Thread: Bloodlines and their fighting traits/styles

Hybrid View

7_stings

Smile Bloodlines and their fighting traits/styles

A pleasant day to all gentlemen cockers:

Considering every cocker/breeder's dearth to produce excellent battlefowls, i believe that some of the factors to be considered in producing such are the "Bloodlines and their specific fighting traits/styles." I'd like to believe that each bloodline possesses a fighting trait which is of course distinct from the others, like for example:

A hatch is a deep-game fowl with extreme power and is deadly on the ground, on the other hand, a sweater is better known for its swarming attack on air as well as on the ground...

Well, as years passed by, we have seen a lot of strains that were developed by notable breeders here and abroad...Yesterday we saw the Whitehackles, Brown Reds, Sid Taylor Blacks, etc. Today we have the Gilmore hatches, McLeans, Butchers, Albanys, Radios, Kelsos, etc..can anyone share us the specific fighting styles and special traits of these fowls, gentlemen? Your knowledges are highly elicited. Thank You in advance!

7_STINGS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bloodlines and their fighting traits/styles

that's a lot to type sting...and today is my heart attack day...my wife will come home in a very bad mood being monday...i'll stay out of her sight...it's margarita night at the border...

expressdelivery

pareng kogs
    have the bathtub ready
    and the best champange
    hahaha

and play the music of jose carerra

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    that's a lot to type sting...and today is my heart attack day...my wife will come home in a very bad mood being monday...i'll stay out of her sight...it's margarita night at the border...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery
    pareng kogs
    have the bathtub ready
    and the best champange
    hahaha

and play the music of jose carerra

good idea my friend...i'll ask my son to download jose carerra and chill a bottle of
    dom perignon...compliments from the french consul...he borrowed my house in juan le pins for a week with his family...how far are you to the south of france?

expressdelivery

they got the best wine there pareng kogs
    i am 8 hours drive away from that place
    my friend (cousin of mayor tarzan lazatin of angeles pampanga)drived once in south france
    checked in in a hotel
    woke up in the morning
    and oleyyyyyyyyy!!!
    4 wheels of his porsche were missing
    hahahaha

some french people are sometimes funny
    Last edited by expressdelivery; August 14th, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This would be an interresting topic, as many newbies to breeding, could surely use some assistance along these lines...aqnd of course you my fellow cockers are the experienced ones who else do we have to turn to? If breeding than the specific characteristics of the fowl would be transferred to the offspring so it is beneficial to know the streanghts and weaknesses of the different breeds... even if only a few breeds at a time ...just my 2 cents worth... woodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery
    they got the best wine there pareng kogs
    i am 8 hours drive away from that place
    my friend (cousin of mayor tarzan lazatin of angeles pampanga)drived once in south france
    checked in in a hotel
    woke up in the morning
    and oleyyyyyyyyy!!!
    4 wheels of his porsche were missing
    hahahaha

some french people are sometimes funny

i just got back from there but the next time i'm back please come and visit me...my house is by the beach... watching apples and oranges...makes the wine age better...

7_stings

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon

Well sir, you may choose from your favorite lines if you want

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7_stings
    A pleasant day to all gentlemen cockers:

Considering every cocker/breeder's dearth to produce excellent battlefowls, i believe that some of the factors to be considered in producing such are the "Bloodlines and their specific fighting traits/styles." I'd like to believe that each bloodline possesses a fighting trait which is of course distinct from the others, like for example:

A hatch is a deep-game fowl with extreme power and is deadly on the ground, on the other hand, a sweater is better known for its swarming attack on air as well as on the ground...

Well, as years passed by, we have seen a lot of strains that were developed by notable breeders here and abroad...Yesterday we saw the Whitehackles, Brown Reds, Sid Taylor Blacks, etc. Today we have the Gilmore hatches, McLeans, Butchers, Albanys, Radios, Kelsos, etc..can anyone share us the specific fighting styles and special traits of these fowls, gentlemen? Your knowledges are highly elicited. Thank You in advance!

7_STINGS
    More info please...

Post Thanks / Like

Light Strains

Clarets
    Phenotype Characteristics:
    Clarets are mostly straight combs, black breasted and wine red in color. They also possess wings and tails that have white streaks and usually white legged. While having a broad back and compact built, their weight ranges from 1.9 to 2.3 kgs.

Genotype Characteristics:
    Clarets are accurate cutters, single strokers, fast and clever. They are also known to break high, possess deep game and are clever. They are also hard hitting and aggressive.

Kelso
    Kelsos are straight comb and of usually white leg, while some have yellow legs.

Also known to be high breakers with good timing; high stationed with sleek legs. Kelso‚??s are also known to be powerful game cocks with deep game, aside from having good breaking ability with broader chest.

Trivia: Originated by Mr. Walter Kelso.

Roundheads
    Roundheads exhibits black spurs and are peacombs. Majority have yellow legs, but they also have white legs. They have red eyes with wheaten or pale yellow hackle. They are medium to high stationed with an average weight of 2 to 2.4 kgs.

Roundheads are smart with side stepping capabilities because of their agility. They are also aggressive, fast fighter and deadly. They are also known to be strong and possess devastating leg power.

Trivia: Roundheads origin is oriental fowl, either from India or Pakistan.

Brownreds
    Brownreds are dark red in color, and are either straight or peacomb. Some have black tipped hackled feathers and their feet are speckled with dark spots and some have dark legs.

Brownreds are known to be multiple shufflers that possess great speed.

Lemons
    Lemons are either straight or peacombed, light yellow red in color and are either medium or low stationed. 70% are yellow legged, while the remaining 30% have white legs.

Lemons are known to be accurate cutters with good timing. They are regarded as an intelligent bird with weaving abilities.

Trivia: Leamons are composed of blended blue-faced hatch, white hackle and clarets.

White Hackles
    White hackles are straight combed with red eyes and are medium stationed. While 90% are yellow red in color, the remaining 10% are spangled, mustard colored hackles. They possess broad shoulders, compact built and with heavy plumage, having an average weight of 2 to 2.4 kgs.

White hackles are known to be deadly cutters, and can fight in any position available due to their agility and shiftiness. They are strong and hard hitting game cocks. They are also known for their power and devastating leg kicks and breaks high with deep game.

Trivia: Considered as the most beautiful gamecock and was bred by Mr. Michael Kearney in 1871.

Grey
    Greys are straight combed and medium stationed. They possess silver hackles and saddle feathers, and either black or grey speckle breasted. Greys have red or copper colored eyes with an average weight of 2 or 2.6 kgs.

Greys are aggressive and hard hitting game cocks. They are also known to be deadly cutters.

Albany
    Albanies are mostly light red with black breast streaked with ginger color, while majority are yellow legged, around 90%., and are mostly pea combed. They also sometimes come out with black spurs. The hens are pale yellow or wheaten in color.

Dark Legged Hatch
    Hatches come in medium to low stations and with glossy, long and tough feathers. It is sub-divided into straight and pea comb. They may also come in green or blue legs with dark red hackles. They also may have piercing red eyes.

Hatches are aggressive, fast fighters and deadly cutters. Considered as ground fighters and low headed. Hatches hit very hard and are known for their deep gameness.

Yellow Legged Hatch
    While it is 100% yellow legged, it is 70% straight combed and 30% pea combed. This gamecock is light red in color and black breasted.

These gamecocks are deadly cutters, have deep game and possess very powerful legs and has good endurance.

Trivia: A cross between a blue face hatch of Sandy Hatch, white hackle and Boston round head.

Asils
    Asils are pea combed and are scantly feathered. They come in black and red, yellowish-white skin. They also come in yellow legs, broad shoulders, short beaks, and very prominent wings.

Known from its immense power, but are considered very slow.

Trivia: Also called as Indian Fowls, originated from India or Pakistan. Good on naked heels.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir OREVON, your quick response is very much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

interesting info

Quote Originally Posted by OREVON
    Light Strains

Clarets
    Clarets are mostly straight combs, black breasted and wine red in color. They also possess wings and tails that have white streaks and usually white legged. While having a broad back and compact built, their weight ranges from 1.9 to 2.3 kgs.

Clarets are accurate cutters, single strokers, fast and clever. They are also known to break high, possess deep game and are clever. They are also hard hitting and aggressive.

Kelso
    Kelsos are straight comb and of usually white leg, while some have yellow legs.

Also known to be high breakers with good timing; high stationed with sleek legs. Kelso‚??s are also known to be powerful game cocks with deep game, aside from having good breaking ability with broader chest.

Trivia: Originated by Mr. Walter Kelso.

Roundheads
    Roundheads exhibits black spurs and are peacombs. Majority have yellow legs, but they also have white legs. They have red eyes with wheaten or pale yellow hackle. They are medium to high stationed with an average weight of 2 to 2.4 kgs.

Roundheads are smart with side stepping capabilities because of their agility. They are also aggressive, fast fighter and deadly. They are also known to be strong and possess devastating leg power.

Trivia: Roundheads origin is oriental fowl, either from India or Pakistan.

Brownreds
    Brownreds are dark red in color, and are either straight or peacomb. Some have black tipped hackled feathers and their feet are speckled with dark spots and some have dark legs.

Brownreds are known to be multiple shufflers that possess great speed.

Lemons
    Lemons are either straight or peacombed, light yellow red in color and are either medium or low stationed. 70% are yellow legged, while the remaining 30% have white legs.

Lemons are known to be accurate cutters with good timing. They are regarded as an intelligent bird with weaving abilities.

Trivia: Leamons are composed of blended blue-faced hatch, white hackle and clarets.

White Hackles
    White hackles are straight combed with red eyes and are medium stationed. While 90% are yellow red in color, the remaining 10% are spangled, mustard colored hackles. They possess broad shoulders, compact built and with heavy plumage, having an average weight of 2 to 2.4 kgs.

White hackles are known to be deadly cutters, and can fight in any position available due to their agility and shiftiness. They are strong and hard hitting game cocks. They are also known for their power and devastating leg kicks and breaks high with deep game.

Trivia: Considered as the most beautiful gamecock and was bred by Mr. Michael Kearney in 1871.

Grey
    Greys are straight combed and medium stationed. They possess silver hackles and saddle feathers, and either black or grey speckle breasted. Greys have red or copper colored eyes with an average weight of 2 or 2.6 kgs.

Greys are aggressive and hard hitting game cocks. They are also known to be deadly cutters.

Albany
    Albanies are mostly light red with black breast streaked with ginger color, while majority are yellow legged, around 90%., and are mostly pea combed. They also sometimes come out with black spurs. The hens are pale yellow or wheaten in color.

Dark Legged Hatch
    Hatches come in medium to low stations and with glossy, long and tough feathers. It is sub-divided into straight and pea comb. They may also come in green or blue legs with dark red hackles. They also may have piercing red eyes.

Hatches are aggressive, fast fighters and deadly cutters. Considered as ground fighters and low headed. Hatches hit very hard and are known for their deep gameness.

Yellow Legged Hatch
    While it is 100% yellow legged, it is 70% straight combed and 30% pea combed. This gamecock is light red in color and black breasted.

These gamecocks are deadly cutters, have deep game and possess very powerful legs and has good endurance.

Trivia: A cross between a blue face hatch of Sandy Hatch, white hackle and Boston round head.

Asils
    Asils are pea combed and are scantly feathered. They come in black and red, yellowish-white skin. They also come in yellow legs, broad shoulders, short beaks, and very prominent wings.

Known from its immense power, but are considered very slow.

Trivia: Also called as Indian Fowls, originated from India or Pakistan. Good on naked heels.

7_stings

I'd like to thank you guys for keeping this thread alive and i would like to apologize for my absence... i really had to attend to some important matters..well it has to do with my job actually, anyway, i believe this particular study is not over yet so for those who haven't contributed yet, mga kasabong.......LET'S GET IT ON!!

Post Thanks / Like

RADIOS.......red fowl with yellow legs and straight combed. Fast, high breaker, attack-attack-attack from all angles! (That's the description of the ones I saw this last weekened, lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Good day. Is there anybody knows the fighting style of wingate brown red gamefoul? thanks, I appreciate it very much. have a blessed sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Wingate Brownreds are aggressive, fast, good cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuban fowls...neck and head hitters.