Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Roberts Fowl

junebug32

Roger Roberts Fowl

I have seen a couple of videos of ROGER ROBERTS fowl in action.Can someone tell me how often he fights lk.And does he have a good record.

james wolf

Re: Roger Roberts Fowl

fights all 3 blades, lk in the pi, won the wsc, so i would guess he does ok in the lk.

Post Thanks / Like

His hatchet is one of the best fowl in WSD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite asil
    His hatchet is one of the best fowl in WSD
    i agree with you Dynamite asil. Cheers

junebug32

Does any one know where he is located and does he sell any fowl.I only fight sk,but I like his fowl in the lk, as I have seen that they come from behind to win fights.

Post Thanks / Like

Junebag try this number 770-867-5053..Roger Robert is from Georgia

james wolf

with all the laws nowadays we shouldn't post telephone numbers, send it in a private message jim

Post Thanks / Like

i'd like to think james wolf is correct....

edmundo

i once saw his hatch rooster win from behind in sunset. he got blinked in both eyes in the main pit in the 1st pitting. after 3 minutes they moved to the drag pit. after 2 hours, the hatch rooster won. and you want to know what really impressed me most? aside from the unquenchable gameness, it was his power. like a diesel engine, it seemed that he was throwing more and more stronger wallops as the fight progressed, from start to finish, the sound of those powerful blows got my attention. of course he got blind, but everytime he sensed his opponent, he would unlesh those bombs. that went on until he caught the other rooster. they were pretty much even for a while until finally after 2 hours, he emerged the winner. that was one hell of a hatch rooster.

edmundo

ooops, unleash, wrong spelling, fault of the keyboard....

edmundo

roger told me that the last infusion he put into his hatches was a blueface....back in the 1960's pa...!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

will somebody post a hatchet photo please...
    i heard they come lemon hackled, green legged and are medium to low station...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    with all the laws nowadays we shouldn't post telephone numbers, send it in a private message jim

hey,james sorry about that..

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a match in a WSC CD...his bird was like a pinky finger in height compared to the opponent which was a forefinger tall...his won out of speed, cutting and what they call "An unquencheable determination to kill the opponent"....

I personally would have had second thoughts of fighting a rooster that short, but I guess he already knew what it could do inspite of it's size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unico
    I saw a match in a WSC CD...his bird was like a pinky finger in height compared to the opponent which was a forefinger tall...his won out of speed, cutting and what they call "An unquencheable determination to kill the opponent"....

I personally would have had second thoughts of fighting a rooster that short, but I guess he already knew what it could do inspite of it's size.
    i even saw a come back from behind with this birds.....you need to cut the knife leg inorder to tell you'll win...these birds have a heart to win......very consistent in winning.......good birds....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unico

Quote Originally Posted by antong
    i even saw a come back from behind with this birds.....you need to cut the knife leg inorder to tell you'll win...these birds have a heart to win......very consistent in winning.......good birds....

main reason most likely why Nene Araneta openly declared him as his bet for a past WSC season...but I guess Lady Luck was looking at some other direction at the time...

james wolf

bliss argao, medium station & green legs, normally lemon hackle, not low station.
    his kelso, brunner, chet, & spangle hatch top notch.
    spangle kelso cross has a 90% win (normally been fought in roligon) & multiple winners (late maturing though), his hatchetkelso solid winners.
    brunner is my favorite roundhead, 2 brothers crossed onto chet are both 3 time derby winners unscratched (pamp derbies), full of potential if i get the breeding right
    chet is the most fun to breed
    spangle best hatch i have (late maturing though, picture a tall boxer with a beautiful jab)
    ask edmundo about the kelso, roger fights the kelso pure in sk jim

(i'm pretty sure roger doesn't want his telephone number posted, law changes now in the states, we sometimes forget in the pi, roger is a true gentlemen & a pleasure to do business with)

Post Thanks / Like

nice posts edmundo, james and unico.....CHEERS TO YOU!!!
    keep them comin.......

james wolf

roger's kelso, architect1 posted a picture of my kelso in the gallery with a jsanford hen.

Post Thanks / Like

have you heard of lane's end farm in batangas,they migth have what you looking for.nos.0063917891526.

Post Thanks / Like

bliss argao, medium station & green legs, normally lemon hackle, not low station.
    his kelso, brunner, chet, & spangle hatch top notch.
    spangle kelso cross has a 90% win (normally been fought in roligon) & multiple winners (late maturing though), his hatchetkelso solid winners.
    brunner is my favorite roundhead, 2 brothers crossed onto chet are both 3 time derby winners unscratched (pamp derbies), full of potential if i get the breeding right
    chet is the most fun to breed
    spangle best hatch i have (late maturing though, picture a tall boxer with a beautiful jab)
    ask edmundo about the kelso, roger fights the kelso pure in sk jim

(i'm pretty sure roger doesn't want his telephone number posted, law changes now in the states, we sometimes forget in the pi, roger is a true gentlemen & a pleasure to do business with)
    jim, thanks for the info.
    I have seen your kelso at architect1's gallery...great looking cock.
    do you have a picture of any hatchet?
    am just curious, what made you say chet are fun to breed?
    -birn

james wolf

bliss argao, i love breeding (actually my son is taking over the fighting), i have quite a collection of fowl, the chet is the most athletic & probably the fastest fowl i have, but it is not lk fowl, now to take all of it's physical attributes & make lk battlecross is fun, sparring the offspring, studying them, thinking about the next season over a san miq light, etc.
    hatchets, chets, spangles were posted in the old gallery i don't think in the new gallery, if not in gallery of architect1 or mad max, no longer there

Post Thanks / Like

bliss argao, i love breeding (actually my son is taking over the fighting), i have quite a collection of fowl, the chet is the most athletic & probably the fastest fowl i have, but it is not lk fowl, now to take all of it's physical attributes & make lk battlecross is fun, sparring the offspring, studying them, thinking about the next season over a san miq light, etc.
    hatchets, chets, spangles were posted in the old gallery i don't think in the new gallery, if not in gallery of architect1 or mad max, no longer there

jim, a friend of mine offered me his broodcock hatchet from roger roberts.
    i have not seen it personally yet so,
    thanks for the description of these hatchets.
    am in PI and i can only have access to local breeders for broodhens.
    May I ask your opinion on what bloodline of the hen I would cross this hatchet?
    Since you seem to be having experience in breeding these hatchet, what hen's
    bloodline would you recommend to produce battlecrosses fit in the kind of game in PI.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...7/Image182.jpg

sorry for the quality bad picture taken with my fone hehheheh recently acquired by my friend. hatchet from roger roberts
    Last edited by teds_glh; November 28th, 2007 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

very consistent with his hatchet kelso and hatchet roundhead cross... nice specimen cockmate teds glh..

Post Thanks / Like

my friend BATALWMP is the hatchet man here...it's his winning lines...check his gallery...

Post Thanks / Like

Roger is one of the best all around cockers I have met he competes in longknife shortknife & the gaff & was always (when it was legal) a top contender.. The last I spoke to him he said he was in the process of moving all his fowl to Mexico he only lives a short distance from me, I have his Bates hatches & they are excellent fowl.

james wolf

Carlosjohn, The Cock You Posted With The Hatchet Hens, Wondering Is That His Kelso?

james wolf

carlosjohn, good for stags also, now i know there is hatchet closeby if i need some outside blood jim

Post Thanks / Like