Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madigan clarets

Pyxel

Madigan clarets

any pictures of madigan clarets? what are they like? i hear they are very fast and aggressive fowl. what about roundhead-claret crosses as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madigan clarets

madigans are deep in color white legs black spur... they cross well with roudhead...

cigar

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the the difference of these Claret Lines: Pros and Cons !

Madigan Claret

Griffin Claret.

Cigar Claret

Hanky Dean Claret

Gracias y Saludos,

Baja

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by bajaexplor

Madigan Claret

Griffin Claret.

Cigar Claret

Hanky Dean Claret

Gracias y Saludos,

Baja
    If I'm not mistaken Baja most of the Griffin Clarets come out yellow legged.I don't know if all of them come out like that.The Claret that my friend bought from Ray Alexander came yellow legged and Ray said it was a Griffin Claret.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone knows who has madigan whiteclaret? i like those white,any info please....

Post Thanks / Like

Cigar,
    I was reading an article written by Gus Fritiof regarding his claim on the background of the broodhen and broodcock that was paired to produce the Madigin Clarets. It was so detailed that I can't help but recall reading another article stating that Col. Madigin took this particular hen in his Race Track or Hippodrome and this hen ended up with some handsome clutch that ended up to become the famous Clarets without knowing or identifying the responsible broodcock. I have not come across of any information from Magidin himself or any respectable breeder stating the origin of the broodcock that made or sired the Clarets.
    Do you have any idea how reliable Gus F. claim was ? Ofcourse we have the book that we can use for cross reference (History of Game Strains). I guess my question is more of Gus Frithiof's reputation.

Because at the end of his article, he was advertising his trio's for like $25. I was left scratching my head. He claimed to have direct access to all of Madigins yard and had won several Mains beating the top cocker/breeder of his time. How can he sell trio's way back in 1996 Iif I remember it right .... for $25 if what he claims is ... his birds possess the original blood of the original Clarets.

I was just hoping that you can shed light on this one.

Thanks so much.

YFIS.

Hermie from Connecticut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon
    Cigar,
    I was reading an article written by Gus Fritiof regarding his claim on the background of the broodhen and broodcock that was paired to produce the Madigin Clarets. It was so detailed that I can't help but recall reading another article stating that Col. Madigin took this particular hen in his Race Track or Hippodrome and this hen ended up with some handsome clutch that ended up to become the famous Clarets without knowing or identifying the responsible broodcock. I have not come across of any information from Magidin himself or any respectable breeder stating the origin of the broodcock that made or sired the Clarets.
    Do you have any idea how reliable Gus F. claim was ? Ofcourse we have the book that we can use for cross reference (History of Game Strains). I guess my question is more of Gus Frithiof's reputation.

Because at the end of his article, he was advertising his trio's for like $25. I was left scratching my head. He claimed to have direct access to all of Madigins yard and had won several Mains beating the top cocker/breeder of his time. How can he sell trio's way back in 1996 Iif I remember it right .... for $25 if what he claims is ... his birds possess the original blood of the original Clarets.

I was just hoping that you can shed light on this one.

Thanks so much.

YFIS.

Hermie from Connecticut

hermie...gus died a long time ago...there must be some error on the printing...you cannot
    buy a a stag for $25 in 1996 how much more for a trio...

Kampakirit

Here our very own Kogmohon..the walking encyclopedia. How good is it to raise GF in Tyler/dallas area.

Kampakirit

Here our very own Kogmohon..the walking encyclopedia. How good is it to raise GF in Tyler/dallas area.

Post Thanks / Like

i have some info on madigan and i will look it up tonight however i have to agree with kogs
    gus has passed for some time now and i think your referring to an add way back in time not in 1996. in 1996 trio were about the same prices as today maybe a little cheaper....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like

Madigan Claret

Griffin Claret.

Cigar Claret

Hanky Dean Claret

Gracias y Saludos,

Baja

Hey guys, from my understanding Madigan Clarets are the real deal. Harold Brown had these Clarets. Those come wine color with white pearl legs black spur. Griffin Clarets come both yellow leg and white legs and that comes from the Albany that was infused into them by Mr Griffin. These are the Clarets that Ray Alexander has. Now i have seen some of Cigar Clarets and i believe they are the Madigan Clarets. ( don quote me on Cigars Clarets) In regards to Hanky Dean i am not to sure. We have both Madigan Clarets that were aquired originally from Mr Brown direct. And also have Griffin Clarets that came from Ray Alexanders yard Hope this helps you...........

Post Thanks / Like

My dear friends Kogs and Cigar,
    My apologies for not being clear, but the article can be found at the October 1996 issue of the Gamecock mag. No mention that it was a reprint.

Anyhow, I can't believe finding myself tiptoeing to grab the copy of this Oct. 1996 issue of the gamecock in our bedroom to verify the exact month of this 1996 gamecock mag and to see if there is a mention that it was a reprint ...AT 2AM (!) while vacationing here at the Hilton Head in South Carolina. Sometimes I'm nuts.

Cigar, I would appreciate it very much if you could share the info you have regarding the creation of the Madigin Clarets. My email is silver2dmoon@yahoo.com

Got to go back to the broodpen.... the hen is still broody !!!

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS GENTLEMEN !!!

Your friend in Connecticut.

ronking

madigan claret are not aggressive fowls but calm cool game fowl...but very defensive fighters...usually watch the opponents from the ground n wait for a mistake b4 they throw a single devastating blow...the madigans can also break as high as opponent break n catch the opponent in the air aswell...

ronking

Quote Originally Posted by kgteng
    does anyone knows who has madigan whiteclaret? i like those white,any info please....
    the madigan white claret fights the same to the madigan claret...the only difference is they cut from underneath...wen the opponent break the white claret will just pass dem from underneath...n watch the opponent drop from the air like it was shot...

Post Thanks / Like

Ronron,

Is that your personal account towards the Clarets of Matty? I know where he got those and i'm thinking of getting both Claret bloods. I am expecting the Allens 1st week of the year from the same breeder where he got his madigans. Happy New year and advanced
    PIT SENOR kang Ronron kini!!!

Troy

ronking

bai troy...musta na bai?

yep dats wat i saw at his house 3 months ago wen we spar it...

accfarm

i have one, white claret comes with white legged peacomb
    Quote Originally Posted by kgteng

james wolf

i'm not sure madigan bred a white claret, i think (?) the original claret came from a grey cock (maybe hen?) thou.
    i'm guessing but the white claret came after madigan
    the claret i got from red fox is straightcomb (so far 100%) which is a madigan

Post Thanks / Like

Dong Ronron...i-PM imo cell diha australia...tawagan tika.

troy

Post Thanks / Like

In Gus F. account, the Mansell Pyle influence is what brings the white out of the red clarets...

Post Thanks / Like

What is known of the Madigan Claret line that Harold Brown got from Walter Kelso. Harold Brown is deceased and Ms. Rochelle has continued to Breed the Line at Red Fox Farm.

Wy question is...are they any good now ?

YFIS

baja

redticksrule

Thumbs up Re: Madigan clarets

I have a pair of madigin clarets my uncle sold me 6yrs ago from grady fields they are dark wine colored pearl legged and great fowl very smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accfarm
    i have one, white claret comes with white legged peacomb
    do you have any pair or trio to spare,cn you pm me and the price,thank you

Post Thanks / Like

What is known of the Madigan Claret line that Harold Brown got from Walter Kelso. Harold Brown is deceased and Ms. Rochelle has continued to Breed the Line at Red Fox Farm.

Wy question is...are they any good now ?

YFIS

baja
    Baja whats up? I was at her farm not to long ago and i will tell you they look great. It looks like they have done a wonderful job following Mr Browns breeding methods. They are still solid as well as her greys. The only down side to that is that she is constantly sold out of this line. As you know Mr Browns Clarets are the foundation of our Claret breeding program that has been around for over 20 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonio Romulo is breeding the madigan claret...

He told me his madigans are ground fighter and agressive...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by james wolf
    i'm not sure madigan bred a white claret, i think (?) the original claret came from a grey cock (maybe hen?) thou.
    i'm guessing but the white claret came after madigan
    the claret i got from red fox is straightcomb (so far 100%) which is a madigan
    THE CLARET FAMILY TREE:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saugus
    THE CLARET FAMILY TREE:
    thank bro., very intresting and informative................

Post Thanks / Like

i have never had a pea comb come from my cigar clarets if i do then i know i have big problems..... they have allways been st comb and allways will be st comb....

cigar

james wolf

bajaexplor, i have the red fox claret & they are good, not sure she sells them thou?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grey man
    Hey guys, from my understanding Madigan Clarets are the real deal. Harold Brown had these Clarets. Those come wine color with white pearl legs black spur. Griffin Clarets come both yellow leg and white legs and that comes from the Albany that was infused into them by Mr Griffin. These are the Clarets that Ray Alexander has. Now i have seen some of Cigar Clarets and i believe they are the Madigan Clarets. ( don quote me on Cigars Clarets) In regards to Hanky Dean i am not to sure. We have both Madigan Clarets that were aquired originally from Mr Brown direct. And also have Griffin Clarets that came from Ray Alexanders yard Hope this helps you...........

To All Breeders,

What are the differences when it comes to fighting styles of a griffin clarets to other claret such as madigin claret. Can you post somes of your input? Thanks