View Poll Results: which brand do you use?

Voters
491. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robichem Supremo

29 5.91%
  • Thunderbird

263 53.56%
  • Sagupaan

73 14.87%
  • Purina (Rooster Booster)

91 18.53%
  • Derby Ace

49 9.98%
  • Power bullets

27 5.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gamefowl Feeds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gamefowl Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by darkfowl
    Sir Beng,

the company name should speak for itself, and in the feed business " kung sino ang madaming benta ito ang maganda ang resulta" so hindi na kailangan patagalin ang feeds sa bodega kasi madalas ang fast moving feeds ay nauubusan ng stock dahil nag-uunahan sa pagbili ang mga parokyano.... , meron pa nga ako stock dito sa store ko 1 taon na hindi pa nabibili, pinamimigay ko na nga lang ayaw pa din kunin ng mga suki.. may amag na daw yung una ko binigay sa kanila...
    Ferraris sell less than toyotas...my friend?

Post Thanks / Like

This is a controversial subject in the U.S.A. Grains or Pellets. We were feeding a 16 seed and grain mix supplemented by fish protein in the mix. This way we reached an acceptable protein level. The price cilmbed until it became cost prohibitive.

We are using thirteen 80 pound sacks a week.

We looked for alternative and settled on Entree Pelea Pellets made by Purina, It is 17 % protein and is balaced with vitamins and minerals. The protein level is reached via vegetable protein.The birds came through the molt looking beter than ever.

But, here comes the controversy. Is the Gizzard active enough without the grains. I supplementt with Cracked Corn to keep the Gizzard active and a spoonful of of wet dog food daily for animal protein.

This is the best we can come up with so far.

Saludos,
    Baja

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Gamefowl Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy rose
    Ferraris sell less than toyotas...my friend?
    you're right, but kias sell less than toyotas. . . Where do we compare power bullets, kia or ferrari?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Gamefowl Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by pago!
    you're right, but kias sell less than toyotas. . . Where do we compare power bullets, kia or ferrari?
    You are a naughty boy. Iam in no mood to play. There must be a good reason why I mentioned ferrari not yours. I like your wit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Gamefowl Feeds

for maintenance, i use GMP. i think it's best because the poultry supply near my place almost always runs out of stock when i order, meaning a lot of us are using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asintado
    my final note....Another advantage: which among the pellets and mash available in the market can guarantee no bacteria and no salmonella, if they can....then they should also be able to eat some pieces of their pellets to show confidence that its guaranteed clean (as i witnessed being done by a power bullets rep during a seminar). So what is important with a guaranteed clean feeds? Have you experienced conditioning your prize rooster when 3 days before the day of fight... you noticed na "off" yung manok? I'm not saying the pellet or one of the feed casued it but I'm not taking it out also of the probable cause since regular pellets (like all existing products) are practically raw...and if the truck that delivered the corn to the feedmill is contaminated with salmonella...it will be processed with salmonella....unlike in cooked feeds....heat exposure and steam kills all kinds of bacteria and living contaminants. Physically, try mixing Power bullets berdugo (pre-fight) with boiled or pre soaked grains, the kibblets of power bullets does not turn into powder (so unlike the regular pellets). There is a lot more to see in this next generation gamefowl nutrition.... i get to see my roosters with "malapad pero magaan" na katawan...malaking advantage for derby fights.....of course i assume also that a light but well muscled roosters is more agile and powerful...which counts a lot during the first buckle....its just a matter of time... lalabas din yun mga nagsisikreto dyan ng mga feeds na ginagamit.....
    I second the motion coz i'm a user of this feeds and I can vouch this products to you fellow sabungero, try it before its too late. cguradong masisiyahan kayo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asintado
    a follow up note on gamefowl feeds...Then came the commercially available mash feeds....a better option specially if you choose the poultry layer's diet....almost the same profile as that of a gamefowl nitrition requirement. Then came the pellets and crumbles.... same formula but different form...better form because wastage is minimized, macro ingredeints gets pecked and taken in in pellet pieces. Ok, now here is the big difference....Power Bullets...100% cooked feeds (the user's tally seems accurate because its the youngest brand among the list)....we mix dog food in some special diets like stag developing ...again because of better protein absorbability and the many vitamins and minerals it carries....Power bullets is processed exactly tthe same as dog food....but of course using the exact nutrition formula for gamebirds....from chick raising to conditioning. here are some advantages: feeds when cooked offers better nutrient absorption...to prove this is simply comparing: try to eat raw beef and you will absorb less protein compared to eating it as a grilled burger, try to eat "bigas" compared to "kanin" which will give yo more carbo?
    HAPPY SELLING ASINTADO!!! ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EAA Indians
    I have a friend who works for the Rice Mill in the states. He sweeps the rice on the floor and he hauls bags and bags of rice that he and his buddy use for feeds. Rather than the mill throwing the rice on the floor, it is put into good use.
    Now that's smart!!!...if they make the effort of boiling this they can get more out of every kilo they use...better digestibility...

Post Thanks / Like

A japanese ate sushi and said - VERY DAMN GOOD!

A european ate sushi and said - what the f........!

to each his own

stick what works for you

Post Thanks / Like

lets raise this a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Gamefowl Feeds

Bump .......................

Post Thanks / Like

UP.............................................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UNO View Post
    UP.............................................
    we've been using GMP then shift to BMEG w/c is a little bit costly but gave us really good result

Post Thanks / Like

Cold pressed pellet is better than extruded pellet. The high temperature over 100 Celsius during extruding increase the digestibility of the carbohydrates but diminished the nutrients and killed the enzymes, the fatty acid also sensitive to the high temperature.

Post Thanks / Like

Farmersville feed mix, best overall mix with alot of varietly and runs about 16% protein
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard about Gold Coin Broiler Feed?

Post Thanks / Like

this is what we use custom mix but getting a little too pricey

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5120/cimg4558.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ga coondawg View Post

Milled in Ga Great feed at a great price!!
    How much a 50 and whats in it

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good price for those good ingredients. Do you know the CP? Would you know the manufacturer and contact information? Maybe it will be cheaper for me to buy by the container and have it shipped vs. the current price here in the PI which is 0.31 cents a pound.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

JC, unless you finish all the feeds in a month or month and a half, plus the travel time, your feeds may not be that fresh anymore especially if its packed in non-barrier bags. If you need container loads or even half that volume you should be able to get good pelletized feeds locally at 22 cents per pound. Plus minus a few cents. Will be glad to help you out if you need any assistance. We have the best corn in the country - and thats not bragging - we sortex each grain so we can get less than 50 parts per billion defective grains. Practically nil. And we run a mill that can customize - but if you like the formulations - you can get standardized feeds for philippine weather conditions, and its more cost efficient. Let me know and so i can send a technical rep to visit you.
    Last edited by jailbird; April 17th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Copy jailbird. Thank you.

I can hold feeds with Diatomaceous Earth (DE). I really don't need a container of feeds, but I can use it if it's nutritious and good quality. And since I can prolong it with DE, I don't mind.

My problem with PI feeds is that they are lacking in quality. It's all scraps. And since they are scrap, they should not cost 0.31 cents a pound, but they do.

I don't like to skimp on my birds. I want quality, nutrition value and good ingredients, etc.

If it can be done at 0.19 cents a pound, I'll be more than happy to be a customer.

That's why I was asking about the Georgia feed.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok let me have a few bags made and will send you some to evaluate on your fowl. If its good enough for you we can make commercial quantities :-) glad to serve. Btw i agree with you in all points re quality. Thats why we run our own feeds from our own corn and grains we use for our flour plus human grade milk etc. Thats what we put into our feeds for our own roosters and hogs too. The hogs we process to meat products and we dont make anything we wont eat ourselves. Anyway, will send you the bags soon as i get a run scheduled. Just pm me your address. Better still email me at jebe.lfugc@gmail.com so i get it asap thru my bberry
    Last edited by jailbird; April 17th, 2012 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

coondawg do you know if they have some distributors in se ga. that aint no bad price. the stuff i get now is 14.5 bag and about same stuff. or how hard would it be to get it down here. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

good ol burkmans 18%

now if ya can i really would like to see yalls feed mix can ya take any pics.i will this evening

Post Thanks / Like

This is called Chavez Mix. Its made in California. I buy it in Phoenix for 19.50 a bag..........39 cents a pound..... Expensive as hell but it's good stuff......
    Last edited by wild willy; April 24th, 2012 at 04:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody found out if you can get it in south georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GB-ONE View Post
    What brand of gamefowl feeds do you use in your farm?

Chick Booster:
    Stag Developer:
    Maintenance:
    Conditioning Pellets:
    Concentrate Grains:

* No intention of promoting any single brand, just a survey what most of the members here use.

medicated chick starter pellets
    laying pellets
    all purpose pellets
    scratch grains

In Missouri the Orscheln brand of all these is good stuff. $10 to $13 per bag, and really fresh wich is the most important thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys used casta brava or gonzales..these are mexican feeds I dont know if they make them in the u.s..for chicks y use the purina chick started medicated..

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently found a feed made by purina it's called woodland gamebird feed it has a pheasent on the front of the bag. It is real clean grains with a protein pellet I am adding a laying pellet and a alfalfa pellet and a little bit of sunflower working real good my birds are cleaning it up well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by point remove View Post
    I just recently found a feed made by purina it's called woodland gamebird feed it has a pheasent on the front of the bag. It is real clean grains with a protein pellet I am adding a laying pellet and a alfalfa pellet and a little bit of sunflower working real good my birds are cleaning it up well.
    Where do you get this feed? price? Thanks