View Poll Results: which brand do you use?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robichem Supremo

    29 5.86%
  • Thunderbird

    265 53.54%
  • Sagupaan

    74 14.95%
  • Purina (Rooster Booster)

    91 18.38%
  • Derby Ace

    50 10.10%
  • Power bullets

    27 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 111

Thread: Gamefowl Feeds

  
  1. #1
    Member GB-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gamefowl Feeds

    What brand of gamefowl feeds do you use in your farm?

    Chick Booster:
    Stag Developer:
    Maintenance:
    Conditioning Pellets:
    Concentrate Grains:

    * No intention of promoting any single brand, just a survey what most of the members here use.
    Last edited by GB-ONE; November 12th, 2007 at 10:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Member GB-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    For brands that were not listed above, just post what you use.

    Voting is open so you can vote more than one brand.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    i am producing my own grains and buy the pellets...i saved lots of pesos this way...

  4. #4
    paquito56
    Guest

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Kogmohon, i agree with you. Also you can prepare other types of feeding, for chicks, hens and etc...By the way, you are back..How did you do in Talisay Derby?? didnt get your call..Guess next time will be..Taker my friend...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by GB-ONE
    What brand of gamefowl feeds do you use in your farm?

    Chick Booster:
    Stag Developer:
    Maintenance:
    Conditioning Pellets:
    Concentrate Grains:

    * No intention of promoting any single brand, just a survey what most of the members here use.
    chick booster: rooster booster
    stag developer: thunderbird
    maintenance: gmp
    conditioning pellets: sagupaan
    concentrate grains: royal, hagibis

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by paquito56
    Kogmohon, i agree with you. Also you can prepare other types of feeding, for chicks, hens and etc...By the way, you are back..How did you do in Talisay Derby?? didnt get your call..Guess next time will be..Taker my friend...

    hola paquito...i left your phone no. here...sorry...i had 2 wins in the 3 stag derby 4 wins in the
    5 stag...i'll be fighting the bakbakan prelims at talisay complex on the 15th with 2 1/2 wins...
    how did you do with yours? regards..lee

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    We use Sagupaan products from Day 1 to 3months old. After that we use ordinary (generic) market feeds.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Power Bullets (all variants).

  9. #9
    Member GB-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    What are your reasons for choosing the brand you're using now? Any benefits? Advantages?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Power Bullets are cooked. They become meaty when wet which peps up their appetites. Leftovers don't sour and you can safely use for next feeding. Digestibility is 90% which means my waste in spending money is 10% while conventional feeds make you waste 40%; that's a lot of money. Shelf life is one year, a convenience I find indispensable. This is the feed that modern science promised us.

  11. #11
    Senior Member darkfowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    nueva ecija
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by gypsy rose
    Power Bullets are cooked. They become meaty when wet which peps up their appetites. Leftovers don't sour and you can safely use for next feeding. Digestibility is 90% which means my waste in spending money is 10% while conventional feeds make you waste 40%; that's a lot of money. Shelf life is one year, a convenience I find indispensable. This is the feed that modern science promised us.
    One year shelf life??? amazing bro.... is that covered by a one year waranty card?

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by darkfowl
    One year shelf life??? amazing bro.... is that covered by a one year waranty card?
    There is only one way to find out for yourself; buy a kilo and store it for a year. To see is to believe.

  13. #13
    Senior Member darkfowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    nueva ecija
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    I'm a feed dealer, i buy bulk feeds... but no feed company assures me a shelf life of more than a month my friend, even power bullets..

  14. #14
    Member GB-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    gypsy rose,

    are you in anyway related to power bullets? Maybe you could conduct seminar with our group regarding your product. . .

    this is very interesting because almost all of the feed companies that conducted seminar with us never talked about their feed's shelf-life.

    sir darkfowl,

    if this is true/proven, is this a big factor to consider for choosing our feeds ?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    One month is not too long a wait to find out or maybe somebody else besides me can share his experience. As to the claim in shelf life, I got in touch with their office and that was the info they gave me. My own personal experience so far is 3 months and absolutely no molds or any signs of spoilage. My chickens do not show any digestive problems. I think the power bullets people will be more than happy to conduct a seminar with any gamefowl organization. You can always call to inquire.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    choose the feeds that you are familiar with and readily available when you need it especially
    during breeding season...i like bmeg but where my farm is...they are scarce as a hens tooth...

  17. #17
    Member parak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    POWER BULLETS info...
    http://www.feedmix.com/Products/Powe...erBullets.aspx

    Plant Site:

    053 Dampol 2nd, Pulilan Bulacan, Philippines
    Tel: (044) 676-0000
    Fax: (044) 676-2359

    Manila Office:

    Suite 1505 East Tower
    PSE Center, Exchange Road
    Ortigas Center, Pasig City
    Tel: (632) 636-1627 to 31
    Fax: (632) 636-1623

    Email: sales@feedmix.com

    this may help....

  18. #18
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    try this:

    split 2 sets of full brothers (stags/bullstags/cocks - whatever available)
    1st set --- feed it with your current feeds
    2nd set -- feed it with whatever your local vet suggest to you or what you researched that most breeders are using.

    after 25 days
    spar the other half - to the other half

    weigh it every other day
    feel the rooster
    then
    contrast and compare
    Last edited by swtrhtch1925; November 15th, 2007 at 03:03 AM.

  19. #19
    CyberFriends EAA Indians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    2,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    I am going to ship U.S. feeds from California. I just had a meeting with the Philippine Door-to-door shipping company: the comapny will pick up the bags, pack the bags into boxes, shipped in dry containers and deliver to my farm (or wherever). Let me give this project a good start and with good results, I would make U. S. feeds available to other members.

    The U.S. feeds are available in whole grain, crushed (less storage life), and pelletized in 50 lb. bags.

  20. #20
    Senior Member A1GFarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    tate/bulacan
    Posts
    1,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    thats good news bro eaa indians......i just swift (walis- walis) some feeds sa mga feed mills dito and im getting it for free........iba talaga sa tate.......magsasawa ka sa pagkain pati mga manok mo........libre pa......

  21. #21
    Senior Member darkfowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    nueva ecija
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by GB-ONE
    gypsy rose,

    are you in anyway related to power bullets? Maybe you could conduct seminar with our group regarding your product. . .

    this is very interesting because almost all of the feed companies that conducted seminar with us never talked about their feed's shelf-life.

    sir darkfowl,

    if this is true/proven, is this a big factor to consider for choosing our feeds ?
    Sir Beng,

    the company name should speak for itself, and in the feed business " kung sino ang madaming benta ito ang maganda ang resulta" so hindi na kailangan patagalin ang feeds sa bodega kasi madalas ang fast moving feeds ay nauubusan ng stock dahil nag-uunahan sa pagbili ang mga parokyano.... , meron pa nga ako stock dito sa store ko 1 taon na hindi pa nabibili, pinamimigay ko na nga lang ayaw pa din kunin ng mga suki.. may amag na daw yung una ko binigay sa kanila...

  22. #22
    Senior Member jay-jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    how true? feed companies mix stimulants in their feeds to increase the appetite of chickens?

  23. #23
    Member GB-ONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by darkfowl
    Sir Beng,

    the company name should speak for itself, and in the feed business " kung sino ang madaming benta ito ang maganda ang resulta" so hindi na kailangan patagalin ang feeds sa bodega kasi madalas ang fast moving feeds ay nauubusan ng stock dahil nag-uunahan sa pagbili ang mga parokyano.... , meron pa nga ako stock dito sa store ko 1 taon na hindi pa nabibili, pinamimigay ko na nga lang ayaw pa din kunin ng mga suki.. may amag na daw yung una ko binigay sa kanila...
    good point sir!

  24. #24
    Senior Member floresmay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    much appreciated for the info Bro!

    i used to feed my fowls with Power Bullets back in Cotabato area till the dealer stopped his distribution. I've since moved my stocks to Cebu. Any info of Power Bullets feeds dealer in Cebu area? thanks and best regards


    Quote Originally Posted by parak
    POWER BULLETS info...
    http://www.feedmix.com/Products/Powe...erBullets.aspx

    Plant Site:

    053 Dampol 2nd, Pulilan Bulacan, Philippines
    Tel: (044) 676-0000
    Fax: (044) 676-2359

    Manila Office:

    Suite 1505 East Tower
    PSE Center, Exchange Road
    Ortigas Center, Pasig City
    Tel: (632) 636-1627 to 31
    Fax: (632) 636-1623

    Email: sales@feedmix.com

    this may help....

  25. #25
    asintado
    Guest

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Here are some Gamefowl feed for thought....Power bullets as mentioned claims longer shelf life....reason: the feed is fully cooked ...there is no weevil or weevil egg, no bacteria, no living organism that can propagate, if factory sealed and kept in room temp where condensation or sudden change of temp will not occur..the product can maintain its freshness for 1 year...its like the regular cereal you eat for breakfast.... I'll explain other important issues because i believe in this product's advantages. First, ask yourselves, how did gamefowl feeds evolved... Late 60's.... what is available is corn, palay, mongo, etc..(whatever grain is locally available), obviously nutrition is not complete nor balanced. Why was Calf manna so popular? It was used as an additive.. because a calf manna pellet is very high in protein and it contains micro ingredients like vitamins and minerals... but knowing exactly how much to feed is very hard to know... Giving fruits, vegetables, honey, etc is also being practiced...nutritionally it helps but again knowing exactly how much is a big question. ....will have a follow up thread on this subject....

  26. #26
    asintado
    Guest

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    a follow up note on gamefowl feeds...Then came the commercially available mash feeds....a better option specially if you choose the poultry layer's diet....almost the same profile as that of a gamefowl nitrition requirement. Then came the pellets and crumbles.... same formula but different form...better form because wastage is minimized, macro ingredeints gets pecked and taken in in pellet pieces. Ok, now here is the big difference....Power Bullets...100% cooked feeds (the user's tally seems accurate because its the youngest brand among the list)....we mix dog food in some special diets like stag developing ...again because of better protein absorbability and the many vitamins and minerals it carries....Power bullets is processed exactly tthe same as dog food....but of course using the exact nutrition formula for gamebirds....from chick raising to conditioning. here are some advantages: feeds when cooked offers better nutrient absorption...to prove this is simply comparing: try to eat raw beef and you will absorb less protein compared to eating it as a grilled burger, try to eat "bigas" compared to "kanin" which will give yo more carbo?

  27. #27
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by asintado
    Here are some Gamefowl feed for thought....Power bullets as mentioned claims longer shelf life....reason: the feed is fully cooked ...there is no weevil or weevil egg, no bacteria, no living organism that can propagate, if factory sealed and kept in room temp where condensation or sudden change of temp will not occur..the product can maintain its freshness for 1 year...its like the regular cereal you eat for breakfast.... I'll explain other important issues because i believe in this product's advantages. First, ask yourselves, how did gamefowl feeds evolved... Late 60's.... what is available is corn, palay, mongo, etc..(whatever grain is locally available), obviously nutrition is not complete nor balanced. Why was Calf manna so popular? It was used as an additive.. because a calf manna pellet is very high in protein and it contains micro ingredients like vitamins and minerals... but knowing exactly how much to feed is very hard to know... Giving fruits, vegetables, honey, etc is also being practiced...nutritionally it helps but again knowing exactly how much is a big question. ....will have a follow up thread on this subject....
    very nice post

  28. #28
    asintado
    Guest

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    my final note....Another advantage: which among the pellets and mash available in the market can guarantee no bacteria and no salmonella, if they can....then they should also be able to eat some pieces of their pellets to show confidence that its guaranteed clean (as i witnessed being done by a power bullets rep during a seminar). So what is important with a guaranteed clean feeds? Have you experienced conditioning your prize rooster when 3 days before the day of fight... you noticed na "off" yung manok? I'm not saying the pellet or one of the feed casued it but I'm not taking it out also of the probable cause since regular pellets (like all existing products) are practically raw...and if the truck that delivered the corn to the feedmill is contaminated with salmonella...it will be processed with salmonella....unlike in cooked feeds....heat exposure and steam kills all kinds of bacteria and living contaminants. Physically, try mixing Power bullets berdugo (pre-fight) with boiled or pre soaked grains, the kibblets of power bullets does not turn into powder (so unlike the regular pellets). There is a lot more to see in this next generation gamefowl nutrition.... i get to see my roosters with "malapad pero magaan" na katawan...malaking advantage for derby fights.....of course i assume also that a light but well muscled roosters is more agile and powerful...which counts a lot during the first buckle....its just a matter of time... lalabas din yun mga nagsisikreto dyan ng mga feeds na ginagamit.....

  29. #29
    Senior Member Sammy Sia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    6,974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by floresmay
    much appreciated for the info Bro!

    i used to feed my fowls with Power Bullets back in Cotabato area till the dealer stopped his distribution. I've since moved my stocks to Cebu. Any info of Power Bullets feeds dealer in Cebu area? thanks and best regards
    I saw some stocks at kusug agrivet store. Are you originally from cotabato city?

  30. #30
    CyberFriends EAA Indians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    2,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gamefowl Feeds

    Quote Originally Posted by A1GFarms
    thats good news bro eaa indians......i just swift (walis- walis) some feeds sa mga feed mills dito and im getting it for free........iba talaga sa tate.......magsasawa ka sa pagkain pati mga manok mo........libre pa......
    I have a friend who works for the Rice Mill in the states. He sweeps the rice on the floor and he hauls bags and bags of rice that he and his buddy use for feeds. Rather than the mill throwing the rice on the floor, it is put into good use.

Similar Threads

  1. Salto Gamefowl Feeds by PILMICO
    By doraymond2 in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: August 20th, 2014, 12:15 AM
  2. Supremo Gamefowl Feeds
    By windjammer2 in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: January 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
  3. Salto Gamefowl Feeds by PILMICO
    By noypi_one in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 17th, 2010, 12:18 AM
  4. Who has PREBIOTICS in Gamefowl Feeds?
    By Fearless in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM
  5. Gamefowl Feeds
    By GB-ONE in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 12th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •