Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Alexander

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ray Alexander

Anybody knows what happen to Ray Alexander coz i seldom heard Ray Alexander in the Big circuit nowadays especially in PI. Does he own the EAgle Strike Gamefarm in alabama. Years before, he conquered the PI using Roundhead-Claret Cross by winning the WSC. Does this bloodlines are still winning. I heard that this is the best bloodline to cross with the sweaters like Nene Abello did. HOpe you guys could give me idea regarding this coz im planning to buy his chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ray Alexander

Chokie,

I have his chickens and they are very good. Rays health isn't very good now, but, his chickens are still high quality. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago .

baja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bajaexplor
    Chokie,

I have his chickens and they are very good. Rays health isn't very good now, but, his chickens are still high quality. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago .

baja
    do you own a roundhead from him?

Post Thanks / Like

Baja,

does your Alexander roundhead ever throw a yellow leg ?
    A friend of mine claim that his Alexander roundhead obtained in the late 80's throw yellow legs once in a while and this yellow legged roundheads wins more often due to it being more brainy than the whiteleg alexander roundhead where it came from?

I hope you can share your experience.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Ray Alexander

taas ko lang...

Post Thanks / Like

Just spoke to him today and it seems like he is doing just fine. He hasnt showed birds in quite some time now. His roundheads are the old Lacy's and his Clarets are the old Griffin line. He was really good friend of Mr Griffin before he passed. His Clarets that he offers for sale are all crossed with either Kelsos of Albanys. (very good show fowl. Unless you know him well or go to his farm and pay big $$$$ he wont sell his original Claret blood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chokie
    Anybody knows what happen to Ray Alexander coz i seldom heard Ray Alexander in the Big circuit nowadays especially in PI. Does he own the EAgle Strike Gamefarm in alabama. Years before, he conquered the PI using Roundhead-Claret Cross by winning the WSC. Does this bloodlines are still winning. I heard that this is the best bloodline to cross with the sweaters like Nene Abello did. HOpe you guys could give me idea regarding this coz im planning to buy his chickens.

http://pitmaster.com/alexander/

---------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bajaexplor
    Chokie,

baja
    eric no disrespect but I noticed he still send quality fowls to his regulars and dunghills to the new ones..

I had a friend go to him directly.
    I will have him convert the video to PC format so folks can see.

3 out of 3 - all dunghills
    low station, bow legged
    hip joint/socket wiggles
    all signs of genes and chickens that should be culled..

dont shoot the messenger..

but if you happen to get his good ones... IT IS REALLY GOOD!

Post Thanks / Like

claimed to be the most winningiest fowls ever...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Ray Alexander

It probably won for him majority of his fights...

junebug32

A friend of mine just bought a trio from him recently and he doesn't like the rooster because he is a shake cock(6. 1/2 lbs.).My friend told him he wanted a bird that weighs between 5.1/4 and 5.1/2lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe incase we buy from him we need to go there or if not ask somebody that he knows to buy it for you so that your hard earned money wont go to waste....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antong
    maybe incase we buy from him we need to go there or if not ask somebody that he knows to buy it for you so that your hard earned money wont go to waste....
    that was my case.
    thats why i mentioned when you happen to get the good ones.. IT IS REALLY GOOD!
    good day to you.

the guy has good bloodlines no doubt. hands down

Post Thanks / Like

What I have heard Ray chickens are not as good as they were in the 80's and early 90's but i also know a guy that hand selected his broodstock from ray and were some of the best fowl he owned. Hey junebug what kind of broodcock did your friend purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swtrhtch1925
    that was my case.
    thats why i mentioned when you happen to get the good ones.. IT IS REALLY GOOD!
    good day to you.

the guy has good bloodlines no doubt. hands down
    goodluck to your breeding...

Post Thanks / Like

jcjfarms,

you are quite right on that one jcj, my friend has the Alexander Roundhead from the 80's and won derbie's with it in oklahoma and kentucky. Recenly, he won two 5 cock derbies in the Philippines with the same old family... pure. But the one's he uses were the yellow legs that comes from the White leg Alexander Roundhead.

somehow the yellow legs got more cut and brains.

Post Thanks / Like

he sold a grey broodcock to my uncle hand picked sometime in 2002. that broodcock crossess very well with our blackwater gilmore hatches and blackwater sweaters. excellent cutting fowls, hehehe.

redm

i had also a grey broodcock before given to me and had a winningest line,more info please!!!
    Last edited by redm; October 3rd, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My fellow cockers i will tell you again. Their is no breeder out there that is going to ship you his best stuff. You guys need to take the time and spend the money and go hand pick your chickens personally. Ive been in this business for quite some time now and in the begining that was my biggest mistake of trusting these people to send the good stuff. I know Ray pretty good and have visited his farm in the past, i also have traded Claret blood with him so i know what his good stuff looks like and how they perform and believe me when i tell you not many people have his good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it true that Ray's roundhead will throw a straight comb every now and then? I have a peacomb hen that's reportedly a Ray Alexander roundhead and she has a son with pearl legs and straight comb that can pass for a pure claret.

Post Thanks / Like

share pic for breeding... 1/2 ray alexander roundhead 1/2 dangray roundhead..from my friend henry....happy kasabong...

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by jcjfarms
    What I have heard Ray chickens are not as good as they were in the 80's and early 90's but i also know a guy that hand selected his broodstock from ray and were some of the best fowl he owned. Hey junebug what kind of broodcock did your friend purchase?
    He purchaced 1 trio.(1) CLARET ROOSTER, (1) CLARET HEN,(1) ROUNDHEAD HEN).

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

Guamas: It is a big possibility that Reys Roundhead will throw some straight comb maybe because you cross it to a Claret and a pure Claret is normally straight comb, white leg with black spur. Hes got the best Claret and smart yellow leg Roundhead. Hes bird is always a favorite in Copper State.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Ray Alexander

Greyman,

I say "Yay" with what you said. I even bought fowl from so called friend and paid $300 for a single fowl. He gave a junk. He and I are both here in the U.S., and the transaction was done here, yet from his farm in PI, he sent me junk fowl.

During the same time, from different so called sabong friend. We made transaction for two battlecross, I paid him $150 each, and I bought two. One fowl was too short and manfighter, the other had broken wing.

This was really a lesson for me. So, to all my sabong brother here, "Your trust have to be earn, and not to be given for nothing.".

Buy fowl personnally, physically presence when buying your materials. Whether it's from big time person, small timer, big breeders, backyard breeders, or even when buying from THE MAN HIMSELF. You need to select personnaly there to get your materials. This way you minimize your mistake, risk, and you will feel much rewarded. Just be patience.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen..... Dont get me wrong, Ray is a great guy with great fowl. His original Clarets and Roundheads are some of the best in the business. No man is going to let his good fowl go for chump change or just to anyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Sundowner,
    Thanks for your feedback. I really like the way my roundhead hen fights and I hope she passes her ability to her offsprings.

Post Thanks / Like

Ray and I are friends. What I have are his White Leg Roundhead and his Bobby Boles Black Asil. Both are outstanding fowl. I would like the Claret as well, but, have not purchased a Trio. Not because I don't like them, but, because we have 32 Brood Trios , now.

Baja

Post Thanks / Like

Alexander's greys are excellent in long knife, but I prefer his blue/roundhead and his mug/hatch crosses. They don't waste any motion; they're deliberate when they throw at their target and when they unload, they unload with power, from beginning to end. Game to the end.

YFIS

Post Thanks / Like

Update....
    I sparred the claret-looking stag and he fought like a killer bee. He was hitting from all angles regardless what the other stag did. I may have something here.

redm

Thumbs up Re: Ray Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by grey man
    My fellow cockers i will tell you again. Their is no breeder out there that is going to ship you his best stuff. You guys need to take the time and spend the money and go hand pick your chickens personally. Ive been in this business for quite some time now and in the begining that was my biggest mistake of trusting these people to send the good stuff. I know Ray pretty good and have visited his farm in the past, i also have traded Claret blood with him so i know what his good stuff looks like and how they perform and believe me when i tell you not many people have his good stuff.
    i agree with you sir!!! .