Thread: murphy whitehackle and murphy kelso

Post Thanks / Like

murphy whitehackle and murphy kelso

anybody has this breed?? can someone describe their characteristics, and who is maintaining thses breed?
    whats the difference between the kearny whitehackle and the murphy whictehackle???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: murphy whitehackle and murphy kelso

Antong, Whitehackles are known for mostly power/gameness and some brainy style.

The Murphy Kelso that I saw was a good breaker, a little harang style, side stepping, has good cutting- and it will win its good share of its fights (and they are good looking roosters too).

However, the fights that I observed at one of the International Derbies, the Murphy Kelso will be below the "contenders", the top 5% to 10% of the competition. Because Murphy Kelso lacked the fight-ending deep cutting style (into the body-kilikili), it took so long to put away the other roosters. And, when the two roosters exchanged blows, the cutting was more a raking style (shallower cutting) rather into the body and deep cutting.

I will still keep the Murphy Kelso but I will infuse another bloodline that has the deep cutting and fight ending blows.

I hope that I describe the styles of the Whitehackles and Murphy Kelso.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    Antong, Whitehackles are known for mostly power/gameness and some brainy style.

The Murphy Kelso that I saw was a good breaker, a little harang style, side stepping, has good cutting- and it will win its good share of its fights (and they are good looking roosters too).

However, the fights that I observed at one of the International Derbies, the Murphy Kelso will be below the "contenders", the top 5% to 10% of the competition. Because Murphy Kelso lacked the fight-ending deep cutting style (into the body-kilikili), it took so long to put away the other roosters. And, when the two roosters exchanged blows, the cutting was more a raking style (shallower cutting) rather into the body and deep cutting.

I will still keep the Murphy Kelso but I will infuse another bloodline that has the deep cutting and fight ending blows.

I hope that I describe the styles of the Whitehackles and Murphy Kelso.
    thanks sir EEA indians...whos the breeder here in US that we can aquire this bloodlines? with a decent winning record among these breeds....thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Antong, there was poster in Gamerooster at one time who mentioned about him or his neighbor having the Bob Howard Murphy Kelso. In Pinas, my friend got one family of his Murphy Kelso from Esting Teopacio (not sure about the spelling) as a gift and I do not know if it is available to the public.

For the Whitehackles, there are several very old breeders in the U.S. east coast who still have them pure. However, you have to reserve a full year in advance because they only breed very few because the cocker/breeders are mostly senior citizens and you know what I mean. But, it is worth waiting for the real Whitehackles.

Post Thanks / Like

salamat bro.....just wanted to know some basic bloodline and try to get the one that suits my taste...thanks alot

BUGAS

Sir Antong,
    Try John Sears Whitehackles He Said This Would Be His Last Year Of Breeding!203-888-3206