Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TONY TREBOL of BACOLOD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TONY TREBOL of BACOLOD

Most of his stocks went to Gen. Acop. Peter Coscolluella I believe maintains his Hulsey blood. Felix Trebol just won a major derby recently. Boy Velez is his bro in law and Nene Velez, his father in law is the breeder that Lancey got his Lemons.

aurora gold

Quote Originally Posted by Draven51501
    the kwento says.........paeng loaned tony the original lemon 84 broodcock
    when paeng got back from states to get him back
    tony said the broodcock died...end of the story of lemon 84 broodcock....hehe
    Last edited by aurora gold; March 10th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanna inquire about the Batchoy line Lemon. Does anybody know where this line came from or what was the story behind it? Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myklegs
    Just wanna inquire about the Batchoy line Lemon. Does anybody know where this line came from or what was the story behind it? Thanks for any info.
    As far as I can remember Batchoy Alunan died in that ill-fated Dona Paz. His Lemon are Duke's well kept line. Batchoy's death left the bloodlines in the hands of Nong Joe Laureno,his trusted associates, who went on winning at will several years ago. Nong Joe I think have some relation to Lancey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VMT^Carmen
    As far as I can remember Batchoy Alunan died in that ill-fated Dona Paz. His Lemon are Duke's well kept line. Batchoy's death left the bloodlines in the hands of Nong Joe Laureno,his trusted associates, who went on winning at will several years ago. Nong Joe I think have some relation to Lancey.
    The is how the late "Batchoy Alunan" and some members of his family died in one of the worst maritime disaster in the Philippines///

At 6:20 o'clock in the morning of 22 April 1980, the M/T TACLOBAN CITY, a barge-type oil tanker of Philippine registry, with a gross tonnage of 1,241,68 tons, owned by the Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC) and operated by the PNOC Shipping and Transport Corporation (PNOC Shipping), having unloaded its cargo of petroleum products, left Amlan, Negros Occidental, and headed towards Bataan. At about 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon of that same day, the M/V DON JUAN an interisland vessel, also of Philippine registry, of 2,391.31 tons gross weight, owned and operated by the Negros Navigation Co., Inc. (Negros Navigation) left Manila bound for Bacolod with seven hundred fifty (750) passengers listed in its manifest, and a complete set of officers and crew members.

On the evening of that same day, 22 April 1980, at about 10:30 o'clock, the "TACLOBAN CITY" and the "DON JUAN" collided at the Talbas Strait near Maestra de Ocampo Island in the vicinity of the island of Mindoro. When the collision occurred, the sea was calm, the weather fair and visibility good. As a result of this collision, the M/V DON JUAN sank and hundreds of its passengers perished.

Post Thanks / Like

no hold bar LEMON history by BLACKWING/// http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthrea...ENLEGGED+LEMON

Before I posted this I called up two of my sources/friends, Edwin Deles and Junior Cuaycong, just to verify again if what they told me was correct. AS you know these two gentlemen were among the proteges of Duke Hulsey in Negros. Among others are Nonoy Jalandoni, Alex Montelibano, Tony Trebol, George Lacson, Junior Cuaycong, Freddie Yulo, NonoyCuaycong, Batchoy Alunan, Paeng Araneta, Edwin Deles and others. These are what Edwin and Junior told me :

Paeng Araneta brought the Lemon 84 in Negros during the early 70's. But it was Tony Trebol who first bred it. During that time nobody would like to breed the original Lemon 84 since it was "pangit" - pahing ang buntot, malaki ang ulo at tuwad pa. Among the Hulsey broodcocks the Lemon 84 was the "pinakapangit." Anyway, it so happen that Tony was looking for any broodcock he wanted to use. He asked Junior to lend him one but the latter was using all his broodcocks. The Lemon 84 was the only one availlable at Junior's place that time, so Tony got it.

Tony was succesful breeding the Lemon 84. When Paeng knew it he asked Tony to return the broodcock to him. But Paeng got hooked with his girlfriend Peachee Prieto, sister of Mauro Prieto. Peachee went to the states that time. Paeng went to the states also to follow his girlfriend. But before that, Paeng asked 28 stags from Tony. Paeng sold these for Php 500 each . This was Paeng's "baon." He went to the states for so long that nobody would provide for his chickens and the salary of his farm helpers. It was Batchoy Alunan who shouldered all the expenses at Paeng's farm. In return Batchoy got all the broodfowls of Paeng. Batchoy got three 7/8 lemon 84 stags and all inbred pullets. When Paeng came back from the states Batchoy never gave back Paeng's broodfowls. They both quarreled. They never became friends again until Batchoy's death.

It was Tony's turn to collect Paeng of his debt (28 stags). But Paeng did not give Tony any hint of payment. Tony borrowed an imported kelso broodcock, which Paeng got from Duke. When Paeng asked Tony to return it, Tony told Paeng the kelso broodcock died. But it was not true. Tony thought it was the payment for the 28 stags Paeng got from him.

Post Thanks / Like

ah yeah, my bad wrong ship. i knew it was a sea tragedy. wew 20 years ago!! Tsaks! Mal am na gid ya!

Post Thanks / Like

cont........................by: Blackwing

The truth is: "matagal ng walang lemon si Paeng" Edwin told me. His last breeding of the Hulseys was in Baguio. But all his fowls were stolen even his dobermans were killed by the thieves.

Hence, it was Tony Trebol and Batchoy Alunan who bred the famous Lemon 84 extensively. And the Lemon 84 NEVER throws a green leg. But the Batchoy Lemon throws green leg!

Post Thanks / Like

Make it 30 yrs ago bro. Thanks to Balasobas for the info/history.

ah yeah, my bad wrong ship. i knew it was a sea tragedy. wew 20 years ago!! Tsaks! Mal am na gid ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

M/V Doņa Paz

In what the International Maritime Organization considers as the biggest maritime tragedy in the world, Sulpicio Lines-owned M/V Doņa Paz collided with M/T Vector on December 20, 1987. M/T Vector was carrying Caltex petroleum products when the accident occurred. Official reports recorded 1,856 casualties; however, other unofficial reports peg the death toll around 4,000.

In 1988, the Board of Marine Inquiry found M/T Vector solely at fault.

In 1989, relatives of two of the victims--public school teacher Sebastian Caņezal and his 11-year-old daughter Corazon--filed a complaint for damages against Sulpicio Lines, which in turn filed a third-party complaint against Vector Shipping Inc. and Caltex.

The trial court decided against Sulpicio Lines and dismissed the third-party complaint. On appeal, the Court of Appeals modified the trial court's ruling and held Vector and Caltex equally liable.

Caltex filed a petition before the Supreme Court, which ruled in favor of Caltex in a September 30, 1999 decision.

The Supreme Court set aside the Court of Appeals ruling insofar as it held Caltex liable for damages; it noted that Caltex, as charterer of a vessel, has no obligation before transporting its cargo to ensure that the vessel it chartered, Vector, complied with all legal requirements.

But the Supreme Court affirmed the Court of Appeals decision insofar as it ordered Sulpicio Lines to pay damages to the heirs of Caņezal. Vector Shipping Corp. was held liable to reimburse/indemnify Sulpicio Lines whatever damages, attorneys' fees and costs it is adjudged to pay the victims.

In September 2006, the Court of Appeals ordered Sulpicio Lines to pay P15 million in damages and other fees to the heirs of one of the victims of the Doņa Paz tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only info/history..there's even a fruity LOVE STORY angle to all these...ahhhh....Eve has gotten the better of Adam again this time...he bit into her APPLE and lost his LEMON...

But dang, if I was to be burdened by having to take care of somebody's operations - moreover pay for the expenses as what was narrated here, I would at least take the privilege of breeding the hell out of those I see I can benefit from...wouldn't you?....to add some fruit juicy info from the GRAPEvine...word has it that the original Lemon-84 in question made a sort of tour into some other big breeders yards...I guess they were smart enough to keep that to themselves and simply get the good blood off the bird to improve whatever other strains they chose to perpetuate that they were known for other than the signature Lemon looks...one of them located in the high altitude areas of Murcia...truth or lie, my guess is as good as anybody's...
    Last edited by RazasPuras; March 11th, 2010 at 02:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Balasobas
    M/V Doņa Paz

In what the International Maritime Organization considers as the biggest maritime tragedy in the world, Sulpicio Lines-owned M/V Doņa Paz collided with M/T Vector on December 20, 1987. M/T Vector was carrying Caltex petroleum products when the accident occurred. Official reports recorded 1,856 casualties; however, other unofficial reports peg the death toll around 4,000.

In 1988, the Board of Marine Inquiry found M/T Vector solely at fault.

In 1989, relatives of two of the victims--public school teacher Sebastian Caņezal and his 11-year-old daughter Corazon--filed a complaint for damages against Sulpicio Lines, which in turn filed a third-party complaint against Vector Shipping Inc. and Caltex.

The trial court decided against Sulpicio Lines and dismissed the third-party complaint. On appeal, the Court of Appeals modified the trial court's ruling and held Vector and Caltex equally liable.

Caltex filed a petition before the Supreme Court, which ruled in favor of Caltex in a September 30, 1999 decision.

The Supreme Court set aside the Court of Appeals ruling insofar as it held Caltex liable for damages; it noted that Caltex, as charterer of a vessel, has no obligation before transporting its cargo to ensure that the vessel it chartered, Vector, complied with all legal requirements.

But the Supreme Court affirmed the Court of Appeals decision insofar as it ordered Sulpicio Lines to pay damages to the heirs of Caņezal. Vector Shipping Corp. was held liable to reimburse/indemnify Sulpicio Lines whatever damages, attorneys' fees and costs it is adjudged to pay the victims.

In September 2006, the Court of Appeals ordered Sulpicio Lines to pay P15 million in damages and other fees to the heirs of one of the victims of the Doņa Paz tragedy.
    good digging.

--

straight from the lemon breeder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLLF053118

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz0Sr...eature=related
    Last edited by VMT^Carmen; March 11th, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

IT' s Unfortunate and still happening, when a breeder friend had great success with his greys, ARMED BANDITS took 250 greys, cocks, stags, 2 months old chicks..

Tony T, came to our house several times in bacolod 1998-99, discussing a lot of chicken stuff but mainly WSD, at that time majority of his ACE production goes to his father inlaw, velez, show 2 entry, 8-0 , 6 wins, 2 draw..WSD i think it was 1999-2000
    My brother and i went to pick some birds from his 20 hectare farm for local shows...

I still remember it vividly, tony ordered his driver to Drive to Bacolod city to get MC Donald burger for lunch and deliver it to his farm for us...nice man and thanks for the hospitality..

You may want to try one of his close relatives who still carry his breed, sonny c..

IT's really an Honor of such Caliber gamefowl breeder asking my opinion in conditioning/selections etc..but hey Lakpue Drug, sponsored me and 1 hr TV program that promotes gamefowl production & maintenance for 2 yrs when i was there ftime..

note;

this email is also used by my relative who lives in davao area.

Quote Originally Posted by grey/dom
    what i heard that trebols farm was raid or ransacked by men with high powered firearms...

some others might knew more...my source came from the grapevine..
    Last edited by sadavaoito; March 11th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Trebol Grey Is Popular During His Days,don Peping Recafort Used Trebol Grey When He Became A Champion In Wsd 2000,i Still Have Had Those Magazine When Recafort Farm Is The Cover..

Post Thanks / Like

They just won the Chinese derby in Dauin neg occ this year they are still active family in cocking his relatives has some of his rooster that are capable of winning in the big Derbies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramun
    They just won the Chinese derby in Dauin neg occ this year they are still active family in cocking his relatives has some of his rooster that are capable of winning in the big Derbies
    i heared b4 that pacman used trebol rooster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramun

hi ramun, could you verify who is 'THEY'?

I learned of the greys that swept the competition many of those were pitted against the sweaters.

I would appreciate it very much if you could PM me a contact person, cel number that would lead me to those greys

best regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Balasobas
    cont........................by: Blackwing

The truth is: "matagal ng walang lemon si Paeng" Edwin told me. His last breeding of the Hulseys was in Baguio. But all his fowls were stolen even his dobermans were killed by the thieves.

Hence, it was Tony Trebol and Batchoy Alunan who bred the famous Lemon 84 extensively. And the Lemon 84 NEVER throws a green leg. But the Batchoy Lemon throws green leg!
    Ang place sa Baguio belongs to my uncle Manoling Javellana. Nakalipat pa po si Paeng Araneta sa Lipa, Batangas and he handed over his Lemons to Peter Uy when he left for America in 1982 or '83. The 84 cock was loaned to Nonoy Jalandoni, Tony Trebol for just a good half season according to Paeng. Intense inbreeding and the 84 line produced greenleggeds(looking like peacomb Mclean Hatch). They were segregated and subsequently bred as a separate "family here in Luzon". They were marked Right-in and were coined as the 'Super Typhoon' . The YL 84 line was also maintained. The Batchoy Lemons were the Left-in or the earlier version. Yes, lumalabas grenlegs sa kanila but only on the henside. Batchoy Alunan acquired his from the same batch of Left-ins from the Thunderbirds of the Aranetas thru Mr. Freddie Yulo. Batchoy together with Paeng Araneta and Mr. Lito Lacson shared stocks in forming there version of the Left-ins, just as the La Carlota group of Nonoy Jalandoni, Tony Trebol, Mayor Juancho Aguirre and Bob Cuenca did there part. Nagkaron talaga ng faction ang breeders in Negros no doubt. Marami pa meron nito, Mr. Nato Lacson has the Left-in from the Yulos too. Nene Velez got his from Tony Trebol, his son-in- law. Lancey got his stocks from Nene Velez. Otec Geroso has the Lemons with a blend from a later acquisition from Duke Hulsey, as told by Mr. Afable. And of course the famous Left-ins of Eddie Boy Ledesma, that descended from Nonoy Jalandoni's. I hope makatulong po ito at hindi para sabihing mali ang info ng iba. Ito lang ang alam ko sa info ng Lemons. Sorry for the confusion as some tagalog words were included to an english discussion. YFIS!
    Last edited by windjammer2; April 8th, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

make it 31 years. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by myklegs View Post

rialog

happy new year to all lemon lovers!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year Tony Trebol...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by extremes_20s View Post
    does anybody know here about this great breeder?
    is he still active in breeding gamefowls?

lastly, if u have fowls from him, kindly share it here (pics)

salamat.
    Mr. Tony Trebol is around and minding his sugar farms which are spread all over Negros Occ. Though a bit advanced in age, he is very active not only in managing his farms but also doing his part as the Treasurer of the country's oldest sugar planters' association, the ASOCIACION DE AGRICULTORES DE LA CARLOTA Y PONTEVEDRA, INC.

With the price of sugar these days and the attention needed by the sugar farms so that they maintain their productivity, Mr. Trebol must have decided to focus his attention to his major business which is sugar farming.

We wish the best of health for Mr. Trebol and should he decide to go back to game fowls, he should be able to collect the best of his blood from his family who had carefully bred them for years!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Trebol is a legend in his time and in this sport of ours...his chickens were a sight to behold inside the pit both in fighting style and in physical appearance...Hope that he will make a comeback in breeding and fighting his chickens...and in case he will not,i hope that the rest of the chicken world will remember him.Cheers to the Man!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windjammer2 View Post
    Ang place sa Baguio belongs to my uncle Manoling Javellana. Nakalipat pa po si Paeng Araneta sa Lipa, Batangas and he handed over his Lemons to Peter Uy when he left for America in 1982 or '83. The 84 cock was loaned to Nonoy Jalandoni, Tony Trebol for just a good half season according to Paeng. Intense inbreeding and the 84 line produced greenleggeds(looking like peacomb Mclean Hatch). They were segregated and subsequently bred as a separate "family here in Luzon". They were marked Right-in and were coined as the 'Super Typhoon' . The YL 84 line was also maintained. The Batchoy Lemons were the Left-in or the earlier version. Yes, lumalabas grenlegs sa kanila but only on the henside. Batchoy Alunan acquired his from the same batch of Left-ins from the Thunderbirds of the Aranetas thru Mr. Freddie Yulo. Batchoy together with Paeng Araneta and Mr. Lito Lacson shared stocks in forming there version of the Left-ins, just as the La Carlota group of Nonoy Jalandoni, Tony Trebol, Mayor Juancho Aguirre and Bob Cuenca did there part. Nagkaron talaga ng faction ang breeders in Negros no doubt. Marami pa meron nito, Mr. Nato Lacson has the Left-in from the Yulos too. Nene Velez got his from Tony Trebol, his son-in- law. Lancey got his stocks from Nene Velez. Otec Geroso has the Lemons with a blend from a later acquisition from Duke Hulsey, as told by Mr. Afable. And of course the famous Left-ins of Eddie Boy Ledesma, that descended from Nonoy Jalandoni's. I hope makatulong po ito at hindi para sabihing mali ang info ng iba. Ito lang ang alam ko sa info ng Lemons. Sorry for the confusion as some tagalog words were included to an english discussion. YFIS!
    Windjammer2, I wish you could help me. I intend to acquire Lemons but I am hesitated to approach any persons you mentioned above for reason that neither one knew me. My leave in PI will take place sometime in April this year, and while on leave my plan is to go to Bacolod to see for myself the best Lemons around, and if such Lemons passes to my standards I will acquire some of them. My friend Joey Lacson (ina-anak ni Paeng) once said to me over the phone that he will tour me to the Araneta's farm to select personally whatever Lemons I would like. Would you be kind enough to tell me about the breeder whom you know will welcome and deal with me honestly? Appreciate if you could email it to me at isagani_r@hotmail. Thank you in advance Windjammer2. Calvin "J" Farm, Gani Reli

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, my brother mike velez and cousin boy velez are starting to breed some old dirty greys and lemons. but new infusion of crosses of roundheads and sweaters. but the old reliable hatches are still there. tony is retired(boy's bro-n-law)

Post Thanks / Like

one of the respected breeder here in bacolod...using his lemons ofcourse duke hulsey line..same also to the other restepected breeders here in negros untill now lemon is the best line for me