Thread: black roundheads

Post Thanks / Like

black roundheads

another bloodline thats not much talk about comparing to their white legged counterpart , can they show and bred like em also............this are pretty birds too , whos good breeders who show em regularly like the wl ones..........can they cross well with the sweaters and etc. ...........break it down fellow cockers and show some pics of em black roundheads.......pures and crosses..........are their style the same or different from the other black breeds like the brown reds , mcrae, mugs ,red quils , travellers , sids , velcros and etc.........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: black roundheads

sam wactor crossed a irish grimes to a shelton roundhead and called them nigger trotter or
    nigger roundheads...bill mcrae crossed the nigger roundhead to a hux kelso and the make up is now called the black mcrae's

Post Thanks / Like

great share kogs!!! urdamann!!!

joshdel2005

Sir A1GFARMS, Here is our version of black roundhead they are good to cross with hatches like the blueface hatch and you will have a perfect fighting machine game to the core.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=5cb43262.pbw

james wolf

architect1 posted a picture in the gallery of 1 of my nigger crosses under his name, a nigger/regular roundhead cross, nigger from the late clinis hall & the reg roundhead from lancey de la torre. got the nigger from clinis because i have velcros which have alot of mcrae blood & got a mcrae from rich torre for the same reason. all the nigger needs is some brains.
    Last edited by james wolf; July 25th, 2007 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: black roundheads

What a great beauty to behold

Post Thanks / Like

si boss (joey) wildfoot magaganda nag mga nigger roundhead niya

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i think..black roundhead are same as nigger roundhead...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loisbugoy
    i think..black roundhead are same as nigger roundhead...
    sam wactor's nigger roundhead or nigger trotter has no black blood in them...they are irish grimes crossed to a shelton roundhead...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackson
    Good Day,
    As I Know Black Rounhead Is A Crosses Of Roundhead And Mcrea.

mcrae is a cross between sam wactors nigger roundhead and hux kelso...so, there's still no black blood in them...

edmundo

in the gathering at mac white's place last sept. 2005, george wood narrated the history and makeup of the lacy rondhead - he said his undle judle lacy started with roundheads from burnell shelton. later on, he infused it with the bayer brown red. during the 1930's, there was another infusion, the cowan roundheads. the last infusion was either a butcher or whitehackle. that last part, george wood was already mumbling so i couldn't understand clearly what he was saying about the last infusions before his uncle died. it's quite interesting to know that the lacy roundhead contains some black blood after all.

Post Thanks / Like

the mcraes were a blend of diffrent black bloods four webber started off as hatch roundhead mug blends there after new blood was added but william f mcrae never told anyone what he did he also had many set strains of blacks that he sold as mcraes he had the old time hoover sweeper blends in which he sold to john bull souza late 70s one of the first men in hawaii to get them he also had the elms mcrae which were cecil davis out n out kelsos bred to four webber they were centipede legged and pea comb steven clark cirle c farm aumsville oregon had them direct from william f mcrae and sold them to the segui fammliey in hawaii as they were fighting mcraes exclusively in hawaii in the early 80.s raymond reyno had mcrae blacks and told me they were black traveler crosses in which he won many derbies including fillipines he to this day made the mcraes famous in hawaii as for sam wactor senior he did indeed sell niggers to mcrae but william f mcrae was a master breeder of his own his base bloods were will allen round head and dehner racey mug in which he crossed every which way james mac white was good freinds with mcrae and shared to public a few years ago breeding records of mcrae those who claim to know his breeding are far from it as william had a small circle of freinds and shared blood with very few smokey wallace, cecil davis,duke hulsey,got the good ones there after asao kurosaki paia maui the mcraes blacks are various crosses the last breeding of four webber had an infusion of royal fammliey japs which came from that japanese man in maui in which he crossed to four webber these were his last matings and 2 trios were given back to asao how far they were graded i do not know mac white ended up with them and gave them to dr randell d herring talasse alabama the dr told me they were very old and had williams wing bands and were marked in all four webs they were about 8 years old when bred them the offspring bred true to the cross as full nest brothers and sisters were described like this two salmon colored pullets lemon necks indication of jd doc oneil hatch and ressive sex link color gene of grist grady red quill in will allen round heads ,1 dark eyed straight comb spangle with dark face stag was favoring racey mug ,3 pea comb black reds round head looking favoring original parent stock with wing bands widowed browed flat headed pullets head shape indicates infusion of oriental continued

Post Thanks / Like

the mcraes do contain black blood from statements and facts sent to me and also conversations with breeders who knew william f mcrae as for the niggers i firmly belive that they are a part of the pakage as i have two strains of mcrae fowl. the wactor niggers are blacks the ones i have are 95 percent black there eyes entire face bodies are black pullets are pea comb black legged black tounge a few with red straw trow back will include some patches of white feather if barely any most are jet black and some will have red eyes these are the wactors they came from a breeder rick albright black n blue milford utah i got these as gifts they are awesome cutters rick albright inherited the niggers from sam wactor senior and blended them to mcraes from raymond reyno these cut are game and somtimes come shakes p.s iam not an authority on mcrae fowl guys i dont want to take any credits away from anyone on here posting these are facts i gathered as i was always amazed at these fowl that i went to most everyone i could to learen about this man he is passed but surely my mentor i thanx mac white dr randell herring the old time cockers here in hawaii and to the ones who passed on and gave me such great information about this man and his fowl black round heads are awesome game fowl

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    mcrae is a cross between sam wactors nigger roundhead and hux kelso...so, there's still no black blood in them...
    Black Grimmes and Black Irish are basically/if not the same strain.
    Black Irish or Black Grimmes have that mulberry face trait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo
    in the gathering at mac white's place last sept. 2005, george wood narrated the history and makeup of the lacy rondhead - he said his undle judle lacy started with roundheads from burnell shelton. later on, he infused it with the bayer brown red. during the 1930's, there was another infusion, the cowan roundheads. the last infusion was either a butcher or whitehackle. that last part, george wood was already mumbling so i couldn't understand clearly what he was saying about the last infusions before his uncle died. it's quite interesting to know that the lacy roundhead contains some black blood after all.
    The Lacy has Baird Brown Red blood and the hen was black.