Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gene Brown Oakgroove Farm

Post Thanks / Like

Gene Brown Oakgroove Farm

Appreciate your help, I'm looking for Gene Browns contact in the states. Any help is very much appreciated.

I'm interested on his YLH and GLH, planning to acquire as soon as get his contact.

Do you know any breeder in PI who is very succesfull with Oakgroove hatches?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gene Brown Oakgroove Farm

monty, i have a trio of each of gene brown''s ylh and oakgrove (gl). my partner in california was able to acquire both lines from brown years back and he has been breeding both lines for the past 15 years or so. i will ask him if he wants to sell. if so, i will post it. this is just the first year that i, myself, am breeding the said lines.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for Gene Brown's contact info as well.. Will someone please pm me it or shoot it to me in an email.

Post Thanks / Like

it's best to buy direct...but he is too slow in shipping... if you can put a dozen of firecrackers on his butt...you might just be on time for next years stag season...

junebug32

In what state is Gene Browns farm located.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    it's best to buy direct...but he is too slow in shipping... if you can put a dozen of firecrackers on his butt...you might just be on time for next years stag season...
    This definitely will end up as one of Kog's best quotes.

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by Laguan
    This definitely will end up as one of Kog's best quotes.
    I think it will end up for now but not for long.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope I am not in violation of privacy act law. Well, what a hick its Christmas Time anyway. So here’s the Address:
    Oak grove Game Farm (Mr. Gene Brown) owner
    P.O. Box 213
    Philadelphia, MS 39350
    Tel: Day: (601) 656-2272/0985
    Night: (601) 656-4132

Merry Christmas to you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junebug32
    I think it will end up for now but not for long.
    Junebug32 you are probably right as Kogs has a very wild imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junebug32
    In what state is Gene Browns farm located.
    Misssissipi....or used to be...he also ran or may still be running Magnolia veterinary supply...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Didnt Gene Brown Jr. stop breeding birds awhile back????
    He hasnt competed for the longest time. I heard he stopped. can anyone confirm this?

I've gotten really good stuff from him in the early 90's. But cant track down who carries the old YLH that i got before.

Best,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him with Lonny Harper at the Intercontinental Derby in Mexico and he was fighting chickens. He did real well !
    Baja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner
    I hope I am not in violation of privacy act law. Well, what a hick its Christmas Time anyway. So here’s the Address:
    Oak grove Game Farm (Mr. Gene Brown) owner
    P.O. Box 213
    Philadelphia, MS 39350
    Tel: Day: (601) 656-2272/0985
    Night: (601) 656-4132

Merry Christmas to you all.

Sony,

Thanks a lot for timely sharing his contact. I'm planning to use stags produced from his YLH/GLH trio in the Bakbakan'08, will contact Gene as soon as I can.

Actually, I really want to acquire his YLH 2 or 3 years ago but only now that I finally have the logistics and resources. Gene's best man in the wedding is my officemate in my previous company abroad before. Thats why I got interest in his YLH and GLH. Unfortunately I lost contact on my officemate friend.

Post Thanks / Like

i know someone who has these bloodlines in the Philippines both the yellow/green legged hatch he acquired these lines from a kabayan in CA.
    contact person ted 09321735829 all i know about these breed they are not easy to get and they are not cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garyonate View Post
    i know someone who has these bloodlines in the Philippines both the yellow/green legged hatch he acquired these lines from a kabayan in CA.
    contact person ted 09321735829 all i know about these breed they are not easy to get and they are not cheap
    norman rockweil has gene brown yellowleghatch but idont know his #.....me and my friend went to his farm lastyear in lousiana his yellowleg x to muletrain gray.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Gene Brown Oakgroove Farm

Mr. Gene Brown is no longer breeding chickens. He has given his chicken to a friend somewhere in TN. I believe he has quit breeding showfowls...........

Post Thanks / Like

if he's no longer breeding who has them now, and whats his contact information?

Post Thanks / Like

No I have not quit and have not gave them to anyone in Tn. just go where it is legal.
    Kog if had a real job might be real slow.I personally dont care if I sell anything or not as it is my hobby not my living so dont think anyone can put a firecracker under my butt LOL.
    --- Gene

19. Likes Gullgivins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

up...up for this topic

sir gene, would you mind show some picture of your ylh and glh. thanks

neil

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gene, no firecrackers here just a hobbyist myself. Been out of the chicken business awhile myself. gathered up some of my old blood from a few friends to get started back. Lost my ol ,foundation Hatch broodcock day before yesterday . Guess he was just to old. Nothing else evident wrong . Sure would like to come up with a foundation green leg Hatch rooster. If your still hobbying enough i would like to.. talk abouty some brood stock. PM me if its OK to contact you.Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Gene Brown Oakgroove Farm

Good to hear that your still breeding some chickens Mr. Gene Brown! Welcome back here in sabong posting. Hope we could hear more from you regarding your chickens!!! Been there in your farm years ago and it was your son John who entertained us while we were passing there in MS.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heared alot of good things about your chickens. Are they still the same as how they are before or you've been putting new blood in them? Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Brown View Post
    No I have not quit and have not gave them to anyone in Tn. just go where it is legal.
    Kog if had a real job might be real slow.I personally dont care if I sell anything or not as it is my hobby not my living so dont think anyone can put a firecracker under my butt LOL.
    --- Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Mr Gene Brown. I visited you on your farm in 1987, several months after you won the 9 cocks show in Sunset, Louisiana. I am Dr. R. Abangan's (Meridian, MS) nephew, I am an alumni of MJC and Ole, MS. I obtained 9 dozen of eggs from you at that time and brought it back home in the Philippines. You also gave me the name of J&J Farm (Jun Vera and Joe Alimbuyugin) who has your bloodlines in the Philippines. I maintained your Oakgrove bloodlines (greenlegged and yellow legs) with some infusion of Blueface. Kindly PM me if you have time, would like to chicken talk and visit your farm. Can I call you? I heard your showing you birds in Mexico. How did you do in the recent show between USA vs Mexico?

Thanks

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon View Post

Too slow to answer either ...took 4 years..2007 then 2011.

Love those old Oakgrove greenlegs.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the best hatches to ever wear feathers. Gene Brown, and his team some great breeders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arm View Post
    monty, i have a trio of each of gene brown''s ylh and oakgrove (gl). my partner in california was able to acquire both lines from brown years back and he has been breeding both lines for the past 15 years or so. i will ask him if he wants to sell. if so, i will post it. this is just the first year that i, myself, am breeding the said lines.
    I would like to know if your friend from california is going to sell the green leg hatch and the yello leg hatch and if he is i would like to know how much is he going to sell them. I would also like to know whats your friends name. If u can give me any information could u message me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gene this is johnny martin the last time i seen you was at the bayou club i was just wanting to know how your boy was doing you had told me that his eyes were in bad shape i hope he is better

Post Thanks / Like

Jonnnie thanks for asking.The cancer has been taken care of but he has migraine headaches caused by the radiation.Considering everything he is doing great.
    Thanks,---Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Gene,glad your son is ok other than the headaches.Hope the season goes well for you this season good luck.

Charlie Greer

Post Thanks / Like

does he have a spangle hatch breed?cause a friend of mine said he bought dozen chicks from a breeder in texas and said they're oakgrove spangle hatches