Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Roosters!!!

evolution4

Black Roosters!!!

Hi guy, Im new in fowlgame so please give me some idea!!! Im looking in breeding Black roosters but you guy dont chat much about Black, so if you know much about Black please reply.
    Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like
    well speaking from the philippines where cockfighting is everywhere and a lot is into cockfighting, the general beleif with black fowl is that they sleep during a fight and they are not game enough, now that is generally speaking of course. in fact even some types of greys are not that liked too.

i had owned some old english blacks and I dont care for them, my preference are reds, dark reds the better, now this is my choice. but one time I pitted a prized red against a black jungle fowl, went all the way with my bet, i was the favored one by the bettors, but I dont know the odds given, to make the story short, the black just gave my red one stroke, just one stroke to the heart that is, you know the feeling being lightheaded? that's how I felt! but it's all good, just dont have the money to show the honeys after that.

:lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Where is nice Blacks ?

Will anyone recommend nice real Blacks fighter with speed and gameness ? I have never had Blacks in Ph so I am so interested in them as breeding material . I like to blend nice Blacks to my
    japanese Blacks to improve .
    Truely appreciate your advice
    masao

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind this is just from my experience. I have had real good success with Kent Mugs and Black Roundheads aka (N***er Roundheads). If you can find a breeder that has the Pure Kent Mugs or Black Roundheads they are real good long knife birds. They are real fast, and very aggressive, multiple shuffling style birds. They dont break real high, thus they have a problem sometimes with high flying birds, IF they follow them in the air. On the ground is where their strength is. Not too many breeds can out shuffle a Kent Mug or N****r Roundhead on the ground (Im talking about the real pure ones). The only real weakness was that they arent considered real deadly accurate cutters, but they made up for it by outshuffling the other bird but because of their overwhelming in your face aggressiveness and multiple shuffling style, they would get cut alot in winning and most of our birds although they won would die because of their fighting style. It is true that these black breeds are considered more of the speed type, multiple shuffle fowl than the powerful, single stroke, accurate cutting fowl. General perception among most cockers is that they are lacking in accurate cutting and gameness, but again, that is just a stereotypical image of them. We had no problems as far as gameness was concerned with either of the above bloodlines. By the way, one of the more succesful and popular black breeds currently being fought in Long Knife in Hawaii and winning is the McCrae bloodline, which is madeup of alot of or in actuality is in fact another name for the original N****er Rounheads or the politically correct name of Black Roundheads.

There are other black breeds other than the two listed above, like Sid Taylors, Brown Red Shufflers, Mugwumps, Candian Mugs, Brown Red Hazards, etc...

Most breeders have had very good success crossing the black bloodlines with Hatch (Mclean, Ruble, Blueface). We had some Canadian Mug/Mclean Hatch crosses that were nearly unbeatable in LK. Unfortunately we had to sell all our birds due to Calfornia laws and city ordinances. My suggestion to you is find a reputable breeder that has good, proven black bloodlines and visit or talk with him or her to see what your actually getting.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for very useful information

Hi Leocadio408
    Thanks very much for your lesson on Blacks .
    I like to look for nice Balcks in Ph at next visit .
    Well , where are nice Blacks in Ph ?
    masao

Post Thanks / Like
    try to contact bigfoot from cavite..they have kent mug and very good black

Post Thanks / Like

Evo4

Are you in Australia?

If you are, then you're welcome to take a pair of Blevins Wingate (Thompson Valley) I've had them since the late 80's. The stag is blinkered but is a picture Cock, the hen is 2yrs old. Let me know as culling starts in 2 weeks. These are good blacks.........

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Blacks

I'm not sure what was infused to our Black Hatches and Sid Taylors by the breeder whom we got our stock all iknow is they rock! Right now they are the winningest line in our yard, they're fast, breaks high and game like any other fowl we have best of all..they're BLacks!!:sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like
    evolution4

Thanks for starting this thread. Where are the blackfowl enthusiast? please kindly share your input.

I have no successed with my blackfowl breeding them straight. Neither breeding them with several tested hens, most of the offspring I've produced are manfighters neither 3/4 black-1/4 hatch. I'm certainly sure that am not weak on this task, proper selection of brood materials. I did this trial and error for about 5 years.

I like breeding them with blueface and mc lean broodhen. I've produced an offspring of multitime winner on this mating. Just 1/2 black-1/2 hatch. One thing I like on this bird is their cutting accuracy inherit from the mc lean blood.

Hope to hear some input, idea and feedback from our fellow cockers.

Yfis,
    BrilleSeeker

Post Thanks / Like

Good breeder of Black McRaes

Need some recommendation where to get a good line of McRaes in the US...Just started to become a Black Enthusiast...:wink2:

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking evolution4 you can't go wrong with wildfoot !!!

wildfoot sent me his blacks and whitehackles and both were very good fighters... take his offer you can't go wrong with wildfoot.

joey sad to say my whitehackles and your australian black were among those I lost to thieves recently... by thieves I mean my former handler .

if you will be coming your way back here eggs please
    :lol: thanks again joey.

cheers to all !!!

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallos Locos and Mayor Bonoy if you want blacks !!!

Gallos Locos has been using and breeding blacks for sometime now... paging JC lopez we need your input here.

if you live anywhere in laguna go to Bai and visit the farm of Mayor bonoy he has some beautiful blacks which he has been breeding for a long time now.

I've been very lucky with blacks, never had the sleeping problem with them, I guess proper conditioning is the answer.
    mine has red eyes not black.

cheers and good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

BrilleSeeker

We've been very lucky with our Sid Taylors, to begin with they are not the typical brown reds that are known to rush on their opponents. They are brainy and agile, with quickness and topples their opponents on breaks.. We've crossed them to pretty much every other breed we have ( except the greys which we have'nt tested) with success... Next year i'll be fielding shows of Blacks on the GD hopefully.

Of notable excitement to us where the ones crossed to our Mclean Hatch.. We have plenty that came out as hard hitting power cocks! We just have to pick the ones that kept their style from the Sid Taylor side, because some came out as shuffler till you drop type. Next year we'll try crossing Red Fox Mcleans to our 7/8 Blacks, now this is cause for more excitement to us!

And then we have plenty of chicks now from crossing a pure Albany over Sid Taylor-Mclean hens..I'll hopefully test the stags this season - so far half came out as black chicks!:smoke:

lakay

Black/Dark fowl

I have some from Chip Baker and I like them, both red and dark eyes but i prefer the red eyed ones. http://heartsurgeonfarm.50megs.com

I don't sell any and I am not an agent of the above.

Lakay

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Mcrae with Black Bonanza Hen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

james wolf
    velcro farm, fought 4 stags last year, all winners jim

river_fox79

Cool

Guys try the blacks of rom_ph's Black Phoenix, I heard that it is his prized cock, I also aquired some from him and got some good results out of it. Just ask the others about Phoenix farm, I think they are selling some right now, If I were you I'd get some of his Canadian blacks and Mclane Hatches... Good luck to you guys, I hope I helped you in some ways....

Post Thanks / Like

Princess

Sad news...... Tried to contact you many times but you're as elusive as ever.

Email me on wildfootfarms@hotmail.com and we'll work something out.

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Fans of Blacks!

Hey Guys,
    I'm a closet case fan of Blacks I've bred Blacks since the late 80's and have maintained them pure and INBRED even until now. My black blood came from John Richbourg of "Richbourg" entry from Oklahoma. They won cocker of the years with them in Red Arrow, etc in LK.
    THese Blacks are GAME! Cut, cut, cut and Powerful. They got ABILITY! They can also take inbreeding and still maintain it's good traits.
    I've never bred alot of them because Dad dont like blacks and he pays for feed hehehehe. I though never let go of any of them because I loved them so much for years.
    Anyhow, this year I finally bred plenty of pure ones that I banded for NGBA. So I will probably have a show of them in Bacolod NGBA stag wars. I know they're game enough to fight pure and fight stag. Also know that they have what it takes to win.
    I'd like to see more people fight good black blood as it's reputation as sleepers is B.S.
    Mayor Bonoy has also good black blood and the guy in bacolod that fights the Alablama Blacks (DeLosantos). They both have good black blood. Did you see that Alabama Black destroy that Newton Wade Sweater? That was one of the highlights of the battle of the giants.

Best,
    Victor Sierra
    Super SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys I crossed my blacks to my Mcleans and the results are okey. I think more or less they won 80 % to 90% of their first fight. But the problem is most of them are very high strung so I have to give extra effort to make them tame and I have to fight them at an older age. So I did a little experiment, I thought why not cross them to my albany's because my albany's are more gentle compared to the Mcleans and they were as game and as powerful. The results was the black/albany crosses had the speed of the blacks and they also had the gameness, power and cuttingablility of the albany's and they were also a lot more aggressive, so I now I could fight them at a younger age but the problem is that most of them are man fighters. I can you give me a little advise on this guys.

Post Thanks / Like

joeper

We noted the same thing with our Mclean-Black Sid crosses, some came out high strung but very deadly on the knife thats why we'll stick on this cross. This year we have plenty of chicks out of pure Albany crossed over the Mclean/ Black Sid hens that we have..i'll post how they turn out.. oh boy they are all robust!

evolution4

Black in Australia!!!!

Hey guy,
    Thanks you all of you for the informations but im from Australia a dont think any of you guy from Australia or else i will contact you guy but asvice is very helpful once again thanks !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

oh well

Evo 4,

Looks like you did'nt read my post.........

Oh well, Sauted Wingates on the menu this Sunday....I hope it goes well with RED wine.

Wildfoot

boysen
    hello wildfoot, do u have any number to contack u. im in melbourne i hope i can visit u oneday there in sydney..

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good input from joeper and Bty Hunter.

Joeper, Thank you for sharing your experienced in crossing with Brownred and Albany. Hope you'll be successful. I have good successed with my dark fowl cross to Mc Lean hatch but haven't tried the Brownred-Albany cross.

Bty Hunter, Sids and dark fowl cross well with Mc Lean blood. The crossing of your Sids, Mc Lean and Albany blood sounds interesting. You have another cross variation. Did you try this crossing before? Keep us posted guys.

Yfis,
    BrilleSeeker

Manuel Julian

Blacks

What you want is a good dead game blacks line,if you can find one.

james wolf
    joeper & BtyHunter, question: what % of Albany do you prefer in your crosses? jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Black Mcraes

Ive bred My Mcraes for a little over 20 years .........They are as game as any fowl Ive seen and cut very very well .............Mine are a little high strung as stags but as they mature they calm down real well............They can be fought as stags but I prefer to fight them as cocks .........Mine come from about 5 5 lbs. to 6 lbs.

They are medium to high station and have decent power .....I do cross them to hatch on ocassion but prefer to fight them pure as we do best with the pure ones........Went 12 out of 14 last year with them ........Ive tried some other type of black blood but nothing in my opinion has ever come close ............I know that their are other lines of Black that are very good ............I just havent seen them .............

I got my start from a man who knew Mr. Mcrae personally ...........Mr. Mcrae sent most if not all his fowl to Hawaii . Thats why the best Mcrae blood comes from here in the Islands .......Lately It seems that alot of guys seeem to have this blood ........I guess good news travels fast ..........LOL........

I'd recommend if you anyone with good Mcraes get them ............I know Mr. Mel Simms has some great Mcrae blood as he got his Blacks from the same man I got mine from ..........I actually infused some of his blood into mine this past year and all the stags I have out of this mateing are awsome .............we will see how they do next year when they are 2 year old cocks .........

As you can tell I love my Blacks ..............They are the favorite fowl for me on my farm ............:rbounce:

jason24

Thumbs up nigger roundhead

i have both nigger roundhead & oscar akins black grays we have had great luck with both in short knif & gaff we have crossed with mule train grays and mule train bates also we have crossed with our roll maker bluface.

Post Thanks / Like

james wolf

Based on our past experience we have not gone past 50% Albany because we are afraid the battle fowls would conform to the Albany way of fighting. The 1/4's crossed to Kelso, Roundheads, greys and GL hatches turned out great...they get the power and cutting of the albanys with the speed and brains of the crosses.

Thats why this Albany/ Black Sid- Mclean is very intriguing for us..We hope they would still get off the ground like our previous blends due to the Mclean blood.:hippie: