View Poll Results: which brand do you use?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robichem Supremo

29 5.86%
  • Thunderbird

265 53.54%
  • Sagupaan

74 14.95%
  • Purina (Rooster Booster)

91 18.38%
  • Derby Ace

50 10.10%
  • Power bullets

27 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gamefowl Feeds

Post Thanks / Like

Gamefowl Feeds

What brand of gamefowl feeds do you use in your farm?

Chick Booster:
    Stag Developer:
    Maintenance:
    Conditioning Pellets:
    Concentrate Grains:

* No intention of promoting any single brand, just a survey what most of the members here use.
    Last edited by GB-ONE; November 12th, 2007 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gamefowl Feeds

For brands that were not listed above, just post what you use.

Voting is open so you can vote more than one brand.

Post Thanks / Like

i am producing my own grains and buy the pellets...i saved lots of pesos this way...

paquito56

Kogmohon, i agree with you. Also you can prepare other types of feeding, for chicks, hens and etc...By the way, you are back..How did you do in Talisay Derby?? didnt get your call..Guess next time will be..Taker my friend...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GB-ONE
    What brand of gamefowl feeds do you use in your farm?

Chick Booster:
    Stag Developer:
    Maintenance:
    Conditioning Pellets:
    Concentrate Grains:

* No intention of promoting any single brand, just a survey what most of the members here use.
    chick booster: rooster booster
    stag developer: thunderbird
    maintenance: gmp
    conditioning pellets: sagupaan
    concentrate grains: royal, hagibis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paquito56
    Kogmohon, i agree with you. Also you can prepare other types of feeding, for chicks, hens and etc...By the way, you are back..How did you do in Talisay Derby?? didnt get your call..Guess next time will be..Taker my friend...

hola paquito...i left your phone no. here...sorry...i had 2 wins in the 3 stag derby 4 wins in the
    5 stag...i'll be fighting the bakbakan prelims at talisay complex on the 15th with 2 1/2 wins...
    how did you do with yours? regards..lee

Post Thanks / Like

We use Sagupaan products from Day 1 to 3months old. After that we use ordinary (generic) market feeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Power Bullets (all variants).

Post Thanks / Like

What are your reasons for choosing the brand you're using now? Any benefits? Advantages?

Post Thanks / Like

Power Bullets are cooked. They become meaty when wet which peps up their appetites. Leftovers don't sour and you can safely use for next feeding. Digestibility is 90% which means my waste in spending money is 10% while conventional feeds make you waste 40%; that's a lot of money. Shelf life is one year, a convenience I find indispensable. This is the feed that modern science promised us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy rose
    Power Bullets are cooked. They become meaty when wet which peps up their appetites. Leftovers don't sour and you can safely use for next feeding. Digestibility is 90% which means my waste in spending money is 10% while conventional feeds make you waste 40%; that's a lot of money. Shelf life is one year, a convenience I find indispensable. This is the feed that modern science promised us.
    One year shelf life??? amazing bro.... is that covered by a one year waranty card?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkfowl
    One year shelf life??? amazing bro.... is that covered by a one year waranty card?
    There is only one way to find out for yourself; buy a kilo and store it for a year. To see is to believe.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a feed dealer, i buy bulk feeds... but no feed company assures me a shelf life of more than a month my friend, even power bullets..

Post Thanks / Like

gypsy rose,

are you in anyway related to power bullets? Maybe you could conduct seminar with our group regarding your product. . .

this is very interesting because almost all of the feed companies that conducted seminar with us never talked about their feed's shelf-life.

sir darkfowl,

if this is true/proven, is this a big factor to consider for choosing our feeds ?

Post Thanks / Like

One month is not too long a wait to find out or maybe somebody else besides me can share his experience. As to the claim in shelf life, I got in touch with their office and that was the info they gave me. My own personal experience so far is 3 months and absolutely no molds or any signs of spoilage. My chickens do not show any digestive problems. I think the power bullets people will be more than happy to conduct a seminar with any gamefowl organization. You can always call to inquire.

Post Thanks / Like

choose the feeds that you are familiar with and readily available when you need it especially
    during breeding season...i like bmeg but where my farm is...they are scarce as a hens tooth...

Post Thanks / Like

POWER BULLETS info...
    http://www.feedmix.com/Products/Powe...erBullets.aspx

Plant Site:

053 Dampol 2nd, Pulilan Bulacan, Philippines
    Tel: (044) 676-0000
    Fax: (044) 676-2359

Manila Office:

Suite 1505 East Tower
    PSE Center, Exchange Road
    Ortigas Center, Pasig City
    Tel: (632) 636-1627 to 31
    Fax: (632) 636-1623

Email: sales@feedmix.com

this may help....

Post Thanks / Like

try this:

split 2 sets of full brothers (stags/bullstags/cocks - whatever available)
    1st set --- feed it with your current feeds
    2nd set -- feed it with whatever your local vet suggest to you or what you researched that most breeders are using.

after 25 days
    spar the other half - to the other half

weigh it every other day
    feel the rooster
    then
    contrast and compare
    Last edited by swtrhtch1925; November 15th, 2007 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to ship U.S. feeds from California. I just had a meeting with the Philippine Door-to-door shipping company: the comapny will pick up the bags, pack the bags into boxes, shipped in dry containers and deliver to my farm (or wherever). Let me give this project a good start and with good results, I would make U. S. feeds available to other members.

The U.S. feeds are available in whole grain, crushed (less storage life), and pelletized in 50 lb. bags.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Gamefowl Feeds

thats good news bro eaa indians......i just swift (walis- walis) some feeds sa mga feed mills dito and im getting it for free........iba talaga sa tate.......magsasawa ka sa pagkain pati mga manok mo........libre pa......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GB-ONE
    gypsy rose,

are you in anyway related to power bullets? Maybe you could conduct seminar with our group regarding your product. . .

this is very interesting because almost all of the feed companies that conducted seminar with us never talked about their feed's shelf-life.

sir darkfowl,

if this is true/proven, is this a big factor to consider for choosing our feeds ?
    Sir Beng,

the company name should speak for itself, and in the feed business " kung sino ang madaming benta ito ang maganda ang resulta" so hindi na kailangan patagalin ang feeds sa bodega kasi madalas ang fast moving feeds ay nauubusan ng stock dahil nag-uunahan sa pagbili ang mga parokyano.... , meron pa nga ako stock dito sa store ko 1 taon na hindi pa nabibili, pinamimigay ko na nga lang ayaw pa din kunin ng mga suki.. may amag na daw yung una ko binigay sa kanila...

Post Thanks / Like

how true? feed companies mix stimulants in their feeds to increase the appetite of chickens?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkfowl
    Sir Beng,

the company name should speak for itself, and in the feed business " kung sino ang madaming benta ito ang maganda ang resulta" so hindi na kailangan patagalin ang feeds sa bodega kasi madalas ang fast moving feeds ay nauubusan ng stock dahil nag-uunahan sa pagbili ang mga parokyano.... , meron pa nga ako stock dito sa store ko 1 taon na hindi pa nabibili, pinamimigay ko na nga lang ayaw pa din kunin ng mga suki.. may amag na daw yung una ko binigay sa kanila...
    good point sir!

Post Thanks / Like

much appreciated for the info Bro!

i used to feed my fowls with Power Bullets back in Cotabato area till the dealer stopped his distribution. I've since moved my stocks to Cebu. Any info of Power Bullets feeds dealer in Cebu area? thanks and best regards

Quote Originally Posted by parak
    POWER BULLETS info...
    http://www.feedmix.com/Products/Powe...erBullets.aspx

Plant Site:

053 Dampol 2nd, Pulilan Bulacan, Philippines
    Tel: (044) 676-0000
    Fax: (044) 676-2359

Manila Office:

Suite 1505 East Tower
    PSE Center, Exchange Road
    Ortigas Center, Pasig City
    Tel: (632) 636-1627 to 31
    Fax: (632) 636-1623

Email: sales@feedmix.com

this may help....

asintado

Here are some Gamefowl feed for thought....Power bullets as mentioned claims longer shelf life....reason: the feed is fully cooked ...there is no weevil or weevil egg, no bacteria, no living organism that can propagate, if factory sealed and kept in room temp where condensation or sudden change of temp will not occur..the product can maintain its freshness for 1 year...its like the regular cereal you eat for breakfast.... I'll explain other important issues because i believe in this product's advantages. First, ask yourselves, how did gamefowl feeds evolved... Late 60's.... what is available is corn, palay, mongo, etc..(whatever grain is locally available), obviously nutrition is not complete nor balanced. Why was Calf manna so popular? It was used as an additive.. because a calf manna pellet is very high in protein and it contains micro ingredients like vitamins and minerals... but knowing exactly how much to feed is very hard to know... Giving fruits, vegetables, honey, etc is also being practiced...nutritionally it helps but again knowing exactly how much is a big question. ....will have a follow up thread on this subject....

asintado

a follow up note on gamefowl feeds...Then came the commercially available mash feeds....a better option specially if you choose the poultry layer's diet....almost the same profile as that of a gamefowl nitrition requirement. Then came the pellets and crumbles.... same formula but different form...better form because wastage is minimized, macro ingredeints gets pecked and taken in in pellet pieces. Ok, now here is the big difference....Power Bullets...100% cooked feeds (the user's tally seems accurate because its the youngest brand among the list)....we mix dog food in some special diets like stag developing ...again because of better protein absorbability and the many vitamins and minerals it carries....Power bullets is processed exactly tthe same as dog food....but of course using the exact nutrition formula for gamebirds....from chick raising to conditioning. here are some advantages: feeds when cooked offers better nutrient absorption...to prove this is simply comparing: try to eat raw beef and you will absorb less protein compared to eating it as a grilled burger, try to eat "bigas" compared to "kanin" which will give yo more carbo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asintado
    Here are some Gamefowl feed for thought....Power bullets as mentioned claims longer shelf life....reason: the feed is fully cooked ...there is no weevil or weevil egg, no bacteria, no living organism that can propagate, if factory sealed and kept in room temp where condensation or sudden change of temp will not occur..the product can maintain its freshness for 1 year...its like the regular cereal you eat for breakfast.... I'll explain other important issues because i believe in this product's advantages. First, ask yourselves, how did gamefowl feeds evolved... Late 60's.... what is available is corn, palay, mongo, etc..(whatever grain is locally available), obviously nutrition is not complete nor balanced. Why was Calf manna so popular? It was used as an additive.. because a calf manna pellet is very high in protein and it contains micro ingredients like vitamins and minerals... but knowing exactly how much to feed is very hard to know... Giving fruits, vegetables, honey, etc is also being practiced...nutritionally it helps but again knowing exactly how much is a big question. ....will have a follow up thread on this subject....
    very nice post

asintado

my final note....Another advantage: which among the pellets and mash available in the market can guarantee no bacteria and no salmonella, if they can....then they should also be able to eat some pieces of their pellets to show confidence that its guaranteed clean (as i witnessed being done by a power bullets rep during a seminar). So what is important with a guaranteed clean feeds? Have you experienced conditioning your prize rooster when 3 days before the day of fight... you noticed na "off" yung manok? I'm not saying the pellet or one of the feed casued it but I'm not taking it out also of the probable cause since regular pellets (like all existing products) are practically raw...and if the truck that delivered the corn to the feedmill is contaminated with salmonella...it will be processed with salmonella....unlike in cooked feeds....heat exposure and steam kills all kinds of bacteria and living contaminants. Physically, try mixing Power bullets berdugo (pre-fight) with boiled or pre soaked grains, the kibblets of power bullets does not turn into powder (so unlike the regular pellets). There is a lot more to see in this next generation gamefowl nutrition.... i get to see my roosters with "malapad pero magaan" na katawan...malaking advantage for derby fights.....of course i assume also that a light but well muscled roosters is more agile and powerful...which counts a lot during the first buckle....its just a matter of time... lalabas din yun mga nagsisikreto dyan ng mga feeds na ginagamit.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floresmay
    much appreciated for the info Bro!

i used to feed my fowls with Power Bullets back in Cotabato area till the dealer stopped his distribution. I've since moved my stocks to Cebu. Any info of Power Bullets feeds dealer in Cebu area? thanks and best regards
    I saw some stocks at kusug agrivet store. Are you originally from cotabato city?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A1GFarms
    thats good news bro eaa indians......i just swift (walis- walis) some feeds sa mga feed mills dito and im getting it for free........iba talaga sa tate.......magsasawa ka sa pagkain pati mga manok mo........libre pa......
    I have a friend who works for the Rice Mill in the states. He sweeps the rice on the floor and he hauls bags and bags of rice that he and his buddy use for feeds. Rather than the mill throwing the rice on the floor, it is put into good use.