Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 324

Thread: Cigar Gamefarm

  
  1. #1
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cigar Gamefarm



    Kogs and I holding the 11 time winner Cigar Claret in Gaff, SK and LK
    all winning entries documented.

  2. #2
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...omer_cigar.jpg

    Son of the 11 time winner
    Cigar is holding the full brother also of the 11 time- acquired by Kogmohon
    Last edited by swtrhtch1925; December 27th, 2007 at 09:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm



    cigar claret broodcock

  4. #4
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm




    cigar throwback of straight comb ruble hatch

  5. #5
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    james - as per cigar, here is your winning broodcock


  6. #6
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Cigar Pure Roundhead Broodcock with Cigar Claret Hens


  7. #7
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Cigar Black Greys


  8. Likes Krackers Koop liked this post
  9. #8

  10. #9
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Cigar Tombstone Black


  11. #10
    El Espaņol
    Guest

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Excellent man.........We love those Cigar Clarets too! Breeding them heavily this year! Thanks for the pics.......looks like you had a nice time there. More power man......lets exchange some pullets this year!

    Regards,

  12. #11
    james wolf
    Guest

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    i agree with jon, let's exchange some pullets, i got my cigar broodcock with lancey's hatchcowan hens, & lancey's hatchcowan broodcock with cigar hens. switch1925 that broodcock will be with lancey's cowanboston hens & might single mate it with lancey's greylemon hens.
    i saw the pure cigar jon fought in san juan, was impressed, changed my thinking, 1/4 hatch is all i need with that claret & probably don't need any roundhead blood with it.

  13. #12
    Senior Member ubb6793's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by swtrhtch1925


    Kogs and I holding the 11 time winner Cigar Claret in Gaff, SK and LK
    all winning entries documented.
    11 time winner....wow! Nice fowls.

  14. #13
    Senior Member nagasaki red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    11 time wiinner...good to cross with roundhead and hatch to creATE LINES THAT ARE CONSISTENT..

  15. #14
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    i agree with jon, let's exchange some pullets, i got my cigar broodcock with lancey's hatchcowan hens, & lancey's hatchcowan broodcock with cigar hens. switch1925 that broodcock will be with lancey's cowanboston hens & might single mate it with lancey's greylemon hens.
    i saw the pure cigar jon fought in san juan, was impressed, changed my thinking, 1/4 hatch is all i need with that claret & probably don't need any roundhead blood with it.
    james I played with the clarets this year.

    as long there is 1/2 cigar on it.
    I am happy with its outcome
    but I will stick with blueface, Mel Sims hatch and roundhead with Cigar blood.
    with rheads, it becomes more shifty. that is the only thing I find different the rest is the same.

    I would like to circle but my other hen died reason I went to Cigar.
    I will be able to circle next year with you guys.

    someone already offered. told them its 50k pesos.
    guy said "Sh*t that is too much.."
    then buy direct from him bec. I wont sell you a feather.
    Not worth the money. Its hard to get winners.

    Kogs is now a Cigar owner as well.
    Met him today and he was a very very nice chicken man.
    He treated me and Cigar to a good steak with lots of chicken talk.
    Last edited by swtrhtch1925; December 2nd, 2007 at 12:44 PM.

  16. #15
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Kuya Lee

    here is what you were asking awhile ago.
    Spar from the Philippine Soil.

    The patent in the blood.


    "Rake - a hairline from the ground"


    the sideways



    hit first before landing


    aerial shift for a good opening


    does wait - size up opponents that are high breakers and wait for good opening
    see the high flying dink sweater hudspeth cross on top and cigar cross at the bottom


    with sweaters, high breakers


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    homer...i enjoyed visiting you and cigar...let's have a reunion again in araneta next yeAR
    with all the cigar lovers...thanks for leading me to cigar...they are simply irresistible and i
    can't go home without it...

  18. #17
    james wolf
    Guest

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    switch1925, i agree needs hatch blood, for me the ruble was a good cross last yr, now that i have some rublecigar pullets i plan to put a cigar broodcock with them, i think the 3/4 cigar will be good. lancey gave me a hatch stag (5 diff hatch bloods) i plan to try that with the hens brian is sending over. i will also probably infuse it into juancho's lemon to improve the station of the lemon & increase the claret blood in the lemon. not this yr but next will cross with my red velcro & leiper from middleton. so many possiblities, but lancey's boston is proven cross with lemons, so any roundhead blood i use with the cigar will probably be that beside the cowan. jim

  19. #18
    Member kilabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    BAYAN NG PITONG LAWA
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    awesome clarets goodluck with wsc!

  20. #19
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    homer...i enjoyed visiting you and cigar...let's have a reunion again in araneta next yeAR
    with all the cigar lovers...thanks for leading me to cigar...they are simply irresistible and i
    can't go home without it...
    kuya lee - i will make damn sure i will be there to watch it.
    I hope your plan and cigar's materialize.

  21. #20
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    switch1925, i agree needs hatch blood, for me the ruble was a good cross last yr, now that i have some rublecigar pullets i plan to put a cigar broodcock with them, i think the 3/4 cigar will be good. lancey gave me a hatch stag (5 diff hatch bloods) i plan to try that with the hens brian is sending over. i will also probably infuse it into juancho's lemon to improve the station of the lemon & increase the claret blood in the lemon. not this yr but next will cross with my red velcro & leiper from middleton. so many possiblities, but lancey's boston is proven cross with lemons, so any roundhead blood i use with the cigar will probably be that beside the cowan. jim
    i think it work on anything with careful matching with good stations.
    my rule of thumb from now on is 1/2 blood claret.
    or it goes 3/4.
    Unless I know its a proven winner on the other blood then I will
    grade it to less than 1/2.

    "LEMON REBORN"

  22. #21
    Senior Member hotspur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    thecruciblegamefarm
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    very nice sir kogs and swthrhtch1925,thanks for sharing,.goodluck all james wolf and sir jon i will be watching and rooting for you guys.you have all the best bloods wont be long before you get the coveted championship.

  23. #22
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by hotspur
    very nice sir kogs and swthrhtch1925,thanks for sharing,.goodluck all james wolf and sir jon i will be watching and rooting for you guys.you have all the best bloods wont be long before you get the coveted championship.
    hotspur - its jon, jim, kogs, another friend of jon and cigar in the islands and my dad.

    I just scouted for my father - he asked me to find the best claret winning blood i can find
    took awhile - but worth the long trip for years.

    all 5 of us has something in common with this blood.
    it may take time. but we are on the right track
    i have not met jon and jim yet but I am sure we share the same
    bond of friendship. id like to meet them someday.

  24. #23
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Cigar Ruble Hatch Breeding

    Jim/Jon - I like this hatch.


    Broodstag




    Broodhen



  25. Likes Krackers Koop liked this post
  26. #24
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Claret Cross

    @ blueface


    @ roundhead


    this is what i like from the rest of the pack

  27. #25
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Cigar Claret Broodcock
    my pick


  28. #26
    El Espaņol
    Guest

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Very nice Ruble......I have one of our 2 or 3 time winner GLH over 1 or 2 of the imported Cigar Claret hens this year.....

    If my feelings are right they will produce some nice ones! Time will tell!

    Thanks for sharing man.

    Regards,

  29. #27
    CyberFriends rmdiokno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Hi Homer:

    Where is this Cigar Game Farm? Is this drivable from our place? I kind of like to have those Clarets too. Anybody in the Phil. selling this now? Wish you more success in your breeding program. I'll be traveling thru Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin and probably Bohol....do you know anybody in these areas who have good fowls to sell?

    Raffy

  30. #28
    Senior Member bangkito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DAVAO CITY/BAMB
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    Quote Originally Posted by swtrhtch1925
    nice pick! goodluck to your breeding!

  31. #29
    Senior Member swtrhtch1925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm



    Claret's Hardwares - at least some of it

  32. #30
    Senior Member hope1126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cigar Gamefarm

    nice clarets....

Similar Threads

  1. cigar farm visit
    By El ace in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 10:57 AM
  2. cigar farms
    By CIGAR in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM
  3. Cigar Claret's
    By CockerOfTheYear in forum Chicken Talk
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: October 31st, 2011, 08:48 AM
  4. Customized Cigar Case
    By totie joaquin in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •