Thread: Gaffs: Duke 74's

tnladycocker

Gaffs: Duke 74's

Hiya fellow men & Lady cockers !! What kind of breeds do you think that these Duke 74's has the best results on. I think they are awesome gaffs. And why do you think they work best on the certain cocks you put them on. Please, I would really like a lot of you to respond to this!! I thing that most cockers out of the U.S use knifes..is this true also?? Thank ahead for your input..it would be greatly appreciated !! M
    Last edited by tnladycocker; November 12th, 2007 at 01:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gaffs: Duke 74's

Quote Originally Posted by tnladycocker
    Hiya fellow men & Lady cockers !! What kind of breeds do you think that these Duke 74's has the best results on. I think they are awesome gaffs. And why do you think they work best on the certain cocks you put them on. Please, I would really like a lot of you to respond to this!! I thing that most cockers out of the U.S use knifes..is this true also?? Thank ahead for your input..it would be greatly appreciated !! M
    I don't know if the gaff I bought was a Duke 74. It was made by C.I. which I assume is Carol Ibele. It's 2 1/2 inches long, sort of medium point as the blade drops down under the hub. Won twice using a grey muff. The grey muff does not shuffle. It's style is it will just stand and wait for the opponent and kick his legs. His first win was easy and the second fight went a little longer than the first. If I remember it correctly from magazine ads it resembles that Duke 74. As I also have use brand new gaffs that are called low point but the blade is close to the hub. So I would assume a curve blade is good for ground fight and not for a flier.

tnladycocker

Yes Camarines, my 74's came from C.I out of "Gamecock" also. The blade does drop down under the hub. I had wins from my blue legged butcher/hatches from these 74's. My butchers broke high and shuffled all the way down and on the ground was were they killed the other cock, usually. I have had some impressive outcomes from these gaffs. I would also like to know about any new gaffs that have come out that would be good to use on my Butcher/hHatches that fight from the high break to the ground. Any suggestions. Like in my other threads..I have been out of the pits for about 7 yrs.would you care to help me and give me some advice??Oh Yeah, Do you think I know enough about cockfighting to start it up again with atleast a couple of wins?I don't want to waste any good fowl because of my forgetfullness or the lack of knowlwdge of the new things that have come out!! Ofcourse, my coditioning using some old ways and the help from Jimmy East SR. and "The Coach" and trial and error did help tremendously. I am trying to be honest about the fact that I have been out of it for a few years and, I'm sure a lot has been learned by others since then,if they would share that would help me so much. I want to show my ex that I can do it !! But everyone needs some help..even "The Best"!! Tanks so much if you wish to help me ..PM me or e-mail me mkennnedy707@comcast.net any one can if you seriously really want to help

tnladycocker

Keeping it up top...would love all you that areknowledgable to give me some input. Thx bunches, All!! M.

BIG JASON

i own 15 pair of C.I duke 74's and i tie them on all mine.