Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prices Of Feeds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prices Of Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock96
    FYI>>

BMeg introduced the Integra lines to the market as a competitor to Purina bio lines? What is the difference?? Carbohydrates in Purina comes from oats while in Integra lines, the source is Corn. Should they then IDEALLY be miles apart in pricing??

Al
    Any good businessman will use a benchmark on a commodity..and find the least cost production to gain the most profit off that benchmark...the pricing of the commodity will be based mainly on the purpose it is meant for, not what its made of...I had a good experience when I was handling poultry vaccines for a company...we were importing from Taiwan and competing with European brands...so I guess it's pretty obvious in terms of the difference in both our CIF and FOB pricing...was our market price gap big? I guess only big enough to create an edge ...u should have seen the landed cost..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildfoot
    Al,

Pre 3 yrs ago I was paying $90/ton for oats and wheat, last month it was $300/ton and my bill arrived this morning and it's $370/ton!!!!!!!!!that more than 20% overnight. The reason for it is the drought thats gripping Australia. The largest producer of Feed grain in the world is Australia and 1/3 of its export quota goes to the Asia Pacific region. In fact the drought is so bad that my corn is coming from Canada. That adds to freight cost and also less silo time as the shipping takes longer. The other factor is the increase demand from China, feed quality wheat is now being processed in China for Human consumption!!!!

Guys brace yourself as Feed price will increase 20% if the dollar does not go up.

Wildfoot

Joey,

brace yourself...with Canada gearing towards this Bio fuel thing using corn, well...

by the way, I'm getting into breeding of Moderns...remember that nice ballet dancer of a pullet of yours..regards.

Post Thanks / Like

A 50 pound scratch feed now cost $7.85 plus tax of 7.75% equals to $8.57. Corn is becoming expensive because of biofuel.

Post Thanks / Like

to our classmates the problems that our encountering right now is that we dont have a stable govt. thers no check and balances of our prices coz our govt. officials are only after our money, they are all corrupt.,,,,,,sorry to juan de cruz mama-matay kang dilat ang iyong mata.

Post Thanks / Like

They know (manufacturer of feeds) that we don't just give our Birds any thing or we don,t go for less than what the birds needs. Also, they know we love our Bird. So, they can dictate the prices. IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope somebody comes out with a Line of feeds that is cheap but high quality... NO NEED to MARKET and pay for the expensive ads since once Sabungeros like us test it, and it works then surely it will have a life of its own...

Probably Prices are going up due to their MARKETING programs... BMEG, Thunderbird, Sagupaan, Purina are all on PRIMETIME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARESFORTUN

Probably Prices are going up due to their MARKETING programs...

To a great extent, yes
    Last edited by unico; November 3rd, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

With the kind of competition these Feeds manufacturer are doing, the more they have to do expensive gimicks to attract more customers. I admire the FEED ENDORSERS- i guess they are having FREE SUPPLY or probably very big discounts on their purchase of thier own feeds leaving poor Juan to shoulder the extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARESFORTUN
    With the kind of competition these Feeds manufacturer are doing, the more they have to do expensive gimicks to attract more customers. I admire the FEED ENDORSERS- i guess they are having FREE SUPPLY or probably very big discounts on their purchase of thier own feeds leaving poor Juan to shoulder the extra cost.
    You're right in saying that. I know of a breeder who endorse the Novartis product before and he gets free supply of novartis gamefowl medications.

murphy0084

Quote Originally Posted by ubb6793
    You're right in saying that. I know of a breeder who endorse the Novartis product before and he gets free supply of novartis gamefowl medications.
    don`t be jealous to this people because this is the reward of thier hard work and dedication in sabong world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy0084
    don`t be jealous to this people because this is the reward of thier hard work and dedication in sabong world.
    Nop, I'm not jealous. I'm just sharing some thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

The marketing aspect is quite funny...the consumers actually shoulder a chunk of the cost of the ads that entices them to patronize the products...ouch!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jemayku
    They know (manufacturer of feeds) that we don't just give our Birds any thing or we don,t go for less than what the birds needs. Also, they know we love our Bird. So, they can dictate the prices. IMHO.
    This is what I'm driving at...and let me be the devil's advocate here in a way...

Cost is not exactly proprtional to performance...may I repeat in a modified way...

"The best things in life are CHEAP"

Post Thanks / Like

The reason is simple: Capitalist economy=profit. It's the bottom line!

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is true that purina and novartis both support the push by the humane society of .... to ban sabong the world over? enquiring minds want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unico
    The marketing aspect is quite funny...the consumers actually shoulder a chunk of the cost of the ads that entices them to patronize the products...ouch!!!
    The TV stations are smiling at us.

Post Thanks / Like

The Buttom line of this is Philippine Gov't is very unstable due to
    ENORMOUS CORRUPTION.

Post Thanks / Like

Another simple way of looking at it..law of supply and demand...

a good friend from Mambucal says that bacolod shipments averages 500 roosters per day...PER DAY!!!

Al, kumukuha din ata nang manok yung apo ni Esting sa kaniya...wonder why since ang dami nilang mahuhusay sa Tarlac...
    RAW materials should be controlled. It is like water. If they do not control the price, then eventually, everybody would be affected.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I'm driving at...and let me be the devil's advocate here in a way...

Cost is not exactly proprtional to performance...may I repeat in a modified way...

"The best things in life are CHEAP"
    If that is the case, then look for other alternatives. We are lucky that in Batangas, we have a lot of feedmills. Feed quality of most is comparable to BIG COMPANIES. Prices is a lot cheaper compared to the name brands.......

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Al, kumukuha din ata nang manok yung apo ni Esting sa kaniya...wonder why since ang dami nilang mahuhusay sa Tarlac...
    Pre, you should know the answer to this. I believe di kumukuha ng panlaban ang taga tarlac sa taga bacolod na sinasabi mo. Ang binibili ay pang infuse. Which a lot of breeders do. Yung taga bacolod na sinasabi mo eh bumibili rin ng pang infuse sa materiales nila.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

What is needed is for breeders to unite. if only all breeders can have an agreement to boycott certain feed manufacturers for say a month, starting with the most expensive brands, chances are they will lower their prices even more or they will go broke if they did not sell anything after a month. this is the only way to break their stranglehold on the fowl feed industry. if consumers will not unite and fight back, they will always be at the mercy of the manufacturers. do you really think there is honest to goodness competition between them? i say they are engaged in monopolistic business practices and that they they are most likely in collusion with each other with regards to pricing, just like the oil companies. is there really that much difference between feed prices between brands? what is required is unity and a little sacrifice on the consumer's part to break this monopoly.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the many feedmills in Batangas Mass Produce quality feeds and start supplying other parts of the country. Many cocker-breeders are on the look-out for alternative Feeds to lower cost of operation and maximize production.

Indeed, cockers in Batangas are blessed- no wonder there are many gamefarms in that place.

Post Thanks / Like

monopoly cguro yan ng manufacturer ng feeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Al,

PRICE is inelastic downwards. It increases faster and greater than it decreases. Economic reality. See u soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rigolleto
    What is needed is for breeders to unite. if only all breeders can have an agreement to boycott certain feed manufacturers for say a month, starting with the most expensive brands, chances are they will lower their prices even more or they will go broke if they did not sell anything after a month. this is the only way to break their stranglehold on the fowl feed industry. if consumers will not unite and fight back, they will always be at the mercy of the manufacturers. do you really think there is honest to goodness competition between them? i say they are engaged in monopolistic business practices and that they they are most likely in collusion with each other with regards to pricing, just like the oil companies. is there really that much difference between feed prices between brands? what is required is unity and a little sacrifice on the consumer's part to break this monopoly.
    You are absolutely right. They are just waiting who will raised the price first then everybody will follow .... with almost the same magnitude.

integra_bulacan

I am from the feeds industry. ill assure you that your complaints would be heard above. but please also understand our part, that in big feeds manufacturing company we need to promote our products or else the competitor would win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock96
    If that is the case, then look for other alternatives. We are lucky that in Batangas, we have a lot of feedmills. Feed quality of most is comparable to BIG COMPANIES. Prices is a lot cheaper compared to the name brands.......

Al

Pre Al, Maybe you could help us where in Batangas these Feedmills. And we can buy it from them.

Post Thanks / Like

integra_bulacan vbmenu_register("postmenu_1289478", true);

vCash: 500

I am from the feeds industry. ill assure you that your complaints would be heard above. but please also understand our part, that in big feeds manufacturing company we need to promote our products or else the competitor would win.

Promotion is part of the marketing plan... but I hope you can find a way to lower down the cost. In our place, thunderbirds's GMP is probably the strongest pellet maintenance widely used by cockers... its P20.00/ kilo.

Cut-throat competition is the name of the game but surely when you come out with quality but cheap feeds your marketing cost will not be that high since cockers are usually good at telling stories and in no time your product will be widely used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rigolleto
    agree, 101%..the question is HOW and WHO??? how to start and who will start.

if all consumers are united, i think the feed companies will think twice if they do an unreasonable price increase. let's say....for maintenance, we can use the cheapest product and discard the most expensive one. think about it what happens to that company. that is...if all of us are united.

this could be a nice idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jemayku
    Pre Al, Maybe you could help us where in Batangas these Feedmills. And we can buy it from them.
    Pre, there are a lot of feedmills around Batangas area. specifically in Batangas city, lipa, San Jose, and even Malvar. YOu have to find which ones are convenient for you location wise plus check out the feeds and see what suits you. You have to consider that distance from your farm for convenience sake in purchasing feeds. We have a layers in Batangas also so we deal with some feedmills. We are able to lower pricing because we order from 50 bags a week when we are not full with production in our layers to as much as 200 bags of feeds a week. Having that volume, i get a discount. When our moderator here, Malalim (ROY) had layers, i recommended my friend who had a feedmill to him because of pricing. He found it to be a better alternative because he also got a good discount.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

i live in mindanao and their has been no supply of jockey oats for maybe 6-8 months..