Thread: Feeding

joeyfmx24

Feeding

Any help on how to feed, Ive been trying all the usual, they dont seem to like soaked whole oats, but they liked the flat rolled oats, I use pellets, crak corn, blk snflwer seed, wheat, and a little dogfood. I have only a trio of a 10 mo old stag, 6 mo old hen, and 1 yr old hen, strictly for show and breeding and the live in a pen with 60 square feet. They are bumblefoot greys. They dont seem to like pellets so I tried a little crumbles they ate em, so maybe ill switch that part. They seemed to eat the most when I mixed wheat, pellets, flat rolled oats and the blk oil snflwer, wetting it and stirring it up right before feeding, thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Feeding

Did you wash the soaked grains before feeding it to your fowls? They do get stale after being soak for a while in water. Hope it will solve your problem. More power.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feeding

You already got them eat, and its already a good mixture for a breeding fowls. No more worries.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah...you are doing good...continue everything except breast feeding...

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind these are smart birds. I guarantee you they wont die of starvation. Eventually they will eat what you give them. I feed all my chickens tomato one day a month. I then will not feed the next day until that tomato is gone.

joeyfmx24

Thanks all, I just dont want to mess up their diet with all the changes, but then again Im not really adding or subtracting too much of one thing, I just want to be feeding nutritionally ballanced diet, I also feed them mealworms and grass or lettuce and fruit, a few times a week to give them a fresh/natural choice, I know overfeeding can cause pickiness, but since they are young Im figuring that their metabolism is higher so I feed about to cereal bowls of feed twice a day,(not per bird but for all 3) also when I said for breeding and show I really mean that I will never take them to a pit, I just really like gamefowl and their history. I have a 4 or 5 mo old hatch stag runnin the yard and a hatch hen, I feed them only lay pellets and a few treats but they always have access to fresh grass, and they look great, and dont complain like my grey hen does in the pen. They dont act picky. I also will give all my birds a few days a week of vitamins/electrolytes in their water.
    Last edited by joeyfmx24; December 8th, 2007 at 12:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey man
    Keep in mind these are smart birds. I guarantee you they wont die of starvation. Eventually they will eat what you give them. I feed all my chickens tomato one day a month. I then will not feed the next day until that tomato is gone.

what exactly does the tomato do, sir grey man? I assume it will clean the digestive tract, right?.. please explain. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raisin
    what exactly does the tomato do, sir grey man? I assume it will clean the digestive tract, right?.. please explain. Thanks

it makes your sexual libido super active like the italians and the sperm less of a swimmer...
    the chinese had a population explosion since marco polo took all the tomatoes in china...
    have you had a chinese food with tomatoes?

joeyfmx24

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    it makes your sexual libido super active like the italians and the sperm less of a swimmer...
    the chinese had a population explosion since marco polo took all the tomatoes in china...
    have you had a chinese food with tomatoes?

Hey cool Im italian, the best lovers on the planet! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeyfmx24
    Thanks all, I just dont want to mess up their diet with all the changes, but then again Im not really adding or subtracting too much of one thing, I just want to be feeding nutritionally ballanced diet, I also feed them mealworms and grass or lettuce and fruit, a few times a week to give them a fresh/natural choice, I know overfeeding can cause pickiness, but since they are young Im figuring that their metabolism is higher so I feed about to cereal bowls of feed twice a day,(not per bird but for all 3) also when I said for breeding and show I really mean that I will never take them to a pit, I just really like gamefowl and their history. I have a 4 or 5 mo old hatch stag runnin the yard and a hatch hen, I feed them only lay pellets and a few treats but they always have access to fresh grass, and they look great, and dont complain like my grey hen does in the pen. They dont act picky. I also will give all my birds a few days a week of vitamins/electrolytes in their water.
    I am not sure how much is contained in a cereal bowl... for the trio at most should be 120 grams of feed twice daily... Maybe the problem is over feeding...