Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

post ko lang dito mga kasabong napulot ko dito sa tabi tabi
    Origin of the Roundheads
    Written in the 1920’s Here is the data on the Roundheads, a major portion of which came from Mr. Allen’s pen. He says: To begin, I might explain my first Roundheads who were black and black red fowl, black legs, black eyes, Warhorse type in color. I got my first Roundhead cock from Colonel F. E. Grist of Fort Gaines, Georgia. This cock I learned afterwards was bred by John McCoy of Marblehead, Massachusetts. I attended a tournament in 1890 at Montgomery, Alabama. Colonel Grist had over 100 cocks there, among them was a Roundhead cock. Colonel Grist had fought him 8 times. He fought him twice in Montgomery without removing the heels. He never got touched.I tried to buy the cock but he would not sell. Later, I wired him for a bunch of cocks. In the lot was this Roundhead. I fought him twice one night in Monroe, Louisiana without removing the heels. He never got touched. I immediately wired Colonel Grist to ship me a whole yard of Roundheads, which he did. I bred the old McCoy Roundhead, a 12 time winner, over the Judge Gordon hens, hence the Allen dark leg Roundheads.

Post Thanks / Like

The old McCoy was black red, dark red eyes, darks legs, and speckled all over. I fought these cocks all over the country before I ever heard of the Saunders Roundheads. (Mr. Allen crossed the Dr. Saunders Roundheads over his old stock as related by him as follows.)Nearly 30 years ago (about 1902) the late Dr. Fred Saunders, of Salem, Essex County, and Massachusetts wrote to me to send him 2 dark fowl (hens) describing exactly what he wanted, for short heel fighting. After giving the matter my most careful thought, Mrs. Allen and I drove out to the Hyman brood yard. I caught two of the best hens, sent them to Dr. Saunders and told him there was no charge. He answered and said, Allen you seem so nice, I would like to lend you one of my brook cocks for 60 days with the understanding he be returned at that time. I wrote him to ship the cock, that I would comply with his request.

Post Thanks / Like

The cock came. He was a dark black-breasted Roundhead, yellow legs, white in wings and tail, and red eyed. I could see deep down in his eye, one of the best-bred gamecocks I had ever seen. The quills in his feathers were red. (Mr. Allen goes into detail as to how he placed this Saunders Roundhead cock over his first Colonel Grist hens and old Travelers) Old White Leg and Yellow Leg from this yard must have won 10 battles and died a natural death on the brood yards. Two of them were fought by Dr. Saunders and in a number of mains.They were the most wonderful cocks I had ever seen. They had the brains of a Corbet. Not a gaff was ever pulled out of Old Yellow Leg or Old White Leg.After discovering the wonderful cocks they were, I tried to get more from Dr. Saunders but he did not want me to have them since I sold fowl and he did not want to meet them, his own bloodline, in the pit.Mr. Allen said the history of the origin of these Roundheads was lost in a fire when his house burned down in Port Gibson, Mississippi in 1920. Mr., Allen quotes from memory what Dr. Saunders said as follows: I sent a man in Vermont $6.00 for two stags and two pullets, out of different hens One of these pullets showed a Roundhead. I sent back to the same man and got a cock, a full brother to the daddy and bred to the Roundhead hen for as long as he lived.

Post Thanks / Like

Then each season I bred a son to her as long as she lived. The daddy to the above pullet/hen was Dennis Mahoney cock, as well as the cock I bought. They were the best fowl ever to cross the Mason/Dixon line, going in either direction or Allen; you will find it that way. When I lose these fowl, I am done with the game. Yours Truly, Dr. Fred Saunders.(I the writer is adding that these Roundheads have been bred father to daughter then to granddaughter, and son to mother, etc. for approximately 85 years according to my records and previous history.)Mr. Allen further writes: I walked a great many cocks for Dr. Saunders and exchanges and loaned him cocks to fight and finally afterwards persuaded him to send me more of his full Saunders. He sent Old Speck, a spangle. The he mated a full yard of his Roundheads and bred them in a barn lot in Salem, Massachusetts for our mutual benefit. He sent 5 stages out of the mating, one a spangle, was bred to the old dark stock.

Post Thanks / Like

They were wonderful cocks and beat everybody in the country. The following season Speck was bred to a yard of his own daughters. The cocks were fought in a tournament in Montgomery, Alabama and won the first money 9 out of 11 fights. They were fought all over the country and pronounced the greatest cocks ever seen in the South. Old Red Eye, Little Red Eye, Bull Neck St., Skin Head, Old Buck Eye, and a number others where never whipped, and died on the brood yards. They were too smart for other cocks. For nearly 30 years we lost only 2 mains. Mr. Allen gave the reason for losing the two mains was because they were fought in San Antonio without first being acclimated to a high altitude, as were the World Olympics in Mexico City.As the writer of this article (1977) I can say that 30 years ago I discarded all other fine fowls because of our Roundheads were superior, the Clarets were hardest to give up. These Clarets were largely used in the 2 mains Mr. Allen lost. The Roundheads best the Clarets consistently for many, many years. But, we still like the smart branch of the old Claret, next to the Roundheads.Colonel Allen was a most brilliant man. Once he was major of this town, three times clerk of the court of Clairborne County, Mississippi, clerk of county board of commissioners, County Treasurer, Clerk of the pension board, etc. But his greatest talent was not in politics, but in his ability to recognize a premise or a change when he spotted the ability of the Roundhead thus revolutionizing cock breeding.Now to my knowledge, the above is not a complete enlightment of the Roundheads, as I know the picture of one of the first Allen Roundheads of over 75 years of age in our book, “The Gamebird” on page 9 is that of an Asil. Further, our Roundheads occasionally come Oriental after having been inbred father to daughter, to granddaughter, and hens bred the same way, and show the deadly heel, brilliance and style of no other fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

The Million Dollar Bargain Cock was bred to 7/8 his own blood. The Great Spangle won 2 fights as a 6 year old for a neighbor cocker. Bambo, the son of the cock “Colonel Allen” was bred and bred over his offspring many times. All our Roundheads are deeply inbred, then linebred to other lines of the family, and still come larger, smarter, and gamer. All our fowl are closely related and our Bambo’s direct descendants come darker. But 95% come black breasted reds, red eyes, pea comb, and white and yellow legs, just as they did 30 years ago. A dark red or a spangle, or slight pumpkin does not hurt.We want to share our Roundheads with people who especially like this particular type fowl. For this reason we offer the following: Have the foundation for deep inbreeding without losing strength or size. Cool, calm, collected, and can win with a single stroke and are good sound fighters up to old age. We do not breed fowl that get cut or get excited. Some people do not like this type fowl and are happier with other kinds.We have never had a complaint about the record but sometimes have other complaints, such as fighting style.Nevertheless if you have the best straight comb fowl available and the best of everything else you can meet the big time and break even with anybody and it makes no difference who! Except the man who shows the best Roundheads! This is why we got rid of all other fowl over 30 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Mga Linyada ng Manok at ang kanilang mga katangian

Heavy Boned:
    Yellow Legged Hatch
    • yellow legged, red feathers
    • pea comb
    • deep game

Green Legged Hatch (McLean)
    • green legged, red feathers.
    • pea comb
    • multiple shufflers

Green Legged Hatch (Blue Face)
    • green legged, red feathers
    • straight comb
    • deep game

Grey (Ruble)
    • green legged, grey in color
    • straight comb
    • good timing (as game as the blue face)

Light Boned:
    Roundhead
    • yellow/white leg, red feathers
    • pea comb
    • good vertical leap

Claret
    • white leg, white/ red feathers
    • straight comb
    • excellent cutters

Brownred
    • green /dark legged, dark red feathers
    • straight or pea comb
    • known for speed

Lemon
    • yellow/green feet, red feathers
    • straight or pea comb
    • known for intelligence

Post Thanks / Like

Yellow legged hatch- pure cutter and power hitter but low breaker

tobruk

Thumbs up Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

Sir Emplong,

talagang sinagad mo na ang typing skills mo a!
    nice info pre keep it coming.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobruk
    Sir Emplong,

talagang sinagad mo na ang typing skills mo a!
    nice info pre keep it coming.........
    hahahaha!!!!post lang tayo ng post bro. wag lang magtalotalo. at baka isara tong thread na to ni sentensyador

yati, lilo-an, cebu basak, compostela, cebu
    Post Thanks / Like

pre,
    anong nangyari sa pilipinas sabong sports sa youtube?
    bat na suspended ang account?
    maganda dun dahil properly expound ang mga bloodlines at ang kanilang history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karabiti
    pre,
    di ko alam pre eh. oo nga nawala

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emplong
    di ko alam pre eh. oo nga nawala
    sayang. marami akong natutunan doon.

di kaya mga *** ang maygawa nun?
    ako may 2 videos na sa youtube na flagged.
    1 more flag then im history sa youtube.

anyways...
    iba ang alam ko sa videos sa pilipinas sabong sports.

ang boston roundheads and sweaters are somehow related in origin. (hope i can get this as close as it was narrated at pilipinas sabong sports)

once upon a time in boston. there was a shipment of trios from england. since the document were lost during the trip and nobody claimed the chickens, it was paid by the stevedore of boston. (sorry i forgot his name)
    he likes fighting cocks.
    he breed this trios and fought on the local circiut at boston. (timeline was 1863)
    exceptional results was noted.
    thus earned the name boston roundheads.

(fast forward to 1900's)

mr. sanford hatch acquired this boston roundheads and breed them to his brown reds. it turn out to be a dark red, green legged fowl. lot of wins were noted thus they were named as sandy hatch. (the old hatch bloodline)
    this hatch line was given to sanford's in law ted mclean. then to ted's friend lum gilmore.

(fast forward to 1990's)

carol nesmith was breeding a mclean fowl with roundhead (hope i'm right with this part) and got a dark red yellow legged fowl. they named it yellow legged mcleans. (in P.I. they are called the yellow legged hatch)

Post Thanks / Like

they got awesome powers like the mcleans but no flight was noted.
    so they decided to infuse it with kelso.
    results were amazing. ideal for long knife.
    thus they named it as sweaters.
    and they live happily ever after.

Post Thanks / Like

naipost ko nayan sir matagal na sa sinara na thread. dun sa " malalaman ba ang bloodline sa hitsura ng manok ". check it na lang. ang continuation eh pinost na,man ni darkwing.
    yes they are related pero malayo naman na.

Post Thanks / Like

naipost ko nayan sir matagal na sa sinara na thread. dun sa " malalaman ba ang bloodline sa hitsura ng manok ". check it na lang. ang continuation eh pinost na,man ni darkwing.
    yes they are related pero malayo naman na.

tobruk

Talking Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

ORIENTALS

Shamos, Asils, Japs, Thais, Parawakan these are just som of the many types of oriental fowl.
    They are big headed, light eyed, heavy boned, short and tight feathered and thickly shanked chickens.

Very brainy and hardy, these chickens use an offbeat fighting style which twits the aggressive American type of gamefowl.

Accurate body punchers and smart side steppers, asils are usually graded up to 1/8 or even 1/16 with the american fowl in the hope of retaining the desirable cutting and off beat traits of the Orientals in the resulting battlecross.

sabi nga nila " Either you love them or you hate them"

keep it coming................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobruk
    ORIENTALS

Shamos, Asils, Japs, Thais, Parawakan these are just som of the many types of oriental fowl.
    They are big headed, light eyed, heavy boned, short and tight feathered and thickly shanked chickens.

Very brainy and hardy, these chickens use an offbeat fighting style which twits the aggressive American type of gamefowl.

Accurate body punchers and smart side steppers, asils are usually graded up to 1/8 or even 1/16 with the american fowl in the hope of retaining the desirable cutting and off beat traits of the Orientals in the resulting battlecross.

sabi nga nila " Either you love them or you hate them"

keep it coming................
    nice post pare. keep on posting here..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karabiti
    pre,

Sa You Tube saka sa Photobucket lahat ng account na may picture o video ng manok unti unti na banned. maybe *** had something to do with this.

tobruk

Quote Originally Posted by emplong
    nice post pare. keep on posting here..........
    hayaan mo pare research ulit ako he he he

ok ka a! alagang alaga mo ang thread mo......

keep it up!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MARVZ
    Sa You Tube saka sa Photobucket lahat ng account na may picture o video ng manok unti unti na banned. maybe *** had something to do with this.
    maaring ganun na nga pareng marvz, sad to think about it

pareng tobruk, syempre. aalagaan ko yo na parang manok. sana kayo rin.

tobruk

MUFF

unusual looking rooster's because of the feathers on its face.
    known for its aggressive frontal fighting style.
    they throw a barrage of blows with no letup or billhold.
    Although low stationed, they have an unusual sense of accuracy when
    it comes to the cutting department.

Basically red in color, yellow legged and peacombed

noted breeder of this family is Billy Ruble.........

keep on cocking............

Post Thanks / Like

SWEATER WHITELEG KELSO

grabe sa cutting, at ang gameness na mahirap mapantayan.

Post Thanks / Like

sir ask lang po about... pure radio...pure blue face hatch..... miner blue.... and ano po ba ang pyle (bloodline po ba to or color)?????? salamat po

tobruk

Smile Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

Quote Originally Posted by bok_18
    sir ask lang po about... pure radio...pure blue face hatch..... miner blue.... and ano po ba ang pyle (bloodline po ba to or color)?????? salamat po
    Sir, bok 18,

share ko lang sa inyo...............

BLUE FACE HATCH

this is a special strain of hatches, came to be known as such because of its pale faced appearance, which is similar to the appearance of a fowl with Avian Leucosis.

They are so good that their originator, Sweater Mcginnis decided to breed them some more,with some ending up with Harold Brown, Billy Ruble, Red Richardson, percy Flowers, William Green and other American cocking greats.

Straight combed,green legged and medium to low stationed

they have carved a reputation for gameness, used mainly for foundation blood purposes,old timer breeders agree that the best battlecross carries only 1/4 of less of the blue Face blood....

keep on cocking..........

tobruk

Thumbs up Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

Quote Originally Posted by FBJ FARM
    SWEATER WHITELEG KELSO

grabe sa cutting, at ang gameness na mahirap mapantayan.

Sir FBJ,

gaganda nito a!
    ggod luck...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bok_18
    di ko rin alam sir kung ano ba talaga tong radio na to. basta ang alam ko. ang radio ay brineed ni sonny ware sa sweaters para maging ponkan. kasi ang sinaunang sweater talaga dati ay wine red. WL. jan nakikita natin na ang same family ay minanipula ng mga breeders para magkaroon ng different standards.
    sa blueface naman. ang alam ko dyan, ewan ko kung tama dahil kwento lang to nung katulong namin sa bahay. si L> gilmore ay nakakuha ng manok kay T> Mclean na isang low stationed. ayun, pinagalagala lang ni LG sa bakuran na walang kaparis. pag iniispar ng mga pumupunta kay LG. eh, the face was turn into blue. kaya tinawag na blueface. at ito naman na si Sweater McGinnis na malapit lang kay L, na taga Bay City TX that time ay dinalan si LG ng kanyang madigin regular grey na inahin para naman daw may kasakasama yung kanyang manok na yung blue face at nagbunga ang pag sasama ng dalawang manok........Sometime before that two hens where stolen from Hatch on Long Island and given to Sweater. And not long after that Sweater was inducted into the service. He put the two hatch hens with E.W. Law to keep for him until he returned, when he got out, he immediately got in touch with Law to get the hens. sabi ni law, namatay na daw yung isa. pero ibinalik nya pa rin kay sweater mcginnis yung isang natira at ang natirang hen na nakw na ito ay ipinares sa stag na 1/2 grey 1/2 blue face. ang progeny ay iyung tinatawag na talaga natin ngayon na blue face.
    ang pyle pagkakaalam ko kulay. correct me na lang po mga kaibigan kung mali ang pinagsasabi ko. newbies po
    Last edited by emplong; November 8th, 2007 at 08:07 PM.

tobruk

Smile Re: history at katangian ng bawat bloodline, ating pag usapan.

Sir bok 18,

PYLE

this a plumage color that denotes one that is not red,grey or black.
    they come white ,blue,dom ,off white, off grey, or off red colors.
    they are white legged or yellow legged and straight or pea combed.

they are known for their high flying style and accirate cutting .
    many are not deep game as hatch or whitehackle, but ther are some that are as game.

they are crossed with the sturdy and hardy lines to hopefully strike the perfect blend of fighting characteristics..

hope this helps........

just sharing cockmates.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hampaslupa
    claret ang kulay ay winered at yung rh ay blackbreasted red mostly..
    Blackbreasted din po ba ang Claret?

Pa-post naman po ng pictures nila highlighting the differences. Kahit ako di ko malaman if Claret or RH.

Thanx!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GIO POGI
    Blackbreasted din po ba ang Claret?

Pa-post naman po ng pictures nila highlighting the differences. Kahit ako di ko malaman if Claret or RH.

Thanx!
    for large image
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...yroundhead.jpg
    lacy RH
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...2MVC-003X1.jpg
    claret
    Attached Images Attached Images