunguton
    be cool ironchef..
    Just what do you mean by " be cool ironchef....? have you been offended by any chance in any of my post? i am merely providing some infos for the benefits nating lajat! the posters made by kaibigang ramun and itoy proves that the the Duke Hulsey blood is very much alive and kicking dito sa mainland U.S. of A.!
    Last edited by ironchef; July 2nd, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Updates Pareng Bronx as i have received a pm from my very good friend Cris Mila of DeerSprings GameFarm in California with Jun Palma revealing some facts that Dink fair of the Dink Fair Sweater fame used to feed and walked cocks for the late Duke Hulsey...Here is a very fine Lemon Hackled specimen from Dink Fair which Dink called them Lemons he got from The late Duke Hulsey now at the Broodpens of DeerSprings GameFarm in Escondido California. maraming salamat!

Last edited by ironchef; July 3rd, 2007 at 01:05 AM.

Heart of Panay , Passi City , Iloilo , Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Duke Hulsey Lemon

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry pre....but it's a little misleading especially for beginners...no offense intended but your post said...... "it's philippines own made bloodline"

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting thread !

Baja

redm

Thumbs up Re: Lemon 84

precised info sir!tnx!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef
    Updates Pareng Bronx as i have received a pm from my very good friend Cris Mila of DeerSprings GameFarm in California with Jun Palma revealing some facts that Dink fair of the Dink Fair Sweater fame used to feed and walked cocks for the late Duke Hulsey...Here is a very fine Lemon Hackled specimen from Dink Fair which Dink called them Lemons he got from The late Duke Hulsey now at the Broodpens of DeerSprings GameFarm in Escondido California. maraming salamat!

IC, can you pm the contact # of your kumpadre (deer spring). There's been quite a few inquiries about Lemons Bloodlines to me from friends in the PI. They asked me if I could facilitate some CHICKENS FOR BREEDING PURPOSES ONLY to be ship over there. YIFS.