Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coccidiosis

Post Thanks / Like

Coccidiosis

doc,
    what's a good medication against Coccidiosis for treatment and prevention? I heard Corid is good but is there any other effective products available? I'm thinking of Di-methox and Sulmet, and other generic sulfa as other source? And, w/c would be preferrable the powdered or solution?
    Last, is Coccidiosis the # 1 reason why baby chicks die instantyly? Coz, some of them looked really strong and healthy and just die the next day. tanx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coccidiosis

Try Baycox works good for me.

Post Thanks / Like

subukan mo 'tong dalawang ito

Amprol
    ESB3

Post Thanks / Like

Amprolium maganda rin.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaro J
    doc,
    what's a good medication against Coccidiosis for treatment and prevention? I heard Corid is good but is there any other effective products available? I'm thinking of Di-methox and Sulmet, and other generic sulfa as other source? And, w/c would be preferrable the powdered or solution?
    Last, is Coccidiosis the # 1 reason why baby chicks die instantyly? Coz, some of them looked really strong and healthy and just die the next day. tanx
    i'll help you on this matter....up up up

Post Thanks / Like

ESB3 is good but expensive. Pyristat is economical yet effective. I will try Baycox too!

Post Thanks / Like

Di ko lang alam kung meron pa sa market ang Dynamutilyn at Cosumix powders. Ito ang ginagamit ko dati dahil napanood ko ito sa Tukaan at in-endorse noon ni Idol PA. Kung medyo malala na ay paghaluin ang mga ito at napaka-epektibo talaga. Sa maghapon lang na mapainom mo ang mga sisiw na tinamaan ng coccidiosis ay makikita mo na bumabalik sa normal ang mga nakalaylay nilang pakpak at bumabalik din ang sigla. This combination is the most effective so far na nakita at nagamit ko para sa coccidiosis.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hindi yata pang cocci ang dynamutilin at consumix ng novartis. Ang recomenda nila sa cocci ay ESB3.

Ang ibang produkto para sa cocci ay Gallistat ng Robina, sulfaquinoxalene ng Excellence, at Axylin ng Sagupaan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaro J View Post
    doc,
    What are the symptoms of this disease?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the symptoms is blood in the droppings. We give the chicks medicated feed witch is called nicarb and mix with grain once they get older. Keeps them from getting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 209Albany View Post
    I believe the symptoms is blood in the droppings. We give the chicks medicated feed witch is called nicarb and mix with grain once they get older. Keeps them from getting it.
    Thanks ALBANY

Post Thanks / Like

Try Axylin i mixs 2 packs to 1 gallon water and drench my feed just enough to get it all wet and feed the chickens for 7 days

Post Thanks / Like

Tultrazoril per Dr.Gil of Tukaan but haven't tried this yet.we use di-methox(sulfadimethoxine) which is good for coccidiosis,fowl cholera,shipping fever complex,bacterial pneumonia ie.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Check out this very good and informative article on your problem

Parasite Management for Natural and Organic Poultry: Coccidiosis
    ...good info pops..

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried baxidil, ripcox( Tultrazoril) now I am trying ESB3. Hope this works. If not, my joe good grey pullet is in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried sulmet.... i use it cap per gallon as 3 day old chicks consecutively until about 3 months and once a month after until there about 6 months. hope this helps

17. Likes turbo_harpoon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day sir..try noxal or pyristat......

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Coccidiosis

folks ... i used "sulfa" powder vet meds (commercially available either Thunderbird, Sagupaan, Excellence, etc) mixed in their drinking water, advisable after their morning ration for 3 to 5 days as preventive measures .... cocci is difficult to cure and even if seem cured, total recovery is still a question, it weakens the immune system and even make the fowl a living hosts ... contaminating the environment ... its always present, so better do prevention ... on top of preventive medication ... maintain good housekeeping ... in my experience, under 3months old ..once contacted with cocci, its almost certain death ... so in early sign, immediately separate the healthy, give them sulfa meds and cull the infected ... hope this helps ...cheers!!

20. Likes GoldenDragon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i was told once by an old guy to put crushed red pepper in their food a couple times a week i do it and use unmedicated feed and have never had a problem with coccidiosis, i dont know if its the pepper or just good luck but its working and im going to keep doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Amprol powder 1tsp per gallon of water for five days for the treatment of coccidiosis. Sulquin 6-50 (sulfaquinaxoline) 1tsp per gallon of water for 3 days, 2 days of fresh water, then 3 more days of sulquin for the cure of coccidiosis, cholera, typhoid, entheritis, pullorum. Then there is Corid, Di-Methox (sulfadimethoxine), sulmet all good for coccidiosis. Choice of drug depends on the identification of the coccidia involved.

Coccidiosis is an infection or disease of the intestinal tract, a single cell animal causes a protozoan. When the bird is infected with this disease the germ will destroy the lining and tissue of the intestinal tract. This interferes with the absorption and digestion of feed, it causes hemorrhaging and anemia and it allows other disease producing germs to enter into the system through the damaged intestinal lining. The most critical time for cocci is when the chicken is between 4 to 16 weeks of age, but cocci in mature fowl will cause them to be thin breasted and weak legs. Symptoms to watch for, loss of appetite, chronic diarrhea or blood- spotted diarrhea, sometime ruffled unkept appearance and loss of weight in chicks 3 weeks to 9 months old. In young birds, droopiness, huddling with ruffled feathers, loss of appetite and desire to drink, weight loss, watery, mucous, or pasted, tan or blood-tinged diarrhea. In adult birds thin breast, weak legs, reduce egg production and diarrhea. Yellow-skin birds pale comb, skin and shanks.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

i noticed alot of blood in my chicks droppings the other day,it was just blood nothing solid about it, just straight blood.. and i just put 1 - 1 1/2 tbs. of the powered corid you can get from tractor supply.. i do a head count everynight and all are still coming in to the coop every day ... and nore more blood from what ive seen...

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, try to use Tepox 48 from excellence, it really worked on my chickens cocci droppings, after 2 days the chicks were back to normal,
    but i have problem now on where to buy them, so I changed to Baxidil XE and Axylin. It also works but kinda slow acting.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically to what I'm reading any sulfur based drug will help

Post Thanks / Like

How much Baycox to a gallon of water? Anyone using this?

Disciple

One piece of advice when cleaning up infected birds area you need to use Ammonia as its the only way to kill the oocysts. Let it saturate a while then spray off good. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Dimethox is really good stuff. It don't only cure coccidious it also takes care of coryza and chlora. If you live in the US get it before 2017 because you'll have to have a very prescribe it to you.

Disciple

Anyone ever use Turmeric powder in the water? 1 teaspoon per gallon of water works well. I've had good luck with this

Disciple

Sorry meant 1/2 teaspoon per gal.of water

Post Thanks / Like

I start chicks on medicated feed and leave them on it till about 4 months old then every 2 wks put 1 tblsp apple cidar vinegar to a gallon of water. I also run corid for everything on the yard during hot rainy weather per instructions for prevention. I also feed the chicks the soaked oats with acv.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Anyone ever use Turmeric powder in the water? 1 teaspoon per gallon of water works well. I've had good luck with this
    I read a lot of good things about Turmeric, many good health benefits for animals & humans alike.