Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black japs vs. black asil

Post Thanks / Like

black japs vs. black asil

which do you like better and why, and what are the main differences between them?

mikesmith

Re: black japs vs. black asil

I dont know much about neither one but my cousin likes Black asils because he thinks there smarter and knows better moves

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard good things about both, if they of good quality. Colt39 has some quality Black Japs !

Baja

SKheeler

Japs are generally faster than asils and tend to be sidesteppers.Asils are more defensive too.The main thing is to get quality birds and you'll be happy with either.

ellisgamefowl

Jerry Hamlins black asils & Jim Clems black japs are both very good families. I have them both.

The asils seem to be a bit more defensive in nature. They don't really look impressive when sparring but they have proven to be very deliberate & accurate.

The japs have a blazing shuffle with quick recoil & tend to be a little more aggressive than the asils.

Both are very powerful and well built. The difference I've seen is that the asils will generally be a bit higher in station and defensive where the japs are medium stationed, fast multiple shufflers.

Post Thanks / Like

do any of them have a tendency to sleep when wounded?

Post Thanks / Like

ellis
    Thanks for parsing the differential qualities of these fowl for me. That was the exact comparision of style I wanted to know. I have seen Les M's fowl (Atkinson & Boles). Just 3 wks. ago and will again Sat. to pratice some of these for a show. But, I have not seen good black aseels in action. I plan to get over to Jim C's place to look at his fowl soon.
    ellis, is there a great or subtle difference in the these fowls disposition, as regarding man fighters, nervousness, and in general, pleasure of handling? Again, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize that asils vary in temperament from family to family, so will the japs. I have seen asil x black and jap x black types go. I have seen Gowdy (red japs) in AZ. and CO. And, many asil grades go. Thanks for posting

ellisgamefowl

You're welcome blackdeath. No, there really isn't much difference in their character. Both are gentle and will hardly ever peck you. They really are a pleasure to own. I have had a few of the asils shuffle up my leg when I stepped in the pen with them but after handling them a few times they learned to trust me " I guess" and gentled down like the majority of their brothers.
    Both are also very calm & calculated. I haven't crossed them yet with my "American" strains but I think it's a fair guess to say that they would help calm down a nervous type strain. I think they will also help most american strains body confirmation also as they are very muscular in the breast and thighs. Their keel bone also goes all the way down to their.....well.....butthole....for lack of a better term. This will help alot of those short bred type strains.
    boolick, All I'll say is that they are very well bred.

Post Thanks / Like

so the black japs are the same as royal japs? how did they get to cross the bigger pond?

Post Thanks / Like

bump up da bolyum!!

Post Thanks / Like

bump
    in case anyone else may have new info. Are there photos out there of a royal jap? and who owns them here in Pilipinas?

mannawray

ellisgamefarm do you bred your japs and asil with each other and if you do how do they turn out. just got some black jap blood and thinking about breeding them to my red boles asil. also thinking about crossing the jap to a rampuri asil. crossing a half boles and half rampuri asil to my western fowl now can't wait to find out how it does. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

mannawray, where did you get your royal japs from and the red boles asil? how inbred are your boles? That would be interesting to see how they come out with your western fowls! let me know how they come out.
    yfis

expressdelivery

expressdelivery

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: black japs vs. black asil

what kind of camera did you use to create the
    pictures ? must be expensive ? like the way
    the photos turned out. clear and crisp and
    really up close.

clickfish

Quote Originally Posted by ellisgamefowl
    Jerry Hamlins black asils & Jim Clems black japs are both very good families. I have them both.

The asils seem to be a bit more defensive in nature. They don't really look impressive when sparring but they have proven to be very deliberate & accurate.

The japs have a blazing shuffle with quick recoil & tend to be a little more aggressive than the asils.

Both are very powerful and well built. The difference I've seen is that the asils will generally be a bit higher in station and defensive where the japs are medium stationed, fast multiple shufflers.
    i always thought that japs are bigger than asils?

Post Thanks / Like

black japs..

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning fellow colleagues in the sport, I would just like to share my experience with these 2 bloodline

Asil – there are lots of asil available but the one that I will be referring to will be the Pakistani Asil we call them patan… patan are big birds has round feet tight feathered slow movement but very deadly in cutting, they can out done an opponent is a single blow, most are head hunters and used fot gaffs.

Black Japs – medium high to high stationed bird, they have a better built meaning more bones, has good breaking ability, smart birds that can unleash a shuffle.

For me directly speaking I prefer the JAPS, when crossed to a good line like they can produce better fighters, shuffling and cutting ability are the key characters they have, and they are smart fighter, I prefer to crossed them to more game blood like the mcleans or bluface, the reason to for them to become more gamer and aggressive and to trimmed down their size because they are a big bird, most people use asil because of color, they don’t like the black they prefer the red or grey color, but for those folks who love off colored birds especially black, I recommend the black, we had our line of japs from a friend which originated from bulacan the father was an 8 time winner both hacks and derby and still alive without having any mortal wound.

expressdelivery

i had to kill my imported trio of japs
    i am not that lucky with them

goodluck to all of you
    that want to venture with this bloodline
    i prefer my parawakan grades
    they are a lot brainy and vicious
    and they possess the vertical climb......angat sarado
    unlike the japs.......they go up diagonal.........salto

Post Thanks / Like

my JAP line tested and proven

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hampaslupa
    black japs..

Sir hampy,

Are those the Japs you told me before? When can I pick up a pullet? I'll be home this July, hope to meet you then...

Chris
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo

cabegania

We just fought 4 black asil/rhd cross April 5 and we won 4 out of 4 with little cut on them and won fast with less than a minute every fight.

Post Thanks / Like

ORION you've got nice japs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnucum
    Sir hampy,

Are those the Japs you told me before? When can I pick up a pullet? I'll be home this July, hope to meet you then...

Chris
    yes chris those are the japs...i'll let you know by mid june...i've got some japs crosses coming this mid-april..have a good day to you chris..

Post Thanks / Like

Besides color is there a difference between black japs and red japs?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment Barenahan i am really a lover of black fowl especially the Japs.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently obtained a pair of black gowdy japs from texas from a gut named mendoza these are great looking birds but my cock is a yellowish colored leg is this an acceptable trait of black gowdy japs. I have pics if anyoone can help me on the topic. These are suposed to be from original sam gowdy line and i only got them through a friend of the mendoza guy.

Labrat

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of VS why not +?

Black Rampuri Asil + Black Jap (Jim Clem)

Chris
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo