Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

i am quite confused in breeding my kelsos and hatches....should i use a kelso broodocock over hatch hens or should i use a hatch broodcock over kelso hens?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by liquid metal
    i am quite confused in breeding my kelsos and hatches....should i use a kelso broodocock over hatch hens or should i use a hatch broodcock over kelso hens?
    try them both and test the offsprings.....and keep the ones with the high percentage of winning.... just my thoughts

expressdelivery

here`s the lead............
    the stags take more of the fighting style
    from their mother side
    now it`s up to you to decide!

Post Thanks / Like

try both matings and decide for yourself the outcome... if not satisfied yet then try son to mother and father to daughter...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

sir if you got time, money and patience try all possible methods of breeding and wait for the results.

mnkbsy

keep on trying my friend until you find your good matching.

budung

This coming breeding season i'll try to cross my george foster kelso BC to mclean hatch BH. Sana maganda ang mapalabas ko.

Post Thanks / Like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liquid metal

try them both and test the offsprings.....and keep the ones with the high percentage of winning.... just my thoughts

Yeah, try both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budung
    This coming breeding season i'll try to cross my george foster kelso BC to mclean hatch BH. Sana maganda ang mapalabas ko.
    if you got a good roundhead hens try him out....

Post Thanks / Like

liquid metal,

I would say I agree with most everyone that says do it both as there is no way of knowing unless you do it. My friend did just this bred hatchxkelso and the other way. they both came out good except that they look better with the Kelso on the mama side.

Here is something I learned from Firebird Biboy Enriquez . . . commonly may of us breed Sweater papa to a Kelso mama. In his case He got his $5,000 line from Dink bred to his Johnnie Jumper kelso's - this mating he said did modestly like 60% winning but when he said he did it the other way Kelso papa to a Sweater mama he began winning more like 80%. What's more he says that the off springs are more likely to become multiple time winners.

And he found out just by experimenting and being patient enough to wait for the result.

Good luck!

expressdelivery

nice breeding tip
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakgrove Nuts
    liquid metal,

I would say I agree with most everyone that says do it both as there is no way of knowing unless you do it. My friend did just this bred hatchxkelso and the other way. they both came out good except that they look better with the Kelso on the mama side.

Here is something I learned from Firebird Biboy Enriquez . . . commonly may of us breed Sweater papa to a Kelso mama. In his case He got his $5,000 line from Dink bred to his Johnnie Jumper kelso's - this mating he said did modestly like 60% winning but when he said he did it the other way Kelso papa to a Sweater mama he began winning more like 80%. What's more he says that the off springs are more likely to become multiple time winners.

And he found out just by experimenting and being patient enough to wait for the result.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

The one in my Avatar is Hatch/kelso

we use BC hatch / BH kelso ...

They look good and spar good but whe just have to wait and see if they perform.

Most important thing is the WWWWWWW.

I agree with everybody, try to do both mating and see it for yourself....

Goodluck in your breeding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oakgrove Nuts
    liquid metal,

Good luck!
    thanks so much...that was a very good explanation you made sir....
    thanks also to those who have contributed in making me understand about these bloodlines.

Post Thanks / Like

both will do!!! vice versa.

Post Thanks / Like

nice tips sir...

God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

Nice thread to read. Very interesting and informative.

Justin R.

If the Hatch are peacomb and high station ... I use them every time under cock speed cocks . The stags will get their strength and stamina from their mothers and I've seen many times that it is easy for a good cutting cock to add cut to his sons this way.

It is much harder for a power cock to add power to stags out of speed fowl hens .

fmgomez

Talking Re: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

In my opinion if you have two good and healthy families there really shouldn't be a difference in the outcome. From my experience I have tried both ways and really didn't see a difference in their performance. The only thing I do see different is when I used the Hatch cock over Kelso hens the stags seem to come more uniform than the other way. Just my opinion.
    LOL,
    YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin R.
    If the Hatch are peacomb and high station ... I use them every time under cock speed cocks . The stags will get their strength and stamina from their mothers and I've seen many times that it is easy for a good cutting cock to add cut to his sons this way.

It is much harder for a power cock to add power to stags out of speed fowl hens .

I agree, Speed(BC) over Power(BH) as proven by a good friend. I believe that even Frank Shy breed this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Last season I bred A G/L Hatch BC to A Y/L Kelso Pullet. I am anxious to see what kind of fire power they pack. It was a good mating I bred them late in the season and it was the pullets first clutch so I only had eight eggs but six hatched and five of the six were male. I even have one stag with two different color legs. I'm a bit worried because they are high station at six months already I don't want them to be to tall.

Post Thanks / Like

i am trying to breed hatch BC to a kelso BH this season.. sana maganda labas..

Post Thanks / Like

your combo may lead to a sweater strain.

goodluck breeding.

Post Thanks / Like

well use our ylh bc cross to cardinal and jumper kelso pullets.
    cardinal kelso bc to sweaters. hope to produce good crosses.

Post Thanks / Like

vive versa will both do good!! one of the cross to do hatch kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Kelso-Hatch or Hatch-Kelso

Nice infos. and very interesting thread..
    Goodluck to your breeding...

Post Thanks / Like

I once visited mr.dela torre and mayor aguirre... i asked that same quetion.. he said that it would be the same because the offspring would still be 50/50. mr.Lance said it is better if the hen would be the hatch. With my experience i think their performance is the same. the only difference ofcourse is the physical outcome of the offsprings.

this is a good topic. i have learned alot. happy cocking to all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like to breed mine hatch cock over kelso hens, pea combed over straigt. Both yellow legged.

gerka

Nice combination sir, hatch over kelso...i will be breeding mine next month kelso broodstag over kelso/hatch hens bringing the blood percentage of the hatch to only 1/4 hoping that this will be a better offspring than the 50/50 kelso hatch cross...

junebug32

You must always go both ways so you can compare to see wich side had better wins.That way you can determine wich will be your crossbred foundation.

Post Thanks / Like

i'll do it both ways nobody can predict the outcome of any breeding.hands on is the only way you will know,so much so about these paper breeders who can predict the outcome of any breeding.they just base their conclusions on what they have read on magazines and write ups mostly from people who want to sell chickens to newbies than actual experience.just breed and keep records,.you will know in time which is the combination that will suit you.naks ah akala mo breeder talaga.